92 7th Ave. South
New York, NY 10023Neighborhood:
PeruvianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pancany.com/
- Phone: 2124883900
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Sunday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm;
Dinner: Sunday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm,
Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm;
Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Seafood, Peruvian
- Executive Chef: Emmanuel Piqueras
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Panca provides full service catering for events of all sizes, from casual gatherings in your home to big parties. We can also help you plan your private party at our location.
- Entertainment: Panca does many events, from Pisco tastings to parties. Be sure to become our friend on facebook to keep yourself updated with upcoming events!
A word from Panca
Panca Restaurant serves Peruvian cuisine. From our fresh cebiches to our tasty lomo saltados and rotisserie chicken, Panca uses the best, most authentic ingredients in a modern presentation.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panca reviews from OpenTable diners
37 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (15)neighborhood gem (15)fit for foodies (13)late-night find (7)good for groups (7)great for brunch (5)romantic (4)special occasion (4)great for lunch (4)hot spot (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great Peruvian Food!vcBKDined on 8/23/2014I have been to Panca on multiple occasions and the food has been great every time. For Apps, I recommend the Cebiche clasico, Anticucho and Papa a la Huancaina. I love the Lomo Saltado and always drink Pisco Sours when I go! Staff is friendly and the place is also great for groups. Delicious food, highly recommended!Special Features:
- Outstanding cevicheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014The restaurant was pretty empty for a friday night, especially for one with a bar. But we came here for a late dinner so because we were one of 2 couples inside the restaurant, the waiters were attentive and we were served promptly. We ate a few of their ceviche appetizers and they were each delicious. Would come again.Special Features:
- Great for coctails and cevicheSandyDined on 8/9/2014We found this restaurant randomly checking the West Village map and after reading how good it was in yelp, we gave it a try. We were not disappointed. The pisco sour and the piscomojito were really good cocktails and the ceviche was excellent. The "papas a la huancaina" were also very good and we had a good time. The staff members were very attentive and nice and they made sure we had everything we needed. I'll be back for sure.Special Features:
- Ok but could be betterBrittettesVIPDined on 8/8/2014We visited this restaurant because we were looking for Peruvian food . The ceviche always , I mean always it's served with Peruvian Cancha ( toasted dry corn) but they dont offer it . The Pisco sour was a bit bitter . It's supposed to be more on the sweet side than bitter . I must say that their quinoa chaufa was really good .Special Features:
- Great Peruvian Food!Diner7Dined on 8/8/2014Food was very tasty. Particularly enjoyed the aji de gallina and lomo saltado. The passion fruit piscine spurs were fantastic! Price point was great and it was easy to get a table on a Friday night.I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/4/2014Panca serves authentic, fresh Peruvian cuisine. There were 3 of us and we ordered appetizers to share: marina causa and cebiche, both were excellent and very tasty! We then tried the Lomo saltado and the mushrooms quinoa, that were also delicious. The staff was very courteous, and prompt. We had a wonderful time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food20percenttipplusVIPDined on 7/19/2014I had the Pescado a lo Macho. It was delicious yet a bit too expensive other ways i would say I had a great time there.Special Features:
- All around great experiencefoodluvr13Dined on 7/19/2014Hi, My wife found Panca on the web because she wanted to go out for some Peruvian food and although I was a little skeptical I decided to go and try it. We went and had dinner and to my surprise the service was top notch and the staff they were very welcoming and knowledgeable, the food was beyond delicious the portions were perfect and I honestly could not have asked for a better meal. I will definitely revisit Panca and I have already spread the word to all of my friends. it was an all around great experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I love Peruvian Food!!DrewDined on 7/19/2014Great Ceviche! Very close to the authentic Peruvian food that I would eat in Los Angeles.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ChiefChiefDined on 7/9/2014Place was super fun and the service was great. GREAT drinks!Special Features:
- Does what it says on the tinduckrabbitDined on 7/4/2014I've been to this restaurant a few times, and each time it has been less busy. I can't honestly say why. The food is exactly like other reviews say - ceviche that is divine, excellent lomo saltado, other things variable. The service is how I like it - friendly but with room to breathe. As always with this old-world style, you have to fight a little to get the bill, but I'm never in a hurry so this is hardly a problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestJJJJerseyCityDined on 6/29/2014I go to Panca often. The food is incredible. You can't leave without trying any one of the numerous ceviches they serve. Just amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- No good serviceGoodeats001Dined on 5/25/2014I was looking for a Peruvian restaurant and this was the only one in the neighborhood. We waited 30min before our drinks finally arrived, then an additional 20min for our appetizer. The food was good, but not worth the wait at all. I would normally get up and leave, but I was exhausted and starving. My husband and I will never come here again. I prefer to head uptown to Pio Pio. Better service and food.
- ok food service badkseatsDined on 5/25/2014the food was o.k., but the service was terrible. the food took forever. They had a problem with the gas line, but didn't tell us until we complained after an hour.Special Features:
- DE-licious!calicoemwVIPDined on 5/12/2014My paella was made without mussels as I requested. It was PERFECTLY cooked and the seafood was soft and NOT overdone. Amazing flavor and wonderful service. One of the best places in NYC for paella.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 98 reviews are from the Panca reviews archive.
- Very solid Peruvian foodNoneDined on 5/3/2014Panca is consistently serving very good and authentic peruvian food. Service is fast and friendly. While a short menu has been reflected in consistently good dishes, needs to have some variation to keep charming old customers. Drinks are also very good and the bartender is amazing but last time I detected too much foam in the Pisco Sour this is a minuscle detail. As a Peruvian and foodie I recommend this restaurant without any hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting Peruvian fusion!Foodie76VIPDined on 5/3/2014I am Peruvian, and I dare to say that I know what good Peruvian food is. I have enjoyed every visit at Panca their dishes and drinks. You will find everything you like: vegan, vegetarian and carnivore! The drinks are one of the best Peruvian drinks I had. Try the passion fruit sour if you are in the sweet side. Jalea will feed two people the least! I will definitely recommend it to any person who feel like trying out of the box food :)Special Features:
- Great Peruvian FoodjillyDined on 4/12/2014We tried two classics, ahi de gallina and lomo saltado. They were both excellent (though the ahi de gallina could use a bit more ahi amarillo). The service was slow but friendly. The atmosphere was bustling and crowded but not too crowded. I would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Peru with a twist.ToastyDined on 3/29/2014The flavors were unmistakably Peruvian, but with a lot of local invention and fusion. A standout appetizer was a base of potato with a tuna tartar on top. I never saw anything like that in Peru, but who cares - it was delicious. The Aji di Gallina was well balanced. My Pescado a lo macho was perfectly cooked, though I would have liked it a little spicier. Excellent Pisco Sours.Special Features:
- no good…...OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/26/2014Panca was alright, but not what we expected. the piscomojito was great!!! the anticuchos were good too. the entres we ordered wasn't good at all. arroz con mariscos was salty and no much sea food there and aji de gallina my husband just got 3 bites and left the whole plate aside. the ceviche for what we went for was simple and the seafood we got there was about overcook shrimp in slices and calamari. very disappointment that i brought my husband there for his birthday. the service was really good, but the food is what people come back and we won't.
- Súper night spotAmazingDined on 3/22/2014The food was right on the money. Really good portions. Great Cholopolitan and awesome Sangria. Dessert was delicious and the empanadas were a delight. Most definitely I'll be back for another round. Great service and ambience. Loved itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reminded me of PeruNonameReviewerVIPDined on 3/7/2014Some of the most delicious cebiche and tiraditos I've had in the US...equal to some of the best places in Lima. The tiraditos (sashimi-cut fish with no onions) were exquisite. They serve a variety of cebiches, just as the places in Lima do. In Peru, people eat these dishes only at lunch...to acidic for dinner time. Here, I'll take them when I can get them...along with some Tums. Good service, but I could do without the house music. Panca instantly became our go-to place for Peruvian food.Special Features:
- I used to LOVE this restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 2/22/2014I used to LOVE this restaurant. It's still good, but it seems to be going a little downhill with the food. The ceviche used to be amazing, but the last time I went it was subpar. The fish had not spent enough time marinating, and it was very bland. The chicken soup was outstanding, though. Really hope they can bring it back to the level it used to be!!Special Features:
- Great lomo saltadoSaboDined on 2/21/2014One of several Peruvian restaurants I've eaten at recently and this is definitely one of my favorites. The lomo saltado is fantastic, just wish the side dish of aji was actually spicy. Pisco sours were pretty good. Staff was very friendly & definitely plan on going again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentPicky1VIPDined on 2/8/2014Went to this restaurant with high expectations as it had been recommended to me by a friend. We arrived and the place was empty. It was 1:45 and the first thing we were told is that they were out of certain items on the menu because they had been busy the night before. I tried the lomo saltado but it had too much garlic and so did the rice. Their ceviche needed more seasoning. Their pollo a la brasa was not good either, we requested white meat and were served dark. For dessert we were also told that they were out of certain items on the menu. Their sangria was not that great - perhaps they need to improve the quality of their wine.
- Great food!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/7/2014Go there often with friends and we are always pleased!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PancaMelusineDined on 1/27/2014It is a non pretentious restaurant but the food was good. The wine list is very short but the cocktail list is great. The service was a little slow but the waitress was very nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ceviche and a cozy atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 1/17/2014Really enjoyed dinner at Panca on Friday. The food was delicious (especially the ceviche) and the atmosphere was low-key and cozy. It's in our neighborhood - we'll be back!Special Features:
- Energetic and friendlyBarney100VIPDined on 1/11/2014My partner and I went to Panca after seeing an off-Broadway show down the street. We both loved the place; the atmosphere was casual/hip and the crowd was obviously enjoying the night. I had their peruvian Cosmo, which had passionfruit in it (loved), and we both had rotisserie chicken and rice (both great). The price point is good, so an evening here won't break the bank. Will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- More than meets the eyeCowsweetDined on 1/10/2014I got a reservation last minute on open table. My date and I had set out to dine and dance in the west village but by first dining option fell through because of the wait time. "Lickety split we found a spot at panca. So basically I really needed panca to save the day for this date and I must say panca came through. After arriving at the restaurant other complications became apparent- namely that my date didn't eat either spicy or raw fish which makes us incompatible on at least those two dimension. But when we explained her conditions to the waiter the waits handled it perfectly with a very honest assessment of the spice level of each of the dishes. We enjoyed all of the plates we ordered. The ambiance was solid as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SOLID FOOD, INATTENTIVE SERVICE1KTravelerVIPDined on 1/10/2014I visited Panca for the first time. I had a delicious soup that was perfect for a cold day. The dishes with quinoa were well portioned and representative of quality Peruvian cuisine. My server, although nice, was rather inattentive. She seemed more interested in chatting with a few friends at the bar. I'd give this restaurant another visit, but hope the service is a little more on par next time.I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre food/serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013maybe just an off night (I went there a few years ago and it was better) but while some dishes were better others were so so. They brought out the wrong dish for someone and while it was replaced rather quickly, they clearly didn't put in the effort and it was different/worse than another version of the same dish someone had ordered. considering the neighborhood you can probably do better though there are worst fallback options.
- The food was good, I thinkOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 12/17/2013The food was good, I think it would have been better if their was heat in the restaurantI would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything great but a peruvianGhy1VIPDined on 12/8/2013Everything great but a peruvian restaurant without Inca Kola is not a peruvian restaurant. The restaurant was very cold.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty Authentic Peruvian FoodTraveller4goodfoodVIPDined on 12/7/2013We were looking for a Peruvian restaurant in the neighborhood as I had a craving for pisco sour and some ceviche. Panca didn't disappoint! Every dish we had was really tasty, and the drinks were great! If you like seafood, I recommend the 'Tiradito Mosaico Mixto' for an appetizer, the Aji de Gallina and Lomo Saltado were also fantastic dishes! We can't wait to go again!Special Features:
- Food is amazing... my favoriteFonchiDined on 11/25/2013Food is amazing... my favorite peruvian restaurant in NYC for sure, the most similar to the typical peruvian dishes... nice enviroment, service is excellent, food delicious. Looking forward to go again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We realized we were goingsincewhendoineedanicknameVIPDined on 11/23/2013We realized we were going to be a bit late at around 7pm, so we changed our reservation from 8:30 to 9:00pm. Even though we made the change and it was confirmed by opentable, they gave away our table when we were not there at 8:30 as they didn't see the change / didn't check opentable. We then had to wait almost an hour for a table, and as the restaurant is so small and was crowded, they told us to wait outside in what was a freezing night in NYC. By the time we got our table we were numb, but the food was delicious and our waiter was incredibly friendly so we let it slide and enjoyed the evening. I was surprised though that management didn't do something nice for us, comp us a drink or whatever, considering the inconvenience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice FindMarcDined on 11/4/2013Planca has a nice selection of Peruvian and Peruvian-inspired food. All of the food was well-prepared, and the presentation was nice. The ceviche (mixto) was some of the best that we have had. The service was excellent and friendly. Although there is a very small wine selection (two reds), both (a tempranillo and a malbec) were good and a nice accompaniment to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, great funpapaDined on 11/2/2013Just felt very well taken care of. Fresh, fun, delicious food.Special Features:
- Pisco Mojito is A+kmwEatsDined on 10/6/2013Visited with a Peruvian colleague, who assisted me with the menu options and cocktails. Ceviche was a huge portion - enough to share. It was good, not great. We shared the fried seafood platter - again good, not great. This is a small restaurant. Service was very attentive for half of our meal, then a party of 8 came in and that seemed to suck the waitstaff's energies. Waited quite a while for the check. Great opportunity for people watching out the front windows, and outdoor sidewalk seating is fabulous weather permitting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.