447 Forest Ave
Plymouth, MI 48170Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.panache447.com/
- Phone: 7343868447
- Payment Options: MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
A word from Panache 447
Panache 447 is dedicated to providing each guest with a unique social and dining experience. From our decor to our menu, Panache delivers style.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Panache 447 reviews from OpenTable diners
- No longer PanachetimdDined on 2/15/2014My wife and I went to dinner thinking that we had reservations at Panache 447. We had been there many times and loved everything about it. We were surprised to see that Panache 447 was gone and replaced by Bamboo. They were very nice and honored our reservation, but we were a little ticked that we were not notified of the change. They were still working out some service issues, but overall it was a good experience. My wife's fish was undercooked, but the chef came out and personally offered to replace it. If only the server had come back sooner.
- Good atmosphere, average foodfoodie1242004Dined on 1/19/2014I was looking for a nice romantic place to have dinner with my husband upon his return from a work trip. The atmosphere fit the bill with the exception of the satellite radio cutting in and out. The food was bad but wasn't great either especially considering the price of the food and that there were only 2 other couples in the place while we were there. While I would not recommend this place for dinner I would recommend it for desert and drinks. They are very creative and priced comparably with other Plymouth venues in these categories.
- Okay experienceFoodie313Dined on 1/12/2014Food was okay, everything was just warm. Ordered coffee and they didn't have regular sugar, they only had sugar substitutes (chemicals).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad Menu & SmellOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/11/2014The menu was nothing like what was posted on their website and was very limited. I choose the restaurant based on their appetizer menu posted on the website because it covered the food preferences of everyone in our group, however when we got there menu was COMPLETLY different and very limited. I was embarrassed that I picked a place where four of us had such a hard time finding items to order. The menu was heavy on the fish and sushi, however when we tried to order sushi we were told it would be at least 25 minutes for a California roll! There was also had a very strong and unpleasant fish odor, to the point that we almost left and were concerned we would have a unpleasant odor on our clothes after we left. Will not go back...
- Not their best dayJDsLiverVIPDined on 1/5/2014I've dined at Panache a number of times, and usually find it to be a pleasant experience. This time was not. One of the pleasures of dining at Panache is the expertly-prepared food. While I won't speculate as to the cause, on this viist my food was poor. I ordered an omelet with ham, sausage, and spinach. When the plate arrived, I was amazed to see the predominant color on the plate was brown--a grossly overcooked omelet, and what looked like broken french fries (a big change from previous visits). The omelet was inedible, tough, and the the ingredients were overcooked as well. The spinach was brown, and the ham black and crunchy. Oddly, my three family members had decent dishes, so I didn't complain. But a big miss.
- Used to be good. Sadly, no longerAdamVIPDined on 1/3/2014This used to be one of my family's favorite restaurants. Perch? Gone. Meatballs? Gone. Seafood pasta? Gone. And replaced with? Sushi. Any menu that has meatloaf should not dabble in sushi. And the online menu hasn't been updated to reflect the MAJOR changes. The things that have stayed on the menu have gotten noticeably worse.The chicken lettuce wraps are no longer things you'd want to consume. The chicken looks extruded and has some weird spice. The saddest part was the carrot cake. It used to be the best carrot cake I've ever had. So incredibly moist. And now? It was HARD. And you could NOT taste anything other than "sweet." A table of five wasn't able to finish one piece. Bring back the old menu and quality. Then we'll be back.
- Went here for New Year, secondrsaling39Dined on 12/31/2013Went here for New Year, second year in a row. Last year was last minute and they fit us in so wasn't complaining. This year made reservation well ahead. The place wasn't full but was steady busy. Had a limited selection menu due to New Year's Eve. Food was awful. Appetizer (scallops) arrived after the main course and they removed them from the bill. Fish was cold, Prime Rib was cold, soup was cold and had to be returned. Really a shame becuase the ambiance at this place is great. However have not been burned on too many occasions with the food to be willing to return. Will look back periodically to see if others say things are improving.
- UnderwhelmedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/31/2013Good drinks and sushi. Lettuce wraps were terrible. Everyone around us was complaining about their entrees so we chose to not take the chance.
- Wasn't happy that we weren'tTommyjDined on 12/31/2013Wasn't happy that we weren't given the regular menu. I ordered the filet with mashed potatoes. I ordered my meat medium and it came out rare and the potatoes were cold. The food was too expensive for the lack of quality. I wouldn't recommend this place and I should believed bad reviews on Yelp. I didn't complain because I wanted to hurry home because of discomfort I was experiencing from surgery. My husband had the chicken pasta dish and that was okay definitely not worth the money and nothing to brag about. The place is very elegant, but it is too bad the food doesn't match it.Special Features:
- Very Plush!TiffiBDined on 12/21/2013I truly enjoyed my early dinner at Panache! Although the menu has changed a slight bit, most of my favorites were still available. The ambience is always great and the service….top notch! I'll definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our Little ChristmasBaginskiDined on 12/20/2013Everything was fine! It was cold and rainy that night. The front door was open for quite awhile for the band to bring there equip. in...was kind of cold by the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okayDcvisitorsaVIPDined on 12/7/2013The food was good but nothing memorable. I would probably go back but I'm not rushing to go back. The seafood tower is overpriced. The crab Mac n cheese and the cauliflower steak were good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and locationSpartyOnDined on 12/6/2013Food was very good and the service was exceptional. Thoroughly enjoyed my dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful! Wonderful!grendelVIPDined on 12/2/2013We were absolutely delighted with our meal at Panache. I ordered a lychee martini and Hope served it with dry ice so that it was "smoking." And the martini was superb! The menu is a bit eccentric with crab corn dogs, for example. We loved the panache of Panache! Our calamari and chicken with lettuce wraps were to die for. And my entree of Forest Masala Chicken was the best I have ever had. I guess it seems as though I am gushing and I am indeed! My husband's ahi tuna was a wee bit overcooked, but this slight indiscretion did not mar our wonderful dinner!Special Features:
- won't go backcat00308Dined on 12/1/2013We had tried to go back for a second time just to see if brunch the first time was a fluke. Sadly the2nd time in there was worse than the first...and will be the last time we go in. They were out of several items on the menu and the food we got was overcooked eggs.That being said our waitress was great and was very attentive. Too bad the restraunt cant support her with decent food and supplies. For the price you pay you can walk around the corner for an excellent brunch at the same price with impecible service. Hopefully they can get things together because the ambience is very nice and could be a great place.
- LunchVoyageurVIPDined on 11/12/2013First time dining there and found the seats rather stiff and hard. Modern decor was cool but not comfortable. Lunch sandwiches were good and especially the chips that accompany them. The carrot cake for dessert was enough for 6 or more so ask for a takeout box when ordering!
- Another great experience at PanacheGatewayFlightDined on 11/8/2013I've been to Panache numerous times for various occasions. This was the first time I made reservations through open table so I have the opportunity to leave a review which I'm happy to do. I've had an absolutely great experience every time at this restaurant and I've tried everything from the salads to the burgers (the waitress told me to try it with peanut butter and grilled onions! YUM!), to the seafood and sushi. The food is amazing, there's a great drink menu/wine list, the service is top notch and the environment is perfect for a night out with friends/family, a date, or just to have a great dinner. I actually live 45 minutes away from Plymouth and look forward to another trip to the city just for a visit to Panache!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice atmosphere!Verano1008Dined on 10/19/2013A group of 8 of us went on Sweetest Day and a Tiger playoff night. It was very slow that night and the service was great. Luckily they have tv's for the game. They had a musician playing who was good but it was too loud and we couldn't hear each other. Finally, we asked the owner if they could lower the volume and he gladly obliged. I had the Chicken Marsala which was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A small band was playing wayspc823Dined on 10/5/2013A small band was playing way too loud for conversation. Food service was slow and there were many empty tables on a Saturday night. Looks great inside with semi round booths along the wall but don't go to catch up with friends on a Saturday night!
- Not the same place as a month ago!BFusionDined on 10/5/2013This restaurant did have it's problems! NOT ANYMORE! I was delightfully surprised to find every review I have read is now wrong. The food is creative, imaginative, and delicious. It too is priced reasonably for what it is. The new chef they have is doing a tremendous job! This place has the food to survive in the competitive Downtown Plymouth market. Every aspect of our food was perfect. The service was great. They were friendly, personable, and attentive. Everything came out at the right pace. Would keep coming back here every day if I could afford it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. PriceyFoodieDined on 10/4/2013Good food. Way overpriced. Service was good however the manager or owner was rude. We recieved a special menus without the nights specials on it because I used a living social coupon. Had the scallops and meatloaf cupcakes. Presentation was nice. Scallops were still a little gritty. Also had dragon sushi it was very good and fresh. Was surprised we didn't get a soup or salad or even a table bread or anything really for the prices they charged. Service was good however food took a long time to get.
- A Jazzy NightNewYorkLikeDined on 10/4/2013Panache 447 was a wonderful dining experience. We could hear the jazz music as we neared the door. The contemporary design of the restaurant was upscale and trendy. The menu had a variety of unique choices for foodies. The Provencal tomato soup w/baked cheese and croutons was stupendous. The 5 huge scallops served over spaghetti squash with roasted tomatoes were fabulous. We finished the meal with the double chocolate chip cookie bowl, which arrived warm since it is homemade, filled with vanilla ice cream and candied pecans drizzled with chocolate sauce. Yum! The staff was friendly and accommodating which made us feel welcome. What an extraordinary dining experience! We would highly recommend Panache 447 if you like contemporary dining.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food, okay serviceACSCNSDined on 10/4/2013The food was great, from appetizers to desert, the whole meal was extremely tasty. However, the service could have been better, as we found ourselves waiting for refills constantly, and it took nearly 20 min just to get the check. The waitress was very pleasant, just a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good during restaurant weekMlutz11175Dined on 10/4/2013I had been wondering about this restaurant for a while & when I saw their restaurant week menus decided to give them a try. Included was soup, salad, entree and dessert for one fixed price, ours was $25. The pecan pineapple chicken was very good. The chicken chili was excellent....and I don't usually like chili. Big chunks of chicken, not too spicy. Finding my favorite white wine on the menu was a bonus.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too many returnsblondie64Dined on 10/4/2013When we arrived after giving my name the next ? was do you have a living social voucher. When I replied yes she took us by a booth with a reservation sign and stopped @ a small table with 2 chairs, next to the kitchen.We said no it was too busy . could we possibly have something more comfortable(booth) there were 3 booths open,but she took us to another small table in the middle of the room.we sat down.Our dining experience was bad for me,steak sent back 3 times,burnt the last time,The waitress was wonderful...but we won't return...............Cook must have an attitude!!
- Something DifferentJC48009Dined on 10/3/2013Liked the selections on the menu. Busy night so service was a little slow. Not bad but also not exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Worth Your Time or Moneyfoodie13Dined on 9/29/2013There were only four tables occupied in the restaurant at 5:30 on Sunday evening when we were sat, giving them five tables to focus on. There were two waitresses, so you would think that between them they could handle the five tables. Boy were we wrong. Service was terrible. Probably one of the worst places we have ever been to for service including chain restaurants. All we ended up ordering was a plate of four sushi rolls and a beer each because we didn't want to be there all night. As it was, we didn't leave till after 7. The sushi took about 40 minutes to arrive. And when it did we had no silverwear or plates or chop sticks. Needless to say, we got a rude response asking for plates and napkins. The audacity of us. Never again!!!
- ServiceDinerDined on 9/28/2013The food was OK. But the service was poor. When we finished our dinner, the waiter came by and gave us the check without asking if we wanted dessert. I told him that it was my wife's birthday and she was suppose to get a complimentary dessert. The waiter rudely said no. I then told him that the manager, said she would when I made the reservation. He then said I'll go back and see if the chef can make a bread pudding and came back with a chocolate moose, but my wife doesn't like moose. We paid the bill and left the customary 15% gratuity. Upon leaving, we noticed tables had a dish of cotton candy. The manager said that all guests are given this complimentary with the check. We didn't get any and it just ruined our evening.
- Outstanding!blueDined on 9/20/2013Easily the best food in Plymouth. Eaten there twice and each item ordered was spot on. The calamari is fresh, crispy and a creative, delicious dipping sauce. Great fish tacos. The beef is fork tender, the perch is delicately sautéed and you get a pile of them, not just 3 halves which is so often the case. The carrot cake is enough for 3 and excellent. Walnuts, coconut and pineapple in abundance with a yummy cream cheese frosting. Ann Arbor quality food in Plymouth. Worth finding them in their out of the way location. Better than all the Main St, restaurants!Special Features:
- Creative Comfort Food for FoodiesPlymouthAficionadoDined on 9/14/2013Whether you simply enjoy upscale dining or you're a foodie at heart, you'll find your niche at Panache 447. The couple we invited were impressed and the wine-lover in the group was definitely pleased with his selection. That Saturday night featured a jazz band which was delightful. The kitchen will go out of it's way to accommodate guests. The server didn't have the same level of sophistication, but nonetheless did a good job.Special Features:
- Great ServerBirthdayDined on 9/14/2013I wish I would have remembered her name, possibly Jenny or Jenna but she was one of the best waitresses I have had. She offered great recommendations for everything and was very attentive even on a very busy night. Great Job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Panache 447 - Delicious Gem!townerDined on 9/14/2013It was our third time at the Panache 447 in just 3 month and it still seemed like a wonderful new discovery, with wonderful service, being treated as one of the family, where special requests to the menu are generously executed, where the food and wine is delicious and the ambiance delightful. The "garage" section allows one to sit outside, without actually being outside. Yes, this reads funny, but just try the restaurant, you'll enjoy it! It definitely wasn't our last visit there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- POOR POOR Service!!!food126Dined on 9/7/2013Service is very poor!!! We sat at the table for 10 minutes before being acknowledged. Finally ordered beverages and asked for water; sat there for another 10 minutes; no beverage no water. 5-7 wait staff standing at back wall doing nothing. Finally identified our waiter and she was then serving drinks to another table. Noticed nobody staffing the bar that explains no beverage or Water??? Would like to rate the food but we left the restaurant after sitting there with no water or beverage to quench our thirst after 20+ minutes. The hostess that sat us two table from here stand at the door said "thanks for stopping by and have a good evening" My wife and I made eye contact with here several times before finally leaving!! What a Joke!!!!!
- Stopped in on a Sunday evening.OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/1/2013Stopped in on a Sunday evening. I read the reviews and almost didn't make the reservation. So glad we went ahead and tried the restaurant. The place was very quiet. We were seated quickly. Allyssa was are server and she expained the drink menue, we ordered drinks and they were good. Our server went over the the salads and the rest of the menu. The salads were great. We had whitefish and salmon. Both were very good. We were to full for dessert but they brought over a small bowl of cotton candy. The meal was perfect. When we come back to Michigan, we will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Needs improvementDisappointedDined on 8/31/2013From the time we sat down to the time our food arrived at the table was 50 minutes. Way too long. Even then the steak was ordered medium rare and served medium well and the chicken tempura in my dish was chewing and tough. We actually returned both meals and just paid for our drinks. While the drinks were good, for the contents of them, way over priced. If you would like to maintain the upscale experience, the food needs to be better, silverware should all match and the tables should probably be covered. There are way too many knicks and imperfections in them. If you want to keep the tables uncovered and the same silver, which is fine, lower the prices to match the quality of the food and drinks.
- Nice evening out with great tastingkdinerDined on 8/29/2013Service, wine selection and food quality were great. Not a lot of options outside of sushi for gluten free choices but the chef and server were very good with making some recommendationsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major FailLuvmyfoodVIPDined on 8/26/2013Menu mentioned they had gluten free pasta--one of the reasons we selected it. They were out of it.Also out of the wine we ordered.One of the four meals was fair but the others were not.They got quantity confused with quality.Ordered the gluten free sushi wrapped in rice paper.After a considerable wait for our food, the sushi came out as a totally different sushi with tempura which is not gluten free.It returned as a pathetic rice paper with vegetables rolled in it. Ridiculous. The waitress was apologetic, but the evening was a mess.The table next to us was having a similar conversation with their server. Owner was on site (was told he made the rice paper mess) but never bothered to come over leaving his waitstaff to defend his restaurant.
- okladyDined on 8/17/2013The food was awesome the service however was another story. Did not get the appetizers that were ordered and ended up with an entree that wasnt ordered. Was served a beer that was frozen in the bottle. It was like the waiter could have cared less.Special Features:
- eclectic fun spotRadhaDined on 8/3/2013Amazing cocktail list.....great for a girls night out. The desserts are to die for - just save room. And the shanghai calamari was delicious. The filet mignon and sirlion were OK - nothing great and the mashed potatoes were bland. I'd definitely try it again but maybe just go for apps this time and dessert this time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time ExperiencetigergirlDined on 8/2/2013First time for dining at Panache with family. The food was decent and everyone seemed to enjoy. We had a server who had been working there for 1 week. Not so knowledgeable at this time, but he was very kind and thoughtful, so you have to give a new hire some slack. He tried to do his best. There needed to be more options on the childrens menu, and probably would not recommend bringing children there. All in all it ended up being fine, but probably not my type of atmosphere and not sure if I would return. Nothing negative against the restaurant, just not my personal taste. Very easy to make reservations on-lineI would recommend this to a friend.