Pane e Vino Trattoria
1715 Union St.
San Francisco, CA 94123Neighborhood:
Marina / Cow Hollow / Presidio
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Pane e Vino Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.paneevinotrattoria.com/
- Phone: 4153462111
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Bruno Quercini
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Pane e Vino will custom design your party, meeting or event. View our sample menus below. Pane e Vino is a great location for rehearsal dinners, weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, seminars, corporate dinners or holidays, meetings or other events in our back room with capacity for 40 people
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Pillado 4153462111
- Cross Street: Gough
- Public Transit: SF MUNI - Union & Gough Bus Stop [45/41] Union (Gough), San Francisco, CA
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Union Street Garage Pacific Park Management 1910 Union Street San Francisco, CA 94123 Pane e Vino validates one hour parking at the corner of Union and Laguna, right beside Wells Fargo Bank.
A word from Pane e Vino Trattoria
Pane e Vino serves regional Italian-style cuisine, featuring fresh grilled fish and meats, thin crusted pizzas and pasta dishes exceptionally flavorful with fresh ingredients. Pane e Vino is a family and kid-friendly neighborhood trattoria with a affable staff, delicious food and a great wine selection.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pane e Vino Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
63 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (46)fit for foodies (24)special occasion (16)romantic (15)good for groups (14)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (3)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)hot spot (1)Show More
- Family and friendsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/19/2014It is the "go to" restaurant for our neighborhood. Great ambiance, very family friendly, terrific wait staff who seem to enjoy themselves and their customers. Sharing plates works well, bread is fresh and any passing wait person will help if you need anything. Prices are reasonable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old FavoritegreenhagenDined on 10/17/2014I grew up in the neighborhood, and remember this restaurant from when it was located on Pierce Street. I have found the food and service consistently good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findFogmanDined on 10/11/2014Our second visit. Wait staff excellent. Fair pricing. Large selection of food choice and excellent preparation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- dedaVIPDined on 10/3/2014Whenever we go to San francisco we always fit Pane e Vino into one of the nights dining. It's our favorite, even though we always try one of the newest recommended restaurants too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/20/2014The food was wonderful and the service was top notch. We were a little early and were accommodated.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 9/16/2014Excellent service and food, always a treat to be treated so well.Special Features:
- First-rate Italian. Mediocre art.platelickerDined on 8/31/2014The food is quite good--authentic Italian and well prepared, with marvelous desserts. The ambiance is very cozy and romantic, sort of like finding an out-of-the-way trattoria in Florence. The prices are reasonable, and the wines--at least the pinot grigio we ordered--are excellent. However, and though it seems petty to say so, the art on the walls is below mediocre. Unless the paintings were done by the owner's spouse, they should be replaced. Change that: Unless they were done by the owner's mother.Special Features:
- DenaDined on 8/30/2014This is a great dependable neighborhood restaurant. I go with my elderly parents and they make us feel very comfortable. Food is good and dependable. Creative enough for for foodies yet dependableSpecial Features:
- Great foodSherrieVIPDined on 8/22/2014My coworkers originally from NYC were craving some good Italian food and this hit the spot for them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- worth trying!Dakota68Dined on 8/21/2014i read some reviews and decided to give this place a try....the food was quite good. our server, on the other hand, couldn't have been less friendly. hewas indifferent to us at best, and made no effort to enhance our experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the staff made it even betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/16/2014This is a little neighborhood joint that not only offers terrific Italian fare but has a staff that just makes it all even better! We'd go back in a hot second!!!Special Features:
- Always great experience - Go Bruno!NighOutVIPDined on 8/15/2014We come every-now so often and love everything about this place - that the owners strolls through and greets customers by name, that staff is THE BEST in attentiveness and friendliness, great home-made bread, yum northern italian food.. will be coming again and again. thank you!Special Features:
- Great restaurant!KelsmulfDined on 7/30/2014I've been here a few times and it's a great simple Italian place to bring family and friends. The atmosphere is very comfortable and romantic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a pleasureOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2014This has always been my favorite place for "special occasions" (birthdays, retirements, visits from out of town friends, etc.). The food and service are always excellent All the staff are long-time employees which speaks volumes for the smooth running operation. I've been coming here for years.Special Features:
- The following 104 reviews are from the Pane e Vino Trattoria reviews archive.
- Best Italian restaurant in town!!!!cc88Dined on 6/25/2014This place is the best Italian restaurant in San Francisco. Service is very friendly. Atmosphere is really traditional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousKelsmulfDined on 6/22/2014The service was great, they were so nice and friendly. The outdoor patio was so cute and a perfect setting for my birthday dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!PatriciaDined on 6/21/2014We come here every time I come to San Francisco. We always have a great time and food and service are awesome. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014We arrived here on a Saturday night and were seated promptly, even though we were early for our reservation. That's where it stopped being all that nice of a place. The food was not bad but I never thought, "mmm, that was tasty." Nothing was wrong with it but nothing made me think, I should come back for this dish. The service existed. That's about all I can say. I almost never heard the waiter say anything except the words "are you" and "ready". In order to fill my glass with water, he didn't say anything, just pointed at my glass. It was apathetic bordering on rude. The host, either in a rush or otherwise, plopped the bill down without a word as well. The only person with a sense of service was a busboy who filled our waters.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/9/2014A delightful, comfortable and welcoming place with excellent food choices and wonderful tastes.Special Features:
- GaryCherlynRenoDined on 6/2/20142nd time there. What a great find. Fantastic dinner. Fortunate enough to have met the owner/chef Bruno. Great service, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 5 Star experience!BridgetDined on 5/30/2014First time at this restaurant with relatives visiting out of state. Food, and service was 5 plus stars. They seated us early, even though our whole party wasn't present and served toe cake we brought with a smile. All meals ordered were excellent and service couldn't have been better. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Always greatMaggieDined on 5/25/2014It doesn't matter what you order, it's always great.Special Features:
- First bad meal herePeterSDined on 5/25/2014We eat here on occasion and usually have fairly good dinners. I ordered the Pesce Misto the other night and the scallops were absolutely tasteless- I suspect they were not shellfish, but faux scallops made from punched out pieces of sea skate. I usually get better meals here, so maybe it was an off night from their fish monger.Special Features:
- BestHaroldVIPDined on 5/23/2014A great wonderful fine and best emporium!! Gracious delicious moderate magical friendly !!! Favio is the best wAiter in San Francisco! Pane and vino is Best!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2000VIPDined on 5/11/2014For an Italian or a foodie palate, pasta is way over-cooked and over-sauced.Special Features:
- Best Italian meal in yearsNickDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I are new to the area, actually living in the East Bay. We were in San Fran with time to kill and empty stomachs, but didn't want to wait an hour for a table in a more popular area. Yelp and Open Table both recommended this place, kudos to them both. Excellent food, service with a smile, though the waiter did get a little absent after the meal was served. Great desert, and many wine selections. We will surely make a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014We have eaten here several times before and enjoyed our meal, but this night was an exception. While the service was warm and friendly and prompt as usual, the entrees we chose (clams/mussels/pasta & baked sea bass) left us both feeling disappointed. I stopped half way thru my fish. My partner, who ate all of the clams/mussels, became ill that night with severe stomach cramping. Was it the food? We think so, but can't be certain. Fortunately, she was better by the next day. When you have an experience like that, it tends to make you not want to return to that restaurant.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/14/2014always come here to celebrate special occasions, since it is a special place. The food is delicious (all the pasta dishes are wonderful); the service is excellent; everyone is friendly and welcoming. Diners celebrating birthdays are treated to a rendition sung in Italian by the staff. Parking is sometimes challenging, but timing is everything. Dining experience is worth "the parking hunt"!Special Features:
- Our favorite restaurant inMisticmeDined on 4/11/2014Our favorite restaurant in SF. Bruno, the owner is amazing. He is an incredible chef, who creates authentic Italian meals. The rest of the wait staff is quick and friendly also. This isn't a fast food drive-thru. Everything is fresh, from the meat and fish, to vegetables and even herbs. The menu is extensive and we have tried many different meals here, and everything is spectacular. From homemade pastas, pizzas cooked in a brick oven, to daily specials. And the deserts - WOW! There are nooks for intimate romantic dinners , and a beautiful enclosed back patio (with real grape vines!) perfect for bigger parties. Great for singles, couples, families, really any size party. If you've never been, it's definitely worth a visit.Special Features:
- Surprise!AngelaVIPDined on 3/28/2014I've been living within walking distance for 7 years and never been. We made reservations somewhat last minute for an early Friday night dinner. The restaurant was already busy and kind of loud. We ordered the cold artichoke to start and neither of us liked it much. The pasta dishes we ordered were fantastic and the pasta was so fresh. Service was attentive and friendly without being over-bearing. I love that everyone who works there is Italian, it feels very authentic. We ordered a half carafe of wine and it was the perfect amount. I will be back frequently!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We had a perfect late dinnertunnelteamDined on 3/22/2014Very nice staff that was flexible when we had to delay our reservation. We shared an excellent thin crust pizza as an appetizer and then had salads and pasta dishes that were all very good. The restaurant is small but uses the space well creating a very pleasant ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood favoriteDeliaVIPDined on 3/15/2014Have been going to Pane e Vino for many years, since I can walk to it. Love their food and great service!!! Delia CrawfordSpecial Features:
- Neighborhood pasta placeFoodieVIPDined on 3/12/2014A fun neighborhood place. Fun with a group that can pass around tastes of unique pastas. Rotisserie chicken is wonderful, the stuffed artichoke is so unique and a mainstay, and the pastas are tasty. The lamb was too thin and overdone, veal shop was dry. Not sure this is the place to order meats... definitely a pasta place. The appetizers and salads are WAY too pricy for nothing special. I entertain for business almost every night in the city, so price and quality have their place as comparisons, and it prevents me from coming here more frequently. Ambiance is fun and energetic. The wait staff that have been with Bruno since his days located on Steiner are 5 star -- but some of the others are not attentive to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Okay food, l-o-n-g wait for foodMelissaDined on 3/12/2014Things started off okay, our food was good, not great, but we inexplicably had to wait 20-25" after we had finished our entrees and were given dessert menus. No one came by to check on us and we found out later our waiter had been sent home. The restaurant was only about 1/3 full by this time so it is a mystery why we had to sit and wait so long to have dessert orders taken and why no one else was assigned to our table after our waiter was sent home.
- We're Going Back This WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/9/2014We were a group of 5, in the mood for Italian food within walking distance. It was our first time at Pane e Vino, and we're returning this week. We all ordered off the "Specials" menu, and everybody was happy with the food. The pasta was fresh, the fish was cooked perfectly, and the sauces were delicious. Only a few of us had room for dessert, but the berries with zabaglione cream were the perfect ending to a delicious meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta and salad was freshmarssellDined on 3/9/2014Pasta and salad was fresh and delicious. Service was just right, helpful and friendly. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- the quality of the food isRACHEEVIPDined on 2/27/2014the quality of the food is very good. the taste is not , in my opinion, what I would call very good. needs more spices or ingredients. the ambiance is great and great waiter.
- Food is decent but service lackingIspykaiVIPDined on 2/22/2014Good traditional Italian food. The service was not very good though. The waiter took our food order first and didn't ask us if we wanted wine so we had to flag him down a couple of times for him to take our drink order. He gave us the bill without asking if we wanted dessert, which we did. He did apologize but didn't even clean the table properly in between the main meal and dessert. This place fills up on the weekend with a lot of last minute reservations so it serves that purpose. I would think twice if you plan on having a romantic date here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday surpriseDiningdivaDined on 2/20/2014Because many of us in the neighborhood frequent Pane e Vino when we have special occasions, or just want a lovely meal, I had a surprise birthday dinner for a friend, and even though there were 10 of us, once again we had wonderful service, fabulous food, and a festive environment. It was a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- hearty mealheartyVIPDined on 2/20/2014Friendly staff, high quality ingredients (Like buffalo mozzarella and fresh basil leaves), piping hot tasty pasta with very generous servings, chianti that was first rate and no skimping on the pour. Cant miss.Special Features: