Panevino - Reading
25 N 2nd Street
Reading, PA 19601Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Panevino - Reading
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinoreading.com/
- Phone: 6103761101
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Sunday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4:30pm- 9:00pm, Friday, Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: David Brennan
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panevino's "Catering to your tastes" is available for all of your catered needs.
- Private Party Contact: David Brennan 6103761101
A word from Panevino - Reading
Chef David Brennan's newest creation Panevino-featuring rustic regional Italian cuisine. From homemade pastas to grilled Tuscan pizzas and braised lamb shank with polenta. The food is healthy and fresh. Dinner is enhanced by soothing live music Friday's and Saturday's. Enjoy impeccable service for intimate dining accompanied by Berks county's finest wine list featuring over 150 wines from all over the world.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Panevino - Reading - Best Restaurants in Reading ›
Panevino - Reading reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (44)good for groups (32)notable wine list (31)romantic (25)fit for foodies (24)neighborhood gem (24)hot spot (8)late-night find (4)vibrant bar scene (4)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)Show More
- flies and wrong tableErikDined on 9/5/2014Food was good wine was good. But their were aa about 10 gnats after us at the table all night they were flying around the wine they also did not give me the table they said they were going to give meSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/29/2014We had great food and service as usual.The parking is convenient next to the restaurant. It would like to go to a movie afterwards its right across the street. They also have a dinner and movie option.Special Features:
- A great place to dine out.draftgearDined on 8/29/2014The food was prepared from scratch. The servers were very help full and always were ready to answer any questions that you might have. I would recommend this restaurant to my friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Find!MattUDined on 8/27/2014Great Service and Amazing food for our 9 person Birthday dinner Thursday Night!Delicious Italian cuisine and extensive wine list with full bar. They even had sports games on in the bar area. The server was very personable and made our birthday guest feel welcomed. A great location in ReadingSpecial Features:
- Not bad...JulesDined on 8/23/2014Four of us dining on a Sat. Night. Heard good things about the restaurant , so decided to give it a try. Only ok....was a bit dissappointed in the service, and the food was average. I was so hoping I found a new great place to go. It's probably a give it one more try type of experience, not sure I will. The restaurant itself is very nice, and a nice addition to that area in Reading. Parking was easy, and the area is very patrolled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- stutzstutzDined on 8/13/2014It was a great experience. Food and service were excellant. We had the $19.95 specials which allowed us to get an excellent bottle of wine. The crab and clam soup was superb, as well as the veal parmesan entree that my friend had. My entree was excellent - the past with broccoli rabe. The berry crisp dessert was just enough to top off our meal without overeating. And the bread was also delicious with the seasonings that they used. Highly recommentSpecial Features:
- Lobster nightluv2eatDined on 8/8/2014The place was packed with lobster lovers and with all the people there, the food just could not come out of the kitchen quickly enough. Our lobsters did not taste as tho they had just come out of the pot but guess that would be difficult to accomplish with the number of people there that evening. We will happily return for their usual great food but never again for lobster night. Their 3 course $19.95 menu can not be beat as well as their Italian specialties.Special Features:
- Nice placeBrianDDined on 8/8/2014Picked this place to try. The Friday night we went they had their lobster dinner special, which was very good. The wine was excellent. Our waiter we had wasn't the best. He never refilled our water glasses. And after finishing our wine, didn't ask if we wanted another drink. I wasn't sure if he was new as he seemed a little flustered. We had sat on the bar side, which was very noisy when we first got there. After 8:30 or so, it died down and was nice and quiet for our date night dinner. We will def go later if we go back to avoid that.Special Features:
- A Wonderful EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I have eaten there numerous times and have never been disappointed with anything we have had there. There were 4 people in our party (we invited another couple who had never been there before) and on the way home we made plans for our next dinner there. The atmosphere is great for conversation, the service is exceptional and the food is just perfect, i.e. flavor, heat, and portion size. We will be returning many more times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!cabjsb22Dined on 7/25/2014Our meal was delicious, as always. This is our favorite place for adults only. We get something different everytime and have not been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Party of 19winethirtyDined on 7/24/2014Love how they accommodated our large party in a private room. We had family here visiting from GA and we had a great time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bjg904Dined on 7/19/2014Food was delicious, service superb; an EXCELLENT experience! This is going to be one of my regular date night dinner stops.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Warm & FriendlyBillyBDined on 7/18/2014Went for Lobster night and 3 of us had great lobster dinner. Clams,corn on cob,potato, large lobster, clam chowder, and topped off with super cheesecake. Couldn't have been better. Perfect spot with free indoor parking and attentive staff. Always enjoy our visit in our favorite restaurant. They also have the $19.95 menu with over 20 entrees so it is really affordable for most diners. Can't beat this place anywhere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/1/2014I must say I was expectig more based on the reviews I read. Our meals were good but not great. The seafood with pasta that I ate did not seem very fresh. I was there on a Tuesday so maybe it was leftover from the weekend. Even though it was not crowded, the service was average at best. Our waiter got "lost" for large amounts of time. Plus, he brought us our check without asking if we needed anything else. That is a major pet peeve of mine and no no in my books. Plus, It took forever to get our initial drinks. Matter of fact, we had our salad before the drinks came. The atmosphere was nice. I guess I was just underwhelmed because of the buildup I was given by my friends. IBut, will go back and give it another shot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulSharonDined on 6/28/2014I asked for a quiet table and we were seated in a great little private area at a generous table for 4. It was so nice and quiet, the service was great, and we especially enjoyed, the calamari, the grilled pork tenderloin, berry crisp and warm chocolate brioche bread pudding. A great value if you get the soup or salad, entree and dessert for $19.95. If in the area again, we would definitely go back.Special Features:
- Panevino reviewsgdineDined on 6/27/2014Great selection of food on their 3 course for 19.95 menuSpecial Features:
- LittlecaarsDined on 6/21/2014Great restaurant even though the service was off on this visit. When asked for water, the waiter only brought one . When asked for ground pepper the waiter only served me. We have been to this restaurant several times so it was just an off day.Special Features:
- JennDined on 6/21/2014We love this place, great food for great prices. Very accomodating staff and very strong drinks :) Wine selection is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AuthenticAlexDined on 6/21/2014Excellent food, nice authentic Italian. Love the hummus (great flavor, a little spicy). Great deal with the 3 course meal for $20. Would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarrollVIPDined on 6/21/2014What a surprise to have fresh berries on my creme brule!Special Features:
- HAPPYout2eatDined on 6/20/2014All seven members of our party were very happy with their dining experience. Portions were substantial. food was good, drinks a bargain. Arugula, pear and Gorgonzola salad is my all time favorite.Special Features:
- Birthday partyPAFoodieDined on 6/17/2014We organized a small family birthday party at the last minute and everything was very nice. I had been in the Wine Cellar once and was able to reserve that room. Very private but spacious for our party of nine. Could have easily fit more. I would use it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor serviceHungryhippoDined on 6/15/2014Good food. Poor service. Although the place was far from full waitress seemed distracted and disappeared often. Never checked on drinks. Waited forever between meal and dessert and then again waited and waited and waited for check. Sad as food is good but I won't be going back.Special Features:
- Server Lost & ConfusedHungryDined on 6/15/2014The food was well portioned and very good. However, the service, after getting a nice quiet room for my mother's 70th birthday celebration as requested, went downhill. Chardonnay wines by the glass - told only house wine by the glass, later found large list of wines by the glass. Asked about mashed potatoes substitute for listed veg., waiter forgot to ask the kitchen, asked for the red, finger potatoes - meal arrived and had neither on the plate. Prime rib reqstd. medium-well, came out very pink and bloody - sent back for cooking. Several of us were nearly done with Prime Rib when waiter brought out steak knives. I'm sure there is more I forgot. Suffice it to say - Not A Good Service Experience.
- Not What I Expect From Open TablearttechgirlVIPDined on 6/14/2014If all restaurants were like this that participated on Open Table, Open Table would go out of business- fast. The service was average, the food was terrible, and the restaurant was outdated and dirty. They have no business serving fois gras here, they don't know what they are doing.
- SurpriseWendyMDined on 6/13/2014Great evening! Only bad thing was it was a surprise birthday dinner and the hostess ruined the surprise prior to be seated. The rest of our party was already seated and when she asked our name she asked how many. I tried to answer her quietly and she then repeated the number, loud enough for him to hear and then stated, "the rest of your party is already seated". My husband thought it was just he and I, until then. I was so disappointed. One our friends told the hostess that it was a surprise and to just bring us back, she didn't. Other than that it was a great dining experience. Our server was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice place ..butOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014The service was very good..the waiter was helpful. We were just not thrilled with our 2 pasta dishes..over cooked. I might go back and try a non-pasta dish to see if it's any better.
- GREAT FOODOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/7/2014THIS WAS A GREAT EXPERIENCE IN FINE DINING. I TOOK MY WIFE THERE FOR OUR 7th WEDDING ANNIVERSARY AND SHE LOVED IT. IS NOW HER FAVORITE RESTAURANT IN THE AREA. FOOD IS AWESOME!!!!! RECOMMEND PEOPLE TRY PANEVINOS.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/5/2014We've enjoyed a number of dinners at your restaurant and enjoy our time immensely, never feel rushed, and even when it's busy, it's not that noisy or distracting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panevino - Stacks Up High StandardsRichCDined on 6/5/2014My wife and I enjoyed a great pre-show dinner at one our favorite downtown Reading restaurants where the food and service were again excellent. A menu full of very creative Italian-based cuisine always makes choosing difficult, although we have yet to make a bad choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent!EMT379Dined on 5/31/2014Met frends at Panevino. Loved their $19.95 3 course option. 25 entrees to choose from! We will be back!
- CarrollVIPDined on 5/31/2014The food was delicious. We enjoyed being able to watch the baseball game while we ate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just so-soZOZODined on 5/28/2014Been to Panevino many times since it originally opened as we live locally; in the last year the food has become undependable; some in group have delicious, fabulous dinners, and others have mediocre ones. $19.95 special still a nice option. Some very reliable staff have left and this has led to poor communications when trying to call to make a dinner reservation which led me to make one via OpenTable.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome specialsCBtravelerDined on 5/24/2014We have been to Panavino's several times and really enjoy the specials, app, entre and dessert for a very reasonable price! We will be back for more!!Special Features:
- The following 642 reviews are from the Panevino - Reading reviews archive.
- Our favorite placecabjsb22Dined on 5/23/2014We go to Panevino for every special event that comes up, as well as other times. We have brought others with and they have echoed it as much as us. The food is wonderful. The service is great. And, the price is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hot and lukewarmsharayDined on 5/17/2014The seafood risotto was one of the best things I ever ate. Unfortunately the same could not be said of the veal parm that my husband ordered. The breading was doughy and it lacked flavor. Spinach salads were delicious. Service was good.
- ExperienceKristy55Dined on 5/11/2014Food was amazing, waitress was very nice, let us enjoy the evening never felt rushed. My favorite restaurantSpecial Features:
- mothers day funBennyHDined on 5/11/2014Had a wonderful experience. The service was wonderful but the food was even better. The 19.95 menu is a great ideaSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service good; food disappointingShellyDined on 5/10/2014I thought I would try the restaurant again because I had dinner when it first opened up, and I was not impressed. I am sorry to say that I will not rereturn or recommend to anyone. My family went there to celebrate Mother's Day early on Saturday. The staff and atmosphere was nice, but the main meal was disgusting. My husband and I order the seafood risotto, which was recommended by the waitress. The entree had a horrible distinct flavor. I am not sure if it was the spices, and the piece of lobster in the entree was rubbery, which means it was probably undercooked plus the rice was mushy. My son also did not care for his entree which is very unusual because my son never complains about food unless he dislikes it.
- Wonderful time.kimjotonytDined on 5/8/2014Wonderful time and our waitress was very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.