Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
101 Parker Rd.
Tuckerton, NJ 08087Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.paninibay.com/
- Phone: 6092944281x
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 Days for lunch & dinner
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Ivar Johnson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: BYO Liquor, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Takeout, Wheelchair Access
- Catering: Catering options are available for any occasion. Please contact the restaurant directly.
A word from Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant
Waterfront upscale casual Italian dining. Featuring fresh local seafood and produce.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Tuckerton ›
Panini Bay Waterfront Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
101 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelEnergetic
scenic view (93)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (46)great for lunch (40)fit for foodies (37)romantic (35)good for groups (27)great for outdoor dining (8)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)hot spot (4)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Great restaurant; terrible tableSuzanneDined on 8/24/2014Food was terrific as was the service. My beef is over the size of the table. Got my requested table on the porch, but it was a table for 2 set for a table for 4. From a diner's perspective, it was too cozy for comfort and in the middle of the room. Probably would be OK at lunch but too much stuff on the table at dinner. Be forewarned when making a dinner reservation: it's a popular restaurant so be sure to ask for a table big enough to comfortably accommodate your party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always Awesome!sageDined on 8/23/2014We usually do lunch here. Our first time doing dinner with current owner. Overall excellent. Good crowd, all food was delish. Great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 8/23/2014The food was delicious and the view divine. Our waitress made a few recommendations that were excellent. My only negative was the noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly RecommendhungrymanDined on 8/22/2014Great food and great views. Try the specials, many good choices. Highly recommend to those who want the feel of the Jersey shore without the crowded beaches to look at. For those going to an early dinner before the sun sets I recommend sitting in the outer dining area where there are shades to block the sun in the western view. For some reason they do not have shades on the windows in the inner dining area and patrons at several tables are blinded by the sun making it a bit uncomfortable to eat and carry on a conversation. It can be a bit noisy if you have large groups shouting the length of long tables. The restaurant is raised up on pilings but they have an elevator for those finding the stairs a bit much. Will go there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/21/2014My wife and I went on a Wednesday night, in season. The food was good, not great. Lots of pasta dishes on the menu. The staff was friendly, but inexperienced. Had to ask more than once for lemon for our water and an ice bucket for our wine. The view over the bay was great with Atlantic City lit up at night as a backdrop. Most tables were occupied and the noise level was very loud. We've been there twice before but probably not again. Prices were actually pretty good. The night cost us $85 for a shared app, two entrees, and a shared dessert. That price included tip and tax.Special Features:
- Usually good....butecho2510Dined on 8/12/2014Eaten here about 20 times through two owners. Food is always very good. Last visit was a bit disappointing. Long wait for order as two large groups seem to take up the servers time. One appetizer never showed and by the time we got the attention of anyone, my friends were finished eating. Entrees were well prepared, but my wife's special didn't arrive as advertised and a little over done. I will return, as they offer nice quality in the area without a long trip to LBI.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!CaroleDined on 8/11/2014Food is terrific! Service excellent. Beautiful view. Definitely going again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 8/10/14kathieDined on 8/10/20148 people for family reunion. Shrimp and Grits a big hit-all pasta dishes wonderful. Good service -consistent. Great view.Special Features:
- Tasty local treatSkedaddleDined on 8/9/2014Nice restaurant, I haven't been there since Sandy but went this weekend. The food was definitely worth a visit, I asked the waitress for her favorites and we wound up with the clans and Italian sausage and the Tilapia for my wife. Both were very nice. Deserts were uninspiring, we skipped. Many other reviews complained about the noise, I will say it wasn't that bad at peak time on a Saturday night. I noticed sound traps on the ceiling. The view was great at sunset and there was a nice natural airflow through the dining room. Perfect Jersey Shore night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RobbieGDined on 8/9/2014Restaurant redone since superstorm sandy Very attractive Good view Nice menuSpecial Features:
