Pane e Vino - Brooklyn
174 Smith Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Pane e Vino - Brooklyn
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panevinony.com/
- Phone: 7185011010
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Carlos Barahona
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Delivery, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: Covered Patio area great for weddings and other events
- Private Party Contact: Paolino B. 718-501-1010
- Entertainment: Tuesdays and Wednesday's Live Music @ 8pm-10:30pm Thursday "Tango" 8:30pm- 10:30pm Cuban salsa on Friday and Saturday 9:00pm to 12:00pm.
A word from Pane e Vino - Brooklyn
Authentic Italian, home-style recipes with a northern accent, served in an inviting garden setting, or in the glittering main room, create an unforgettable evening of fine dining and continental ambiance.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pane e Vino - Brooklyn - Best Restaurants in Cobble Hill ›
Pane e Vino - Brooklyn reviews from OpenTable diners
30 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (16)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)romantic (11)special occasion (8)vibrant bar scene (8)fit for foodies (6)late-night find (5)hot spot (5)great for brunch (4)kid-friendly (4)great for lunch (4)notable wine list (3)scenic view (2)Show More
- Dinner reviewBkfoodreviewsDined on 8/22/2014We had a large group from out of town (6 adults and 2 kids) and wanted to find a cute restaurant with a patio and great authentic italian food, while also accommodating 2 kids with very picky preferences when it comes to food. Pane e Vino was great for everyone! They had a kids menu for the kids, while all of the adults were able to pick from amazing pasta dishes, chicken, salads, seafood, etc. The wine was also great. Ambiance was very nice and we sat on the enclosed patio in the back. We went at 5:30pm on a Friday night and it was very quiet. They also have live music every night (later though- around 8ish I want to say). I would highly recommend Pane e Vino to anyone. Lastly, our service was great. Thanks Mario! We will be back.Special Features:
- peaceful venueBMW1954Dined on 7/27/2014I wanted to find a place to unwind after a visit to my home church and the cemetery. I was very emotional- I found this place on open table. It was clean, the staff was friendly, despite its location near downtown Brooklyn, I easily found parking on the street... The food was scrumptous- just a nice relaxing place to eat and think.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PeggyVIPDined on 7/12/2014As always, the food was outstanding. My Tuscany fish stew was wonderful. It had great flavor. My friend loved his filet mignon and it was tender and cooked to perfection. Another wonderful meal and Mario, our waiter is the best!!!!Special Features:
- antandbarbDined on 6/28/2014food was excellent along with the service would recommend and eat there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice setting, poor serviceJohnny50Dined on 6/24/2014The food here is adequate and the ambience is wonderful but the service is typical of gentrified Brooklyn: no one seems to need your business or cares whether you will return. My friend and I literally had to beg for the check as we tried various hand-waving and attention getting techniques for over twenty minutes with no success. I had to go up to the waitress and plead for mercy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this placekwnyVIPDined on 6/22/2014Pane e Vino is one of my favorite place to eat especially for brunch. I think they have the best bruschetta and tiramisu. Their pasta was also great. The brunch deal is just to good! It is so lovely to have a nice brunch in the garden area on a sunny day.Special Features:
- Great food at reasonable prices!Loves2dineDined on 6/7/2014The night we were there we had live salsa music....people were dancing and the bar was hopping...totally festive and fun.Special Features:
- MFMFDined on 6/6/2014Well my wife and I use to go a lot but found another place that does a better job of service, I ordered something with shrimp and lite on the sauce but chicken came instead:(! The waiter replaced it with the shrimp but didn't remember the lite sauce so my meal was swimming in sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- IMARVIPDined on 5/31/2014Food was acceptable, ambience was nice as its an indoor/outdoor type of patio. Nothing spectacular though.
- Always good food always reliablePhilDined on 5/17/2014We had visitors to ny who love food and know Italian food well, they are originally from Italian families in Argentina . They loved itSpecial Features:
- BologneseOSKIIDined on 5/15/2014Had a great time - very loud, they had live music that night as well as loud music when the band rested. Loved the food - the bolognese, the lamb chop and the appetizers were great. Very nice people working there - the only weird thing is they initially tried to turn us away until I told them we had an open table reservation - then they were fine, no complaints from them or anything strange.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvpaneevinoDined on 5/11/2014Always have a good experience. Food is always great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch was easyNYCMarineDined on 5/11/2014Family went for Mother's Day. The service was great and our waiter had everything under control. Thought the portions were a little small when we were told the omelets came with home fries---guess three pieced of potato is the optimum number for the restaurant. Every egg dish had three potato wedges. omelets were small, actually the local diner has larger portions at smaller prices. But heck we tried it and had a nice time even with the small portions. I was surprised a 20% service charge was added to the bill for four people. Usually that goes to larger parties.Special Features:
- PeggyVIPDined on 5/10/2014Fabulous as usual. I loved my steak with the balsamic reduction. I loved my friend's porkchop and I loved the fettucini.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hasn't Disappointed!BronxtoBrooklynDined on 5/10/2014This local place never disappoints. From Mother's day to hanging out with the friends, listening to live music, this place never disappoints! Food is mostly good, the service is very attentive, the atmosphere is "chill" and they have a great outdoor garden, which can accommodate larger parties. Go to Brooklyn, Smith Street, it's a happening place, and this Restaurant is one of the best! Check their website so you can know the music schedule! From Grannies to friends, this place can please all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great night out!!Freshh2oDined on 5/2/2014Vibrant atmosphere, great food and friendly staff. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 269 reviews are from the Pane e Vino - Brooklyn reviews archive.
- AmazingStronglatinaDined on 4/24/2014We had 3 different apps and they were all amazing. Please try the mussels..YUMMY!!! Main course was just as good. Food was very fresh and food came out quick and hot. Well done!! I will be back.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/13/2014Untamed children sitting in the back...bad service. ....good food...good jazz band..first experience was betterSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weekend visitorsFamily5Dined on 3/8/2014We were a mixture of locals and out of towners who came for dinner on a Saturday night. The good was good and fit the loco neighborhood feeling we were looking for, but the noise was so loud we struggled to make ourselves heard. We were so glad to leave the noise but found we had very little voice left. Maybe another time would have been more comfortable than Saturday night. The good was very enjoyable and the service attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food with live music!VivaDined on 3/1/2014Been here twice and food was very good... weekends have live latin music - dancing by the bar if you like! Very lively atmosphere in main room. They also have a lovely garden which I haven't been in but can see from main room, so if you want a quieter atmosphere that would be the way to go. Would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Glass half full or empty?LenniKDined on 2/15/2014My fiance and I went for valentines day (the day after of course because as most places the pre fix for day of was strange and absurd) It was lovely mostly because the outdoor seating is beautiful. You can see the outside (snow at this point) and still be warm, it was empty so it was as if we had rented out the whole thing. The hefty glasses of wine were exciting and the food was well priced. 5 different types of fish for 20 bucks. Proscuitto Bruschetta is to die for and I also hear of an excellent cheese plate. Only thing is everything they did could have been better. Maybe because I cook but presentation of food looked more diner than delicate. And they either came back every 2 seconds or not at all which is very annoying. Still try!Special Features:
- Great service, great food!FoodfiendDined on 2/14/2014We had the special valentine's day menu and it was delicious - great options, generous portions, very tasty. Service was wonderful - our server was very attentive and friendly. At one point we found the music to be a little too loud right by where we were sitting and he promptly offered to turn it down for us. We had a really enjoyable night!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FunKatherineDined on 2/14/2014Great food, great service. Live music on weekends makes it all perfect. Romantic garden dining area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Winter birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/8/2014I found this place randomly on Yelp and decided to give it a shot for my birthday dinner with four of my friends. The live band was a great surprise and we were seated right away. We had a nice view of the back party room, which had a fun party going on at the time. Our waiter was fantastic, he had a great personality, was very accommodating and even offered to take some photos for us, without us asking. Usually servers can be annoyed by this, but not our waiter! One of my friends doesn't drink, so when he brought us a round of shots, he even brought her a shot of her soda. We loved the food and we will be going back. I am so happy I found this restaurant. All of our meals were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pane e Vino was outstandingPeggyVIPDined on 1/25/2014Pane e Vino was outstanding tonight. The fish was expertly prepared and the salads were wonderful.Special Features:
- Lovely placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/23/2014It is great place to go on evening, especially when they have live music. Romantic atmosphere and delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a great experience!! :)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/18/2014Came in with a reservation for 9pm on a Saturday night with a party of 7....As soon as we got in (promptly at 9pm), the server notified us that our table was waiting. The Band was set up and gearing up for their weekend set. The ambiance and decor was romantically set that touched notes of Tuscany and Spanish style settings. Stucco wall, open ventilation, open kitchen setting and a marvelous seating/garden. Portions & Prices were unbeatable..btwn appetizers, 3 bottles of sangria, the main course & dessert our bill barely reached $400. The food was tasty and the service was to match. Our waiters made sure we were enjoying our meal and our every request was fulfilled.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Busy, busy busy and then not busyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/14/2013Seated by the door on snowstormy Sat night, 7pm reservation. Asked for table away from the door but told empty back tables not available, asked by 4 separate people if we wanted drinks; we declined. Servers asking if we were ready to order (our menus were still open). We ordered & the food (apps & dinner) were rushed out quickly. All was served by about 8pm, which suggested they wanted us out to push another seating. All 4 of us (40s & 50s) noticed & dressed casually b/c of the snow, it was a business dinner. Fine, except that there weren't reservations or diners after us so no reason to rush & then left alone for coffee & dessert after being pushed along quickly. We left at 9pm with mostly empty seats.
- Noise ControlLindaDined on 12/7/2013Food was great, service was right on the money but the noise level was making it hard to to carry on a conversation. Between the music and other groups yelling to be heard I found it rather distracting. In spite of it I would return again on occasion:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great foodkevinDined on 11/21/2013neighborhood gem. Stumbled across this place last minute. Food was really good. Had the salmon with mashed potatoes and spinach. They had live music playing as well. I went on a thursday. Nice sized food portions for a really good price. A neighborhood must for locals.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Outdoor Patio DiningNathanHaleJHS6Dined on 10/25/2013We had a group of 8. Food and ambiance were great. We could hear each other despite the vibrant music scene and salsa dancing taking place in the front of the restaurant. The enclosed outdoor patio was ideal for our family gathering,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charming hidden italian BK gem !fashionistaDined on 10/21/2013I found this restaurant online and took a chance having italian family in town. Well this place passed the test! The food was all homemade and made with so much care. The owner attended us and gave us complimentary champagne as it was my birthday celebration! He even offered to edit menu if we needed to to cater to our requests! ! I recommend this place to everyone for the service and comfort as it feels like your family is cooking back in the kitchen. I will go back and make this a new regular spot! I have already told people I work with about it and plan to tell more! If you love music and dancing thursday is great night to go! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's always fun coming here....wePeggyVIPDined on 10/12/2013It's always fun coming here....we love the wait staff but we missed Mario!!!!! There is always something different as far as a special menu item is concerned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As usual, the food was outstandingPeggyVIPDined on 8/31/2013As usual, the food was outstanding as was our waiter, Mario. We missed Erwin. One of my dining companions had a fabulous dish with all sorts of grilled meats. We love coming here, we love the service, we love the music, we love the food........:)Special Features:
- lively and friendlyaliciaDined on 8/29/2013I liked the ambiance of the location. The food was tasty and fresh. I really liked my fish in the foil. The crème brulée was delicious and I appreciate the fact, that it was no problem to share it. The wine se- lection is wonderful. Service was friendly and attentive. The food was affordable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great AmbianceHotshot46Dined on 8/24/2013First time dining here..brought a friend for a Birthday dinner She was pleased will definitely come again . Food portios were large and very tasty the live band was lively the wait staff was very attentive Overall a great dining experienceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great portionsUnimpressedDined on 8/19/2013They have really good portions and everyone at my table left completely satisfied.I would recommend this to a friend.
- My girlfriend and I had aRdnymclrnjrVIPDined on 8/8/2013My girlfriend and I had a wonderful time here. They had a live guitar band playing while we ate. We felt like we were overseas somewhere. The food was fantastic as well as the service. We will definitely come back here again.Special Features:
- Great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/1/2013We come here often as a family and I also bring colleagues or business visitors for a dinner discussion. Visitors are always impressed and it is always an enjoyable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experience this time wasPeggyVIPDined on 7/13/2013My experience this time was a complete turn around from my first visit. The service was excellent and the food was very good. Next time I return I must try the S'mores dessert. I didn't notice that they had a special soup on the board. The wait staff should always mention any special items.Special Features: