10, rue Saint-Antoine
Quebec, QC G1K 4C9Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.saint-antoine.com/
- Phone: 4186921022
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:30am, Saturday & Sunday: 7:00am - 11:00am; Lunch: Wednesday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm; Dinner: Nightly: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: French
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Beer, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Wine
A word from Panache
In July 2004, the Auberge Saint-Antoine opened a restaurant called Panache. This name reflects the elegance and distinction of an establishment that has rapidly gained an enviable reputation as one of the city's finest restaurants. In the first year, Panache won the city's Best New Restaurant award. Panache's dining room is located in the 19th century Hunt maritime warehouse, a building distinguished by its stone walls and massive wood beams. The menu is traditional French Canadian cuisine 'with a twist'.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache reviews from OpenTable diners
1 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
fit for foodies (1)romantic (1)special occasion (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Birthday celebration....sharonDined on 6/8/2014We had a wonderful birthday (65th) celebration at Panache. We were staying at Auberne St Antoine and loved the convenience and ambience of the restaurant. Food was wonderful, beautifully presented and it was an enjoyable evening. Service was good but there were a few items of attention that were missed for such a highly rated restaurant. Waters weren't refilled, additional coffee not offered, napkins not refolded...apologies if this sound snobbish but it's more comparison statement.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/24/2014Food was fabulous but our waiter was very snooty and rude.Special Features:
- Lovely dinner at PanacheVoltaireVIPDined on 4/28/2014Many people told us that this restaurant was one of the best — if not THE best — in Quebec City. The food did not disappoint. An exquisite meal in a comfortable yet refined setting. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- Beyond Compare!FullStomachsDined on 4/27/2014We were visiting Quebec City (from Maine) for our anniversary and staying at the hotel (Auberge Saint-Antoine). A friend of a friend said Panache was their favorite dining spot in the city - where they sometimes go just for the food! We were sold! Absolutely delicious. I would compare it to the White Barn Inn in Kennebunk, Maine. But beware... its expensive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A+ dining experienceJJ1617Dined on 4/27/2014Everything about our visit was outstanding -- service, food and ambiance were top notch. We will definitely be returning to this fabulous restaurant. If you're looking for a special dining experience, I highly recommend Panache.Special Features:
- Great Experienceselective5Dined on 4/24/2014Panache is truelly the best! We were in Quebec for 2 days to celebrate 25 years together and Panache stands out as a reason to revisit this wonderful city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decevant pour un relaisNanterreDined on 4/22/2014Nous avons profité du programme Québec-Exquis pour voir si nos impressions précédentes dans ce restaurant auraient changés. Malheureusement nous sommes repartis avec la même idée. Pas a la hauteur de ce que nous avons l'habitude de trouver dans un Relais et Château , la nourriture était tout ce qu'il y a de plus simple. La vaisselle ressemble a de la vaisselle de cantine . Nous ne recommandons pas ce restaurant pour le prix du repas (en temps normal) et le prix du vin exorbitant.
- Wow!CocoDined on 4/19/2014We had a great time at Panache. The service and the food were excellent.Special Features:
- Great food. The wine pairingsGermanDined on 3/21/2014Great food. The wine pairings were a bit over prized compared to the food. The toilet on second floor (one room was over frequented and could have been cleaned during the evening. The food was outstanding and compensated for everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic in every way!AallDined on 3/14/2014No detail is overlooked. Service was personal and excellent. Beautiful restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousssloDined on 3/6/2014Be sure to ask for Yann, the sommelier, to pair wines with the food. He is excellent as is the rest of the staff. A real gem in Quebec!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Brunch ambiancePete69Dined on 3/2/2014We are very please to have had our family brauch at this very nice location. We recommand this restaurant to all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good experienceJda2602Dined on 2/28/2014Attentive service. Sommelier was willing to suggest less expensive alternative than his first choice. Good bilingual service. Offered English or French menu. Staff explained food well in either language. Food on signature menu was interesting. Right quantities for the number of courses. Uniformly well prepared, presented and served. Give yourself at least two to three hours to enjoy this experience. Beautiful setting in restored 18th-century building.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sumptuous and comfortably cozypeterfDined on 2/27/2014Delicious food, a table by the fireplace and fine wine always results in a wonderful evening. Attentive but not obtrusive, the staff was welcoming, knowledgeable and helpful. Despite entertaining a large party upstairs, we never felt hurried or ignored. The menu offered a number of interesting dishes in every category, and, after a long trip, it was a relief to just walk downstairs from our room for a relaxing evening with fois gras by the fire.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Merveilleux!!CoachjudeDined on 2/26/2014Everything about Panache is a delight to the senses. The ambience, decor, comfort and food all create an experience one will want to repeat again soon. Such a great spot indeed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnderwhelmingTorontoFoodieVIPDined on 2/21/2014Positives: great service, a beautiful dining room, tasty food. Unfortunately, ultimately neither the food nor the wine was as good as the prices would have you believe. $300+ for two people sharing one bottle of decent wine, no cocktails, with appetizers, mains and one dessert? No, for that price the food needs to be spectacular, not just tasty.Special Features:
- Awesome dining experiencePeteyDined on 2/20/2014We had a great dinner after a long drive. I would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beautiful venue, amazing foodSBBraunDined on 2/17/2014Panache was fantastic, food was amazing, great service and what a beautiful building and location.Special Features:
- Great birthday celebrationFoodisFunVIPDined on 2/17/2014We had a wonderful time with fabulous food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GemCanuckDined on 2/16/2014Panache is a gem of a place. The setting, a 17th century storehouse has been beautifully preserved. The service is excellent and so is the food - chef uses local/seasonal produce, but the attention to detail and depth of flavour is spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary MemoriesCherylDined on 2/16/2014We were in Quebec for our 25th wedding anniversary and couldn't have picked a more wonderful place for a romantic night out. The food was simply fabulous...the staff was very attentive and engaging...and the restaurant itself was lovely stone, wood and warm lighting. PERFECT! PARFAIT MERCISpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spectacular Valentine's DinnerNomNomDined on 2/14/2014We dined on Valentine's night with a set menu and were treated to an absolutely amazing gastronomic delight. All told we had 9 courses of varying sizes all of which flowed one into the other beautifully. These were complimented by a specially selected drinks menu which changed with every course to accompany each new dish. The atmosphere was excellent within a stunning dining room in an old warehouse revitalised. Very attentive staff who were always on hand to ensure the experience was as enjoyable as possible. Great all round.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best tasting menus everOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/10/2014Absolutely loved the ambience, the service was top-rated and the food among the best we've ever enjoyed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must!MaudeDined on 2/9/2014Panache was everything we had hoped it would be. Amazing food, service and atmosphere. Waitstaff was experienced, friendly and helpful. The food was amazing! This restaurant is expensive but we felt it was worth every penny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panache - the Chef's MenuClaireDined on 2/9/2014Had an absolutely delicious dinner, just perfect for the special occasion that we were celebrating. We went with the Chef's Menu and the classic wine pairing. The each wine chosen complimented the course perfectly. The food was presented in a very appealing manner and the delectable portions were just right. The serving staff were very gracious and happy to speak in both French and English. The venue is a beautifully restored heritage building. It was a very memorable evening and we are so pleased we went. It is expensive but a wonderful treat for a special occasion. Should we find ourselves in Quebec again, we would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!SteveDined on 2/4/2014My friends and I were in the area skiing and wanted to have dinner at a nice restaurant. My wife found Panache online. It's located on the base of the river in a hotel. The location is beautiful. My friend had a birthday coming up and his wife wanted a bottle of wine waiting for him. The staff had an amazing wine selected based on what we were looking for and a card done with a message from her at our request. The food was amazing. They have traditional french meals cooked with a modern concept in mind. Everything was perfect. The prices were very reasonable for such a quality restaurant in a tourist area. I will be going there again when I return to Quebec City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ambience was terrific. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/23/2014Ambience was terrific. Food expensive but only average. The lamb chop was fatty and difficult to cut. The service was very good.Special Features:
- Decieved.JachappyknifeDined on 1/19/2014Expected more for à Relais et Châteaux. The brunch was ordinary. No more to say.Special Features:
- Simply divinePasqantoDined on 1/10/2014This restaurant is exceptionally beautiful and every detail is well thought out. The service was beyond compare and the food, exceptional. It is very pricy, however, about $100 per person for food alone. But, well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Notre plat principale n'etaitmarilouDined on 1/6/2014Notre plat principale n'etait pas ce a quoi on s'attendait. Une viande qui baigne dans une sauce ne goute Que la sauce filet angus entoure d'oignon et une Cote d'agneau dans un jus. Les entrees et les desserts Etait parcontre tred reussi a notre avisSpecial Features:
- RomanticOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/6/2014The Pananche is the most romantic restaurant in Québec city. Ande the food is délicious. The sommelier is also very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding... but pricey.MarkyMtlDined on 1/1/2014It was my birthday and since we were in Qc City, we thought of going big with Panache. Located in a splendid hotel (Auberge Saint-Antoine), the Tasting Menu was an obvious choice, and nothing was hidden in terms of cost. We knew it would be expensive. The overall experience was amazing: the portions were good but not gigantic, which enables enough appetite for all services. We also chose the optional wines tasting that can come with it, and all of them were very interesting. I was secretly hoping for a few more drops in my glass, but again, it was standard ounces, so I cannot complain. In the end, though, for what we had, the bill was about 15% too much from what we would be willing to pay. And coming from Montreal, we know our food value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prices are too high for theBernpotVIPDined on 1/1/2014Prices are too high for the quality of the food. Food is OK, but not at the level the prices would suggest.
- Rustic PanacheBillDined on 12/29/2013We ate at Panache on a Sunday night in late December. The restaurant is in an old Quebec City house (stone walls, exposed wooden rafters etc) but has been done up with sophisticated lighting and décor. When we were there, it was cold and snowy outside, and the fire inside was beautiful. The food, wines, and service we all excellent, but that is what we expected from this tier of restaurant, located in a Relais and Chateaux inn. Why not a fifth star for food or service? We'd hoped to be surprised with one of those culinary revelations you come across from time to time in fine restaurants, but found that although there was certainly nothing amiss with our meal, Panache missed out on the spark we were looking for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Local with a French flairAmyBethDined on 12/28/2013We had a spectacular meal at Panache on our recent trip to Quebec for New Year's. We (my husband, step-daughter and son-in-law) were all staying at the Auberge St. Antoine and had just arrived after a long drive. Nothing could be more comforting or welcoming than Panache, where the beautifully lit space and calm atmosphere enveloped us. We all had the tasting menu with classic wine pairings, and the food was beautifully prepared and presented. I loved getting extras, like the amuse bouche, and we were given an extra small plate of gorgeous turnips. (Yes, you read that right. :-) The fois gras was just perfect - not too much - and the scallops were amazing. The service was very attentive, but not overbearing. A "must"!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Une ambiance chaleureuse etLouguyVIPDined on 12/26/2013Une ambiance chaleureuse et un excellent service! Très bonne cuisine.Special Features:
- Wonderful Christmas dinnerVisitorDined on 12/26/2013Went with my parents during our Christmas vacation and dinner was wonderful. Our waitress forgot about us at one point and one of our sides. But every dish was delicious and the setting is very cozy, especially next to the fireplace.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can I say more!OpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 12/26/2013Soup to nuts this restaurant is fantastic. It was the best meal during our stay in Quebec!Special Features:
- expected betterJosephaDined on 12/26/2013The starter (paté) was very insepid - no taste. The duck as a main was very good and so was the pasta with trufle. The dessert was "undefinable" with no concrete identifiable taste except for the part that had some ice cream. The service was quite cold (stiff?) but attentive. the room was very cozy and comfortable with the beautiful modern fireplace in the centre. I would reccommend the place for the main dishes only and the cozy, appealing atmosphere.Special Features:
- very nice but not worth the priceLiLKidneysDined on 12/25/2013we went here for Christmas dinner. limited choices of the menu. we had the sommelier choose a wine pairing, and it wasnt very good. the service was cordial, not nearly as friendly or attentive as we found at other top restaurants in Quebec, and in fact not as good as we had in lower priced establishments in Montreal and Quebec city. classic indicators that their high ratings have gone to their heads or they have been reading their own press clippings, and the overall quality has declined. pass up Panache and go to Le Patriarche which is more deserving of the number one rating in Quebec.Special Features: