Panevino Ristorante - Livingston
637 West Mount Pleasant Ave
Livingston, NJ 07039Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino Ristorante - Livingston
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panevinonj.com/
- Phone: 9735356160x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm Friday - Saturday: 11:30am - 11:00pm Sunday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Pizzeria
- Executive Chef: Anthony Guglielmelli
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Panevino Ristorante - Livingston
Panevino is a casual Italian Ristorante that serves authentic Neapolitan pizza and classic pasta dishes in a festive ambiance. Panevino is know for its warm hospitality and beautiful outdoor patio and has been a local favorite for over 20 years. Make a reservation today to enjoy one of our superb Sangrias, cocktails, specialty coffees and outstanding desserts!Continued
And be sure to ask about our Catering selections for your next Birthday Party or Special Event.
And be sure to ask about our Catering selections for your next Birthday Party or Special Event.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
Panevino Ristorante - Livingston - Best Restaurants in Livingston ›
Panevino Ristorante - Livingston reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (21)great for lunch (20)neighborhood gem (18)fit for foodies (16)kid-friendly (15)good for groups (12)great for brunch (9)special occasion (7)romantic (6)scenic view (3)vibrant bar scene (2)hot spot (2)late-night find (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- FishVIPDined on 9/17/2014Excellent food in a great atmosphere. Eat outside if available . Excellent bread and special iced tea.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PerfectLoveGoodFoodDined on 9/6/2014We have been fans of Panevino for more than 20 years and our latest visit did not disappoint. Fried Calamari is always excellent (this is coming from a family that orders it EVERYWHERE because of our youngest son). Clams were really good too. We had five different dinners at the table and all were excellent. The oreganata fish special (this time branzino) was fantastic. I think we've tried all the pasta dishes on the menu --- all interesting, all good. And you can't leave without having their orange iced tea. Save room for dessert! Our hostess and server were wonderful. Thank you for a lovely evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st time + kids + manager from UKFoodieMomDined on 8/28/2014My first visit had a number of criteria. The location worked for our situation. The nearby bridge construction was a challenge for one of us. The parking lot has ample spacing and was sufficiently lit. The house bread served with olive oil and fresh cracked pepper for dipping was offered. My children were comfortably welcomed and enjoyed their pizza. My manager, who travels extensively, enjoyed her meal, the ravioli of the day and chocolate panna cota. I also had the ravioli, which was very fresh, tasty, and filling. The tiramisu was light, fresh, and delicious. The generous portion was easily shared. We all enjoyed the sweetened orange iced tea, which were refilled in a timely way without request.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panevino, Livingston, NJjhotteDined on 8/19/2014We experienced eating outside in Panevino's lush summer garden. It was truly a good lunch dining experience. We all felt were in a Mediterrean village rest. dining garden, maybe Positano or Sorrento, Italy. Had shrimp, avocado citrus salad and fresh fruit with dipping sauces. Both were delightful.Special Features:
- Great place great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/12/2014I hadn't been to Morris County in7 years since I had moved out of state. When I came back to visit I was able to pull together a large group of friends and family to one location...Panevino's. I remembered it well from my years in NJ and my guests loved it! Well recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FishVIPDined on 8/4/2014Wonderful fresh lunch sitting outside under the umbrellas . A real treat .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch experienceSunshineDined on 8/3/2014The food was excellent. The people were friendly. Our waitress, Jasmine, had a great personality, knowledgeable about the menu, and was a great server! I would recommend this place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not greatelynchkingVIPDined on 8/2/2014I've passed this restaurant so many times without stopping but have been curious due to the ownership together with a few NYC restaurants that I know. What a disappointment. This place has the atmosphere of a cafeteria and the food isn't much better. Won't be back.
- A StandbyjanetbVIPDined on 7/31/2014Always good for an Italian meal; very noisy inside, much calmer outside (in nice weather)Special Features:
- it is a neighborhood gem!2happycustomersDined on 7/23/2014we had a lovely dinner, restaurant was clean, quiet, service and food were excellent. Cost was moderate $ 100 for two, with a glass of wine each.Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 7/12/2014Excellent food as usual and excellent service . Great for outside dining on a Saturday night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/7/2014Better than average food. Unpretentious ambiance but chic. Very reasonable pricing.Special Features:
- The following 63 reviews are from the Panevino Ristorante - Livingston reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/25/2014great food, perfect portions for lunch, will be back soonSpecial Features:
- Panevino- relaxing findTobesDined on 6/20/2014When thinking about Panevino about why I would go there is to sit and relax in their very nice outdoor seating area and have a beer or wine with a salad, pizza, or other light food. With my most recent experience there the final bill was high relative to what we ordered and the food we received including the service. We even went so far as to calculate and deduct the bar bill to answer the question "what did we eat and what was so expensive"? An order of fish for $30 came with only a small potatoe side. As I right and think more about it the various foods we ordered arrived too fast. My wife ordered only 2 appetizers for dinner and we neglected to advise our server the proper order of delivery of each. Should she have asked.Special Features:
- Just Really GoodjuilliardDined on 6/14/2014Always good food. Ambiance is great. Selection is wonderful as you can get a light meal , salad, or a full course dinner. Prices are reasonable. love it there!Special Features:
- Great foodELauDined on 6/10/2014First timer at the restaurant being new to the neighborhood. Food was excellent and right portion sizes. Dishes were not over seasoned which my family loved. Size of dishes were just right even though I was really hungry walking into the restaurant. I look forwRd to bring family and friends again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasurensfmdDined on 6/8/2014We eat here regularly and always have a good time. We started soon after we moved to the area 14 years ago. We particularly like the salmon on top of one of their dinner salads, but the pasta and wood-oven pizza are also great.Special Features:
- FishVIPDined on 6/2/2014Great food and the outside seating is worth the tripSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The bestmelitatdVIPDined on 5/11/2014Panevino is a regular stop for us. The staff is friendly and efficient. The food is consistently good. The ambiance is airy and comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingAnnaNDined on 5/11/2014The food is always consistently delicious italian food. The outdoor dining area is a must. I absolutely love this place and recommend highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationsdevilsfanDined on 4/29/2014Great place for the girls to gather for birthday celebrations..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lynne's winslyn812Dined on 4/20/2014Our experience was very pleasant especially since we were hosting a dear friend. An attentive wait person only added to the overall feeling that we were important and deserving . The food was delicious and presented in a pleasing way. We were seated in the "porch" section of the restaurant, which also added to our most enjoyable experience. A definite recommendation is in order!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sort of Dissapointed....FredVIPDined on 4/19/2014Before moving out of the Livingston area 15 years ago, I held Panevino in high esteem; a real go to place for a great meal. We travelled to Livingston over the Easter Weekend and chose Panevino for a dinner for four. The Margarita Pizza with Arugula was excellent as an appetizer along with the eggplant appetizer. However, the dinner course of Chicken in Marsala sauce left me disappointed, the chicken seemed prepared separate from the sauce; no integration and was just so-so. The Black Pasta with rather small shrimp was good. The wine list was very limited. I wish the experience was better ... for old-time sake.
- Gem on Rt. 10!DatenitedinersVIPDined on 4/18/2014We've passed Panevino at least a 1,000x and never considered it until Friday night when we chose it to meet out of town visitors for a late dinner because it was convenient. The reviews were good but I had no idea the food would be so delicious! Everything is fresh and flavorful even after "peak" serving hours. We've added it to our "go to" spots and look forward to our next meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always goodnsfmdDined on 3/30/2014We have been going here for almost 14 years. The food and service is consistently very good to excellent. We were mildly disappointed that they were out of salmon this visit which is about the only time I can remember that happening. I was happy with the dinner salad that I usually get with the salmon and my wife tried the branzino that was great. Look at the menu, if you like the description, I expect you'll like the it there.Special Features:
- Authentic Italian GemNewtojerseyDined on 3/29/2014My husband and I went there for our anniversary. The staff was pite and professional. The food was wonderful and the atmosphere was nice. It is kid friendly, but not overly loud. Looking forward to returning when the outdoor patio is open.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and servicenealetrDined on 3/22/2014We really like this restaurant. It is great for lunch or dinner. Food s fresh and really good. Friendly And responsive service. My only complaint is that it is very loud when it is crowded.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food! We love it,Michelea973VIPDined on 3/14/2014Delicious food! We love it, it is our regular go to place. The only complaint is it can get SUPER noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent food, overpriced and noisyJasonVIPDined on 3/9/2014This is a local casual italian restuarant that thinks they are in Manhattan. Charging $30 for a piece of cod, and $18 for ravioli is crazy. It is noisy and there are kids screeming and crying all over the place. Unless you have money to burn avoid this very over priced place.Special Features:
- A new spotDine2nightDined on 3/8/2014This was the first time at panevino's and only went there because my wife won a gift certificate. We will definitely be back. What a great place. Food was fantastic and the server was knowledgable and friendly. Would recommend it to all my friendsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ItalianphibblesDined on 3/7/2014We love Panevino for an upscale, affordable family meal. Pastas are great. Wood oven pizzas delicious. Seldom do we ever encounter a bad dish or meal. Don't forget to get a glass of the orange iced tea too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great local flavorDaydayDined on 2/22/2014This place is delicious! Excellent taste and great ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's Day DinnerReallyDined on 2/14/2014The chef had prepared a special fixed price menu for Valentine's Day. Everyone at our table said their meals were great, simply delicious. The service was great from the moment we walked in the door and throughout dinner. We all had a great time.Special Features:
- Good stopDining101VIPDined on 2/8/2014Nice menu from Pizza to nicely prepared fish dinners . Salad and appetizers were nice size portions . Wine list needs moe variety .Special Features:
- Pantastic!!iamcgDined on 2/4/2014Great variety, reasonably priced and group friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth a second tripjazzyjoyceDined on 1/30/2014I met 3 of my friends for dinner on a week night. The menu was nothing special. One of us had an entree and the others had dinner salads. My dinner salad had 4 tiny grilled shrimp for $19.99. The entree was just ok, again nothing special. it arrived in a baking dish, no garnish, no presentation at all. I really hate when I order shrimp and i can barely see them on the plate. i would not recommend or return. There are too many Italian restaurants in the neighborhood that are better.
- Great local Italian restaurantELDFDined on 1/24/2014Although it is part of the chain of Patina Group Restaurants, Panevino definitely has a local feel. The service was excellent. Our waiter, whose name escapes me but he looks like Mario Lopez, was great. Friendly, prompt, attentive, he made all of us feel welcome and we look forward to returning!Special Features:
- Good all aroundSvenDined on 1/18/2014Took an old friend for dinner. Everyone enjoyed their meal. Restaurant staff is nice. Three birthday celebrations added to the noise factor.
- Very good diningOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 1/15/2014Had an after-work dinner with a friend. Every aspect of the meal was enjoyable, with friendly service. The tiramusu was so light and delicious! Will return again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-socolleenDined on 12/31/2013I should have known when they had open tables for New Year's Eve that dinner would be disappointing. There was nothing festive for New Year's Eve and the dinner was bland at best. Chicken milanese turned out to be a over cooked breaded chicken breast that was dry topped with some dry lettuce leaves. I could have cooked something better myself and I am not a good cook!