1725 Desales St., NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: (202) 293-7760
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-11pm; Saturday 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm Monday-Friday $5 beer, wine, cocktails and tapas.
- Special Events: Panache can:
Hold up to 75 people for 3 course fixed menu.
Hold up to 150 people for buffet style dinner & stand up cocktail.
Private parties may rent out the restaurant for a minimum, no fees.
Happy Hour parties under 30 people may reserve space at the the bar.
- Cross Street: Between L/M and 17th/Conn.
- Public Transit: Farragut North Metro Station, take Connecticut Ave towards L St or Dupont Circle.
Pass the Mayflower Hotel, right
on Desales St.
Restaurant located on the left hand side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For dinner parties of two or more we validate parking at the PMI garage next door to the restaurant.
A word from Panache Restaurant
There is no denying Panache's elegance. The walls are done in a soft shade of wheat, the bar is long and sleek and bouquets of flowers dot the dining room. The dining room chairs are bright yellow, 1950s style lounge artwork hangs on the walls and some weekend nights, the line to get in stretches down the block. It's a jolt of energy across the street from the quiet Mayflower Hotel. Panache serves a range of small plates that make up a gustatory tour of Europe and beyond. Diners can also order one of the larger plates, which include seared Ahi Tuna with a Mango Salsa and Rack of Lamb with Pommery Mustard and Whipped Potatoes. A Three course menu is offered nightly for $35. Additional features are added every week for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
85 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.7Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (30)neighborhood gem (28)special occasion (21)romantic (20)great for lunch (20)good for groups (15)great for outdoor dining (14)vibrant bar scene (9)late-night find (4)notable wine list (4)kid-friendly (3)hot spot (3)great for brunch (2)Show More
- I have a few suggestions.OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/26/2008I have a few suggestions. If the kitchen doorway near the bathroom was to be covered it would maintain the ambiance of the resturant. Perhaps covering the doorway with some sort of elegant door beads or other tasteful door cover would do the trick. It was a bit humid in the resturant but our great waitress did her best to make us comfortable. The food was great! We had a great time.Special Features:
- Fun place for a small group.MDFoodiesVIPDined on 7/24/2008Fun place for a small group. The mezze or half plates are terrific, especially since there are so many choices you can't decide on one anyway!Special Features:
- There was a table of reallyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/21/2008There was a table of really loud obnoxious people in the restaurant that didn't care about anyone else, but hard to hit the restaurant for that. The food and decor were great and the entire staff from waiters to bartenders were great. I'm definitely going back!Special Features:
- There were very few peopleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/12/2008There were very few people there and the service was still quite slow in getting our drinks freshened. We shared 5 different hot tapas and they were all excellent. The calamari fritti was the best!Special Features:
- Although the food was a bitOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008Although the food was a bit pricey, it was well worth it. Our entire party decided to order the Family Platter composed of all sorts of tapas. The variety, abundance, and types of food that were brought out were absolutely amazing. From calamri, to lamb chops, the food just kept coming and coming. The service was excellent. Our server always checked up on the group and knew what the event was about, so she paid close attention to the celebrant and made sure he was having a great time. Free shots on the house was offered as well! By the end of dinner our bellies reached it's full capacity, at least thats what we thought, until dessert came out; cheese and chocolate cakes, strawberries, and coffee cake was devoured within minutes.Special Features:
- Food served and presentedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/11/2008Food served and presented well. Table was wobbly. Appealing European atmosphere.Special Features:
- Was very nice. Very loudOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/11/2008Was very nice. Very loud becuse we opted to sit outside and there were alot of delivery trucks.
- The bread and barely herbedOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/10/2008The bread and barely herbed butter brought to the table was not the expected garlicky spread that we had heard about. However, the filet mignon was tender, juicy and good with the garlic mashed potatoes even though the accompanying asparagus were slightly overdone. The pesto chicken fettucine was just okay probably because it was almost soggy with sauce. It does have a very good atmosphere, though, and there was a good amount of people at the bar enjoying happy hour.Special Features:
- Small tables for serving Tapas.OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/8/2008Small tables for serving Tapas. The one dish we wanted--they were out of. Expected more...
