Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: (610) 376-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (23)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- Excellent ExperoenceTonyDined on 3/22/2014Everything was excellent in terms of food, price, service, and atmosphere. But, we were too close to a large group and were seated at a booth along the wall. This wouldn't keep me from going back but I think I would ask for a table next time. All in all, a very pleasant dining experience.Special Features:
- ALWAYS A PLEASUREOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/22/2014We have been to Panevino several times, and have never been dissapointed. We introduced another couple to the spot, and they put an endorsement on Facebook for their friends to try. this amazing gem in Reading.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a wonderful meal. TheBartDined on 3/22/2014We had a wonderful meal. The food was of high quality and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Good valueOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/27/2014Service was fast and friendly. My only complaint was we were placed in a high traffic area and there were many tables availableSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - great valuektownDined on 2/23/2014This was our first visit to Panevino. We were pleased with everything - the restaurant had a very urban modern feel- the staff was very knowledgeable and attentive and the food was all good. We all chose the 3 course dinners for $19.95 - which is an incredible value. The cream of onion soup was the best of the soups. The best entree was the crab cakes, but it is hard to say since all the meals were very good. The desserts were great- the tiramsu was very luscious- light and delicious. The chocolate bread budding with bananas foster was also very good. Overall- we had a wonderful meal - and want to go back very soon. Even the parking was very convenient - the parking garage is the top part of the building. I would recommend for sure.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Service was awful. TheKateBerksDined on 2/22/2014The Service was awful. The waiter was rude but what made it worse was he did not seem to know he was. They need to train their staff in customer service. The food was great, but the bad service overshadowed it's quality.Special Features:
- disappointmentgoodfoodDined on 2/22/2014This was my fifth visit to Panevino. The service was very slow. I told the waiter we had to be out by a certain time and was told that wasn't a problem. It took 20 minutes for my glass of wine to arrive and we left the restaurant 15 minutes behind schedule. I was told in order to get the entree that I wanted, I had to order the three-course fixed price option on the menu. I enjoyed the salad and the pizza, though it was dry. I ordered dessert to go because of our time restraint. It was disappointing to discover our dessert wasn't in our take-out bag, especially since I didn't want the dessert in the first place, but had to order from that menu. I am happy to see a local business busy, but there is room for improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy occasionSatisfedDined on 2/22/2014Many go to Panevino Reading before the RSO concerts, so they got us out in time. Service is usually flawless slthough we got a newer person last night! But it was OK. Food is always terrific and it is one of our favorites. $19.95 special was very nice, did not include ALL dishes but has a lot of choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful meal with friendsEnjoyinglife1Dined on 2/18/2014We had a fantastic time getting together at Panevino-- the food was excellent, the service attentive but not obvious, and our surroundings there were perfect for our group of women friends to laugh and talk and appreciate our food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place to CelebrateOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/15/2014My sister and I always treat each other for our birthday. This year for her birthday we went to Panovino. When we got to the door she sais "oh, bread and wine", she is a Spanish teacher!! The service was nice and the food great. Will go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayPhilDined on 2/14/2014Not too surprised that the restaurant was very busy as it was Valentine's Day. The atmosphere was noisy and the place was jumpin'. This was our first visit to Panevino. Friends suggested thier pasta but the "fixed price" menu had not paeta entree although there was a ravioli appetiser. My wife had the veal medalions: good presentation, nice flavor profile but they were a little tough. I had the Seafood Risotto: good presentation, sumptuous portion size, excellent balance of seafood to rice and an outstanding flavor. Price with a cocktail and glass of wine was about $130 total with tip. We'll be back for "date night" again, later this year.Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/14/2014Had a very nice dinner for Valentine's Day. The food was excellent and the service was very good. They gave every couple a red rose, which was a nice touch. The menu was limited (which is typical for Valentine's Day) but everything was tasty. My husband really enjoyed the filet which was done perfectly. Looking forward to going back and trying the regular menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJen13Dined on 2/14/2014The food was Amazing!! I will definitely go back! Service was friendly. We sat in the "sunflower" area. Didn't like sitting so close to kitchen but nevertheless a great experience! I did feel like the area was removed and not as loud as I thought it would be. I couldn't stop talking about the delicious food to friends, even posted pics of meal on FB lol. Lobster Ravoli and tilapia with tomatoes lemon and garlic! Yum!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Accomodating requestscinjoDined on 2/14/2014We reserved for Valentine's Day on January 1 and requested a quiet, secluded table. We dined early (5PM) and when we arrived there were tables open everywhere. Plenty could be considered "private", but we were put right out in the middle of a room, close to the kitchen entrance and next to the bar. This same owner failed with another restaurant because he and his partner catered to anybody with and MD or Esq after their name while ignoring everyone else. We dine out nearly every night choosing locally owned over chains and visited enough to at least serve a "Hello, thanks for coming again" but it was not to be. Think twice.
- Favorite Chef in Berks County..JeaneneDined on 2/8/2014I didn't realize Chef Brennan was at Panevino's when I made my reservations for a Saturday evening. As my friend and I were chatting I saw Chef and was very excited!! He has the talent of making all foods light, distinct and delicious! The wait staff was courteous, prompt and well groomed. I love the decor and will definitely turn and inform friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChicFiscoDined on 2/1/2014Chic place, elegant, quiet, great food, variety of dinner choices, service is great and prices are reasonable. Perfect for a get together or a date or to impress. I will recommend this place and it will be from now on my place for special occasionsSpecial Features:
- Good food, poor serviceBobbyVIPDined on 2/1/2014This is a tough one, in that we support Mr. Brennan's sincere hard work. We had dinner at Panevino last night. We were placed at a table near the door and it was freezing there; impossible to sit there. The staff nicely moved us but to a busy, narrow aisle next to a wall. My wife spent the next hour ducking to prevent being decapitated by the wait and bus staff rushing by with large platters. Come on, man. A young waiter delivered a bowl of pasta fagiol soup with nothing but broth (obviously skimmed off the top and was returned) and the floor manager who placed our check on the table before our dessert came out. Mr. Brennan has a small group of excellent staff, and a large amount of unpolished staff that needs serious remediation.
- could have been.....mr1612Dined on 2/1/2014My group spent almost $300 plus tip. Table of 6 at 6:45pm on a Saturday night. We waited 25 minutes for our drink..was told they were very busy because of a show across the street....seemed understaffed. Then the order for food "Didnt go through" and we needed to reorder after giving our order 10 minutes after we had given it the first time. Food was awesome and well priced, but the bar kills the customer with $12 and $13 drinks of B&B and some other liquers and dont apologize for the pricing. The price for one drink is almost the cost of 1/2 bottle at state store! That is not right!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK...Matt84Dined on 2/1/2014Food was good, but took a long time between being seated, getting a menu, ordering, and receiving our food. Water was a slightly rare commodity. Restaurant seemed understaffed. Not a favorite of ours.Special Features:
- First timerJustus206Dined on 1/25/2014Not being from the area I chose an Open Table option and was definitely pleased! Food and service was awesome, Table side service and presentation of the Sole was a special and enjoyable treat. A little louder than I wished for but not overly obnoxious. Next time I'll request a table away from the bar. Yes, I'm already planning a return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointed on this occasionpenelopeVIPDined on 1/24/2014I have eaten here many times and always begin with the fabulous calamari...and they were fabulous! However—the sweetbread entree was a huge disappointment. The portion was so meager—three or four tiny morsels. In contract, my friend had a huge portion of lump crab with both spinach and rice sides. So...you might ask for portion size and match it to your appetite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2014Always excellent service, wine and food. Free garage parking adjacent to the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good, Service wasRichDined on 1/18/2014Food was good, Service was excellent Our favorite restaurant in ReadingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar Service So SoMjg712Dined on 1/17/2014Decided to sit at bar because we only had 90 minutes to get in and out. Bad idea. Bartender's priority is to take care of the wait staffs needs opposed to the customers eating at the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellant Italian food!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/17/2014Great food at incredible prices. Reading is very lucky to have thus restaurant. The only suggestion would be to offer a table either very clues too there's or separate. The rabble we were at was basically with another party of two. It felt like Europe but with all Americans, I prefer more intimate seating while I dine with my wife alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightheyitsamberDined on 1/12/2014My husband and I were looking for a place to have a nice dinner on a Sunday evening. This restaurant was one on the few places open, so we decided to give it a try. The food was great and the server was very friendly. I had the chicken saltimbocca and my husband had the veil parmesan. We also enjoyed the buffalo mozzarella appetizer...yum! The only thing that I really didn't enjoy about the experience was that we were seated in the bar section of the restaurant. It was a little cold and uninviting while the dining room felt more romantic and warm. (And it was almost empty..?) We weren't sure why we were seated in the bar section? Other than that, I would definitely go back. The special fall menu also made it more affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I looked at menu online, foundAndyDined on 1/11/2014I looked at menu online, found what I wanted, and made the reservations. The actual menu used by restaurant was different from the online menu. WHY? The items I wanted. like the Grilled Veal Chop were not available. The food was good, but not what I wanted. Disappointing.
- I will returnOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/11/2014I am from Florida, and I travel to Berks County for a luncheon every 3 monrhs with former class mates in the Pottstown area. I stay with a niece and her husband in Brownsville(Wormelsdorf area) and I make it a point to dine in your establishment. What excellent food, service, and clientel I come in contact with. The servers, waiters,hostess are subperb. Thanks for a great time and of course the meal. The chef is great, hope to meet him some day. Thanks again for your hospitality Fran Almomd. Cocoa FloridaSpecial Features:
- Great DinnerGuestDined on 1/11/2014The food was awesome and the setting was perfect. The food came out quick and we got exactly what we ordered. Would recommend this place to anyone looking for a quality meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful stopBondDined on 1/10/2014The food and atmosphere are great. It's a nice place to take a date or your wife for that romantic evening. They are very accommodating and the service is top notch. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, nice restaurantChrisDined on 12/31/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our NYE dinner. The seating and reservation process was disorganized at check in but the rest of our dining experience was very good despite the limited menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's Eve NightmareOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013I booked a reservation for two for 7:30. When I got to the restaurant it was jammed to the front door. People were pushing and shoving to get to the host to give their name. There were two hosts that were confused and overwhelmed. They admitted they overbooked reservations. I became irate and demanded to be sat immediately. The host explained that reservations for 7:00 had not been sat. I demanded to be sat and my reservation be honored. The host sat me and my party. We sat for 15 minutes and were never acknowledged by a server. A couple at another table had the same experience and got up and left. We decided to do the same thing. Ibwill never go to Panevino again.
- Not happy at allTrinityDined on 12/31/2013New Year's Eve dinner was a disaster! Too many things went wrong to list in this space. Long story short - we waited over 1 hour just to be seated, the hostess has no personality, people were standing around in coats jamming the front desk, the male bartender was rude, the food was mediocre. How does an Italian resturant not have pasta on the menu besides Risotto and Tortellini??? Our waiter was the only positive and we tipped him generously. We asked for a manager and the girl just laughed and walked away! We will never step foot in your restaurant again.
- I have dined at PanevinosOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/29/2013I have dined at Panevinos twice and both times the food, service, etc. was EXCELLENT.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not going back anytime soonOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/29/2013Disappointed with our experience. We ordered the 3 courses for 19.95. First two courses came out fine but we waited 35 minutes for dessert. Two other tables nearby had the same issue. All tables had asked for the check and paid prior to seeing a dessert dish. For a restaurant that is across the street to a movie theatre, I would have thought it would try to be more prompt so people don't miss their movie. I asked to speak with a manager and he came over but barely said anything besides "I'll check on that". The food was fine, nothing spectacular. Our waiter never asked how our dishes were and I had to wait 10 minutes after getting my pasta to get some fresh Parmesan cheese. We won't be going back.
- family holiday dinnerJAWPSUDined on 12/28/2013Had a great meal. Only negative was that we were kind of stuck at a table in the back corner of the bar. Food was excellent, as usual. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a hit with our familyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2013Whenever our family is going into Reading for a concert or show, one of us usually suggests Panevino as the first choice for where to go for dinner. We also like to hold our family celebration meals at Panevino. Great food. Great wine list. Great special dinner events. Whether just a couple, with our son, with the extended family, or with friends, we've never been disappointed at Panevino.Special Features:
- Although it was very busy,OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/21/2013Although it was very busy, I expected to have a long wait considering the time of the year etc.but we were served in a reasonable amount of time and I was impressed how organized everthing was and the quality of the food and service. Panevino is our favorite place to go in the Reading area.Liked the fact that I could book online and pick our table.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food very good. Service onSMccDined on 12/21/2013Food very good. Service on a decline. This was our second recent experience with poor service. Hopefully it gets corrected soon.Special Features:
- Tony Bennett MealmommacatDined on 12/21/2013Went to Panevino for dinner before seeing Tony Bennett. Was seated promptly but it took awhile for our waiter to take our drink order and then another member of the wait staff came to take our meal order. Had to ask for the basket of complimentary bread that I saw other tables had. All together we had 3 different wait staff taking care of us. Very slow service. Food was OK.