3225 S. MacDill Ave.
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
Fusion / EclecticPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://panerusticabakery.com/
- Phone: (813) 902-8828
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday: 11:00am - 5:00pm; Wednesday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm, Sunday:11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Wednesday - Saturday: 500pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, International
- Executive Chef: Chris Cresanta
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Pane Rustica offers an extensive menu to guarantee your satisfaction for any party or event - lunch or dinner.
- Private Party Facilities: Pane Rustica is the ideal destination for parties and events. We offer detailed planning along with unique food and beverage options that will make your experience truly memorable. Our private rooms can accommodate up to 50 guests for a seated event and approximately 85 guests for a cocktail reception. For those that are adventurous, try our "Shut Up and Eat" catering; tell us the parameters of your function and we will take care of everything else.
A word from Pane Rustica
Pane Rustica is a Zagat-rated restaurant and artisan bakery featuring handcrafted baked goods, savory lunch items and enticing dinners. Lunch customers can choose from hearth-baked pizza, sandwiches and salads in a casual atmosphere. In the evening, the menu and service style elevate to fine dining, serving unique wood-fired entrees, appetizers and small plates. Our wine and drink menu offer delicious choices to pair with our menu items.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pane Rustica - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Pane Rustica reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
fit for foodies (51)neighborhood gem (49)good for groups (30)vibrant bar scene (28)hot spot (23)special occasion (22)romantic (21)great for lunch (19)notable wine list (16)great for brunch (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (4)Show More
- It never disappointsTommyVIPDined on 11/15/2014I love everything on your menu and am never disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Willing to work with youAdventurousDined on 11/8/2014As a vegetarian I was pleased that the chef was willing to modify one of the dishes to allow me to try something on the menu that wasn't initially vegetarian. I left it up to the chef to make and it came out delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A little disappointedWynnyDined on 11/8/2014We went to Pane Rustica to celebrate my son's new job. Some of the dishes were quite good -- Pane Rustica pasta, salad, and others just so-so. I enjoyed the crab cakes but the accompanying egg and avocado mix had little flavor and an odd texture. The gnocchi dish was heavy and my son's girlfriend gave up on it less than half way through. No gelato that night -- very disappointing. Guess the freezer was down. Prior to this occasion I had lunch at Pane Rustica and it was wonderful.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Our dinner was absolutely amazing! I will definitely be recommending this place to all my friends. Can't wait to plan another date night here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food - a real supriseJeffmblDined on 11/1/2014Restaurant was recommended by a friend. Looks like a bakery-ish type place form the outside in a strip mall. Completely different when you come in - looks like a nice restaurant hotspot. Food was very good - from the apps through the entree - well made and tasted great. Service was excellent. Some of the best I've had in the Tampa area. Would definitely recommend and will go backSpecial Features:
- Can't go wrongmrstequilaDined on 10/24/2014Pane Rustica never fails to deliver. Fresh ingredients, great flavor everytime we visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Am I Screaming?OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/24/2014Our meals rated excellent, but the noise level was deafening. We were seated at a 4-person table somewhat to the front of the restaurant. The noise from the bar -- VERY LOUD MUSIC, etc. -- kept us from carrying on a conversation. It was NOT a good choice for catching up with our visitors from NY! They absolutely loved the food -- trout for one and pizza for the other -- but not the decibel level in the restaurant! Thanks for "listening."Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth going back2385Dined on 10/24/2014The decor is nice, but the quiet romantic vibe was interrupted by the club music played at the bar. The food wasn't bad, but it certainly wasn't good either. The best part of the meal was the sangria and the bread and hummus served at the beginning of the meal.Special Features:
- A bit overrated..but goodShowwalterVIPDined on 10/18/2014Food was good, service was ordinary, back room needs art or something on the walls.....Special Features:
- Good food....nice placeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/17/2014Food was good and service was attentive with fair prices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pane Rustica, Go TonightAPopalisDined on 10/17/2014My wife and I have been dining at Pane Rustica for four years. That is the amount of time we have been together, including prior to marriage. It is one of the best restaurants I have been to in the country, not to mention Tampa Bay. The flavors for every meal are always very full and beautifully orchestrated. Everything has been very well prepared (chicken, fish, beef, pork and pasta, always perfect). The specials menu is diverse and can be adventuresome. It changes frequently, always providing a surprise. The wine selection is also fantastic. Service has never been less than attentive and caring. Dessert is also great, get the apple tart before it is gone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinnerMeshVIPDined on 10/11/2014We have nothing but good things to say. Service was great, Food was fantastic. We had a great night! It got loud toward the end, but it was a lively Saturday night.Special Features:
- One of our favorite places to dine!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014This was our third visit across the bay to Pane Rustica. Each time has been an absolutely outstanding dining experience. The food was incredible and the service was perfect in every way. We took friends there for dinner and they were very impressed. We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappoints!DelishDined on 10/8/2014My boyfriend and I decided on a last minute dinner outside the house. Where else to go, but our neighborhood staple? We can always taste the freshness of the ingredients and the time put into each dish. The service was standout this time around, too. Thanks for taking great care of us, Jared! We will return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ServiceCanegirlVIPDined on 10/3/2014Great food and notable service! Very attentive and pleasant servers.Special Features:
- Top 5 spot in all of TampaJohnnyDined on 9/26/2014Everything was awesome, its really loud but thats how it goes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceeded my expectationslovefoodDined on 9/25/2014I had been to Pane Rustica for lunch several times before but never for dinner. Everything was amazing! Small plates were delicious and my scallops were excellent! I will definitely come back.Special Features:
- Great placeMary27Dined on 9/19/2014We had a Mom's night there and it was an overall GREAT experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was Great, Service and Amb??BigcatDined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, Danish Blue Cheese Field Greens and Rustica Field Greens salads were very good, Meyer's Short Rib and Fresh Saffron Pappardelle were superb. The wait staff needs more training. After being told we wanted time to enjoy our cocktails, we ordered and salads came immediately, sent them back. Long wait for entrees. Didn't seem to understand that typically wine is served with dinner, not along with the cocktails. Room in which we were seated was fine (in back of the bar) but occupied by 2 of the most spoiled children we've had the misfortune to encounter. Wish management would have said something. Rather surprised this restaurant has a Golden Spoon award, great food but wait staff is not at a high level.Special Features:
- Fantastic dining experiencekellychevyDined on 9/12/2014From the moment I walked through the door and was greeted by the hostess staff, I felt taken care of. This restaurant has an unbelievably friendly ambiance and beautiful setup. Every employee in the dining room makes sure that every single patron in every seat is well taken care of. The food was absolutely amazing and I will be sure to return again and again.Special Features:
- OutstandingHeythere4Dined on 9/10/2014I've been to Pane Rustica many times, but not in the past year or so. Was delighted that it's as fabulous as ever. Introduced my good friend to it and we thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- DianeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Food was absolutely delicious and the service was spot onSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- tampaeatsDined on 9/6/2014We have eaten here several times and have always enjoyed it. The special snapper/scallops and quinoa salad were exceptional! Fresh, flavorful - really delicious. Service was great - attentive and helpful but not overbearing. Acoustics make it really loud and sometimes hard to hear conversations, but a great vibe.Special Features:
- Beats the chains, hands down!4foodiesDined on 9/6/2014We like good neighborhood restaurants. This one fits the bill perfectly! Excellent Italian food that is creative but not too odd, beautifully presented, and with generous portions. Service is excellent, too, with a great sense of humor. We are from out of town, but head there frequently when we are in South Tampa. As an added bonus, there is a very good wine store next door, as well!Special Features:
- ANNIVERSARY TREATGinapDined on 9/5/2014LOVE THESE SPECIAL PLACE. ONE FORGETS HOW GREAT IT IS WHEN NOT FREQUENTED OFTEN.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our Favorites!Robert7677VIPDined on 8/30/2014Always a great experience! The food is consistently fantastic!Special Features:
- Food was great but...Jax25Dined on 8/23/2014We have been coming to Pane Rustica for the past few years on special occasions - birthdays, anniversaries. Every time has been a wonderful experience. The food was great, our waiter was attentive throughout the night, making recommendations and timing everything perfectly. The one negative happened right at the end - it was very clear to us that our dinner was over and they wanted us out, despite the fact that it was only 10pm on a Saturday night and our reservation was at 9. We were halfway through a shared dessert when the staff was fully breaking down the restaurant, sweeping on both sides of our table and around other guests who were still there. Make your reservation for early in the night, the food is great and worth it!Special Features:
- richDined on 8/22/2014I had the short rib, and my husband a penne pasta dish. We always trade bites. Both were delicious! Had the summer cake for dessert - WOW!! All the reviews I read were right about the summer cake. It is wonderful!Special Features:
- Lunch or DinnernbrunnerDined on 8/20/2014Pane Rustica has great food! The salmon was amazing and the wine list was sufficient to find something to complement your meal. The restaurant does not have much curb appeal and you would miss it if you did not know it was there, but it is definitely a hidden gem. Great for a work lunch or romantic dinnerSpecial Features:
- Been wanting to try, disappointedAliceInWonderlandDined on 8/16/2014We had been hearing amazing reviews about Pane, and very very underwhelmed with what we got. Our table was very small and about six inches from the tables on either side of us. We never received our ordered appetizer, and the food was terrible. The chicken was chewy and their bolognese sauce was more of a brown beef stew, like no bolognese sauce I've ever had, or ever wanted to. They overcharged on my husbands dinner as well. Will never be going back.
- Italian done right!LePejDined on 8/14/2014I never order from the menus when I dine out and always ask the servers to surprise me; I have never been disappointed at Pane Rustica. The wine selection is fine, but I wish to see an extended list soon. Keep up the good work of fulfilling my tastebuds desire for delicious meals.Special Features:
- Great food but.....................divingannDined on 8/9/2014Food is wonderful but probably won't go back - not on a weekend anyway. The noise level is ridiculous in the main dining area and the bar area. They have opened another dining area in back which is less noisy but there is absolutely no atmosphere in this room. In fact on the four walls there is not ONE thing - no artwork - nothing I want to enjoy my food without yelling and without feeling that I am sitting in an empty box.Special Features:
- Awesome!AlexsoroDined on 8/1/2014You won't regret eating here! Great food, great atmosphere, great service, very reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but staff the kitchenTimothyVIPDined on 7/26/2014I felt like walking past first class on an airline and seated in economy when we went through restaurant and were seated in the back room, a featureless windowless prison cell. Despite it being only half full back there, it seemed like our server was over worked and rarely seen. The worst part--the waiting for food. Granted it was p Saturday night, but here's an idea--plan to be busy. The cheese plate was nothing special and very overpriced at $18. Those are the cons, the pros are enough to make me give it another try in the future. Exceptional food--we had the watermelon salad which was refreshing, though a little bland. The grilled calamari, crab cakes, pork cheeks, scallops, and all the desserts and drinks were outstanding.Special Features:
- Save room for dessert!Lynda33629Dined on 7/25/2014Pane Rustica is my go-to spot when we have visitors in town. Food is always excellent, ample parking, good wine, great service. I usually get the scallops (which are to die for) but finally tried the short ribs and they were equally delicious. Great price point and always assured of a terrific dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 298 reviews are from the Pane Rustica reviews archive.
- DelicioussimplytpsDined on 7/11/2014Wonderful restaurant. Great food. Can't wait to visit again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was lackingBeautifulVIPDined on 7/11/2014We had Two servers but they went missing towards middle of the meal. A couple mess ups on order,food and check . As well long wait times on entrees. Food was good but inconsistent .I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/5/2014I have been here several times for lnch and feel it is a better lunch spot than dinner. Very loud and dark at night. We were with a group and had difficulty hearing one another. The food was not good enough to make up for the environment.Special Features:
- Great food againJAN1Dined on 7/3/2014Always enjoy the food. Service is good and the extra touch is the bread they give to take home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my favorite meals in Tampa!TpafoodlvrDined on 6/28/2014I can honestly say this is one of the best meals I've had in Tampa. We had the corn ravioli, mussels and scallops and all were unique, perfectly prepared and absolutely decadent. And the dessert! The espresso cookie sundae was absolutely amazing! Our server, Pate made excellent recommendations and provided superb service throughout the meal. I strongly recommend Pane Rustica and can't wait to go back and try everything else!Special Features: