Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: (610) 376-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (23)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Highly RecommendPamellaDined on 11/15/2014We had a group of twelve and they put us in a beautiful private room with a glass wall looking out over the restaurant. Our server was funny and friendly. The food is excellant and the martini's are awesome! If you have a large group be sure to ask for that room. I highly recommend this restaurant and will definately return.Special Features:
- RestaurantmavenDined on 11/2/2014We always enjoy eating at Panevino. The food is consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pandagirlpennsylvania2014Pandagirlpennsylvania2014Dined on 10/28/2014Everything was great! We plan on going back for our girl's dinner night out. The food was so good!!!!!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014The service started out great. Our waitress checked on us frequently. Once our food was served to us, the service went down hill fast. When we were finished eating - we sat for at least 20 minutes waiting. Desert was ordered and delivered with no spoons. (Is a fork okay?) We said yes afraid we would have to wait too long for a spoon. We had to find the waitress to pay our bill. We witnessed a party of two leave the restaurant because they waited too long to place an order.
- great food, great servicefoodyreviewDined on 10/19/2014Our first visitcwas for a long overdue date night to celebrate or anniversary. This was the only area restaurant open on a Sunday. Menu is varied (pizza to pasta to steak and seafood) and everything we tried was amazing. They bring a pita type bread with their own hummus which I ate with s fork - it was sooo good. Then the most amazing rosemary focaccia bread. We will surely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Foodluv2dineDined on 10/19/2014The food was excellent! Service was great, will definitely be going back soon. The 3 course dinner for 20.00 is a great deal!!Special Features:
- love itNewfavespotDined on 10/18/2014food, atmosphere, service great energy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 3rd VisitcinjoDined on 10/18/2014The only complaint (very minor) is the wait staff is "unpolished". Too nice and pricey to be referred to as "guys" and "I'll get that stuff out of the way". This was not only one, but every server that approached our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014The menu selection is the best in the area! The prices are more than reasonable and the food is best in class! I would HIGHLY recommend Panevino for that special night out as well as a place to go when you just don't feel like cooking tonight. Dave is a great chef and the atomsphere is warm and exciting. Thanks to Dave and his staff for our wonderful time Friday night (also happened to have an option last Friday night of a Lobster dinner special - that was a pleasant surprise!). We WILL be back!Special Features:
- SstarrDined on 10/12/2014As usual we had a wonderful dinner. We chose from the price fix menu, many selections to choose from. I had the salmon, and the portion was more than I could eat, so I had a great lunch the next day. The crème brulee was fresh and delightful. My husband had the veal parmesan and was surprised about the portion size, he is a big eater and was very happy.Special Features:
- Outstanding dinner!BVIBumDined on 10/11/2014My wife and I went for the first time for our Anniversary. We both loved the food and Atmosphere. My wife had a Shrimp stuffed with Crab and I had a seafood pasta dish. Outstanding!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cinjoDined on 10/8/2014Best Dover Sole ever. And we've had it all over the world.Special Features:
- Gem of a TimedanaDined on 10/5/2014Food was great and service was excellent as we had to catch a show. Three course menu provided excellent choices. The salmon with mustard sauce was terrific.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible experienceeaglesfanDined on 10/5/2014One of the worst dining experiences ever. We waited 45 minutes until we had a server come to our table and that was after we complained. It was at least an hour before we were served our drinks. Another 15 minutes before we had soup and salad delivered. Soup was cold. Entrees arrived one hour and 45 minutes after we arrived at the restaurant. Restaurant is very poorly managed, and the food was just average. Tables around us were complaining about the service also, and no one seemed to care. Would not recommend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/4/2014Salad was terrible. Hardly any dressing on a Caesar salad. Just lettuce. Meal was average. Service was good. My husband and I had different menus which made no sense.
- Panevino'sVdinerDined on 10/4/2014My friend and I enjoyed the three-course meal. It was quite a bargain for $19.99. The food was delicious and the portions were quite large. The service was excellent.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/27/2014The food was very good. I was pleased they offered a pre fixe menu on a Saturday, especially since this was my first time eating there. I will definitely go back and explore other items on the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday Night SpecialBerksCoupleDined on 9/21/2014Hard to find a restaurant open on Sunday. This place was open and active. The menu suited all, the food was aesthetically pleasing and equally good tasting. The ambiance was nice, lighting was perfect, and the service was A level. I would highly recommend this establishment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not our first visit.BondDined on 9/20/2014This was not our first visit to Panevino. We know that Dave will always surprise us with his special culinary talents. I would recommend Panevino to anyone who likes fine dining in a restaurant with character, quiet ambiance, a great wait staff, and delicious foods.Special Features:
- foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Food was sub par. Had trenette. It was not trenette, pasta was mushy and resembled Angel hair rather than trenette pasta.Special Features:
- Great place!su11Dined on 9/19/2014My in-laws took me here for my birthday dinner and we were not dissapointed! The food and service was great. We all did a 3 course dinner and there were so many options to choose from, and it was only $20 per person! Eggplant parmasean was amazing and the veal Parmesan was great! Definitely worth heading into the city for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- flies and wrong tableErikDined on 9/5/2014Food was good wine was good. But their were aa about 10 gnats after us at the table all night they were flying around the wine they also did not give me the table they said they were going to give meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had great food and service as usual.The parking is convenient next to the restaurant. It would like to go to a movie afterwards its right across the street. They also have a dinner and movie option.Special Features:
- A great place to dine out.draftgearDined on 8/29/2014The food was prepared from scratch. The servers were very help full and always were ready to answer any questions that you might have. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!MattUDined on 8/27/2014Great Service and Amazing food for our 9 person Birthday dinner Thursday Night!Delicious Italian cuisine and extensive wine list with full bar. They even had sports games on in the bar area. The server was very personable and made our birthday guest feel welcomed. A great location in ReadingSpecial Features:
- Not bad...JulesDined on 8/23/2014Four of us dining on a Sat. Night. Heard good things about the restaurant , so decided to give it a try. Only ok....was a bit dissappointed in the service, and the food was average. I was so hoping I found a new great place to go. It's probably a give it one more try type of experience, not sure I will. The restaurant itself is very nice, and a nice addition to that area in Reading. Parking was easy, and the area is very patrolled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stutzstutzDined on 8/13/2014It was a great experience. Food and service were excellant. We had the $19.95 specials which allowed us to get an excellent bottle of wine. The crab and clam soup was superb, as well as the veal parmesan entree that my friend had. My entree was excellent - the past with broccoli rabe. The berry crisp dessert was just enough to top off our meal without overeating. And the bread was also delicious with the seasonings that they used. Highly recommentSpecial Features:
- Lobster nightluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014The place was packed with lobster lovers and with all the people there, the food just could not come out of the kitchen quickly enough. Our lobsters did not taste as tho they had just come out of the pot but guess that would be difficult to accomplish with the number of people there that evening. We will happily return for their usual great food but never again for lobster night. Their 3 course $19.95 menu can not be beat as well as their Italian specialties.Special Features:
- Nice placeBrianDDined on 8/8/2014Picked this place to try. The Friday night we went they had their lobster dinner special, which was very good. The wine was excellent. Our waiter we had wasn't the best. He never refilled our water glasses. And after finishing our wine, didn't ask if we wanted another drink. I wasn't sure if he was new as he seemed a little flustered. We had sat on the bar side, which was very noisy when we first got there. After 8:30 or so, it died down and was nice and quiet for our date night dinner. We will def go later if we go back to avoid that.Special Features:
- A Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have eaten there numerous times and have never been disappointed with anything we have had there. There were 4 people in our party (we invited another couple who had never been there before) and on the way home we made plans for our next dinner there. The atmosphere is great for conversation, the service is exceptional and the food is just perfect, i.e. flavor, heat, and portion size. We will be returning many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 667 reviews are from the Panevino - Reading reviews archive.
- Love it!cabjsb22Dined on 7/25/2014Our meal was delicious, as always. This is our favorite place for adults only. We get something different everytime and have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 19winethirtyDined on 7/24/2014Love how they accommodated our large party in a private room. We had family here visiting from GA and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bjg904Dined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious, service superb; an EXCELLENT experience! This is going to be one of my regular date night dinner stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm & FriendlyBillyBDined on 7/18/2014Went for Lobster night and 3 of us had great lobster dinner. Clams,corn on cob,potato, large lobster, clam chowder, and topped off with super cheesecake. Couldn't have been better. Perfect spot with free indoor parking and attentive staff. Always enjoy our visit in our favorite restaurant. They also have the $19.95 menu with over 20 entrees so it is really affordable for most diners. Can't beat this place anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014I must say I was expectig more based on the reviews I read. Our meals were good but not great. The seafood with pasta that I ate did not seem very fresh. I was there on a Tuesday so maybe it was leftover from the weekend. Even though it was not crowded, the service was average at best. Our waiter got "lost" for large amounts of time. Plus, he brought us our check without asking if we needed anything else. That is a major pet peeve of mine and no no in my books. Plus, It took forever to get our initial drinks. Matter of fact, we had our salad before the drinks came. The atmosphere was nice. I guess I was just underwhelmed because of the buildup I was given by my friends. IBut, will go back and give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSharonDined on 6/28/2014I asked for a quiet table and we were seated in a great little private area at a generous table for 4. It was so nice and quiet, the service was great, and we especially enjoyed, the calamari, the grilled pork tenderloin, berry crisp and warm chocolate brioche bread pudding. A great value if you get the soup or salad, entree and dessert for $19.95. If in the area again, we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Panevino reviewsgdineDined on 6/27/2014Great selection of food on their 3 course for 19.95 menuSpecial Features:
- LittlecaarsDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant even though the service was off on this visit. When asked for water, the waiter only brought one . When asked for ground pepper the waiter only served me. We have been to this restaurant several times so it was just an off day.Special Features:
- JennDined on 6/21/2014We love this place, great food for great prices. Very accomodating staff and very strong drinks :) Wine selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticAlexDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food, nice authentic Italian. Love the hummus (great flavor, a little spicy). Great deal with the 3 course meal for $20. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.