- Paninni BayswfinanceDined on 8/8/2014Solid dinner great views but a little loud, Waitress was very attentive when she found out that she had our tableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the bayluv2eatDined on 8/3/2014After reading many reviews about the Shrimp and Grits, my mouth was watering all day and I was very pleased that it was on the specials that night and it was as good as everyone said....Another excellent meal...Special Features:
- Great Food LoudFoodFunDined on 8/2/2014Been going here since before Sandy. Tucked away in Tuckerton typically attracting only locals as many don't know it is there. The food is consistently great. The lobster and clams over linguine is a dish not to be missed. It is loud. When the restaurant was rebuilt after Sandy everything was done with hard surfaces. It looks great but the sound just bounces around everywhere. One of those places, you wish noone else every discovered.Special Features:
- Nice place, great foodcct208Dined on 8/2/2014Great food, probably the best linguini and clams I ever had. The noise level can he a little high but food is so good I kind of ignore that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice addition to the areaRedsDined on 8/2/2014Great spot, BYO, phenomenal view of the bay, and accessible by boat. The food is delicious, but a few more seafood dishes are needed (especially with Parsons down the street). It can be loud or very loud with a few large tables seated for dinner. A tip for those who arrive by land: park in the empty lot across the street. Parking in front of the building turns into a dangerous game of Tetris when the restaurant is busySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food and great ambienceBJF613Dined on 7/31/2014Good, sometimes great food with great ambience this post Sandy remodeled water front restaurant is well worth a visit.Special Features:
- disappointedbeachyDined on 7/29/2014The location & decor was quite nice. The appetizer of fig bruschetta was very good. But the clams in white sauce over linquine was tasteless. Needed more garlic at the very least. The sauce tasted like the water the macaroni was cooked in with some butter & the clams were few & very small. The halibut was overcooked.Special Features:
- Food was fabulousDianeVIPDined on 7/27/2014As usual the food was wonderful the service was way off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Experience was solid overallJeffSDined on 7/25/2014Started off like I remembered at prior visits 2 summers ago with poor service. No water no bread and waitress coming over for our order. I decided to tell her about it and from that point service was perfect. Restaurant is crazy loud. Grilled Peach salad was too peppery but the staple salads. Meatball and sausage. Calamari were good. Halibut entree and vegetable was very good. Veal Milanese was over romaine which was odd but taste was pretty good. So overall good but not extra special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/19/2014Good food but very noisy. Hard to hear the person sitting across the table...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 71921kathieDined on 7/19/2014Great as always, a bit noisy, had the special " Shrimp and Grits with Corn"- Better than "down home"-- Keep up the good work-dining area a bit noisy but from a larger table-al in all as usual a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- Tuckertown Gem!LBIfoodieDined on 7/13/2014The lovely view of Barnegat Bay sets the mood for a most enjoyable dinner. Food was excellently prepared. The Pollo Milanese was the best I have ever had! Will most definitely come again and will recommend to friends. Only downside was the noise level, but that was because people were enjoying themselves! Recommend going on line for a reservation.Special Features:
- Perfect dinnier at Pannini BaymaureencDined on 7/12/2014Been wanting to try Pannini Bay and made reservations as last time I called I couldn't get in. It was outstanding in everyway. Great people, great service, great view, awesome food. We left after 9:00 and people were still lining up to go in. As I walked out people were asking what did you get they were so excited about the food. Great place!Special Features:
- Panini Bay Waterfront Dining!SeaRay240DriverDined on 7/11/2014Panini Bay is back from the ruins of Sandy and is better than ever. The artichoke appetizer is wonderful. The Bolagnese is to die for. Clams and hot sausage you must try! Every thing on the menu is delicious. The staff is courteous, friendly and helpful. Now that the building has been raised up, the view of the water is even better! Go by boat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/11/2014Great food overall. Pleasant waitress. Food service actually too Quick,no time between courses,even though we told server that we weren't in a hurry. VERY Loud when full. BUT We'll still go back(off season)Special Features:
- Very Enjoyable1210VIPDined on 7/11/2014Our previous visit here left us cold from a service aspect. However there were noticeable changes this time and we were very pleased with everything. The food is always excellent and the service now seems to have caught up. On this trip, the pork chop was just about the best, I have ever had! Looking forward to our next visit.Special Features:
- Good food but portion sizes smallGzgirlDined on 7/9/2014food was fresh, service was good, great views. Only two complaints...though small, the restaurant has poor acoustics. the dining room was quite loud. two of my dining companions got very hearty portions for their entrees. A third companion got a smallish portion of eggplant parm. I fared the worst- I ordered the Mahdi Mahdi special. It was excellent but for 23plus dollars I expected more than a four ounce serving and a couple pieces of broccoli. Delicious but disappointing.Special Features:
- great food with a bay viewPirateDined on 7/4/2014we had items from the special menu and regular menu/ the appitizers were muscels in a great tangy sauce and fried articokes with lemon, both were great. Dinner for 4 all loved and tried something different. Coffee and cappichino to end, no room for desert although there were very tempting choices. We love this place and its a bring your own so we get our favorites to drink.Special Features:
- LuvtoeatDined on 7/4/2014Outstanding view! Food was great! service a little slow due to staff short handed. All in All a great time. Will definately be back!Special Features:
- Visit By Land or By SeaSuzegalVIPDined on 7/2/2014Food is wonderful with innovative combinations. The view of Tuckerton Bay is a highlight. Elevator is a challenge but workable. Can use steps. BYOB.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mermaids2Dined on 6/29/2014We have enjoyed Panini Bay on several occasions, but we were a bit disappointed with our visit on 6/29/14. While service staff were very attentive, we waited well over an hour for our dinner to be served. When it arrived, our food was not as hot (temperature wise) as it should have been.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice bayside restaurantJojo1010Dined on 6/28/2014Enjoyed the food and the views. A little noisy, but I liked it because we are a little chatty ourselves. Would definitely go backSpecial Features:
- I'll be back!KazeyDaizeyVIPDined on 6/27/2014Tucked away, along the bay, in Tuckerton. The service was friendly and attentive. The building, renovated after Sandy, is small, but modern. Large sliding windows allowed the evening breeze in and the view of the sun glistening on the water was lovely. The food is exquisite. The presentation beautiful. Totally enjoyed our meal and the experience. And since it is a BYOB, it is very affordable. We will be back!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing paninisnjwandererVIPDined on 6/26/2014This restaurant advertises Thursdays as Panini Night. When we were seated at our table, we were given the regular menu and had to ask for the Panini menu - this is the second time this has happened. When my panini came, it was not as described. It had no mustard on it and turkey instead of ham. It was awhile before our server came back to check if everything was ok, she immediately recognized the problem and took the sandwich back to the kitchen. She then brought me some of their home-made chips to munch while I was waiting for my sandwich. When our bill came, the waitress informed us that my panini had been taken off the bill. I said that was not necessary, but she insisted. Lesson here for me - stay with the regular menu!Special Features:
- Wondeful LunchCandMForLunchDined on 6/26/2014Got the Pulled Pork and Reuben sandwiches. Very Yummy and would return again. The view was fantastic. Ony slight negative were the stale potato chips. Nice job!Special Features:
- DisappointedronaldDined on 6/21/2014We were greeted by the hostess with an attitude! This restaurant has a deck area with views of the bay. We had requested a table of six in that area. What we got was a table for four next to the kitchen and where patrons were waiting to be seated. We were being stared at through out dinner. We requested to be changed to tables that were vacant in a better location and were rudely denied. However the food was good and our waitress was excellent. They need to get rid of the hostess.
- LuvtoeatDined on 6/21/2014Outstanding bay views!! Beautiful sunset! Great dinner! Overall a wonderful dining experience! We are frequent diners and are always happy with our visit. Keep up the good work!Special Features:
- Back and better than ever!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014I'm happy to report that Panini Bay is back and better than ever! My wife and I went for our 32nd wedding anniversary on 6/20/14 and had a wonderful time. The new views are breathtaking and the food was flawless!
- Wonderful as always!MaureenDined on 6/18/2014Enjoyed our 25th Anniversary dinner at Panini Bay. Never dissappointed. Went back again the next night, as Scott wanted another Ribeye! ~Mo & Scott from Scott's Bait & Tackle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful views and great foodPatti0252Dined on 6/15/2014This is our favorite place to eat "down the shore". It's off the beaten track and it's location is what makes this restaurant so special! The food is good...though the prices seemed to have gone up a bit. The bolgnase sauce is delicious! Worth the cost! The clams frm Parsons Fish market are delicious and fresh..my husband had the clams and sausage over red pasta...very yummy And a very generous portion! The salads were very small and not that exciting...though if they have the fried artichoke appy DON'T MISS IT! Extraordinary! Better then the ones we had in Rome! Request searing "on the porch" . If you are a boater you can ride your boat over and dock it outside the restaurant. Nice also that it's a BYOB.Special Features: