Pandora's Grayton Beach
63 Defuniak St.
Santa Rosa Beach, FL 32459Neighborhood:
Santa Rosa Beach
SteakPrice: $30 and under
Pandora's Grayton Beach
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pandorasgraytonbeach.com/
- Phone: (850) 231-4102
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood
- Executive Chef: Brandon Montalto
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Smoking Area (bar only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Pandora"s offers live music nightly in our patio bar area from 9pm to 1am.
A word from Pandora's Grayton Beach
Pandora's Steak House is located in Santa Rosa Beach, Florida in the beautiful community of Grayton Beach. Pandora's has been in business since 1978, and is proud to be the Emerald Coast's oldest family owned and operated Steak House, specializing in only the finest USDA choice heavy western beef and the freshest local seafood. Pandora's steaks and seafood are grilled over an open wood burning pit, using only pure oak, giving the very distinct flavor that we are famous for. Pandora's Steak House is renowned for it's slow roasted Prime Rib au Jus, which is a featured special on Wednesdays and Sundays. Private banquet facilities are available for parties ranging from 20 to 100 people.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pandora's Grayton Beach reviews from OpenTable diners
11 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (7)neighborhood gem (5)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)romantic (2)hot spot (2)great for lunch (1)late-night find (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/22/2014Server was great. We ordered the prime rib and it had a very strange texture to it that made it difficult to eat. Other servers were very loud and at times making inappropriate comments about regular customers. They had a good wine list and pour was very generous . We may go back during summer to sit outside and have drinks and appitizers.Special Features:
- Amazing Food.BeachbumDined on 11/8/2014The steaks are the best I have had. Cooked over an open flame using oak wood. Great flavor. The Chefs special Tuna appetizer and entrée are amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Old schoolLoloGDined on 11/7/2014This place was dated and kind of depressing, but the oak grilled steaks and grouper were delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's good.SecondWindVIPDined on 10/18/2014It's good, not great. Very casual atmosphere with a local feel. The steaks were very good, and that's one of the main reasons we went there. We also were ready for a break from all the higher priced, Yuppy dining options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great end to a great vacationbeachblasterDined on 9/19/2014The last night of our vacation to 30a my wife and I wanted to go somewhere we had never tried. We are fans of local catch and goat feathers but our trip to pandoras was out of this world!! My wife had the steak and shrimp and I had the grayton grouper with a twice baked potato. Everything we had was amazing. For dessert we had the fried strawberrys with ice cream. The price was reasonable for being a nice place. Our dinner for 2 with dessert and cocktails was around 90$. Was a great experience and will be back next timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good foodLrrtDined on 9/13/2014Never had a bad meal at Pandoras. Best steak on 30ASpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experiencebakertony3Dined on 8/29/2014From the outside looking in, you would expect something different, but this place is great. The food was excellent, our waiter was very good. Steak was cooked perfectly and overall everything was wonderful!!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overcooked steaksPBC2Dined on 8/20/2014Last year we ate such memorable steaks that we decided to make the drive this year as well from Panama City Beach. The steaks were overcooked which resulted in them being too chewey. A disappointing experience.Special Features:
- The following 69 reviews are from the Pandora's Grayton Beach reviews archive.
- 1st Time @ Pandora's Grayton Beach30ALuvrDined on 7/22/2014My wife and I just tried Pandora's (Grayton Beach) for the first time this year (we have been coming to the 30A area for years). We have found a new place that we will be visiting each year in the future. We both had the Grayton Beach Grouper (excellent). We will be back and would recommend the place to everyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Stacey765Dined on 7/16/2014My family visits Destin every year and we usually chose to eat here because in the past the service has been great. This visit was far from great though. Our waitress was not friendly, and wiped her hand across her nose several times without washing her hands afterwards. She was rude when we requested more bread. Apparently they no longer had baked potatoes and several people working were frantically rushing around which made our dinner far from relaxing. The steaks we ordered were flavorless and disappointing. I think we will pass on the restaurant for a few years.
- Great steaksOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014I had the Delmonico. My brother in law had the top sirloin. Good quality meat and cooked to perfection. Very good!!Special Features:
- Return to the Ole '96erDutchVIPDined on 6/29/2014For the second year we ate at Pandora's and the food was excellent! The wood grilled fish and steaks are great. The sides with each dish are also excellent and nicely paired. As noted last year in our review, the ambience is rustic and reminds the diner of the place where John Candy took down the ole '96er in The Great Outdoors. Enjoy it! We did.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TremendousBigPoole29Dined on 6/14/2014Pandoras delivered again!! I had the grouper special and it was by far the best fish dish I've ever eaten. The filet my wife gets every time we go was better than ever. Why go to Ruths Chris when you can have the same if not better meal at Pandoras!! Even my kids steak was amazing. Thank you for treating the kids food with the same care as the adults, huge for a family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Steakou812Dined on 5/11/2014We went for Mothers Day. We all ordered the special which was 10 oz Prime rib with sides. Out of the 4 dinners my wife's was the only one that was edible. I sent mine back after a couple bites. Toughest piece of Prime Rib I've ever tried to eat. I didn't reorder. My son and his girlfriend tried to eat their steaks but only made it about halfway through. Boxed the rest, brought it home for the dog. She enjoyed it. Our waitress had a bit of a condescending attitude from the start. It didn't get any better after I returned my steak. The manager offered to give me a new meal at no charge. I declined. He did give us a free desert. We've eaten at this restaurant before and had a good food and service. So this was a bit of a surprise!
- Outstanding Rib EyeAnnieDined on 4/16/2014My husband was in the mood for a good steak and we didn't want to drive to Destin. I Googled "best steaks on 30A" and Pandora came up so we decided to give it a try and are so glad. The rib eye was one of the best he's had. We're so glad to have found another great restaurant on 30A.Special Features:
- Fair Prime RibOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/16/2014Did not like the prime rib at all. Everything else was good.Special Features:
- Ordered sirloin steak andGranDined on 1/25/2014Ordered sirloin steak and shrimp. Shrimp was wonderful, some of best I have had! Knowing sirloin is not the tenderest of meat, I should have made another choice.Special Features:
- New Years EveRickDined on 12/31/2013Great dining exccperience and food was great. We will be retruning!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EXCELLANTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/15/2013We were at Pandora's on early quiet night, a group of 4. We all had the Prime Rib and all agreed it was excellent. I also had a Bloody Mary drink and it was better then most I have had in this area. The service was beyond expectations, drinks were kept full and our bread plate never went empty. The server was quick and close but not hovering just the way it should be, but it was a quiet night so I wouldn't expect the same on a busy night. Over ALL it was an outstanding eveningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Weds night prime rib specialOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/11/2013We had read very good things about their food, especially the prime rib. 4 of us had the prime rib special and concurred, it was not the best we have ever eaten. It was a little grizzly and in some parts, tough, maybe because it was only 10 ounces. The drink prices were too high ($35 for 2 martini's & 2 whiskeys). All, in all, we probably will no go back or recommend this restaurant to others. Sorry
- Return visitBdaygirlDined on 11/27/2013We ate at this restaurant when we visited last March. It was close to both places we stayed, convenient destination and very good overall.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prime Rib SpecialJackDined on 10/30/2013The Prime Rib specail on wednesday's and Sunday's is a great deal!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/24/2013The Yelp comments were positive, but did not accurately reflect reality. The steaks were fine, but the rest of the experience was sub par at best. The dining room needs renovation, the recommended twice baked potato was tasteless. The wine selection was above average.
- Birthday dinnerBillDined on 7/23/2013Food and service good, but just average for a special birthday occasion. We were put in the room where families and small children ate and it was noisy! Would love to try the adult dining room.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Laid backbgrayDined on 7/23/2013Great little find. Dinner was great and drinks were fantastic. Server was awesome as well. John was the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food! Ambiance Lacking!DutchVIPDined on 7/7/2013If you can get by the 1970's disco-like décor, you will have a delicious meal. The service was outstanding and the food was prepared to perfection. The bar and overall building was too dark with limited sunlight. Picture where John Candy ate the old 96er in the movie: The Great Outdoors. I would recommend this restaurant on food alone!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We book allot of our reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/4/2013We book allot of our reservations on Open Table and have never had a bad booking. The restaurant is old, the food was awful and had no flavor. The waiter that brought our food reached over the table to hand me my plate that was hot instead of walking around and setting it down in front of me. We will not be dinning her again.
- Anniversary DinnerMackDined on 6/28/2013Reservation made it clear that thia wsas am anniversary dinner, yet we were put in the band room instead of the formal area However the food and service were outstandingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TastyDiner123Dined on 6/14/2013I ordered the center cut pork chops and it has been changed to only include one chop. I was told it would be a very large and thick portion so I requested to have it butterflied. The chef accommodated and I found it to be quite tasty. The signature oak smoke flavor was great. It paired well with seasoned rice and the Chateau St. Michelle riesling. Service was adequate. Although sometimes, waiter was a bit delayed. However, he was very attentive and personable. He followed through with offering dessert. I would suggest changing the seating routing to include: offering drinks and soon thereafter, bringing bread. We had to wait too long to receive bread. It is heavenly and I think guests will appreciate starting off with this tasty comfort.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food in great location!PzzazzDined on 6/1/2013We really enjoyed our dinner at Pandora's, I had a petite filet topped with crab meat in a Bearnaise sauce and my husband had he grilled Grouper with a citrus butter. The Bearnaise sauce was delicious and we asked for another side of it. The house salad dressing was very good. The wine by the glass was disappointing - with only 1 choice for Chardonnay - this is an area that could definitely be improved on. Ask for Dan when you go and visit Pandora's at Grayton Beach, he was a very attentive and very efficient server and made our evening very enjoyable. There was a large group of ladies sat in the center of the dining room which did make it very loud as there are no buffers between the tables. Overall 4 stars out of 5.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant was very dated,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/31/2013Restaurant was very dated, AC was not working properly and food was average.
- PricingKennDined on 5/17/2013I took two guests for dinner. The first guest ordered and was asked if she wanted a green salad or ceaser. She said Ceaser. Then it happened, "there is an up charge for ceaser" I said OK. Then the waiter went to my next guest and he ordered a ceaser, and asked about his potato. "Do you want a baked potato?" Yes, then waiter said, "do you want a regular baked potato, or special potato. He ordered loaded potato, but wanted him to know there was an upcharge for a loaded potato. I said OK. I then ordered a loaded potato and yes, I know, there is an upcharge. I was totally embarrassed and would never bring a guest there again. It is hard to believe when you pay $30-40 for a steak, there would be an upcharge on anything.
- Genuine people work at PandoraNashphilDined on 5/17/2013Thank you first of all, for the kindness and Genuine greeting we received from everyone that served us, Most restaurants today have forgot how to do that. Second: The food was outstanding (love the tomato tower:) appetizer, Everything was freash and cooked to profecton. We visit Seaside/Grayton 3-4 times a year, and will put Pandora as a "must have" each time we visit. **We will be telling our friends!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We have been to Pandora'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/6/2013We have been to Pandora's before, but not for several years because we live more than an hour away. However, it's a great steak place and it was my wife's birthday so we made it a day at the beach followed by dinner. We made the reservation because it is spring break and the start of the tourist season so we wanted to make sure we had a table. At 5:30 PM, we were the first ones there, and had the place to ourselves until other patrons started arriving around 6PM, and I expect the beach crowd did not get there until later after we left. We ate indoors, but when we left, we noted there was a pretty good crowd at the outdoor bar.Special Features:
- averageThomasDined on 4/5/2013was average. expected more. not anything bad, but the restaurant feels a bit rundown.Special Features:
- Made reservations for 17 butOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/20/2013Made reservations for 17 but only had 15...no one blinked a eye like other restaurants we've been to. Seated as best they could so all could talk with one another..not easy to do with that number. Service was excellent..waitress almost read our minds as we looked over the menu. She made suggestions and we all agreed with them. Food was very good...way too much...but now have enough for another dinner at home. Love that! Enjoyed the room they sat us in till family arrived with small children, even a baby. Their noise was magnified by the high decorated ceiling which we had just began to appreciate. Pandora's is on our 'must go to list' for next year when we all Winter here.
- The steak and the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/13/2013The steak and the service were great, the soup and salad were not. I think this place would benefit from a visit from Robert Irvine from Restaurant Impossible to freshen up the interior decor!!!
- A Must Visit RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/15/2013We'd heard many rave reviews from friends about Pandora's, but hadn't visited the restaurant until recently. We wish we'd gone sooner! The food was scrumptious, the wait staff incredibly attentive and the overall experience was just wonderful. We'll definitely be going back soon. And for those of you who enjoy a sweet alcoholic beverage, I highly recommend the Absolut Chocotini. It's fantastically delicious!Special Features:
- Simply the bestOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Can't say enough about this hidden treasure. Great food, great service, amazing chef! Probably some of the best beef in the panhandle. A must eat "destination"!Special Features:
- Seth, our waiter, was friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/25/2012Seth, our waiter, was friendly and attentive! Great dinner. The prime rib was awesome!Special Features: