3225 S. MacDill Ave.
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://panerusticabakery.com/
- Phone: 8139028828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 500pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Cresanta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pane Rustica offers an extensive menu to guarantee your satisfaction for any party or event - lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Pane Rustica is the ideal destination for parties and events. We offer detailed planning along with unique food and beverage options that will make your experience truly memorable. Our private rooms can accommodate up to 50 guests for a seated event and approximately 85 guests for a cocktail reception. For those that are adventurous, try our "Shut Up and Eat" catering; tell us the parameters of your function and we will take care of everything else.
A word from Pane Rustica
Pane Rustica is a Zagat-rated restaurant and artisan bakery featuring handcrafted baked goods, savory lunch items and enticing dinners. Lunch customers can choose from hearth-baked pizza, sandwiches and salads in a casual atmosphere. In the evening, the menu and service style elevate to fine dining, serving unique wood-fired entrees, appetizers and small plates. Our wine and drink menu offer delicious choices to pair with our menu items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pane Rustica - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Pane Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
80 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (52)neighborhood gem (50)good for groups (29)vibrant bar scene (29)special occasion (28)hot spot (24)romantic (23)great for lunch (22)notable wine list (15)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (3)Show More
- A bit overrated..but goodShowwalterVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was good, service was ordinary, back room needs art or something on the walls.....Special Features:
- Good food....nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food was good and service was attentive with fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pane Rustica, Go TonightAPopalisDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have been dining at Pane Rustica for four years. That is the amount of time we have been together, including prior to marriage. It is one of the best restaurants I have been to in the country, not to mention Tampa Bay. The flavors for every meal are always very full and beautifully orchestrated. Everything has been very well prepared (chicken, fish, beef, pork and pasta, always perfect). The specials menu is diverse and can be adventuresome. It changes frequently, always providing a surprise. The wine selection is also fantastic. Service has never been less than attentive and caring. Dessert is also great, get the apple tart before it is gone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMeshVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have nothing but good things to say. Service was great, Food was fantastic. We had a great night! It got loud toward the end, but it was a lively Saturday night.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014This was our third visit across the bay to Pane Rustica. Each time has been an absolutely outstanding dining experience. The food was incredible and the service was perfect in every way. We took friends there for dinner and they were very impressed. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!DelishDined on 10/8/2014My boyfriend and I decided on a last minute dinner outside the house. Where else to go, but our neighborhood staple? We can always taste the freshness of the ingredients and the time put into each dish. The service was standout this time around, too. Thanks for taking great care of us, Jared! We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceCanegirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and notable service! Very attentive and pleasant servers.Special Features:
- Top 5 spot in all of TampaJohnnyDined on 9/26/2014Everything was awesome, its really loud but thats how it goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationslovefoodDined on 9/25/2014I had been to Pane Rustica for lunch several times before but never for dinner. Everything was amazing! Small plates were delicious and my scallops were excellent! I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great placeMary27Dined on 9/19/2014We had a Mom's night there and it was an overall GREAT experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Service and Amb??BigcatDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, Danish Blue Cheese Field Greens and Rustica Field Greens salads were very good, Meyer's Short Rib and Fresh Saffron Pappardelle were superb. The wait staff needs more training. After being told we wanted time to enjoy our cocktails, we ordered and salads came immediately, sent them back. Long wait for entrees. Didn't seem to understand that typically wine is served with dinner, not along with the cocktails. Room in which we were seated was fine (in back of the bar) but occupied by 2 of the most spoiled children we've had the misfortune to encounter. Wish management would have said something. Rather surprised this restaurant has a Golden Spoon award, great food but wait staff is not at a high level.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experiencekellychevyDined on 9/12/2014From the moment I walked through the door and was greeted by the hostess staff, I felt taken care of. This restaurant has an unbelievably friendly ambiance and beautiful setup. Every employee in the dining room makes sure that every single patron in every seat is well taken care of. The food was absolutely amazing and I will be sure to return again and again.Special Features:
- OutstandingHeythere4Dined on 9/10/2014I've been to Pane Rustica many times, but not in the past year or so. Was delighted that it's as fabulous as ever. Introduced my good friend to it and we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- DianeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was absolutely delicious and the service was spot onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tampaeatsDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed it. The special snapper/scallops and quinoa salad were exceptional! Fresh, flavorful - really delicious. Service was great - attentive and helpful but not overbearing. Acoustics make it really loud and sometimes hard to hear conversations, but a great vibe.Special Features:
- Beats the chains, hands down!4foodiesDined on 9/6/2014We like good neighborhood restaurants. This one fits the bill perfectly! Excellent Italian food that is creative but not too odd, beautifully presented, and with generous portions. Service is excellent, too, with a great sense of humor. We are from out of town, but head there frequently when we are in South Tampa. As an added bonus, there is a very good wine store next door, as well!Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY TREATGinapDined on 9/5/2014LOVE THESE SPECIAL PLACE. ONE FORGETS HOW GREAT IT IS WHEN NOT FREQUENTED OFTEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!Robert7677VIPDined on 8/30/2014Always a great experience! The food is consistently fantastic!Special Features:
- Food was great but...Jax25Dined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to Pane Rustica for the past few years on special occasions - birthdays, anniversaries. Every time has been a wonderful experience. The food was great, our waiter was attentive throughout the night, making recommendations and timing everything perfectly. The one negative happened right at the end - it was very clear to us that our dinner was over and they wanted us out, despite the fact that it was only 10pm on a Saturday night and our reservation was at 9. We were halfway through a shared dessert when the staff was fully breaking down the restaurant, sweeping on both sides of our table and around other guests who were still there. Make your reservation for early in the night, the food is great and worth it!Special Features:
- richDined on 8/22/2014I had the short rib, and my husband a penne pasta dish. We always trade bites. Both were delicious! Had the summer cake for dessert - WOW!! All the reviews I read were right about the summer cake. It is wonderful!Special Features:
- Lunch or DinnernbrunnerDined on 8/20/2014Pane Rustica has great food! The salmon was amazing and the wine list was sufficient to find something to complement your meal. The restaurant does not have much curb appeal and you would miss it if you did not know it was there, but it is definitely a hidden gem. Great for a work lunch or romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Been wanting to try, disappointedAliceInWonderlandDined on 8/16/2014We had been hearing amazing reviews about Pane, and very very underwhelmed with what we got. Our table was very small and about six inches from the tables on either side of us. We never received our ordered appetizer, and the food was terrible. The chicken was chewy and their bolognese sauce was more of a brown beef stew, like no bolognese sauce I've ever had, or ever wanted to. They overcharged on my husbands dinner as well. Will never be going back.
- Italian done right!LePejDined on 8/14/2014I never order from the menus when I dine out and always ask the servers to surprise me; I have never been disappointed at Pane Rustica. The wine selection is fine, but I wish to see an extended list soon. Keep up the good work of fulfilling my tastebuds desire for delicious meals.Special Features:
- Great food but.....................divingannDined on 8/9/2014Food is wonderful but probably won't go back - not on a weekend anyway. The noise level is ridiculous in the main dining area and the bar area. They have opened another dining area in back which is less noisy but there is absolutely no atmosphere in this room. In fact on the four walls there is not ONE thing - no artwork - nothing I want to enjoy my food without yelling and without feeling that I am sitting in an empty box.Special Features:
- Awesome!AlexsoroDined on 8/1/2014You won't regret eating here! Great food, great atmosphere, great service, very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but staff the kitchenTimothyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I felt like walking past first class on an airline and seated in economy when we went through restaurant and were seated in the back room, a featureless windowless prison cell. Despite it being only half full back there, it seemed like our server was over worked and rarely seen. The worst part--the waiting for food. Granted it was p Saturday night, but here's an idea--plan to be busy. The cheese plate was nothing special and very overpriced at $18. Those are the cons, the pros are enough to make me give it another try in the future. Exceptional food--we had the watermelon salad which was refreshing, though a little bland. The grilled calamari, crab cakes, pork cheeks, scallops, and all the desserts and drinks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!Lynda33629Dined on 7/25/2014Pane Rustica is my go-to spot when we have visitors in town. Food is always excellent, ample parking, good wine, great service. I usually get the scallops (which are to die for) but finally tried the short ribs and they were equally delicious. Great price point and always assured of a terrific dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelicioussimplytpsDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great food. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingBeautifulVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had Two servers but they went missing towards middle of the meal. A couple mess ups on order,food and check . As well long wait times on entrees. Food was good but inconsistent .I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I have been here several times for lnch and feel it is a better lunch spot than dinner. Very loud and dark at night. We were with a group and had difficulty hearing one another. The food was not good enough to make up for the environment.Special Features:
- Great food againJAN1Dined on 7/3/2014Always enjoy the food. Service is good and the extra touch is the bread they give to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite meals in Tampa!TpafoodlvrDined on 6/28/2014I can honestly say this is one of the best meals I've had in Tampa. We had the corn ravioli, mussels and scallops and all were unique, perfectly prepared and absolutely decadent. And the dessert! The espresso cookie sundae was absolutely amazing! Our server, Pate made excellent recommendations and provided superb service throughout the meal. I strongly recommend Pane Rustica and can't wait to go back and try everything else!Special Features:
- Delicious food and bakeryAshleyH329Dined on 6/25/2014I am especially a fan of Pane Rustica for lunch, when you can order off their standard menu or an extensive menu of daily specials. The huge counter of pastries, cupcakes, sweets, and pizza is also a huge draw. I have never had anything I didn't love at Pane Rustica. In the evenings, I love the toned down romantic ambiance. Definitely one of my favorite dining experiences in South Tampa!Special Features:
- The following 292 reviews are from the Pane Rustica reviews archive.
- Consistently Great!FoodieVIPDined on 6/21/2014The food and service at Pane Rustica are always outstanding. We've never had a meal we didn't love. The restaurant is dimly lit and very noisy so it's not ideal for a quiet, romantic evening. Great for almost any other occasion.Special Features:
- Love this placeTampafoodieVIPDined on 6/20/2014We always have great food and great service every time we go to pane rustica! Great place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A real treatSuperchief1944Dined on 6/7/2014This is a very solid, good restaurant. The main room can be deafening so ask for one of the back rooms unless you really like a "buzz". Menu is extensive and great choices. They do a great job with any involving fish or seafood. Pastas are solid. Ravioli is usually bland but their version with corn, pork belly, black-eyed peas and almost no sauce is WONDERFUL. It is one of our favorite restaurants. Of course the bakery is reason enough for a trip of its own: we always take bread home. My rye Manhattan was perfect, large beer selection for my wife.Special Features:
- Over pricedHydeparkguy12Dined on 6/5/2014Ok food, over priced, nice interior, weird location. The food is ok. The entries are over priced. Ok service.Special Features:
- love this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/30/2014This place is dope.. Great waiters, great food, great atmosphere. I come here often and this is my fave restaurant. Dear open table.. STOP MESSAGING ME FOR MY OPINION AT 12AM!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Pane RusticaTampaFancyDined on 5/30/2014Their food is always fantastic, so is the service. Best place to eat in South Tampa, pasta dishes are amazing. So are the flatbreads. Have never had anything there that wasn't spectacular.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice but a bit noisy.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Outstanding food, service, and wine list. So noisy that I could not talk to someone sitting next to me at a table for four. Everyone had to shout or repeat everything. Techno decor and bare walls, ceilings, and floors made the reverberation awful. The techno dance music did not help. But the clatter from everywhere, with nothing to absorb it, made it tiresome.