- The service was great andNicoled720Dined on 7/1/2008The service was great and the food was so fresh. The overall presentation of the food was beautiful. I will definitely invite my clients to have future lunches at Panache.Special Features:
- Panache continues to be onejustareviewDined on 6/30/2008Panache continues to be one of my lunchtime favorite spots. I love the menu that provides oppotunities to eat lite or eat well. I look forward to every opportunity to dine there.Special Features:
- A great find a on a smallmrpiiiDined on 6/25/2008A great find a on a small side street. This means the outdoor dining is not overwhelmed by the traffic noise. One warning -- ask for your salad dressing on the side.Special Features:
- Consistently good, as usual,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/20/2008Consistently good, as usual, and the service is great. The place did seem cleaner -- keep up the good work.Special Features:
- Have made Panache a regularElRicVIPDined on 6/17/2008Have made Panache a regular spot for lunch. Food has been consistently excellent.Special Features:
- What an awesome place! TheOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/14/2008What an awesome place! The food and service were outstanding and my friends and I were very impressed by the ambiance and transition from restaurant to late night club! Thanks so much, CarolineSpecial Features:
- The food here was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/2/2008The food here was great. However, it was almost too loud.Special Features:
- Three house salads were orderedDallas2014Dined on 6/2/2008Three house salads were ordered -- 2 w/ shrimp, 1 w/ calamarie. I kept being served a house salad w/out the calamarie. The salad just kept coming and going. I was asked several times what I wanted. For some reason this salad option caused a problem.Special Features:
- Good food. Reasonably priced.OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 5/28/2008Good food. Reasonably priced. great service. = Worth it!Special Features:
- We really enjoy dining atOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/28/2008We really enjoy dining at Panache -- and dine there fairly often. We enjoy it because it's small, the service is good, and the menu is good. But you need to update the chairs/furniture -- these are getting a little dirty/tacky. Sometimes the bread dishes on the table are very greasy. Otherwise, it's a great place.Special Features:
- Excellent food and good service.TJTJDined on 5/27/2008Excellent food and good service. Very nice lunch location and outside seating is surpringly quiet, even just off Connecticut Ave. Will definitely return!Special Features:
- This was my second visit andElRicVIPDined on 5/23/2008This was my second visit and it was as good as the first time a week before.Special Features:
- Great for weekend dining beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/17/2008Great for weekend dining before 8/9 PM. Even though the area is a very vibrant night-spot, because the crowds don't come in until much later in the evening. there is plenty of time to have a slow, relaxing dinner and conversation (without the shouting and background noise). Bonus - plenty of nearby parking. The service could be better, though.Special Features:
- Panache lives up to its name.ElRicVIPDined on 5/14/2008Panache lives up to its name. Excellent food and very pleasant ambiance.Special Features:
- Our experience was very good.JED3Dined on 5/11/2008Our experience was very good. While the service was a little uneven at first, our server picked it up significantly and was very attentive. The food was absolutely wonderful. But what made the meal (besides very warm space) was an unexpected break on our bill after it was discovered that the website had a mistake on it that insinuated that the champagne for everyone was "bottomless" and not just for Mom. They wound up taking the entire bar bill off of our tab, which was not only unexpected, but way above and beyind the call of duty. We will defintely be back.Special Features:
- Food was excellent and theHZ29VIPDined on 5/10/2008Food was excellent and the service was friendly and attentive. The inside is nice, but I would like to go back when the weather is better and take advantage of the outdoor seating area.Special Features:
- They're happy hour drink specialsEmr8VIPDined on 5/7/2008They're happy hour drink specials go until 7pm, so make sure you stick to that schedule. When we ordered our 2nd round of drinks at 7:03 (I'm not exaggerating), our waiter refused to give us the happy hour special. Kind of silly, if you ask me, especially considering the amount of food we'd ordered. Needless to say, not eager to get back there for happy hour any time soon. Good thing there's plenty of other places to go to!Special Features:
- Panache is fabulous - wonderfulMarthaVIPDined on 5/7/2008Panache is fabulous - wonderful food, great service and excellent location. My colleague and I had a very enjoyable experience dining there.Special Features:
- The food was great. A littleOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008The food was great. A little disapointed that you didnt have a drink that was advertised on your online happy hour menu (it's just pineapple juice and malibu rum on ice). The ladies room needs some repairs and the table cloth on the table needed to be cleaned. Also- it's kind of unprofessional to complain about your boss loudly enough for the rest of the restaurant to hear. Other than that everything was great- we will be sure to stop by again when we're in the area!Special Features:
- pretty good all the way around,OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/2/2008pretty good all the way around, except none of the lunch dishes - shrimp scampi, mussles etc. come with pasta...just a small bowl of the shrimp or mussels - small is fine, but where is the pasta???Special Features:
- I enjoyed sitting outside.jwh37VIPDined on 5/1/2008I enjoyed sitting outside. The food was very good, and the atmosphere was nice.Special Features:
- Haven't been to Panache forOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/28/2008Haven't been to Panache for a few years. Was pleasantly surprised to find large choice of entrees (as well as tapas). The entree were large portioned and arrived hot and well plated. There was some delay between order and food delivery, but was a peak of lunch rush hour. Prices were reasonable for the amount of food received. Would definitely return.Special Features:
- I came to Panache with severalOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 4/26/2008I came to Panache with several girlfriends to celebrate my birthday and had a great experience. Our server was fabulous and we really loved the cocktail menu. The doors at the front of the restaurant were open creating a nice outdoor feel. I look forward to going back!Special Features:
- This was my second time forOpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 4/23/2008This was my second time for lunch at Panache - the first time was in December 07, the food and service were very very good. This time, we got a table on the sidewalk which was very nice, but our waiter (who was great when he was there) seemed to have forgotten us after we got our entrees and then never came back to ask us if we wanted dessert and by the time we did see him, we needed to leave. I think it's because we were outside and not as visible or maybe because they were short staffed. The food was very good except for the beef skewers which were very tough and we ended up not finishing them. We did enjoy the nice outdoor table on a quiet street across from the Mayflower. I will go back another time because I know it's a nice place
- We celebrated Admin Professional'sOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/23/2008We celebrated Admin Professional's Day. Our waiter was fantastic and made the experience more enjoyable than past ones at this restaurant. I've always had a good experience at lunch time; evenings are a different story (i.e., the ladies room isn't kept up-to-par). As always, the food was delicious. Everyone had a good time and we will go back. Again, the waiter was exceptional.Special Features:
- Very dependable place forArlingtonfoodhoundDined on 4/18/2008Very dependable place for lunch. Friendly service, tasty variety of mezzas.Special Features:
- The tapas are excellent andFoodgloriousfoodDined on 4/11/2008The tapas are excellent and reasonably priced. Staff is friendly but not efficient. Worth going if you have time for a relaxed evening.Special Features:
- They are trying hard, andOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/2/2008They are trying hard, and the food is good, but the place is noisy and hard to hear your meal partner.Special Features:
- I am never disappointed whenmaryg204VIPDined on 4/1/2008I am never disappointed when I dine at Panache. It's a great spot!Special Features:
- George Stephanopoulos andOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/28/2008George Stephanopoulos and the ABC crowd can be seen in the restaurant at lunch, as it is down the block. The food and ambiance are good but not fancy. This is a perfect choice for a bit of people watching with a tasty lunch that is not overpriced by comparison to most in this area.Special Features:
- I was actually surprised thatOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 3/21/2008I was actually surprised that the restaurant was so empty on a Friday for lunch. The food was very good and the desserts divine!Special Features: