1725 Desales St., NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 293-7760
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-11pm; Saturday 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm Monday-Friday $5 beer, wine, cocktails and tapas.
- Special Events: Panache can:
Hold up to 75 people for 3 course fixed menu.
Hold up to 150 people for buffet style dinner & stand up cocktail.
Private parties may rent out the restaurant for a minimum, no fees.
Happy Hour parties under 30 people may reserve space at the the bar.
- Cross Street: Between L/M and 17th/Conn.
- Public Transit: Farragut North Metro Station, take Connecticut Ave towards L St or Dupont Circle.
Pass the Mayflower Hotel, right
on Desales St.
Restaurant located on the left hand side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For dinner parties of two or more we validate parking at the PMI garage next door to the restaurant.
A word from Panache Restaurant
There is no denying Panache's elegance. The walls are done in a soft shade of wheat, the bar is long and sleek and bouquets of flowers dot the dining room. The dining room chairs are bright yellow, 1950s style lounge artwork hangs on the walls and some weekend nights, the line to get in stretches down the block. It's a jolt of energy across the street from the quiet Mayflower Hotel. Panache serves a range of small plates that make up a gustatory tour of Europe and beyond. Diners can also order one of the larger plates, which include seared Ahi Tuna with a Mango Salsa and Rack of Lamb with Pommery Mustard and Whipped Potatoes. A Three course menu is offered nightly for $35. Additional features are added every week for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
84 reviews since July 25, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (28)fit for foodies (28)great for lunch (22)romantic (20)special occasion (20)great for outdoor dining (15)good for groups (15)vibrant bar scene (8)late-night find (4)notable wine list (3)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- Delightful experiencePanacheDined on 2/19/2014Where to start? The service was superior. Mo walked us through the menu, the specials, the tapas and the prix fix menu. He was extremely knowledgeable of the ingredients in each dish so was helpful in our menu selections. The food was delicious! The potato encrusted fish with sweet potato straws melted in my mouth. My husband's lobster ravioli was perfect. We had a delightful evening even as the restaurant got crowded and energetic!! We will definitely go back to sample some of the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was ok...aohamlinDined on 2/15/2014Was under the impression location was a bit fancier by website. Arbor mist sangria.. Fail...food was just ok. Did like the free white Russian shots given by bartender. Seems like a decent spot to drink if in the area. As a food spot I will not be returning.Special Features:
- Very good food at good pricePhilVIPDined on 2/10/2014I always order the lambb chops, excellent The tapas menu is very good.Special Features:
- Never got a tableAlexisVIPDined on 2/8/2014We had cocktails and some tapas. The food was good, but not outstanding. We made these reservations over a month ago and arrived exactly on time to find that they didn't have a table for us. We got crammed into this tiny table at the bar that held all of our food, but only just. Overall it wasn't a bad experience, but between not having a real table and being right by the opening and closing door, we probably won't be going back.Special Features:
- Almost ExcellentEastCoastGuyVIPDined on 2/7/2014We really enjoyed our visit to Panache this weekend. We were a party of three and all pretty hungry. We arrived just on time for our reservation at 8:30 pm, and we were seated right away. It is a nice-sized place with a great layout. The service was quick and professional. We didn't notice until arriving that they have a really nice tapas menu, and so we decided to dig-in. Absolutely every tapas dish was excellent, and our favorites were the diver scallops St. Jaques, the hotl portabello mushrooms with whipped goat cheese, the prosciutto wrapped dates, and the lamb chops (maybe the best chops that I have had in DC). Also, our friend had a cookie dough martini that smelled and tasted like fun. Only dessert was a let-down.Special Features:
- Excellent scallopsDCdinerDined on 2/1/2014The food was very good. It was a little quiet for our taste that night. We were looking for something a little more lively, but the lounge next to the restaurant was empty. The service and the food were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and venue!Pat1Dined on 1/30/2014Nice and open atmosphere, great food, great for lunch! Tucked away from busy DCSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeWizFanVIPDined on 1/28/2014Good happy hour prices. Came on a Monday night. One of the coldest nights in DC and State of the Union Night, so that might have cut the crowd. Can see how it could be a tight fight, not a lot of space at the bar. The dining area is all right, but it if there had been more traffic I also could see how it also would be a close encounter. That said, everyone in my group of four had good experiences. Bouillabaisse very flavorful. I'd go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall Good RestaurantLeilaniDined on 1/24/2014I'd been here before and had ordered the risotto, which was crunchy and undercooked. I asked them if they could cook it longer, but it still wasn't great. Although the other food we'd ordered was good. I decided to give it another try and it was a much better experience. This time the food did not disappoint. I would have to go again to determine if the first night I'd gone was a fluke or if this place isn't consistent. But, I would try it again.
- Great lamb chops and tapasOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/17/2014Tiramisu was more like cake, but crime brûlée was good. Lamb chops, steak were deliciousI would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!TinaDined on 1/16/2014Loved this place - great business and personal meetings.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!MarielleVIPDined on 1/11/2014We had such a great dinner at Panache! Everything from the service, the seating, the ambiance to the outstanding food. We are going back this weekend to celebrate my upcoming birthday and we know that we will return many more times. KudosSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place, terrific diningSFmeVIPDined on 1/7/2014I went here for dinner with a group of 8 colleagues. Our server was wonderful and we enjoyed a combination of tapas and entrees. The desserts were disappointing after such a terrific meal, but everything else was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late lunch during the holidaysRestaurantWeekFoodieDined on 12/26/2013This was a great restaurant with an excellent selection of tapas, salads, entrees and "to die for" desserts. Panache was easy to find, has great access to public transportation along with nearby parking garages yet also has valet parking. The restaurant was quiet in the afternoon during the holidays so it was wonderful for a group. We enjoyed this venue with a small group and then went around the corner to the National Geographic museum. Loved everything about Panache. Enjoy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Comfortableilym420Dined on 12/23/2013We had read reviews about Panache and wanted to check it out since it was close to my office; we went on a week night and were spoiled by the attention (recurring theme during the holiday season) because there were only about 10 patrons in the venue. The wait staff was excellent. We plan to return on a Thursday/Friday when the place should have more patrons to check our critique when the place is "jumping."
- Nice lunchCBR41Dined on 12/18/2013My co worker and I had lunch here again and it's great.Special Features:
- Birthday dinnerMechamDined on 12/16/2013Took my bf there for his/our bdays-- and enjoyed the food-- went kind of late so we had to order fast-- they found a candle for the dessert-- so that was nice-- great food-- nice environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OK foodYummyinmytummtDined on 12/13/2013we got the three course deal. I was not very impressed...it was only OK. I was expecting something great considering all the other reviews!Special Features:
- Incredible Food! Mediocre Service.DCDinerDined on 12/6/2013If the other aspects of the restaurant matched up to the level of the food, this place would be superb. We had appetizers, entrees, and desserts, all of which were incredible! However, the service was infrequent, impersonal, and inattentive. And even with few other parties in the restaurant at the time, the noise level was surprisingly high. It's not that the other people were being particularly loud, but somehow the sound was quite amplified. It detracted from our romantic anniversary dinner a bit. We will likely return to Panache, only because of the food. While the service was adequate, they should really up their game to give the place a higher-end feel and give their customers a better overall experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food close by hotel!CaliforniaJimDined on 12/3/2013Literally across a side street from the Mayflower Hotel. Great food well prepared and plenty if it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good mealWarrenGDined on 11/22/2013Dining out here was a very good experience. Service was attentive, food tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't do it!TravelersDined on 11/19/2013Went with a group of coworkers. The restaurant was out of menu items and several drink choices.
- Always GoodJaywestVIPDined on 11/19/2013I can't say enough about this place. the food is always good. The service is excellent and the ambiance is wonderful. A hidden gem tucked away on a small side street.Special Features:
- National Geo SpotWaugieDined on 11/19/2013Nice little restaurant around the corner from the National Geographic Museum and Theater. The staff attention was well timed as we enjoyed our food and drinks before the show. Will definitely try to get back when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Do dine hereDesnaDCVIPDined on 11/15/2013I am surprised that I had not heard about Panache before. The spicy chicken salad, flavorful baked salmon, delicious scallops were just wonderful. The service was outstanding. Please give this restaurant a try, you will not be sorry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceJaywestVIPDined on 11/9/2013This is one of the best kept secrets in DC. The food is excellent, the service is good and the ambiance is fine. The price/quality ratio is extremely high. I would deefinitely reccomend.Special Features:
- Great experience!restonresidentDined on 11/6/2013Had dinner here with a relative from out of town based on reviews. Did not disappoint. Shared a variety of tapas, each one better than the other. The tuna tartare was my favorite. My dinner companion loved the dates wrapped in proscuitto. Service was impeccable.Special Features:
- Great resturantDionVIPDined on 11/1/2013The resturant was nice. The TV's were very small. The best suprise on the dish was the Asparagus. It was cooked well and flavorful (and im pretty particular about my Aspara) The Filet Minon was tender but abit fatty. abourt 20% of the steak was fat and I just ate around it. My wife's Wine was $10 for an average glass that was a little less than half full. We were highly dissapointed in this given how much we paid for the portion at other resturants. Some mellow music would've been nice and I had to ask the waiter for water refill twice. I asked for no ice but he kept pouring out the side of the canister allowing ice to fall in.Special Features:
- Nice Run of the Mill PlaceJaywestVIPDined on 10/26/2013Nice place, tucked away on a side street, good food, service and pricing. Would probably return.
- PanacheeuroVIPDined on 10/26/2013I had a blast, great food, service, and bar staff. Very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep the Bread ComingCaltagVIPDined on 10/26/2013Ever eat at one of those places where the sauces are so good you have to keep getting more bread? Three of our tapas fit this description. The Shrimp with Garlic, the Mussels Provencale, and most notably, the incredible Carciofi and Prosciutto. The sauce the artichokes came in was extraordinary and we will go back just to have that dish. The shrimp were slightly overcooked and the blackened salmon was a bit too small to taste the salmon with all the blackening (full disclosure; my wife loved it.) The Olive Tapenade was very good, the Rockfish wrapped in Potato was a delicious recommendation, the salamis on the antipasto were superb while the cheese was OK. I don't recommend the Portobellas with goat cheese, but the wife disagrees.Special Features:
- Very nice evening--they evenyummyDined on 10/25/2013Very nice evening--they even brought us a glass of champagne to celebrate our anniversary! Food and service and ambiance were all nice. I wouldn't call this a foodie's restaurant-- everything was good, but "been done" as far as couplings and menu entrees...tho they do it all well. Waiter timed his presence well with bringing out drink, bread, entrees, etc...and the restaurant was a perfect noise level--we could easily have a nice conversation. An enjoyable evening at a well-located restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never been disappointed . . .TomCDined on 10/24/2013I've been to Panache many times over the years and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and reasonable.Special Features:
- It was an overall very pleasantFoodyDined on 10/19/2013It was an overall very pleasant dining experience. The flavors of all the food dishes were really nice and I would definitely go and eat there again.Special Features:
- Just overall ok. I wouldn'tfoodloverVIPDined on 10/12/2013Just overall ok. I wouldn't go out of my way to come here. The food was decent, but not memorable. I didn't really like how they give each person one piece of stale bread in different sizes vs. just giving a bread basket for the table.
- Nice quiet dinner.Andhunt2011Dined on 10/9/2013Dinner was good. They were very adequate with service. 8/10Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quiet tuesdayandre1010Dined on 10/8/2013don't know if this is due to the furlough, but the restaurant was mostly empty and very quiet. the food and service was both good. Had both tapas and the salads...everything was cooked well. Loved the thai salad!I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was better than anythingfoodfriendlyDined on 10/7/2013The food was better than anything I had expected out of this quiet little restaurant. I would recommend this for date night or just having a good dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch at PanacheLABVVIPDined on 10/7/2013A friend and I recently enjoyed lunch at Panache. The nicest part was the service, specifically, we were there to both have lunch and visit over a few hours. We were not rushed through to turn over the table. It was not busy, so we didn't feel like we were holding up their business as we lingered. The food was good, and the noise level is quiet enough that you can easily speak to the people you came with.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Setting, But...NotPleasedDined on 10/5/2013The menu items are rather expensive so you would want the food to taste like it didn't come out of a box or the low budget store freezer. The mashed potatoes tasted like they were flakes from a box with just water added. The crab cakes tasted horrible, had way to much filler, and was mostly claw meat. At $30, the only good thing on the plate were the vegetables. Service was great and I still tipped at well above the standard 20%, but will never go back.