926 Bay St
Beaufort, SC 29902Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paninisonthewaterfront.com/
- Phone: 8433790300
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Low Country, Italian, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Paul Donella
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Late night entertainment Wednesday through Saturday starting at 10pm.
- Special Events: Panini's can host a wide range of events, from rehearsal dinners, wedding receptions, holiday parties, retirement, going away or anything else. We have the largest seating capacity in downtown, and can tailor a menu to fit most any budget.
A word from Panini's Cafe
Located in the historic Beaufort Bank building, Panini's Cafe blends the best of Italian & Mediterranean cuisine with Southern comfort, "Where the Old Country meets the Low Country". Featuring pasta's, local seafood, brick oven pizza, panini sandwiches, soups, starters & entrees, Chef Paul uses the freshest local ingredients and seafood to provide unique and delicious daily features in addition to our regular menu. Enjoy your meal in hour cozy dining rooms, or on our patio overlooking the Beaufort River and Chambers Waterfront Park.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panini's Cafe reviews from OpenTable diners
- Disappointing group dinnerLarryDined on 10/25/2013We had a large group (11) including local residents and international guests. The food was adequate, although the pizza was not nearly as good as we'd remembered it from past visits. The server was attentive until she took our orders, but we had to flag her down to ask for refills of water and other service. I expected that with the size group we had it might take a while to get served, but we really didn't have much in the way of service. Another server helped to serve our plates, but had no idea what went where. All in all, not what I'd been expecting.Special Features:
- Panini'sFlavorguyDined on 10/24/2013Had a large group for dinner and while we did not think it started out well due to a lack of notice from the hostess the evening did turn out well. Our server was attentive and good. The food was good. Everyone had a good time.Special Features:
- Stopped for lunch while travelingJerseyGirl08730Dined on 8/18/2013Stopped for lunch while traveling between Hilton Head and Charleston. Great menu and location. A new destination for us! Can't wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the stopluv2trvlDined on 8/13/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our experience there overlooking the water, boats. Lovely setting and delicious food. It was hot, but with the breeze, large glass of brewed iced tea, salads, scenery, excellent service, we would return. Thank you!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant on the MainccliVIPDined on 1/27/2013This restaurant on the Main Street in Beaufort has great paninis, a wonderful waterfront/park patio, and great service. Sunday mornings there is a Bloody Mary bar that is well stocked and fun! We ordered paninis, both of which were unique and delicious. Jon, the manager, and Hayley, our server, were caring, helpful, and fun. If it's a nice day.......the patio is a wonderful place to relax and enjoy a casual meal.Special Features:
- Avoid. Many other great placesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/19/2012Avoid. Many other great places in Beaufort to try.Special Features:
- I've been to Panini's beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/22/2012I've been to Panini's before and had a good experience. This time, there was only one server for the entire restaurant and we weren't allowed to sit upstairs or outside. Our table was in the corner by the front door even though there were only two other tables occupied. The food did not come out as ordered and was not up to par with previous visits.
- Extremely disappointing!!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/1/2012Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed with the entire experience. The server took a very long time to take our drink order, could not find the "one" wine list, and did not tell us the specials for the evening. The server was inattentive to our table and probably others as she stood at the bar with her arms draped over a young man sitting there. My salad was missing the dressing and my husband's was also missing the olive pesto, but the server wouldn't have known that since she never came back to check. Our food was okay- but not up the usual standards. The restaurant was very noisy which was surprising since there have been recent renovations. We will not eat here again or recommend to friends.
- Fantastic food across allOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/29/2012Fantastic food across all dishes. The Surf and Turf was fantastic, along with the bacon-wrapped shrimp.Special Features:
- The hostess had to clear aOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/21/2012The hostess had to clear a table for the couple in front of us to sit before she even acknowledged that we were there. It took over 5 minutes. Once she got to us, the same thing, she had to clear a table. We had been through two drinks before our food was served. I ordered the special (Mahi) because the special is usually the best thing. Couldn't even eat it. It was SO over-cooked. Just awful. My husband had the crab cakes; they were huge. Just huge. Usually, this would be a good thing, except they were really intolerable. A serving of rice/risotto that must have been two cups. We didn't finish anything. Won't go back.
- Good times in BeaufortOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/5/2012Loved this place. My wife and I got married at Fripp Island and found Panini's while taking a walk through downtown Beaufort. We had a large group with us and made a last minute reservation. The hostess and rest of the staff were great and accommodated us and any needs that we had. Before we sat, we spent some time at the bar and had a few drinks. They have a small selection of beer, but I was pleasantly surprised by 2 or 3 of their draft selections. I love microbrews and they had 3 beers that I had never had. I have a sneaking suspicion that the bartender was the owner...but I could be wrong. He was very knowledgeable and even told us the history of the actual bar. Apparently it was a handmade german bar from 1787!!!Special Features:
- We frequent the restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We frequent the restaurant quite often and this time found the food not quite to par - the bacon shrimp were overcooked and the ceasar salad was just kinda blaw. The crab soup and the pizza were good however. Friendly service person!Special Features: