Pampas Palo Alto
529 Alma Street
Palo Alto, CA 94301Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
Pampas Palo Alto
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pampaspaloalto.com/
- Phone: (650) 327-1323
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Monday - Thursday 5:00pm - 9:30pm
Friday - Saturday 5:00pm - 10:30pm
Sunday 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Evening Lounge Open Daily at 5:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse, Californian
- Executive Chef: Nikki Baverso
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For catering inquiries please contact us directly at email@example.com.
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday evenings feature live music from 6:30pm-10pm.
- Special Events: For private event inquiries please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A word from Pampas Palo Alto
The spirit of Brazil meets luxury and extravagance at Pampas in the heart of downtown Palo Alto. Here, the authenticity of the Brazilian churrasco comes to a modern dining emporium where impromptu gatherings, romantic rendezvous’ and large corporate events feel at home. On the plate, smoke meets spice, rusticity finds sophistication, tradition is re-imagined. Simply prepared meats are spit roasted to juicy perfection and sliced tableside without limit. Sample the array alongside one of our mixologist’s freshly muddled seasonal cocktails or a choice vintage selected by our sommelier. Take in the side bar, brimming with seasonal vegetables, fresh salads and artisan cheese; and watch our servers round the room with simply prepared meats, spit roasted to juicy perfection and sliced tableside without limit. At Pampas, we invite you to sit back, indulge and watch. Every meal is a show.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pampas Palo Alto reviews from OpenTable diners
108 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (69)special occasion (67)fit for foodies (46)romantic (25)neighborhood gem (20)notable wine list (20)vibrant bar scene (18)hot spot (17)kid-friendly (9)great for outdoor dining (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good FoodluvribeyeVIPDined on 11/22/2014We arrived on time for our 8:30p reservation. Had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. Waiter was very friendly however the meats didn't all come to our table. We were able to try 4 out of their selection on the menu. When we brought it to our waiters attention he promptly had the meats come by however it was near their closing time so some of the beef meats were well done not very tasty and were tough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat lovers dreamOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2014This place has some amazing meat! They also have a fantastic veggie bar filled with salads, hot veggies, olives, cheeses, hearts of palm, and so much more! Recommend this place for any occasion! The serving staff there is phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great findEdenDined on 11/22/2014This was our first visit to Pampas. It was such a pleasant experience. Our server was outstanding, food fabulous, and drinks were great too! We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So yummy!cshoes408Dined on 11/15/2014We had a great dinner, unfortunately we were seated near the door so it was a little bit chilly, but otherwise we had a wonderful night. We'll certainly go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quality food, fantastic experienceITwifeDined on 11/7/2014We had not been to a Brazilian steakhouse before and know that the concept isn't new, but Pampas' service, food quality, and overall dining experience hit it through the park. I want to commend them on the freshness and high quality of the sides, which are beautifully displayed, delicious, and a full meal for non-meat eaters. The best are the array of high quality cuts of meat - beef, lamb, chicken, and more beef - that are served tableside, all you can eat. I felt it was a great value for a pre fixe meal. The specialty drinks from the bar and the wine list are also extensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty and funBaygirlDined on 11/6/2014We were a group of 6 and had a wonderful evening. Service was very good, there is a broad selection of side dishes, and the meats were excellent. I paced myself and was able to enjoy the Peanut Butter Cup dessert - a real treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Traveler1Dined on 11/5/2014The food was fantastic and the service superb! Highly recommended!!!Special Features:
- SujaDined on 11/2/2014Loved the rodizio! Great food. Great service! The salad bar was fabulos too.Special Features:
- Carnivore delightNevadaDined on 10/25/2014The food was amazing. Previous reviews about slow service did not prove to be true for us - the waiters came around with meat so frequently at one point we had to take a breather! The meat was excellent. Our favorite was the skirt steak but really all the beef and lamb were excellent. Did not care for the pork but that's because we do not like curry and there was a thick crust of it - would have been nice to have another pork option. The grilled pineapple was another favorite. The table next to us had what looked like great desserts but we were so full on meat we couldn't manage dessert. The only downside was the extremely loud band - they were good but the volume made it hard to hear each other, so groups were shouting over the band.Special Features:
- A great group dinnerVictorDined on 10/25/2014We had a big family group dinner and everything was very good: The meats were very tasty (steaks,chicken, pork, lamb), the salad was fresh and there were many choices that we even did not have the chance to try all, the server was attentive and the service was very good. This restaurant was famous for meats but even the hot-baked breads were so good and the restaurant was nice to pack some left over breads for us to take home (thank you Pampas). We have been here 3 times and we were always satisfied every single time. We recommend this restaurant for special occasion.Special Features:
- Our waitress was not good!nogoodMondayDined on 10/20/2014Out last visit here was not pleasant. Who ever was our waitress that time was not good. She came to take our order, and the next time we saw her again was when it was time to pay. We had to wait a long time just to get a refill for our drinks, 1 of us didn't even have a fork and we had to wait for that too! the men bringing out the food where the ones attending to our needs, although I think that should be the waitress job. Who ever she was, I hope she gets trained again.
- Great spotJaylovesmeatDined on 10/20/2014This is a great spot if you love meat. Everything we tried was top notch. I recommend trying the chicken hearts and don't miss out on the pineapple.Special Features:
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/18/2014Took forever for the "meat server" Guys to walk by our table. Got the side dishes and waited another 20 minutes before meat www served. I had to flag down a waiter to adk where they were. Some "meat servers" walked by our table and ignored us even with the puck on "green." Waitress never checked on us either and did not get us our bread for the table. Maybe they make the meat service slow so we do get to eat as much and fill up on the side dishes. Meat was good and flavorful once we did get it though.
- Great Food for Meat LoversNMM1Dined on 10/18/2014This is a great restaurant for meat lovers! There were several choices of meats and numerous outstanding sides. I would definitely go back!Special Features:
- wonderful find!PATRICIADined on 10/8/2014Had a great lunch with superb service. The skirt steak was cooked to perfection and the ribs tender, moist and flavorful. will definitely go back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodfab1Dined on 10/4/2014Really enjoyable night. Good food and service. Like the style of it. Expensive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meat Lovers DenFalconiDined on 10/3/2014Good place for Carnivors looking for endless meet. Nice big table on second floor suit for large party. Meat quality was not great, but salad bar and service were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!tasteybudsDined on 9/25/2014I went to Pampas for the first time, for my mother's birthday, and I can say that I will be returning for future celebrations. The atmosphere was elegant and the service was punctual but not pushy. The manager, Gene, really made us feel comfortable and his professionalism was impressive. The food was so good, from the tri-tip down to the roasted pineapple. Probably my new favorite spot to eat.Special Features:
- Second timeBmv425Dined on 9/24/2014Second visit to Pampas. Loved the side bar last time but not fans of the meat. Salty and everything started to taste the same. Service was lacking on the first occasion, server was very cordial this time. We chose lobster and prawns this time with the side bar. Lobster was good, prawns were not prawns, they were small shrimp with tails that had a quick sauté. The side bar was what we came for and that was as good as the first time. Coconut flan is good for the minute portion and tres leche is yummy while leaning toward the wayyy to sweet side. Fruit looks beautiful on it but a bit too much fruity sauce. Pass on the meat and seafood next time and we will just get sidebar.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better Than AverageLCSanFranciscoVIPDined on 9/22/2014Went for my bf's birthday and the restaurant was about 60% full. We have been to many Brazilian churassacarias before and i have been here several times before. We both opted for the all you can eat rodizio with all the different types of bbq meats. Usually when you sit down and turn your card over, there is a dance of servers flocking over to your table to cut you a slice of whatever they have. We started with the salad bar which was delicious, but waited for nearly 15 minutes before a meat server came. We waited another 10 minutes before another one came. Our server came back and asked if we wanted anything specific from the menu which was nice. The food is good (esp the lamb loin), but the timing of the food seemed off.
- Good food, priced for Palo AltoStephMDSCDined on 9/20/2014The food here was very good, but not exceptional. The prices are not unusual for Palo Alto, but I think you could find similar food and ambiance for less in a neighboring town. Service was exceptional, every person we came in contact with was friendly, polite, efficient, and happy to accommodate us. We chose entrees, since we are not big eaters, rather than the table service of freshly prepared rotisserie meats and the sides bar, which costs more.
- Much Better Choices Out ThereBigAlDined on 9/18/2014I have been to a number of other restaurants that serve Brazilian Meats this way and this was a big disappointment. The salad bar was really subpar for the price point and it took many requests to get the types of meats we really desired to come by our table. In the end we were overcharged for a person who only ate the crummy salad bar and I was sad for her given the lackluster choices for the price. We won't be back.Special Features:
- Not the old PampasTooshortnickLeeDined on 9/8/2014Service was exceptional. We had a vegetarian in our group and Pampas had a veg entrie over and above their salad bar which I found quite tasty. Food was not up to usual high quality. Some meat was dry with little taste. Several of us had digestion problems. Food service seemed to slow toward end of evening. We will return, but we will delay to give repairs time to catchup.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent, go with friends!otterlyanonymousDined on 9/6/2014The Rodizio is THE reason to go here. All-you-can-eat of a wide variety of meats and their salad bar is awesome! I recommended going as a group and checking it out! Make sure to reserve a table as it can get pretty packed. My only complaint would be that the live band was nice, but at times it was so loud it made it hard to converse at the table. Next time I will ask to be seated on their lower level.Special Features:
- great varietyScotDined on 9/6/2014Their side dish / appetizer / salad bar was pretty impressive - especially since we were focused on the meat. The variety and flavors of eat were great. The beef offerings included rare slices (our preference) and also had more well done pieces for those who preferred. The sausage was especially flavorful and the grilled pineapple was quite tasty.Special Features:
- very nice!pigiDined on 9/4/2014Very good meats, great variety. The roasted pinapple is really goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great high- protein bingePannoniusVIPDined on 9/3/2014Loved the variety of cuts and the rich salad bar. Great service - you have to come hungry to do justice.Special Features:
- Very good - a lot of foodOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/30/2014Key at any Brazilian steakhouse is to not load up on the salad bar items instead use your salad bar choices to accompany the meats as they come out (i.e. The cheeses go well with the cheese filet the sauteed mushrooms with the sirlion etc). Eat slowly so you can enjoy the meats as they come out, and as for meats you have not yet tried that are on the menu, the waiters don't remember what meat the served you last time so you have to ask, or they will likely serve you the same meat a few times, not a bad thing if you like it, but there is soooo much to taste and it is all good.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant poor patronsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/30/2014The food, overall, is quite good. There are a wide variety of meats brought to your table and although they missed our table a few times, in the end we got our fill. My fiance and I were sat in the lower section of the restaurant, where someone allowed their kid to run wildly around the dining area screaming. People don't dress up and don't act with any propriety and the manager does nothing to enforce this behavior. Disappointing, because generally the place is nice. They don't do much for birthdays, which is disappointing, but they did at least find a candle and put it in our dessert. It did the trick.Special Features:
- Waste of moneyPotatosaladDined on 8/29/2014Stuck in lower level. Staff was inattentive. I never received beef but got pork two times and chicken once.Special Features:
- Great for foodiesCAfoodieDined on 8/26/2014I've had Brazilian style dinners at other places and Pampas ranks amongst the best of them. Very friendly service, excellent wines at $$$ prices, bad if you're on a diet. Lamb chops were the hit of the night.Special Features:
- Great placeabeditorDined on 8/22/2014Well designed restaurant with great ambience, great food that arrives hot. Knocked them on service because they reminded us 5 times (no kidding) that we needed to close out our tab at the bar before sitting down to eat. By the third reminder we began to wonder with bemusement if they thought we were going to run away without paying. For now, I don't take that as a knock against the restaurant, but I guess we'll see if it happens again next time we go there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- meat, meat, meatOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/19/2014Those familiar with Brazilian steakhouses know what to expect: meat, meat, and meat. The salad/sides bar is quite good with delicacies such as proscuitto and chunks of real parmesan cheese and tomatoes that actually taste like tomatoes ... but don't eat too much or you won't be ready for the meat, meat, meat. On this occasion I enjoyed the roast lamb but it was rare even to my taste (and I like my lamb rare) ... but the lamb chops were closer to medium well than medium (let along medium rare), perhaps to make up for it. The sirloin is almost always my favorite, even more than the filet, of the beef offerings. The bacon-wrapped turkey sounds like a great idea but the turkey is to dry it's not worth the effort. On the whole, satisfying.Special Features:
- My experiences have been great!MsWillaDined on 8/15/2014Everything we ate was delicious. Staff unbeatable in the downtown Palo Alto area. Come early if you want a quieter dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cprvwsDined on 8/12/2014The food is very good except for the lamb which was too dry. The only problem we had that there wasn't much variety in the meat that was coming around, basically it was all beef. Once at the very beginning we were offered some turkey and once at the end. We were never offered any pork or chicken. The choices at the salad bar are very good but I got stuck behind some guys and they were busy talking rather than selecting items. If the actual salad part was on both ends and the extra items in the middle it might make the flow better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- amazingmsbonbonDined on 8/9/2014Everything from food to service was great. However we did the buffet and was not aware that we had to ask for certain items if we wanted a certain one more. We thought that the selection would keep circulating around. As there was one specific one that was offered in the buffet but was at a request only and was not told that. Would be nice if we were made aware of this from the start.Special Features:
- Fabulous!BrittanyDined on 8/9/2014After relentlessly trying to get a reservation for my group of 6 at the nearest Brazilian restaurant and having no luck, I decided to try something a little further from home. Pampas had the exact time I was looking for available THAT weekend. We were seated immediately and were surprisingly delighted by the friendly staff. The food was delicious and they made sure to bring back our favorite meat selection so that we could have 2nds..and even 3rds! The overall experience was amazing. A large party arrived towards the end of our meal, which elevated the noise level, but this did not take away from an overall great experience!Special Features:
- Great as always!AskPrizDined on 8/9/2014Tried Fogo de Chao finally earlier this year, wasn't as impressed compared to Pampas. Came back for the first time in two years and the quality is still there. Great place!Special Features:
- HuanglaDined on 8/7/2014Picanha, both Frango and Picante, abcaxi, codeiro are the best - tasty -5 stars out of 5 the others are 4/5Special Features:
- Just as ExpectedAlabamaGRLDined on 8/3/2014I give Pampas 5 stars not because I'm a foodie and it's an amazing display of creative menus or beautiful execution, but because it delivers the experience of a Brazilian steakhouse. Meats prepared well, served at your pleasure, with great salad and side choices on the cold bar. Our waiters were fun and clearly enjoyed watching people eat themselves silly. They key to really enjoying the restaurant is pacing yourself so you enjoy and can try the things you liked again. Of course, there is the a la cart menu, which may meet the criteria of creative dishes with flawless execution, but we did not opt for that experiment. We went all in for the Brazilian steakhouse experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.