Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: (610) 376-1101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
58 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (31)good for groups (27)neighborhood gem (26)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)notable wine list (23)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (3)great for lunch (2)Show More
- the food was outstanding andOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/12/2011the food was outstanding and the portion was very generous.Special Features:
- Noise level was initiallyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011Noise level was initially loud because of entertainment Staff quickly addressed.Special Features:
- We had 8 people in our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/10/2011We had 8 people in our party & everyone enjoyed their dinners. We restaurant hop every 6 weeks or so. This is a keeper.Special Features:
- We have been to Panevino aOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011We have been to Panevino a number of time - everything we have had has been awesome, cooked to perfection. A truely remarkable dining experince...Special Features:
- The food was superb and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/10/2011The food was superb and the selection was such that it was difficult to make just one menu choice. The service was good: our server was very attentive to our every need. Would highly recommend it to friends and I will return soon.Special Features:
- A Must TryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/7/2011Service and Food was excellent. An absolute must try. Arugula salad with an edible Parmesan bowl was perfect. Big Wine selection and nothing overpriced. Already have return plans in line.Special Features:
- We enjoyed the food very muchSatisfedDined on 6/5/2011We enjoyed the food very much -- upscale Italian. The menu was very nice, the service was excellent and I love a restaurant where you can hear yourself talk. The tvs were a little distracting where we sat, in the bar section (no one was at the bar). But they have lovely rooms and,something I like, a very nice ladies room.Special Features:
- The service was exceptionalOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011The service was exceptional and as always David provided an excellant meal.Special Features:
- WHAT HAPPENED !!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/4/2011This is the 3rd time we have eaten at Panevino. The first two times were really wonderful. The food was outstanding. What happened the last time I don't know. The food certainly was not up to par. We were very disappointed. Hope this is just a one time bad experience.Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/3/2011I really enjoyed the food, service and environment. I am glad I made a great choice. It was a special occasion for my uncle, who was celebrating his 70 B-day. The waitress was friendly, kind and sweet.Special Features:
- We truly enjoyed the dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/2/2011We truly enjoyed the dinner and can't wait to go back. Service was great and meal was outstanding!
- Great option for city diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/2/2011Our meals were beautifully presented and delicious. Very comfortable and attractive atmosphere. Nice wine list. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- A True Reading Gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011I really enjoyed Panevino! I would definitely go back even though I have to travel to get there. The menu was extensive and everything we had was delicious! The chef was very accommodating to our young children also. The restaurant was beautifully decorated - kind of a contemporary, hip vibe to it all. My next trip will be with a group of friends and I would like to reserve the private wine cellar room.Special Features:
- one of the best Italian restaurantsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011one of the best Italian restaurants I have had the fortune to visit - not only was everything great but for the price it is unbeatableSpecial Features:
- Just ok. Food wasn't bad butOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/1/2011Just ok. Food wasn't bad but nothing rememberable. Drinks took a long time to get refills and the restruant was not near full. Very disappointing.Special Features:
- We were a larger party ofPAFoodieDined on 5/27/2011We were a larger party of 6 and were seated in the Wine Room. It was like a private room just for us! Later, another party came in and the atmosphere was lost, but it was still nice. Nice wine list. I would go again.
- We were at Panevino for theYummyDined on 5/27/2011We were at Panevino for the first time. Although the food and service were good, they were not great. Several comments: It took almost 15 minutes to get our bottle of wine and even longer to get a bread basket. Our appetizer was calamari which was good, but was cooked with jalepino peppers which was NOT noted in the description. I had a seafood rissoto which was crammed full of seafood. . .but was very moist, not the way a rissoto so be. The salad,(a choice of salads comes with the entree) was very good but had way too much dressing. Overall the food was good, but I would not hurry back again. The restaurant did appear to be the "Hot Spot" to be on Friday night because I couldn't believe how many people we knew who were there.Special Features:
- It was the longest meal IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011It was the longest meal I think my wife and I have ever sat through without any interruptions...from the children that is. The restaurant was busy, but the wait staff were mostly attentive and friendly. The dessert was outstanding! Overall - it was a pleasant experience.
- Panevino is a welcome breathOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/27/2011Panevino is a welcome breath of fresh air in the Reading area, which is clogged with chain resturants and their MSG laden, pre-packaged, grease soaked food. Yes, they actually cook at Panevino. Everything I had was fresh, visually appealing, and delicately, but expertly flavored. The wait staff is young, well groomed, and friendly, I waited for nothing. The decor has a relaxed, modern feel, as does the dinner ware. I read some reviews complaining about price. Yes, it is more expensive than Burger King, other than that, are you nuts? I will return again and again if it,(Penevino), continues to perform. I suggest you do so also, if you would like to experience exellent food at a great price. Thanks, Chef Brennan.Special Features:
- Had a memorable evening, greatBillyBDined on 5/26/2011Had a memorable evening, great service, excellent food, great wine. Couldn't have been better. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- There were 8 of us and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/26/2011There were 8 of us and we all said we will defiantely go back!!!
- Service was slow. I suspectOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011Service was slow. I suspect the fault was in the kitchen as our server said there were several large parties. The server could have been more forthcoming with information regarding the delay. I had made a reservation for 6 but was shown to a table for 4. Our reserved table for 6 was not ready.Special Features:
- only open for 3 weeks or so,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/22/2011only open for 3 weeks or so, not bad but there are some things that need to be worked out. service was a bit slow at times. menu was very broad & interesting. pasta wasn't overcooked -- which is a must! dessert (the special of ricotta cheesecake with orange sauce) was good, but still a bit frozen in the middle! prices are not bad. i hope once the restaurant is up & running for a bit that these issues will get resolved. we will certainly return in a month or so and see if these issues are resolved because there were quite a few menu items worth trying.
- One person in our group hadOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2011One person in our group had the lobster ravioli and said it was excellent - the soft shell crabs were very good. The bar was crowded and noisey when we first arrived. The bar staff was friendly and attentive.
- Great new place, and veryOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/21/2011Great new place, and very reasonably priced. Will definitly be backSpecial Features:
- Great Date Night!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011Food was very good,fresh, and made to order including the pasta. The drinks are too pricey especially the wine, but the service was great. Overall, a great date night for me and my wife. We will definitely visit again...Special Features:
- Food was wonderful and theOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/21/2011Food was wonderful and the service was terrific. My only negative was the 45 minute wait for our entree.Special Features:
- Good and should get better...OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/20/2011The entrance and "waiting area" are too small and the hostess needs to be at her front station as much as possible. Several customers, including myself, were confused when we entered. I assume that will get better with time as the staff figures it out. We were seared in a corner at the front of the building and it seemed a little too dark there (especially with the tiny descriptive writing on the drink menu). The wait staff was, for the most part, very good. It did take a long, long time for us to get our entrees, although we were in no rush and enjoying ourselves. The food was very good and the presentation was even better. I think this restaurant will get better and should "make it". I hope more will follow to downtown Reading.Special Features:
- Good but SlowOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011Very trendy, new restaurant. Food was great, wine was great...service was VERY slow. Way too long of a wait (1.5 hours) just for appetizers...then another wait for dinner. Reservations for 7:30pm...finished eating at 11pm. But I would go back...will give them a one-time new restaurant pass on the slow service assuming they are working out those kinks. Friendly staff. It's definitely worth a try...just don't plan on catching a 9pm movie at the IMAX after dinner!Special Features:
- Reservation at 7:30 for 4,OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/20/2011Reservation at 7:30 for 4, seated at 7:30, salads at 9:30, asked for bread at 8:30. Two hour wait for lettuce?? As much as we want to support this restaurant in downtown Reading, it will be hard to return.
- I feel that we were at a tableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011I feel that we were at a table that was forgotten. We were in a corner and felt like an inconvience to the staff. We did notice that the tables were very close to the bar and saw a couple of people complain to the people standing because they kept bumping in to them while they were eating. The food was very good and hot and I did enjoy the ambiance. Staff was pleasant. I think after a couple more weeks it will be a very well running machine with lots of character.Special Features:
- We had a pretty big group,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011We had a pretty big group, and while waiting to be seated it was clear our decision to book our reservation ahead of time was a good one. The place was packed and the mood was festive. Maybe it was the fact that the sun was shining at 7PM for the first time in a week or that the wonderful aromas circulating throughout the dining room were drawing us home to the mother ship. Both were good reasons for me. All 11 of us were quickly seated and treated to delicious appetizers, a complimentary tasting sampler, and our favorite beverages. Just as our main courses arrived a duo of female singers started performing and the night was complete. The food and service was great, and the overall experience was excellent. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- The food and wine list areOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011The food and wine list are superb! Finally, a restaurant in Reading that provides that little extra "something!"Special Features:
- We made reservations for 5:45OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/20/2011We made reservations for 5:45 and they took us right away, which was great. However, our server was not that friendly and forgot to bring something we had asked for. The food was ok. We enjoyed the appetizers more than our entrees. My chicken & spinach wasn't very flavorful and my husband's pasta reminded us a bit of Chef Boyardee. The bread was really good, though. I guess for the price I wasn't very impressed. The atmosphere was decent.
- Exceptional food, attentiveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011Exceptional food, attentive service, wonderful atmosphereSpecial Features:
- We thoroughly enjoyed ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/15/2011We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner at Panevino. The menu was varied and enticing. My husband had the crab cakes and I had veal saltimbocca and both were delicious. We got plenty of food for the price. The desserts did not disappoint either. My husband said it was the best tiramasu he ever had. We were so full we could barely walk, but it was so worth it. Our waitress was friendly, informative and accommodating of our party of eight. We will be back soon to try something new from the menu. Congratulations to Chef David Brennan. He has done it again.Special Features:
- The restaurant is attractivelyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011The restaurant is attractively decorated, and would have scored well for ambiance if not for the loud and intrusive musician that evening. Service was impeccable. The crab and clam chowder and the arugula salad were both excellent. The crab pizza had a generous amount of absolutely huge lumps of crab, but the combination with cooked spinach and fontina cheese was bland. The prosciutto pizza had a wonderful combination of flavors, with figs, goat cheese, and balsamic glaze, but was difficult to eat because the large pieces of fig fell off. The pizza crust itself was not anything special. Having previously enjoyed Chef Brennan's food at Chat-A-While, we will be back, but will choose entrees the next time.
- My wife and I went to PanevinoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/14/2011My wife and I went to Panevino after reading an article in the Reading Eagle newspaper about the restaurant opening and decided to give it a try for our anniversary dinner. We loved it, everything about it, we will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Lovely new addition to downtownOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/13/2011Great little Italian place, convenient to the IMAX and free parking! The salads that come with each entree are TO DIE FOR good. Although the seating is fairly close together, it was easy to have a conversation without overhearing the table next to us. Live music and great desserts added to the overall ambiance.Special Features:
- A Nice Addition to Downtown ReadingGarthfisDined on 5/13/2011My wife and I liked our dining experience at Panevino. It's not a place that I would rave about and tell everyone they must go to, but it was good overall. We did love our arugula salads in a cool and tasty parmesan cheese bowl and I was very happy with my beef carpaccio appetizer. My seafood risotto was a bit on the pasty side, but decent. The portions are generous so we did not have room for dessert. The service was quick and pleasent, the ambiance was relaxed and the free parking is a plus.