Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: (610) 376-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (23)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- CarrollVIPDined on 6/21/2014What a surprise to have fresh berries on my creme brule!Special Features:
- HAPPYout2eatDined on 6/20/2014All seven members of our party were very happy with their dining experience. Portions were substantial. food was good, drinks a bargain. Arugula, pear and Gorgonzola salad is my all time favorite.Special Features:
- Birthday partyPAFoodieDined on 6/17/2014We organized a small family birthday party at the last minute and everything was very nice. I had been in the Wine Cellar once and was able to reserve that room. Very private but spacious for our party of nine. Could have easily fit more. I would use it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceHungryhippoDined on 6/15/2014Good food. Poor service. Although the place was far from full waitress seemed distracted and disappeared often. Never checked on drinks. Waited forever between meal and dessert and then again waited and waited and waited for check. Sad as food is good but I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Server Lost & ConfusedHungryDined on 6/15/2014The food was well portioned and very good. However, the service, after getting a nice quiet room for my mother's 70th birthday celebration as requested, went downhill. Chardonnay wines by the glass - told only house wine by the glass, later found large list of wines by the glass. Asked about mashed potatoes substitute for listed veg., waiter forgot to ask the kitchen, asked for the red, finger potatoes - meal arrived and had neither on the plate. Prime rib reqstd. medium-well, came out very pink and bloody - sent back for cooking. Several of us were nearly done with Prime Rib when waiter brought out steak knives. I'm sure there is more I forgot. Suffice it to say - Not A Good Service Experience.
- Not What I Expect From Open TablearttechgirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014If all restaurants were like this that participated on Open Table, Open Table would go out of business- fast. The service was average, the food was terrible, and the restaurant was outdated and dirty. They have no business serving fois gras here, they don't know what they are doing.
- SurpriseWendyMDined on 6/13/2014Great evening! Only bad thing was it was a surprise birthday dinner and the hostess ruined the surprise prior to be seated. The rest of our party was already seated and when she asked our name she asked how many. I tried to answer her quietly and she then repeated the number, loud enough for him to hear and then stated, "the rest of your party is already seated". My husband thought it was just he and I, until then. I was so disappointed. One our friends told the hostess that it was a surprise and to just bring us back, she didn't. Other than that it was a great dining experience. Our server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place ..butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The service was very good..the waiter was helpful. We were just not thrilled with our 2 pasta dishes..over cooked. I might go back and try a non-pasta dish to see if it's any better.
- GREAT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014THIS WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE IN FINE DINING. I TOOK MY WIFE THERE FOR OUR 7th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND SHE LOVED IT. IS NOW HER FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN THE AREA. FOOD IS AWESOME!!!!! RECOMMEND PEOPLE TRY PANEVINOS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014We've enjoyed a number of dinners at your restaurant and enjoy our time immensely, never feel rushed, and even when it's busy, it's not that noisy or distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panevino - Stacks Up High StandardsRichCDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great pre-show dinner at one our favorite downtown Reading restaurants where the food and service were again excellent. A menu full of very creative Italian-based cuisine always makes choosing difficult, although we have yet to make a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EMT379Dined on 5/31/2014Met frends at Panevino. Loved their $19.95 3 course option. 25 entrees to choose from! We will be back!
- CarrollVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious. We enjoyed being able to watch the baseball game while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soZOZODined on 5/28/2014Been to Panevino many times since it originally opened as we live locally; in the last year the food has become undependable; some in group have delicious, fabulous dinners, and others have mediocre ones. $19.95 special still a nice option. Some very reliable staff have left and this has led to poor communications when trying to call to make a dinner reservation which led me to make one via OpenTable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome specialsCBtravelerDined on 5/24/2014We have been to Panavino's several times and really enjoy the specials, app, entre and dessert for a very reasonable price! We will be back for more!!Special Features:
- Our favorite placecabjsb22Dined on 5/23/2014We go to Panevino for every special event that comes up, as well as other times. We have brought others with and they have echoed it as much as us. The food is wonderful. The service is great. And, the price is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and lukewarmsharayDined on 5/17/2014The seafood risotto was one of the best things I ever ate. Unfortunately the same could not be said of the veal parm that my husband ordered. The breading was doughy and it lacked flavor. Spinach salads were delicious. Service was good.
- ExperienceKristy55Dined on 5/11/2014Food was amazing, waitress was very nice, let us enjoy the evening never felt rushed. My favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- mothers day funBennyHDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful experience. The service was wonderful but the food was even better. The 19.95 menu is a great ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good; food disappointingShellyDined on 5/10/2014I thought I would try the restaurant again because I had dinner when it first opened up, and I was not impressed. I am sorry to say that I will not rereturn or recommend to anyone. My family went there to celebrate Mother's Day early on Saturday. The staff and atmosphere was nice, but the main meal was disgusting. My husband and I order the seafood risotto, which was recommended by the waitress. The entree had a horrible distinct flavor. I am not sure if it was the spices, and the piece of lobster in the entree was rubbery, which means it was probably undercooked plus the rice was mushy. My son also did not care for his entree which is very unusual because my son never complains about food unless he dislikes it.
- Wonderful time.kimjotonytDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful time and our waitress was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulfoodlovinDined on 5/6/2014I've been to Panevino numerous times for many occasions and the staff is always friendly and accommodating and the food never disappoints! They also have great deals for those on a budget!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One and DonelinnieDined on 5/3/2014Appetizer was overcooked. Pasta was dry. Will not be back.
- weluv2dineOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food is always 5-star quality. I love the menu because it offers such a variety of gourmet choices compared to other restaurants. The element of surprise is fun with the free mini appetizer. The salads are scrumptious and again are so different than your average restaurant choices. The main meals are always well prepared and delicious and the desserts are to die for. We just experienced the chocolate bread pudding - absolutely delectable! The service is always pleasant and wonderful. Smiling faces and friendliness from all who serve you. Thank you for a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience+!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014The food was excellent and the service good. Really nice atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uneven, like potholesItadakimasuDined on 4/26/2014We went to Panevino twice because it's close to the Miller Center and because my husband's fruitta di mare pasta was outstanding -- the first time; the second not so much. Vegetarian choices were limited to pizza, and I had hopes for the mushroom, but it was oversalted, drowning in rosemary, and absent the promised truffle oil. We like to sit at the bar, and I'd give this place another try if it weren't for the service. Service was OK if not gracious when there were just a few customers (e.g., do not say "no problem" when I ask for a spoon; it's your job, not a favor). Half an hour later, the one bartender was in the weeds, food was late and people were cranky. Both times we were told they couldn't find another bartender to hire. Nonsense.
- Good but expensiveAlthtnmoreDined on 4/25/2014The staff were excellent and friendly. The food was good, but the prices were very steep. It took a longer time then I would have liked to get my salad and apps. All and all it was a nice romantic place to take your women for a nice meal. Just don't forget to take out a lone first. You'll need it to pay the bill.Special Features:
- Always a treatShopgirlDined on 4/20/2014Have been to Panevinos many times and have never been disappointed. The atmosphere is great, the servers are super friendly and the food is exceptional. I think the 3 course for 19.99 is a great draw too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great girls' night outBestiesNightOutDined on 4/19/2014Had a nice relaxing time with friends. Great fresh food. Love the 19.95 dining special! Warm atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had the $19.95 special AppetizersOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/12/2014Had the $19.95 special Appetizers very good entrees were excellent tasty deserts But server did not get the drink order correct One of our first choices for an entrée was not available and only learned this after about 10 mins after giving our order.Special Features:
- Great FoodOntelauneeKidDined on 4/12/2014Went to Panevino for our anniversary. Menu was very full of choices. Especially enjoyed seeing the value menus offered. Food was very well prepared. Only complaint was our initial contact with wait staff took a little long for our liking.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reading's Best Kept SecretTable42Dined on 4/10/2014What a fabulous experience to be found in the heart of the city! Incredible food and drinks, this restaurant is top notch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, Excellent service!TheproposalDined on 4/9/2014Excellent food and great service. It made for a great night! I highly recommend this place to anybody who is looking for a place with a calm, relaxing and romantic atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The server was pleasant, butjazzfestDined on 4/6/2014The server was pleasant, but seemed overwhelmed and very inefficient. The food was good, but not great. Coffee was lukewarm. There were many empty tables, but the staff seemed frantic and disconnected. On the positive side, we did not feel rushed to leave; enjoyed our drinks, coffee and dessert leisurely. It is a shame, but I would not feel motivated to return with the many other dining choices in Berks County.
- Lost in the shuffleJazzfestPatronDined on 4/5/2014We booked the reservation with expectations of a great dinner before walking across the street to the Miller Center and Keiko Matsui's performance. We were promptly seated just off the bar (which wasn't too noisy all things considered) and soon received attention from a young waiter who took our drink order and filled our water glasses. After the arrival of our drinks another waiter showed up and took our order. Things were moving along at a nice measured pace. Our first course arrived and was delicious. Things went south after our main course arrived. Our waiters vanished for nearly a half hour. A second round of drinks never materialized, and our desserts had to be boxed. Terrible breakdown in service halfway through the meal.
- Madeline Peyroux @ Berks JazzOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/4/2014Had some friends in from NJ to see the show. He is an Italian cook so I was a little nervous. We all had a wonderful time and the food was first class. The service was perfect. Thanks for a fun evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panevinoyasrhs08Dined on 4/4/2014I have gone to Panevino many times and each time has been exceptional. The quality and the service was outstanding. I have not been to a restaurant that can top them yet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terribly slowRedrobinDined on 4/2/2014Service was terribly slow and there were only 2 other tables.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Almost thereVisitingReadingDined on 3/29/2014The food is outstanding but the service is very slow. I went back the next night to see if perhaps the slow service was just a one-time thing and had the same experience. So I kept after them and did make it out in less than 2 hours the second night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- before the showKathyDined on 3/28/2014Great food and good service for those going to the movies or a show at the Miller Center. Make reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.