Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant
631 Jefferson Street
Lafayette, LA 70501Neighborhood:
SpanishPrice: $30 and under
Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://pamplonatapas.com/
- Phone: (337) 232-0070
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 11:00am to 2:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday:2:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, Spanish
- Executive Chef: David Harrower
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer the full menu, as well as special accommodations for your specific catering needs. Specialties include traditional Spanish fare like suckling pig, House-cured charcuterie and cheeses, and our Award Winning Paella Valenciana.
- Private Party Facilities: The Oyster Bar section of our restaurant is the perfect place for your private function. It seats up to 40 people comfortably and offers a window into our All-star kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Andrew Payne 3372982516
- Cross Street: Main
- Public Transit: We are a short walk from the Rosa Parks Transportation Center in downtown Lafayette, which has both Rail and Bus services available.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: We have a parking lot caddy corner from us marked with a Pamplona Parking Only Sign.
A word from Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant
Hemingway, bullfighting, and flamenco married with superior Spanish wines and luscious small bites fashion a sophisticated culinary oasis in Downtown Lafayette. By marrying chic urban elegance with rustic Spanish simplicity, Pamplona transports flavors from traditional Spain fused with international tastes, such as those from France, Italy, and North Africa.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerVibrant Bar Scene
Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant - Best Restaurants in Lafayette ›
Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
32 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (24)romantic (19)notable wine list (18)neighborhood gem (18)hot spot (16)special occasion (16)vibrant bar scene (14)good for groups (11)late-night find (7)great for lunch (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Highly RecommendBluestarDined on 11/15/2014My experience involved a first date and everything at the restaurant was perfect. They host staff even accommodated my anticipated tardiness for my reservation. I only needed to call in ahead of time (roughly an hour notice) to let them know. No problems there. The service was on point and the food was great. I only marked the noise level at 3 because the bar area became crowded as more people arrived and watched the LSU game. Talking with my date became a little more difficult, but it did not effect us long as we had already finished our meal. I highly recommend this place to anyone looking for great food and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner Date NightOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014The food is always excellent here, our waiter Phillippe was extra helpful, Thanks Neil BroussardSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Really enjoyed our birthday celebration, cuudos to the waiter who entertained us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- datenightDined on 10/28/2014Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant was perfect for our anniversary dinner. We enjoyed the atomsphere and the food was delicious. Our waiter was very attentive. The apple bread pudding is amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceDIxonLDined on 10/24/2014Pamplona is one of the most unique restaurants in Lafayette. Wonderful food in an original dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent all around.ILoveToEatDined on 10/10/2014My husband and I came here for his birthday dinner. We made reservations for 6:30 and were promptly sat. I had noted that it was a birthday dinner and the hostess wished my husband a "Happy Birthday" upon arrival and they added a candle to our dessert without having to say anything. The food was outstanding. The price was incredible. Great wine. All around wonderful experience that we talked about all weekend. I've worked as a server and bartender in cities big and small for 10+years and I love that this place does it so right. No doubt we will be here often.Special Features:
- Love This PlaceTRaceDined on 10/2/2014Everything about this restaurant is excellent. Especially love the food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentJnolaVIPDined on 9/20/2014Consistent, creative, and always a treat. Great for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!DiningqueenDined on 9/13/2014Great ambiance, delicious food, excellent service. This place is a favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always outstandingEmilyDined on 9/11/2014I'm always impressed when we eat here. The service is always stellar and the food always a 10. Best cocktail selection around town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My experiencelaurenl337Dined on 8/27/2014The waiter did not speak more than two words the entire time. Very unfriendly. Other than that it was pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful foodSammihowardDined on 8/21/2014The food was amazing. It reminded me of being in Spain and brought back some great memories. The flow of the food was perfect. The server was ok but not approachable or friendly. I have already recommended this place to others.Special Features:
- spanish dining in cajun countryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Pamplona, situated in downtown Lafayette in a small but charming building affords many options for diners. Small plates, entrees, flatbreads... plenty of variety. For my latest dining experience at Pamplona my date and I shared the charcuterie plate, bacon wrapped dates, goat cheese croquettes, patatas bravas, and calamari. The food arrived expertly prepared for our enjoyment and all offerings were properly demolished. Really great tapas in cajun country!Special Features:
- atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/9/2014We chose to eat outside because the the interior was way too loud. It was lovely outside but only two tables.Special Features:
- Delish!MeShellDined on 8/1/2014We enjoyed our dinner very much. Service was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 68 reviews are from the Pamplona Tapas Bar and Restaurant reviews archive.
- 6:45 DinnerGaryVIPDined on 7/25/2014I was surprised when arriving for a 6:45 PM Friday evening dinner reservation to find they were "out" of several menu items. Seems like poor preparation to be out of anything on one of the busiest evenings of the week.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatthreeormoreVIPDined on 6/13/2014thought that the food was outstanding and the service and ambiance even better....... will be back soon and a repeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place to relax!StephanieDined on 6/3/2014Awesome place for dinner! Quite and enjoyable. Wait staff are very informative and friendly. Nice variety! The arugula salad is the best!!! Had a Pim's cup for the first time, it was great! Wish my husband enjoyed going as much as I do! Oh well I just go when he is out of town with the girls! Or when my son wants to treat his mom! I will return no matter! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved this place!Jb11Dined on 5/31/2014We decided to try Pamplona on a whim and we loved it! Our only regret was not taking more people with us. It would be much more fun to have a group of friends with us. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious!DABruceDined on 5/20/2014The menu selection was excellent - we had grilled shrimp and crab cakes. Which didn't seem like it would be enough, but it was quite filling. Both were very good! Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- place to goOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/17/2014Excellent food ;I. Recommend use of server if you have never eatten their. They will not steer you wrong .Recommend sangria wine .Excellent taste l.I would recommend this restaurant to my family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't miss this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 5/15/2014Pamplona's is a must visit restaurant in Lafayette. Seriously, no better food is offered in town than at this delicious spot!Special Features:
- Menu ConfusioneuropeansDined on 5/1/2014We where three tourists from europ visiting Lafayette that found this spanish looking restaurant. We ordered what we thought was appertizers and than a main course. But it turned out to be something more like several main courses and a few Tapas and vere served in the order we ordered the. We wished that the menu could have been more descriptive and that the waiter could have told us that we ordered several main courses. Except for this confusion it was a nice place and the food tasted good and the waiter was friendly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulApplejuiceDined on 4/18/2014This was our first time going out to Pamplona and it was a delight. Our service was excellent and the food delicious. Our waiter took the time explain all of the dishes and made some perfect recommendations. Highly recommend the salmon entree. We will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- Great Food!pandaDined on 3/29/2014We were a party of 4 and had a wonderful time. The only thing i did not like was that we were seated next to the steps and it felt crowded. Other than that, the experience was great! The food is exceptional and the wait staff was very friendly! It is nice to go to dinner and have the wait staff smile!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for 1st DateBluestarDined on 3/28/2014Perfect bar tending for any level of drinker (e.g., alcohol connoisseur, wine aficionado). The mussels were perfect for a couple portion. Great service and the perfect level of romantic atmosphere for a first date. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Incredible!JPF1969Dined on 2/27/2014Pamplona has incredible food,service and atmosphere. It is an unbelievable food experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worst service I've ever had!!MotoVIPDined on 2/14/2014After a half hour we had to walk out. It went beyond the waitress. The entire staff was bad. They treated us as though we were lucky to have a reservation at their restaurant. Not at all how we wanted to spend valentines' day.
- Good dinner date with a groupLAFoodDined on 2/14/2014Service was great, very informative wait staff. Must make reservations as it is a cozy atmosphere in heart of downtown Lafayette. Enjoyed many different tapas on the menu- great variety.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentines Day HitJohnathanMeganDined on 2/14/2014I took my wife here for valentines day 2014, and it was the perfect place to knock her off her feet. Everything was great...the food was amazing, it came out in good intervals, and was always hot. The atmosphere was awesome especially for a night like valentines day. The staff was great, very knowledgable, and overall you can tell the quality of training they have. My wife and I both order a specialty drank and you can tell the craftsmanship that they put into there drinks, as well as every other part of the experience you get while dinning there. We are a mid twenties professional couple, so for us this would not be a every week kind of place to eat, but defiantly worth the money for a special night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We love this place... AllwinendineDined on 2/14/2014We love this place... All of the food is amazing with an awesome wine list. Great for a romantic evening for 2 or a small gathering with friends. Great service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spot for Valentine's Daysmansf1Dined on 2/14/2014My wife and I enjoy good drink and food, and we were not disappointed. The atmosphere was nice and our service was fantastic. I would highly recommend Pamplona for adult groups and dates. I am not sure it is the best restaurant to dine with kids.Special Features:
- AwesomeWellSatisfiedDined on 2/8/2014Food great, service superior, ambiance different but wonderful. Upon return to Lafayette this place is a must stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and a delicious Old FashAnnieDined on 1/29/2014Everything we had was tasty and a generous portion without being overwhelming. Our server was attentive and poised without ever being overly solicitous or hovering. It was a slow night because of the weather (really cold outside), so that made for a very different atmosphere than we had usually encountered at Pamplona. We liked it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Somewhat dissapointedREDCHASERDined on 1/18/2014I called ahead to order the Paella because it takes a while to prep, I was told that they were out of shrimp, which is unthinkable for a restaurant in South La, but I rolled with it, thinking about the delicious clams and muscles I would be getting instead. We were seated quickly and our server was very good Not only did the paella not have shrimp, it didn't have muscles or clams. The server told me that they haven't had muscles or clams in their paella in the couple of months he's been there. I was very disappointed. The seasoning also wasn't as balanced as normal. There was a flavor, maybe cumin, that was too strong. The duck fat fries, Mac and cheese were good, the Char Grilled Oysters were absolutely wonderful, the best anywhere.Special Features:
- Before the Show...MinetteDined on 1/17/2014I highly recommend dining at Pamplonas if you are looking for a before theatre or concert spot in downtown Lafayette. Service is smart, attentive, and helpful. The restaurant has a full range of options from cocktails, pitchers of sangria (highly recommended) to appetizers, small, plates and entrees. Delicious food and great ambience and service!Special Features:
- Amazingjosie2psDined on 1/11/2014I've only been to Pamplona twice. It's a special occasion date night for us, and both times have been just amazing. This is my favorite restaurant in Lafayette.Special Features:
- Fantastic!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/19/2013The evening was simply magical due in part to the food, but also to our wonderful server, Matt. We asked him to order for us and he created the perfect meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food I've Ever HadCuisineIsMyThingDined on 12/13/2013This place legitimately has the best food I've ever had in my life! The tapas were excellent, seasoning was fantastic, our serve was knowledgable on EVERYTHING. Prices are not too steep. Only downfall I saw was that one of the appetizers I had been looking forward to all week was out of stock...it wasn't even 7pm on a Friday night so I think that could've been better planes. Overrall; however, BEST cuisine in Lafayette by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent unique dining inOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/23/2013Excellent unique dining in a beautiful atmosphere! Love the "tapas" experience! Many choices and I can't wait to go back to try them all! Oysters were delicious as was the mac and smoked gouda. Loved that the plates were small and not overflowing with useless filler food!! Wait staff was professional and polite.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.