3615 Highland Ave
Manhattan Beach, CA 90266Neighborhood:
Manhattan Beach / Hermosa Beach
Mexican / SouthwesternPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panchosrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 3105456670
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican / Southwestern
- Executive Chef: Chef Ramon Hurtado
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Tuesday through Sunday entertainment. Karaoke, Sunday & Tuesday night. Wednesday night, John Brown, "Dos es Uno, acoustic duo. Thursday through Saturday, Day of Daze featuring Little Jimmy,Rick Cowling,Jim Wheeler and Koko. No cover charge!
A word from Pancho's
Pancho's restaurant is one of the oldest and best known landmarks in the South Bay. This famous Mexican restaurant features a uniquely beautiful atmosphere with the warmth & hospitality of an elegant hacienda. Gourmet Mexican dishes are prepared fresh daily. Our menu selections include an excellent variety of salads, seafood, chicken and meat dishes for your enjoyment. Constantly voted the South Bay's best MargaritaContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pancho's reviews from OpenTable diners
- This is a local gem- rightOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 10/24/2012This is a local gem- right near the beach- great festive decor- good food/drinks-BUT is way overpriced. Mexican food is not expensive to make, yet they charge unreasonably high prices all because it's located amidst multi-million dollar homes in an expensive zip code.Special Features:
- First time here, loved thepassDined on 10/15/2012First time here, loved the atmosphere! Indoor/felt outdoor like I was in the jungle. Food was excellent. Will definitely be back! It was Monday nt, so the bar was quite lively.Special Features:
- Good both timesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2012My wife and I ate here on Saturday and it was so good we returned on Sunday. You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/6/2012We were near Manhattan Beach and checked Open Table for a good place to eat. The reviews for Pancho's were very good and turned out to be accurate. Professional and pleasant servers deliver excellent food and the dining courtyard is cool and brings the outdoors inside. Pancho's in on our permanent list.Special Features:
- Always good Mexican food.CowboyVIPDined on 10/2/2012Always good Mexican food. My husband went here 60 years ago and still remembers it fondly!Special Features:
- It was a quick find for myOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2012It was a quick find for my boyfriend and I, and this is definitely a place I will come back to. It was gorgeous on the inside and it made a wonderful memory. The only problem was how loud it got.Special Features:
- Pancho's is consistent, oldHotelwizVIPDined on 9/23/2012Pancho's is consistent, old skool Mexican. Go for the margarita's, stay for the margarita's. good service, too!Special Features:
- Panchos restaurant didn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/22/2012Panchos restaurant didn't disapoint my party of six. Everybody loved their food of choice the service was grate, our server was very atentive to our needs.the shrimp wrapped in bacon and rice with vegetables were delicious I really enjoyed my dinner. Thank you PonchosSpecial Features:
- Popular place in mb, but overpricedchanman38Dined on 9/14/2012Popular place in mb, but overpriced and ordinary food. Everyone gets their margarita, but tgere is no description of it on the menu so you have no idea how much it is and what kind of tequila they use.Special Features:
- Best wait staff in Los AngelesJudyDined on 8/31/2012The food is fine (Ortega 120 is much better) but what I love best about Panchos is the always OUTSTANDING WAIT STAFF. Like in Europe where Its considered a career, the wait staff are TRUE PROFESSIONALS in every way. They are not pretentious or fussy, but are "on top" of every single detail and always upbeat and charming to every one. What a joy!Special Features:
- Was such a blast!! Food wasOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/30/2012Was such a blast!! Food was delicious and the ambiance of the restaurant was absolutely fantastic! Thank you!Special Features:
- Nice dinner there the otherOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/24/2012Nice dinner there the other night. Table for 2 in the corner was a little cramped. The chicken mole delicious . Great margarita! A little pricey for Mexican food, but still enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- Always a good meal and goodDinner4818Dined on 7/24/2012Always a good meal and good time.....decor and ambiance excellent, very relaxingSpecial Features:
- Like the atmosphere but wayOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 7/20/2012Like the atmosphere but way too expensive for a Mexican restaurant..
- Always a good betOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 7/14/2012We love Panchos, the shrimp tacos are tasty and the Mole enchiladas are very good. Mole is a very difficult sauce and they do a nice job. Not too sweet and not too spicy. Crispy chips and awesome margaritas. Also great live band on Friday and Saturday nights. Top talent musicians that play with big bands like Stevie Nicks, Alice Cooper etc.Special Features:
- A Must Go Restaurant! Great ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2012Had a HUGE variety of tequilas . margaritas were natural and delicious, food was unbelievable. i highly recommend this place . Will return Thanks for the great service.Special Features:
- Been going here for 20 yearsOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/8/2012Been going here for 20 years and it's still great.Special Features:
- The food was quite good. OKOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/7/2012The food was quite good. OK value. Service was attentive but accuracy was spotty. Overall good.Special Features:
- Expensive Mexican restaurant,j2626fVIPDined on 7/4/2012Expensive Mexican restaurant, however if you are a local they typically mail out 2 for 1 coupons every month. Kid's menu way overpriced at $10+. Atmosphere is wonderful like walking into a fiesta. The restaurant has character and has always been able to accommodate big groups.Special Features:
- We went for dinner. BothLoves2eatoutVIPDined on 6/29/2012We went for dinner. Both the service and the food was good. Great margaritas! This would be a good place to take children.
- All in all it was a wonderfulOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2012All in all it was a wonderful dining experience..although I thought the menu was a little pricey...Special Features:
- Decent Food At Sky-High PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 6/16/2012The food was fine, and the service was attentive. The ambience was nice and festive. That said, an order of guacamole, two entrees (a salad and a chicken pibil), a child's dinner, and one beer cost over $90 with tax and tip included. I don't usually consider value when I go out to dinner, but this was excessive. There are plenty of other Mexican restuarants in the area that, while they may not be as nice inside or offer as extensive a menu, are tastier and offer better value. If the food had been remarkable, then I wouldn't hesitate to go back. That, however, was not the case, and I will think twice before returning to Pancho's. If ambience trumps food and cost, then this is the place for you.
- Special occasionOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2012Food was fantastic! A little pricey for a Mexican restaurant but well worth it! Will recomend to friends and we will be back for special occasions. Service was fantastic!Special Features:
- Very good authentic MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 5/30/2012Very good authentic Mexican cuisine! The Naughty Maggies are very good, but be careful! They are very potent!Special Features:
- Great place to dineOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Excellent wait staff. Ambiance inviting and aesthetically pleasing. Great margaritas! My boyfriend and I had dinner with another couple and had a great time. We could talk to each other without having to raise our voices to be heard but it wasn't quiet where our conversation was out of place or disturbing to others. The tables weren't so crowded together that you felt like cattle as you do in some restaurants. Thanks!
- Took a couple of friends whoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/26/2012Took a couple of friends who had never been there and,as always, they fell in love with the place. Great vibe, great food, great location. Have fun.
- Mother's Day brunchStephSDVIPDined on 5/13/2012Excellent Mother's Day brunch! Good food and lively atmosphere. Great for a big party!Special Features:
- A read other reviews thatOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2012A read other reviews that the meals were overpriced, so that I expected. What I didn't expect was that the Carintas Ramon that I ordered would be dry and tastless. I get that sometimes a restaurant will have an off night and the manager took the meal off of the bill and apoligized for the issue. The waiter was very friendly but service was very slow as he had many table to cover. It's things like forgetting to serve us water and not checking back on us on us that bothered me, especially considering each of our plates were over $20. It's a shame as they have a good location and the building has a lot of character and history. It could be a great restaraunt, but they seem to have taken the lazy road of resting on past glory.
- The restaurant have a veryOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012The restaurant have a very traditional look from the patios of the houses in Mexico, its Beautiful. Food is awesome!! Micheladas are yummy! And their postre Buñuelos with icecream Que Rico!!!!And the boys (waiters) are cute.Special Features:
- Viva PanchosOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/11/2012Three people. Three completely different entrees. All very good. I am a chile verde addict. Problem is decent chile verde has become hard to find in my area. Pancho's version ticked all my boxes.Special Features:
- Had 6:00 reservations butOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012Had 6:00 reservations but was not seated until 6:25 We were seated near the kitchen in the hall way on a table make for 2. We noticed several other people seated after us already had their drinks and order taken before we even got to order drinks. I've been coming to Poncho's for about 40 years now but will never go again.
- The shrimp enchiladas wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/5/2012The shrimp enchiladas were delicious! The ambiance was nice and the waitstaff was friendly and very attentive.Special Features:
- The place was really nice,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012The place was really nice, the atmosphere was great! We got our food quickly, the only down part to it are the prices. The food was good, but nothing out of this world for the price.Special Features:
- Great food but too loud; couldn'tOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Great food but too loud; couldn't hear conversations within our party of 4.
- Fun place to bring the familyMerryDrinkerVIPDined on 4/20/2012Fun place to bring the family or out of town guests. Food is a little pricey for the quality but service is great and the atmosphere is always fun and vibrant. Always get compliments from our guests about how great the place is. Valet parking available for $4.Special Features:
- Exceptional meal!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/13/2012Recommended by a local (her favotite). Fabulous dining experience, food was exceptional. Dishes prepared with high quality healthful ingredients. I'm a foodie visiting from the east coast and would travel here again just to return to pancho'sSpecial Features:
- Way to expensive for MexicanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/8/2012Way to expensive for Mexican food and quality. Very disappointed.
- We lived in El Segundo forOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/7/2012We lived in El Segundo for a couple of years during the mid-80s. Dined at Pancho's at least twice a month. Went back with in-laws after twenty+ years. Food still good. Love the "atrium" dining. Worth a visit especially if you don't have any decent "Mexican" where you live.
- Unfortunately, the reputationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/31/2012Unfortunately, the reputation of this establishment outweighs its delivery. While the food was good, it was over-priced relative to the portions. The waiter was an older gentleman who did not seem to go out of his way except to ask repeatedly if we would like another well drink (we had ordered 1 margarita and, so we thought, had expressed that would be more than sufficient). The atmosphere was enjoyable and the crowd lively. The valet parking ($5, with validation) left a little to be desired, as well. Though it was raining, we were told to follow the valet to the parking lot (a half-block away). Close to LAX for a late night meal, but be prepared to pay a premium for the history...
- It was our first time there,DaveatthebeachDined on 3/30/2012It was our first time there, and it was fabulous! Going back next week!Special Features: