1725 Desales St., NW
Washington, DC 20036Neighborhood:
Modern EuropeanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2022937760x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday -Thursday: 11:30am - 10:00pm; Friday: 11:30am-11pm; Saturday 5pm-12am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Happy Hour from 4pm to 7pm Monday-Friday $5 beer, wine, cocktails and tapas.
- Special Events: Panache can:
Hold up to 75 people for 3 course fixed menu.
Hold up to 150 people for buffet style dinner & stand up cocktail.
Private parties may rent out the restaurant for a minimum, no fees.
Happy Hour parties under 30 people may reserve space at the the bar.
- Cross Street: Between L/M and 17th/Conn.
- Public Transit: Farragut North Metro Station, take Connecticut Ave towards L St or Dupont Circle.
Pass the Mayflower Hotel, right
on Desales St.
Restaurant located on the left hand side.
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: For dinner parties of two or more we validate parking at the PMI garage next door to the restaurant.
A word from Panache Restaurant
There is no denying Panache's elegance. The walls are done in a soft shade of wheat, the bar is long and sleek and bouquets of flowers dot the dining room. The dining room chairs are bright yellow, 1950s style lounge artwork hangs on the walls and some weekend nights, the line to get in stretches down the block. It's a jolt of energy across the street from the quiet Mayflower Hotel. Panache serves a range of small plates that make up a gustatory tour of Europe and beyond. Diners can also order one of the larger plates, which include seared Ahi Tuna with a Mango Salsa and Rack of Lamb with Pommery Mustard and Whipped Potatoes. A Three course menu is offered nightly for $35. Additional features are added every week for lunch.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked 1000-Point Tables
Panache Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Panache Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)romantic (27)great for lunch (25)great for outdoor dining (24)fit for foodies (22)special occasion (21)good for groups (20)vibrant bar scene (11)late-night find (8)great for brunch (7)notable wine list (7)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- Always GreatrtesmerVIPDined on 8/22/2014Food is always great, and sometimes you just have to be brave! And try something different. We did and found it to be just as great as our favorites!Special Features:
- disappointingChicagophileDined on 8/19/2014i read good reviews of this place before going there. They do have a decent wine list. I ordered a caesar salad and the ahi tuna rare. The salad looked as though it was made hours earlier and the tuna was overcooked. I will not return to this restaurant when traveling in DC in the future.Special Features:
- Great spot off the beaten pathBritDined on 8/16/2014This was my third visit to Panache while on a long-term visit to DC. The first time I dined alone for dinner. The second was with 4 colleagues for lunch. And the third time was on a date. It's a great spot for all three. For two or more, I would definitely recommend the hot and cold tapas. The basil encrusted lamb chops, blackened salmon with artichoke, and zucchini purse were all excellent. The service is quick and attentive, without making you feel rushed. The Sangria was also great, albeit pricey. I kind of like the fact that it's somewhat tucked away on a side street off Connecticut. The restaurant was busy, but not overly crowded, so you could actually have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely wonderful!!IronChefJudgewannabeDined on 8/16/2014I've been to this restaurant twice and it is worth it every single time. The wait staff is full of recommendations and you can tell they are familiar with the menu. I had the cookie martini. Very good for people who have a sweet tooth. I had the salmon with pesto and artichokes and the zucchini purse. Very good. Not only is the food great, but the plating/presentation is very good. It makes the food even better. My boyfriend got the filet mignon. It cut like butter. It was absolutely wonderful. We had the creme brulee for dessert, with the Pretty in Pink cocktail. Very nice. The food was tasty without leaving the feeling of needing a nap. The atmosphere is intimate and romantic. They have a permanent customer in me.Special Features:
- Good food and wine, but bar is loudBillDined on 8/14/2014My wife and I like this place , the food is good and they usually have a nice price fix menu. Good selections of wines and the service is good. My only complaint is that the bar can get quite loud. Also, on the evening we were there, after an enjoyable dinner, we had an incident with a drunk and obnoxious bar patron. The manager did his best to attend to the situation, but Panache needs to do a better job of ensuring that the bar patrons behave or at least stay in the bar area. It was the first time we had ever had a problem there, so we will give the place another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014My group really enjoyed this restaurant. The service was good and the selection and quality of the food was top-notch.Special Features:
- Get the TapasNiceFoodieVIPDined on 7/22/2014If you are like me and what to try everything on the menu then you are in luck. Try their tapas, which are nice portion size, and get a taste of the various items that you like. I was highly impressed with the garlic shrimp, tuna tar tar, and the chicken with chorizo.Special Features:
- Always a good experienceEstherVIPDined on 7/21/2014I've eaten at Panache several times, mostly for lunch, and have always been pleased. My date and I had dinner there the other night and had an equally positive experience. The service is attentive; the menu is interesting - great salads, tapas, full entrees; great little bread basket; and the food is very good. I think the place is pretty and the big round booths are romantic for two and equally great for a group of six or more. It's location is sweet - tucked a little off the beaten path next to the Mayflower. It's a solid choice for lunch, drinks or dinner.Special Features:
- So Many ChoicesrtesmerVIPDined on 7/18/2014Always love going here, love to try different tapas plates each time, all though its hard since some of them really are my favorites! The service is always great, love the bread / butter basket. Love the filet, LOVE the calamari, and everything else.Special Features:
- Outstanding food, service and valueJAG7VIPDined on 7/12/2014We recently treated friends out to Panache and thoroughly enjoyed the entire dining experience! The food was not only delicious, but the presentation was memorable as well. Our server was very responsive and knowledgeable, suggesting menu items which would compliment each other and enable us to share. The restaurant is conveniently located in the heart of Washington DC, making it a great match for before/after a show or walk through the city. We will certainly be returning to Panache soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cdb3cdb3Dined on 7/12/2014The food was wonderful and service was beyond great! We had a lovely romantic dining experience. Will be going back!Special Features:
- Great food, good atmosphereJsamggDined on 7/11/2014Tapas were very tasty and a very good relative price. We ordered 4 tapas between 2. 3 of them were fantastic, which is a great percentage. We had blackened salmon, filet mignon, and sliced zucchini in phyllo dough that were great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ExceptionalChrisDined on 7/11/2014Tapas are great. Fantastic service. Great with red sangria.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/8/2014Food and menu selection always great for lunch. Especially like the lamb chop tapas. Was crowded and noise level was uncomfortable and difficult to hear my friend across the table from me. Wait-staff very accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeRussianDined on 6/30/2014Very reasonable prices at such location. Just few steps form Connecticut Avenue in NW. Food is great. A wide choice of tapas, which for us looks like regular entrees, but at the lower price.Special Features:
- favoritesOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/28/2014they have an excellent tapas selection and variety of foods and flavors. I always go there for the tapas, never had an entree there because I like trying different foods.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Birthday Celebration!Gr82eatVIPDined on 6/27/2014Our son wanted to come to DC for his 13th birthday and we were looking for a dining location in walking distance to our hotel. I found Panache on Opentable.com. My go-to resource for great dining spots. We arrived at our appointed time and were given a booth seat, which I would say was the best seat in the house. The staff was both attentive and professional throughout our meal. We dined on Mozzarella Caprese, Zucchini Purse, Green Salad, Rach of Lamb, Pesto Chicken Fettucini, Red Velvet Cake, Apple Pie A La Mode and Tiramisu and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- YummyAbbyNormalDined on 6/20/2014The tapas here are reasonably priced and delicious. My husband and I split 4 small plates and cheese plate which was the perfect amount of food for 2. I could have done without the chili oil drizzled all over the cheese, just made it greasy, but other than that everything was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual Business LunchFoodiewannabeDined on 6/19/2014Service was attentive and prompt. The menu offers a number of creative combinations that our table found prepared as expected, full of flavor, and competently presented without fuss. A fine place for an informal business lunch although we had to speak loudly to overcome a lively noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- momijiDined on 6/18/2014The location is quite good. Food are great and service is excellent.Special Features:
- SaladloverDined on 6/17/2014My Citrus Chicken salad was so good that I went back the next day and ordered it again! The restaurant is tucked away, but very conveniently located for people who work in the Golden Triangle/Dupont Circle area. There was a lively group of World Cup fans at the bar when I was there, so I chose to eat outside. Lovely.Special Features:
- Small And IntimateEaterVIPDined on 6/11/2014Panache is on a side street and has a bit of a European cafe feel. The menu features tapas, which we have enjoyed in the past, particularly the grilled octupus. For this trip we had the pre-fixe three course meal. The salad was fresh with a lovely mustard dressing and the salmon was cooked perfectly, accompanied by a saffron risotto The ice creams and sorbets were a lovely ending. The wine list is diverse. If you are in the area, it's a nice alternative to most of the larger and noisier restaurants in the area.Special Features:
- Shout to be heardeattoliveDined on 6/6/2014The meal at Panache was overshadowed by the fact that our party of five could not have a conversation. It was so noisy that it was only possible to hear the person next to you if leaned in and they spoke loudly.
- Ok, but probably not returningTNrkitectVIPDined on 6/6/2014The wife and I decided to explore and try something new. We arrived right on time and were seated immediately. The restaurant had techno blaring, making everyone have to almost shout to be heard. Was the food worth the loudness? After the appetizers, no. The cesars salad was ok, but the Carpaccio Di Carne was WAY too sour, and the menu description made no indication on just how sour it was. It was bad enough that we let it be taken away half eaten. The main course was an improvemernt. The Risotto Con Frutti Di Mare, was excellent., THhe Pesto Chicken Fettucine was very good. Unfortunately, the main course did not override the loudness and appetizers, so although the place finished strong, it was not enough to make us want to go back.
- Great business lunchbjoadDined on 6/6/2014Sat outside in a beautiful day. Very accommodating service. Gaspacho was surprisingly tasty and salads were fresh crisp and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Although the meal was tasty it was almost cold. This was mention to the staff at the end of the starter. They indicated that they would inform the kitchen - it seems that this didn't happen or wasn't deemed important by the kitchen staff. The entree was brought out before the table had been cleared of the starter plates. I would not recommend this restaurant nor would I return.
- Consistently goodfoodieinfairfaxDined on 5/15/2014I've been to this restaurant three times and the food is consistently great. Also, the staff is always friendly and pleasant. The portion is generous for tapas dishes. I will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Tapasluv2finedineDined on 5/10/2014Had great time. Tapas were great. Really enjoyed it. But the ambience was not that great as seen on website galleries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible service, bad foodKcgirlDined on 5/5/2014This restaurant wil be closed soon due to its poor service and uninspired food. It's wine list is worse than a discount grocery store's. Don't waste your time or money.
- The following 753 reviews are from the Panache Restaurant reviews archive.
- Great placeSue1Dined on 4/29/2014Always have a great meal at Panache. Great service, nice people, great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a birthday or happy hourmyreviewsDined on 4/25/2014I recently hosted by birthday party there. We ordered many tapas and sangria for the table. Everyone ate well and enjoyed ourselves in this restaurant. The staff were friendly towards our group. I remember that all tapas were pretty creative and all tasted great. I say this place is great for groups as there is space to spread out. The location is not to be missed and is a great place to start the evening or hang out after work.Special Features:
- Great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/16/2014The tapas were excellent as was the wine. The server was awesome. A perfect experience!Special Features:
- foodieafficianadoDined on 4/15/2014Ginger infused cocktail, Portabella mushroom and artichoke tapas were excellent. Grilled squid was very good. Lamb chops and prosciutto wrapped dates were dry and not very good.
- I had the green salad, whichDCDinerVIPDined on 4/14/2014I had the green salad, which was very good (not unexpectedly) and the risotto, which was not. The risotto was not. The rice was undercooked and lacked flavor, although the seafood that accompanied it was fine. two of my companions had the salmon, which they both liked and the other had the pasta with chicken. She loved the pasta but wasn't happy with the chicken, although I'm not sure why.I would recommend this to a friend.
- We enjoyed the meal and weAileenDined on 4/12/2014We enjoyed the meal and we had a nice inside table next to the window. The noise level was high because there was a lot of activity in the bar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The restaurant noise was TOOOOOBabesVIPDined on 4/11/2014The restaurant noise was TOOOOO loud. You cannot even hear your own voice. The energetic noise rating is not accurate. Thank goodness for the very good food. My husband and I had the prix price menu and I enjoyed the dates wrapped in proscuitto and shrimp risotto while he had ceasar salad and rainbow trout. Been to the restaurant twice for lunch but the noise was not bad. I guess Friday night after work made the big difference.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Law Firm Staff for 4 lunchDStanleyDined on 4/11/2014Special of the day - scallops presentation and taste delicious. Service - much to be desired. Although the restaurant was not busy (we had a 1pm lunch time -- had to request water fill up twice, request for dessert menu twice. Ordered lemon with the water and requested again -- if it comes separately in a dish -- should have indicated the lemon is coming. Nonetheless tipped 25%. Why? - I don't know.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantJackDined on 4/7/2014I though the food was really good and the service was excellent. Didn't care for the music ... Kind of techno overhead and loud. The waiter kindly turned it down. They could easily change music to something more soothing. Nice restaurant. I'd go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- we went on a groupon for 8LeslieDined on 4/5/2014we went on a groupon for 8 tapas and 2 pitchers of sangria for $85. But the sangria was undrinkable kool-ade. we asked our waiter whether we could substitute glasses of wine. he said he'd have to ask the manger. we asked 3 times for the manager. we waited half an hour. By this time,our dinner arrived. We decided to order wine. There was NO by the glass listed on the wine list. we ordered the cheapest bottle of wine -- $60!!! for what is an $18 bottle of merlot. Just AFTER we had poured the wine, the waiter came back and said the manager said we could have glasses of house wine. Obviously, they wanted us to buy the wine. our groupon cost an extra $110, including 18% added tip. no room to note other service problems -- very short staffed
- Great ServicelocalmdVIPDined on 4/2/2014Our server, Mo, was fantastic. The food was very good, especially for the pricing. I would come back if in the area.I would recommend this to a friend.