Paname French Restaurant
1068 2nd Avenue
New York, NY 10022Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
Paname French Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://panamenyc.com/
- Phone: 2122073737
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 11:30am - 5:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, French American, French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Paname French Restaurant
Innovative cuisine....Artfully presented. Chef/Owner at Paname turns out some of the city's most creative fare - spectacular array of fresh seafood and pasta dishes. We offer Prime Black Angus steak and chops, featuring tantalizing appetizers and main courses, prepared in traditional French style. Dessert is not to be missed! Great Bar Menu as well - New York Best Value!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Paname French Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelQuiet
neighborhood gem (10)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (6)great for brunch (3)good for groups (2)romantic (2)special occasion (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Authentic cheap French foodJenniferVIPDined on 9/5/2014The ambiance was great, and the food was delicious. I really enjoyed my escargots and seafood bouillabaisse. The flourless chocolate cake was a little too decadent and heavy for me, but by that point I'd eaten my appetizer, main course and free hot bread. Mmhmm!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nancycarylVIPDined on 9/4/2014Absolutely wonderful hidden gem ... the food presentation and taste resembles the highest quality ... a must try place!Special Features:
- Don't go!LizSDined on 9/3/2014Based on several reviews written for Open Table and other resources, I expected "a find" here on the East side. French food, no less! Well, there was virtually nothing French on the menu except Creme Brûlée, as told to me by the waiter. As for the food overall, it was all but inedible, I.e., chewy, tasteless pâté; old, overcooked cod. I was so embarrassed that I had told friends beforehand about this place that someone had actually called "a neighborhood jewel." I had to call everyone back and tell them, "Stay away!"
- worth the dough & then some!MarlaPilatesVIPDined on 9/2/2014This is a real find. You are getting high qualify French food from a true French chef at a bargain price. Beautiful presentation, fast service, scrumptious chardonnay, and fixed price dinner that is a steal!Special Features:
- Great Find, Great PriceDavewestpaDined on 8/30/2014The resturant has a great location, its an easy walk from where we were staying on Lexington. The exterior doesn't look like much and the resturant was empty, but the staff could not have been any friendlier or professional. We started with the baked octopus and escargot. Both were very good. We then had the boulabas, which was excellent. For the price fix rate, this was great food and an exceptional value for the area.Special Features:
- A Real SleeperRockyroadVIPDined on 8/15/2014This is a place that you must go to as the food is really good at very moderate prices. They have both a price fixed lunch and dinner but you also can order a la carte. This area is in need of place like this. The owner chef greets you warmly and the service is very accommodating. Hurry and make a reservation right now.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findebwpVIPDined on 6/2/2014This was a wonderful find near our office and quite a great prix fixe lunch menu. Will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charming FrenchG8tr82Dined on 5/25/2014The food was great as was our service. It was a quiet night but our food was fersh and tasty My daughters mussels wer cookedto perfection and my veal chop was prepared just right. As for dessert it was the best Apple tart I ever had and my wife loved her Creme Brulee. I would definitely recommend for those who want to step away from the crowds and head to a neighborhood gem.Special Features:
- The following 3 reviews are from the Paname French Restaurant reviews archive.
- MehCitychickVIPDined on 5/18/2014Nothing special--decent food, but the décor is very dated/dingy. Wanted to give it a try, but won't be back--there are better choices in the vicinity.
- good food with no pretentionsOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/10/2014We stopped in for a late lunch on a weekend. The food was very good, especially the bouillabaisse. Service was great. The decor is a little tired - definitely not a fancy, milestone anniversary dinner place but terrific for everyday meals. Overall, this is a solid French bistro serving good food at reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Place should be packedRockyroadVIPDined on 4/26/2014Great Food and yet the place is empty. People in the area do not know it is there. Needs to advertise more because the presentation of the food is great and the food itself is superb!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.