Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
101 Parker Rd.
Tuckerton, NJ 08087Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paninibay.com/
- Phone: 6092944281x
- Hours of Operation:
Open Thursday-Sunday for lunch & dinner
Thur & Sunday 11:30am-8pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ivar Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering options are available for any occasion. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
Waterfront upscale casual Italian dining. Featuring fresh local seafood and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tuckerton ›
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
88 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (82)neighborhood gem (54)fit for foodies (37)special occasion (36)great for lunch (34)romantic (24)good for groups (23)great for outdoor dining (10)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (6)great for brunch (5)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Exceeding expectationsGudDininDined on 10/10/2014We're not from the area and this restaurant was recommended by a couple of local gentleman that I had played golf with earlier in the week. We were extremely pleased with the food, the service, and the beautiful view of the bay. Our on-line request for a window table next to the bay was accommodated with no problem. We would and in-fact, already have recommended this restaurant to friends who live nearby. Our waitress, "Jules", was very good and not only at the service but also has a love for the restaurant's fare herself. Word of mouth is the best advertising and it seems that Panini Bay has that going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jimjimandkathieDined on 10/2/2014Good as always-loved Panini night on Thursday/ Great view of Atlantic City and Barnegat Bay.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerAnniversaryDined on 9/27/2014We arrived for our anniversary dinner a few minutes early, we were greeted quickly and politely by the hostess. We were seated within a few minutes. Our waitress was attentive and friendly. The room itself was pretty with a lovely view of the bay. We shared our appetizer of mussels, which were basic mussels marinara, they were good but not great. For dinner I had the halibut and crabmeat special which was fishy and dry, with very little crabmeat. It was on the expensive side...$30...not at all worth it. My groom had the ribeye steak which was so fatty he could barely eat it... Needless to say we left hungry and had our real dinner down the street at the Tuckerton Grill...oh well you win some and you lose some.
- Great dining!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/27/2014Love the food, great menu choices and service is excellent! Very noisy so it becomes difficult to carry on a conversation.Special Features:
- Rpc327Dined on 9/26/2014Good food great views friendly service. A little loud. But over all a good dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingLocalgalDined on 9/21/2014The dish I ordered was very short on shrimp and far too long on pasta. It was billed as "Shrimp Rotini" but the shrimp were nearly non-existent.Special Features:
- Panini BayOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014We absolutely love dining at this restaurant. Everything is always perfect!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Grandpa's DinnerDocandProfDined on 9/20/2014First let me say- the food here was very good. In a different situation ( dinner out with a group of friends) we might have had a great time. It was a very busy night, which is a tribute too the restaurant. But it has Grandpa's birthday, and the noise level was difficult, as he was unable to hear anything we talked about. His hearing aids made it worse. As a result we really just ate and left.Special Features:
- AudiTravelersDined on 9/13/2014Even on a cloudy evening the view was amazing. The food and service were also just as good. Will definitely go back on a clear night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/12/2014Wonderful lunch at a very scenic spot! Right on the water and excellent dockage for boat we cruised over in.Special Features:
- Felt Rushedjzp53VIPDined on 9/6/2014We had a great table with a lovely view but it was very humid out and the windows were open which made for a very uncomfortable temperature. The restaurant was crowded and it got very warm, very quickly. They tried the air conditioning but it never got cold. On days like that, they should not have the windows open. The food was great but our service was very rushed. We were barely finished with our appetizers and our entrees came. When I dine out, I like to enjoy the experience and truly hate being rushed. Other than that, I would recommend the food and the location as on a nice night, I would imagine the sunsets are gorgeous.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The ViewJerseyansVIPDined on 9/6/2014The restaurant has a magnificent view of the bay. You can even see Atlantic City in the distance. Food was very good, especially the pork chop, and service was excellent!Special Features:
- Excellent Dining ExperienceSeaRay240DriverDined on 8/31/2014Always a great place to go by boat whether for lunch or dinner. I love this place. The clams and hot sausage over linguini is the best dish in the house in my opinion. The fried artichoke appetizer is wonderful, light and tasty. Calamari is very good. Any of the fish or pasta dishes are excellent. I had braised beef raviolis and they were incredible! We have gone there almost every weekend. Make a reservation well in advance because the word is out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Food and View are an Equal DrawSuzegalVIPDined on 8/30/2014I love the food here, but it is equally tempting to have lunch here in any season for the view. There is an elevator if you need it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a View!Traveling1VIPDined on 8/28/2014What a view and the food is wonderful! This restaurant has a magnificent view of the bay and a direct view of the AC skyline! Th lunch selections were so unique that it was difficult to make a choice. We were very happy with our choices~have to return many more times to taste them all! What a great find!!Special Features:
- best summer findluv2trynewdiscoveriesDined on 8/28/2014as a local(Galloway) first experience for me. Lunch with friends, great food ,relaxed dining and loved the view. Lovely waitress.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant; terrible tableSuzanneDined on 8/24/2014Food was terrific as was the service. My beef is over the size of the table. Got my requested table on the porch, but it was a table for 2 set for a table for 4. From a diner's perspective, it was too cozy for comfort and in the middle of the room. Probably would be OK at lunch but too much stuff on the table at dinner. Be forewarned when making a dinner reservation: it's a popular restaurant so be sure to ask for a table big enough to comfortably accommodate your party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!sageDined on 8/23/2014We usually do lunch here. Our first time doing dinner with current owner. Overall excellent. Good crowd, all food was delish. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the view divine. Our waitress made a few recommendations that were excellent. My only negative was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendhungrymanDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great views. Try the specials, many good choices. Highly recommend to those who want the feel of the Jersey shore without the crowded beaches to look at. For those going to an early dinner before the sun sets I recommend sitting in the outer dining area where there are shades to block the sun in the western view. For some reason they do not have shades on the windows in the inner dining area and patrons at several tables are blinded by the sun making it a bit uncomfortable to eat and carry on a conversation. It can be a bit noisy if you have large groups shouting the length of long tables. The restaurant is raised up on pilings but they have an elevator for those finding the stairs a bit much. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My wife and I went on a Wednesday night, in season. The food was good, not great. Lots of pasta dishes on the menu. The staff was friendly, but inexperienced. Had to ask more than once for lemon for our water and an ice bucket for our wine. The view over the bay was great with Atlantic City lit up at night as a backdrop. Most tables were occupied and the noise level was very loud. We've been there twice before but probably not again. Prices were actually pretty good. The night cost us $85 for a shared app, two entrees, and a shared dessert. That price included tip and tax.Special Features:
- Usually good....butecho2510Dined on 8/12/2014Eaten here about 20 times through two owners. Food is always very good. Last visit was a bit disappointing. Long wait for order as two large groups seem to take up the servers time. One appetizer never showed and by the time we got the attention of anyone, my friends were finished eating. Entrees were well prepared, but my wife's special didn't arrive as advertised and a little over done. I will return, as they offer nice quality in the area without a long trip to LBI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CaroleDined on 8/11/2014Food is terrific! Service excellent. Beautiful view. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/10/14kathieDined on 8/10/20148 people for family reunion. Shrimp and Grits a big hit-all pasta dishes wonderful. Good service -consistent. Great view.Special Features:
- Tasty local treatSkedaddleDined on 8/9/2014Nice restaurant, I haven't been there since Sandy but went this weekend. The food was definitely worth a visit, I asked the waitress for her favorites and we wound up with the clans and Italian sausage and the Tilapia for my wife. Both were very nice. Deserts were uninspiring, we skipped. Many other reviews complained about the noise, I will say it wasn't that bad at peak time on a Saturday night. I noticed sound traps on the ceiling. The view was great at sunset and there was a nice natural airflow through the dining room. Perfect Jersey Shore night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbieGDined on 8/9/2014Restaurant redone since superstorm sandy Very attractive Good view Nice menuSpecial Features:
- Paninni BayswfinanceDined on 8/8/2014Solid dinner great views but a little loud, Waitress was very attentive when she found out that she had our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the bayluv2eatDined on 8/3/2014After reading many reviews about the Shrimp and Grits, my mouth was watering all day and I was very pleased that it was on the specials that night and it was as good as everyone said....Another excellent meal...Special Features:
- Great Food LoudFoodFunDined on 8/2/2014Been going here since before Sandy. Tucked away in Tuckerton typically attracting only locals as many don't know it is there. The food is consistently great. The lobster and clams over linguine is a dish not to be missed. It is loud. When the restaurant was rebuilt after Sandy everything was done with hard surfaces. It looks great but the sound just bounces around everywhere. One of those places, you wish noone else every discovered.Special Features:
- Nice place, great foodcct208Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, probably the best linguini and clams I ever had. The noise level can he a little high but food is so good I kind of ignore that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the areaRedsDined on 8/2/2014Great spot, BYO, phenomenal view of the bay, and accessible by boat. The food is delicious, but a few more seafood dishes are needed (especially with Parsons down the street). It can be loud or very loud with a few large tables seated for dinner. A tip for those who arrive by land: park in the empty lot across the street. Parking in front of the building turns into a dangerous game of Tetris when the restaurant is busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and great ambienceBJF613Dined on 7/31/2014Good, sometimes great food with great ambience this post Sandy remodeled water front restaurant is well worth a visit.Special Features:
- disappointedbeachyDined on 7/29/2014The location & decor was quite nice. The appetizer of fig bruschetta was very good. But the clams in white sauce over linquine was tasteless. Needed more garlic at the very least. The sauce tasted like the water the macaroni was cooked in with some butter & the clams were few & very small. The halibut was overcooked.Special Features:
- Food was fabulousDianeVIPDined on 7/27/2014As usual the food was wonderful the service was way off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was solid overallJeffSDined on 7/25/2014Started off like I remembered at prior visits 2 summers ago with poor service. No water no bread and waitress coming over for our order. I decided to tell her about it and from that point service was perfect. Restaurant is crazy loud. Grilled Peach salad was too peppery but the staple salads. Meatball and sausage. Calamari were good. Halibut entree and vegetable was very good. Veal Milanese was over romaine which was odd but taste was pretty good. So overall good but not extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Good food but very noisy. Hard to hear the person sitting across the table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 71921kathieDined on 7/19/2014Great as always, a bit noisy, had the special " Shrimp and Grits with Corn"- Better than "down home"-- Keep up the good work-dining area a bit noisy but from a larger table-al in all as usual a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Tuckertown Gem!LBIfoodieDined on 7/13/2014The lovely view of Barnegat Bay sets the mood for a most enjoyable dinner. Food was excellently prepared. The Pollo Milanese was the best I have ever had! Will most definitely come again and will recommend to friends. Only downside was the noise level, but that was because people were enjoying themselves! Recommend going on line for a reservation.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnier at Pannini BaymaureencDined on 7/12/2014Been wanting to try Pannini Bay and made reservations as last time I called I couldn't get in. It was outstanding in everyway. Great people, great service, great view, awesome food. We left after 9:00 and people were still lining up to go in. As I walked out people were asking what did you get they were so excited about the food. Great place!Special Features:
- Panini Bay Waterfront Dining!SeaRay240DriverDined on 7/11/2014Panini Bay is back from the ruins of Sandy and is better than ever. The artichoke appetizer is wonderful. The Bolagnese is to die for. Clams and hot sausage you must try! Every thing on the menu is delicious. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful. Now that the building has been raised up, the view of the water is even better! Go by boat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.