Panama Hattie's and RumBar
11511 Ellison Wilson Road
North Palm Beach, FL 33408Neighborhood:
North Palm Beach
SeafoodPrice: $30 and under
Panama Hattie's and RumBar
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.panama-hatties.com/
- Phone: 5616271545x
- Hours of Operation:
Daily: Hours: Sunday - Thursday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Barbecue, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Kris Bell
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (bar only), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Panama Hattie's and RumBar
On the north side, we find Panama Hattie’s, boasting a menu of the freshest seafood and ingredients. Indulge, wave to passing boaters, sip your wine and relax. On the south side, we find the Rum Bar. Imagine your favorite beach, then add multiple bars, cocktail servers at your beck and call; and fun people who want to kick back, let loose, and play in the sand... literally. Amazing food, perfect drinks; this is paradise on PGA Boulevard. A must add to your “Rum-Bucket List”. Cross it off daily and remember that “It’s 5 o'clock right here”.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panama Hattie's and RumBar reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (6)scenic view (6)good for groups (4)kid-friendly (3)fit for foodies (3)special occasion (3)great for lunch (3)vibrant bar scene (3)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (2)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Will Definitely ReturnBillDined on 7/25/2014Ate here on last night of week-long vacation in West Palm Beach area. This was one of our top spots - excellent food, service, and free 30 minute boat ride on the waterway. Will definitely return on our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeGodivaDined on 7/5/2014We love the place is such a good ambience, the lobster was great, overall We will come backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your timefood42VIPDined on 6/5/2014The atmosphere is dark and dreary inside and old looking outside. The service was slow, in fact, we had to ask a bus boy who the server was for our table because we sat and sat waiting. The server was nice, but the length of time we waited for our food was so long that the server kept apologizing. The quality of the food was mediocre at best. We will not be back.
- The following 49 reviews are from the Panama Hattie's and RumBar reviews archive.
- InnAssistVIPDined on 5/29/2014Panama Hattie's DOES NOT accept Open Table Checks for redeemed points! What a bummer. I wonder why! All that they told us was that "we don't take open table checks"
- Great Early Birdjslesq2001Dined on 5/7/2014Food good and always a plus to be able to sit outside when in Florida (isn't this why we are here?). Early bird menu was varied and a good value. A bonus was the short Inter-coastal boat excursion offered for free (tip required) each 1/2 hour. A nice finish to the pleasant evening that we had at Hattie's. Hope the reports of it being sold, destroyed and rebuilt with condos and high end businesses prove to be false as too many of the long term traditions in South Florida are going by the wayside. My only complaint is that it bothers me when the local restaurants do not have available the local craft beers (it's a growing industry which should be supported - and the beers being crafted here are excellent).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not very goodDaveMullikinVIPDined on 4/24/2014We were so looking forward to finding another great restaurant on the Intercoastal but not to be. Yes, on the Intercoastal but not great. Service was fine and cocktails and beer typical. Large selection of Rum drinks that we did not try. Cocoanut Shrimp disappointing. Too much batter and tough tasting smallish shrimp. Came with green beans and fries. Odd for sure. Sunset on the patio brought the setting sun bearing down and with no retractable shades unbearable. Several tables asked to be moved. We will not be going back. Pam & Dave
- Better than expectedbmorgensVIPDined on 4/19/2014The fish was tasty. Drinks fine and the service was solicitous and excellent.Special Features:
- Don't sell this place.FredVIPDined on 4/18/2014We've been coming here for years. Love the restaurant and the notion of the tiki bar next door. WPB is developed enough. Leave jewels like Panama Hattie's alone!
- Dining at a Landmarkoji61Dined on 4/11/2014As always an excellent ding experience in a warm and friendly atmosphere. This restaurant will surly be missed. Our favorite waterside dining for fine seafood. Their Cioppino is outstandingSpecial Features:
- Excellent, friendly service,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/3/2014Excellent, friendly service, great food and right on the water.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sad to hear they'll be closingmaccVIPDined on 3/31/2014We recently heard that Panama Hattie's will be closing sometime in the coming months due to it's owner selling the property to a developer. What a shame (altho we can't say we blame him), as Hattie's is a place where we've always gotten great food and drinks at very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Disappointedttee4444Dined on 3/29/2014Very noisy. We were seated next to a brick stairway on flimsy plastic chairs. My guests chair slipped and she almost fell down the flight of stairs. It was a very close call. She is 87 years old. It would have been the end of her. Told the wait staff about this, and they were oblivious to the danger and didn't care.
- Good! Family friendlyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 3/23/2014This was a pleasant dining experience. Food was pretty good, nothing too gourmet or outstanding but certainly yummy and filling. Very cute place. Fun atmosphere and location.One issue- the open table reservation we made was not in their system. Fortunately going on a Sunday night we were still able to be seated quickly,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Location OK FoodDoughboyVIPDined on 3/21/2014We ate there with a couple last evening and it was ok. The service was decent, but not exceptional and the food was average. We had a whole Maine lobster, a pasta dish and two of us Coconut Shrimp. The shrimp were medium size and the food was not real hot. We did not feel rushed and enjoyed our table near the intercoastal.Special Features:
- Good Dining on the Inland Waterwayoji61Dined on 3/20/2014We have never had a bad meal here.. Good food, good service an enjoyable evening on the water. The water Taxi ride always completes a fun eveningSpecial Features:
- Great food and viewPeteDined on 3/19/2014If you are looking for a great view and great food then Panama Hattie's is the place for you. The ribs may have been the best I ever had. Others in our party enjoyed the fresh fish and salads.Special Features:
- excellent value with "giveexnyerDined on 3/17/2014excellent value with "give away" early bird dinner.Special Features:
- kids loved itWilliamVIPDined on 3/11/2014Our dinner was good but service was slow. I really think they got our order out of line in the kitchen. The boat ride was outstanding. Even allowing our 5yo to stir the boat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good. Service wasLisaDined on 3/6/2014Food was good. Service was a little slow but they were busy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun, local, outdoor, on the waterHoppyDined on 2/22/2014Enjoyed the outdoor, on-the-water setting. A bit loud. Food was good, service a little slow. Not sure if smoking is allowed but someone at at table close to us was smoking. This certainly would be a negative if it is allowed.Special Features:
- Great LocationCruvertwinVIPDined on 2/22/2014The greatest attribute of this restaurant is dining by the water. Request this if you are dining here. I wish I could say the food was outstanding...but it is good. They seem to be either under new management or have had a big turnover of staff. My friend ordered the rainbow trout with horseradish mashed potatoes, came out with rice instead. She asked the waitress for the horseradish potato instead,she brought out regular mashed and said the chef told her they don't make horseradish potatoes. said they don't make horseradish mashed potatoes. But,when we went to leave, I checked out the menu and it does indeed say that the fish comes with horseradish mashed potatoes. Ugh...frustrating. My yellow snapper fish was good. I had rice!Special Features:
- Another Good MealmaccVIPDined on 2/21/2014This was our third time dining at Hatties in the last 2 months. The food is always good, the service friendly, and the lobster special very reasonably priced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice spot on the intercostal.MMlmVIPDined on 2/20/2014Nice spot on the intercostal. All 8 people were happy with their food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service was terrible. WaitressLuvwaterDined on 2/14/2014Service was terrible. Waitress was nice, but it was SO SLOW to get our drinks, food, etc. Unbelievable. I have not been there in a while. I still like the view and location, but they have got to up the service. No excuse for that! Think I will stick to just for lunch or drinks only. Was supposed to be a great evening, but the service made it stressful!Special Features:
- Valentine's DayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2014Last minute decision to have a dinner before grandson's BB game on Valentine's Day not only did we get a table, but right on the water. Our waitress was adorable and very friendly as well as perfect server. My swordfish was delish! We will return. Wendy & EdSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Good VisitmaccVIPDined on 2/14/2014We visited this restaurant a second time because of the good experience we had on our first visit. Once again, we were pleased with our food (ordered from the early bird menu), the service, and the ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Alwaysca good timejennybcDined on 2/8/2014I have eaten here many times for lunch and dinner and have never been disappointed. Tonight was no different.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- In past years we loved Hattie's.AngelVIPDined on 2/8/2014In past years we loved Hattie's. This year we were lost in the Saturday night shuffle outdoors. Got our menu and water and bread but had to ask for a server after waiting 25 minutes. Good food but not as good as previous years. A giant wedding reception took up a large chunk of the outdoor deck and was super noisy when guests arrived. Better luck next time. This was a gem.Special Features:
- Pleasently surprisedJoshDined on 2/1/2014After reading a lot of the recent reviews on Opentable, I was concerned about what our dining experience would be, but since Panama Hatties was one of the few places that had an opening for my desired time, I took a chance. I was pleasently surprised, and we had good service and the food was very good. I had the seafood platter royale and my date had the snapper picata. It was a nice evening to be sitting out by the water, so that helped make things nice too.Special Features:
- Not bad setting for ordinary foodWadeBDined on 1/26/2014The location is not a bad setting with a nice deck overlooking the inter-coastal, but the food was less than satisfying. The oysters as an appetizer were fine, but the Lobster Thermidor was not good, and my friends swordfish was not good. Another buddy had the Maine lobster and said it was good though. The rum drinks were pretty goo.
- great food at very reasonable pricemaccVIPDined on 1/24/2014Some of the reviews I read about this place on-line made me a little leery of dining here, but we had a great experience. I ordered the whole-lobster special and was served a large (about 1 1/2 lb, altho the menu said 1 1/4 lb), delicious, fresh lobster that had been cooked just right. Along with it, I had a salad and steamed red potatoes. Everything was very good. My companion ordered a shrimp dish from the Early Bird menu, and her meal was delicious as well. Our waitress was friendly and provided very good service. The food was served quickly, with almost no wait between courses. We will definitely return to this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Xmas eve dinnerMr1181Dined on 12/24/2013Service was bad, did not have lobster , took over 20 min to get 2nd helping of all you can eat item. Been here before but will not go back their for dinner again with so many other choices in the area their is not need to.
- For a family Christmas EveLynnoDined on 12/24/2013For a family Christmas Eve event, this restaurant turned out to be a very enjoyable time. The staff was very courteous, despite the fact of my many changing reservation numbers. The food was good, my rainbow trout incredible, and the kids enjoyed the atmosphere and walking the docks to look at the fire pits. Very accomodating, and most enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't waste your moneydoreenmichVIPDined on 11/28/2013Service was terrible and it wasn't due to it being TG. Our waiter was terrible. He never served the soup, we sat forever waiting for our food and never came back to see if we wanted anything else. A waitress from the table next to us finally picked up on what was happening and helped us with desert and hot tea. When he finally did bring the bill not took 15 minutes for him to bring the change. A terrible experience and no one who would care to complain to.
- Last visit for me.SwayingPalmsDined on 10/26/2013After not visiting Panama Hattie's in several months I thought the family would venture up to northern Palm Beach county on a Saturday evening. The reservation was no problem; they took us right away, although it was not busy at all. Not being busy...to me that's a warning sign. We were taken outside and shown a table by the water. Nice spot! The table was made up of two rectangular tables. One was rocking like a seesaw. We brought it to our servers attention and they fit wooden wedges under the legs of both tables. When that was accomplished we had one pretty good table and the second one was slanted towards to other so there was this big ledge between the two tables. Will not be returning.Special Features:
- Excellent value on the waterfrontFoodLoverDined on 10/18/2013The food was excellent and very good value. The restaurant is on the Intracoastal Canal near a bridge. One of us had grilled salmon, served with asparagus and rice, another had fish and chips and I had the seafood cobb (lump crab and shrimp). One of us had ice cream for dessert and the serving was more than generous. The waiter was attentive without hovering and very friendly. It was late lunch (2 PM) so it was not crowded. We will be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual, comfortableSkipDined on 9/27/2013We were here a couple of years ago and it was fair, but pleasantly surprised that it has improved and is now very comfortable, service is much improved and food is quite good. I weould recommend to anybody as a comfortable, casual spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad BrunchOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/8/2013The crab cakes hollandaise were so fishy, eggs were runny, bacon greasy and western omlette had no taste. Service was good and view was excellent. Would not recommend brunch. Maybe go back for a beer and to look at the waterSpecial Features:
- Nice romancelumpVIPDined on 9/6/2013I really love this place and the food, the atmosphere here it was really nice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem of the oceanOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2013Party of four enjoyed lobster and seafood platter. Lobsters cooked just right and seafood platter nice assortment and very tasty. A nice after dinner experience was a free water taxi ride looking at the mansions and yachts. All in all a nice experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.