Pampas Argentinas Steakhouse & Restaurant
105-07 Metropolitan Ave.
Forest Hills, NY 11375Neighborhood:
ArgentineanPrice: $31 to $50
Pampas Argentinas Steakhouse & Restaurant
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.pampasargentinas.net/
- Phone: 7182689606
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday - Sunday:12:00pm - 5:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Monday, Wednesday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Argentinean, Steakhouse
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
A word from Pampas Argentinas Steakhouse & Restaurant
Welcome to Pampas Argentinas, authentic Argentine steakhouse and restaurant. From the province of Córdoba, Argentina's heartland, we bring you the culinary delights of the renowned Argentinean Pampas, one of the richest grazing areas in the world and the home of the legendary Gaucho. Argentinean cooking celebrates the richness of the Pampas lands and the simplicity and pureness of the gaucho while drawing influences from its largest immigratory waves of Italians, Spaniards, and other Europeans. Combined with its fine wines and the Argentinean appetite for all things tasty, we invite you to sit back, relax and enjoy the authentic taste of our homeland.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pampas Argentinas Steakhouse & Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
16 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (8)great for brunch (4)special occasion (4)romantic (3)kid-friendly (2)good for groups (2)fit for foodies (1)great for lunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- Solid Argentinian food Forest HillsOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014It was my first time at Pampas as I've passed Pampas numerous times but never ate there. The food and service were good and the decor was inviting as well. I ordered a chicken dish which was very good. I started with a beef empanada which was good although not worth $3. My wife ordered the skirt steak and it was decent but nothing special. The red sangria was tasty as well. Overall it was a good dining experience and we would go back.Special Features:
- great neighborhood restaurantineyDined on 7/4/2014I looked on yelp for a neighborhood restaurant and was very happy with this choice. The food was great along with the service. I would highly recommend this place and will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food gets cold fastOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/14/2014Wonderful service and the steak is tasty enough... but the food gets cold really really fast. They need to serve steaks and mashed potatoes on hot plates. About 5 minutes into my meal, my food was lukewarm.
- Great find.SueWVIPDined on 6/7/2014Lots of options to choose from. Food was wonderful as was the sangria. Reasonably priced for quality and quantity. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food ItselfTeeDeeDined on 5/31/2014Great portions, Sangria was ok, a little disappointed . Chicken was amazing definitely the highlight of the meal---Steak was undercooked--didn't even finish it. App's were the star of the night... I'd go back and have regular wine and avoid the steak.Special Features:
- DeliciousFlorenceTDined on 5/26/2014We went with our friends and their young son on Memorial Day. The restaurant was quiet, the food was delicious, and the service was excellent. My husband has a service dog, and they made us feel very welcome - not tolerated but welcome. We'll go there again. Paella was amazing. Our friends had the mixed grill which they said was excellent.Special Features:
- The service was okEater1937Dined on 5/24/2014I've ordered fish and was disappointed. It was not fresh, smelly and dry. I've managed to consume only 1/3 of it. My wife file minion was more eatable.Special Features:
- mothers day and any dayKnittingMomDined on 5/11/2014We really enjoyed our table for 8 right in the window with doors open and a nice breeze. Food was amazing, just missed my paella, they did not offer it on Mothers Day. But we will be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 61 reviews are from the Pampas Argentinas Steakhouse & Restaurant reviews archive.
- pampasSimonkVIPDined on 4/16/2014Good food, fair value. Very good service. Nice neighborhood steakhouse.Special Features:
- good brunch dealrookieDined on 4/6/2014I liked the quiet and well-lit atmosphere. We ordered the burger and steak & eggs, which were both cooked closer to rare than the medium we had asked for. Many of the brunch items that contained steak required adding $2-3, which sort of defeats the purpose of having a "prix-fixe" menu. However, for $15 it's a good deal - one alcoholic beverage, one entree, and either coffee or tea. The service was ok…we went right at noon when they opened and it looked like our waiter was still half-asleep. But he was appropriately attentive and not over-bearing. Overall, I would go back for the deal, but not specifically for the food.Special Features:
- Best Argentinian Food and ServiceBenMDined on 3/31/2014This was my second time at Pampas and I was again not dissappointed. I got the empanadas and parilla, but would recommend many of the dishes on their own if you can't take down such a massive plate. Some of my favorite cuts, which they cook very well are entraña and lomo. I also saw some of the pasta dishes, but decided rather than eat a second dinner to try their dessert. I highly recommend their chocolate cake. Our waiter was very helpful with giving wine pairing recommendations. You could easily pay twice as much for a steak in a Manhattan restaurant, whose definition of customer service, from bus-boy to maitre d, is, "I'm a New Yorker, so f&^% you." Oh yeah, and the recommendation: a great, well priced Argentinian Cab Sav.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I truly love Pampas!! WentStaceDined on 3/27/2014I truly love Pampas!! Went this past Saturday. This restaurant is super authentic and the food was excellent! I had a wonderful dining experience!! My two friends and I had lovely cocktails before eating. We started our meal off with the grilled provolone, empanadas, and fried calamari, which were all l really delicious. The waiters were really friendly and attentive. For my main course I ate a mouthwatering roasted wild salmon with veggies on the side paired with a lovely white wine. The salmon was sooo good...cooked just right, delicate and so tasty. And my friends really loved their steaks and side dishes. The dulce de leche crepe was awesome! We can't wait to go back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Skip this oneJeffsterVIPDined on 3/22/2014We went on a Saturday night. The restaurant was full but not packed. Our waiter would disappear inexplicably (place is pretty small). The food was a major disappointment. Fried calamari was rubbery (first sign not fresh). The rib eye steak was fatty and tough. Given the price we were expecting an excellent cut of meat - WRONG! We could get a better cut and portion from Outback (yuck). The Salmon was overcooked, dry and fishy tasting - another sign that it was not fresh. It took 2 1/2 hours to complete our meal (4 people - no dessert / coffee). Many tables turned over and there was constantly open seats. In other words the place was not very busy. Skip this one, many other better choices in the area.
- great food, good serviceGizmosDined on 3/8/2014Made our reservation via open table. Walked right in, table was waiting for us. The papas grill was superb. Enough food for 4!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Interesting experienceFHDinerVIPDined on 3/7/2014We had a great meal although I agree with other reviews about the meat being tough but tasty. We had the mixed grill for two and we took home half the meat. The empanada appetizer was delicious. We had a salad that could have been a main course. The service was outstanding. Only criticism would be that the music was very loud.Special Features:
- Awesome!CatzBdayClanx10Dined on 2/22/2014Empanada apps- yummy. Steaks-amazing, especially the skirt steak. Cooked to perfection. Portions- nice size. Service- very attentive, especially for party of 10. Red sangria- very good. Ambiance- cozy & nice. Restaurant-super clean. Bathroom- very nice too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The only problem with thetonyDined on 2/15/2014The only problem with the dinner was that we had the empanadas for an appetizer and they were still a little cold in the inside. We did not make a big fuss to the waiter, other than that everything else was wonderful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodJohnDined on 1/23/2014It was a good overall experience dining here. The food was great and the ambiance was nice. Definitely going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great Neighborhood SteakhouseTedSchachterVIPDined on 1/20/2014I love this place because the food is fresh and tasty. The service is wonderful. It is true neighborhood place where you can go have a nice meal with friends and family and then relax over coffee and talk. I recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They aim to please!NivekDined on 1/17/2014We were a party of 4 celebrating my husband's birthday. Our waiter Sebastian and the wait staff were outstanding and exceptionally attentive. Based on the previous glowing reviews, we ordered a pitcher of white sangria. It was delicious and did not disappoint. After enjoying complimentary bruschetta, we shared fried calamari and the special mussels and clams in wine sauce appetizers. For entrees, we had extra spicy linguini with seafood fra diavlo, skirt steak which was mouthwatering and salmon dijonnaise. The complimentary cheesecake, which was artistically presented, was an added treat. Overall it was a wonderful meal and we will definitely go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustSPM68Dined on 1/11/2014Met an old friend here at her recommendation. On line reservations was quick & easy. Prompt seating, friendly staff. Had the stake special, it was prepared exactly as I ordered it. Food was excellent. had quite the enjoyable time.... Would definately recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!!SteveVIPDined on 12/28/2013My wife and I have been back several times now, and have enjoyed our experiences there more and more. The food is great, not over-powering. Our server Carlos has come to know us now and has made several reccomendations that have been on the money. Prices are reasonable, and the service is excellent. Check this place out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PampasChrisDDined on 12/20/2013I met up with a few friends to try our first Argentinean steakhouse in Queens, and we were not disappointed. Our server, Carlos, was excellent. Out of all the dishes we tried, I enjoyed the skirt steak from the mixed grill and the beef empanadas most of all. The red sangria was great as well. Next time we go back I will try the bone-in ribeye.Special Features:
- Always a great experiencedeckard215Dined on 12/7/2013Had dinner here again after a long time away (not for any reason) and as always it was fantastic. Our server Carlos was friendly and very helpful with picking a good wine. Food was delicious and plentiful and the prices are very reasonable. I highly recommend trying Pampas if you haven't already.Special Features:
- excellent meal8wellDined on 11/16/2013My husband & I enjoyed our anniversary meal very much. Food was prepared perfectly & staff was very pleasantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/15/2013The dinner was ok. In reading the reviews I thought it was going to be better than it was. The service was very good but the food was just fair.
- Amazing Food and Drinks!!!StaceDined on 10/17/2013This is definitely the best restaurant in the area!!! I have been here several times and it never seizes to amaze how delicious the food is!! I am always trying a new daily special at Pampas and the food is consistently amazing!! Whatever food you desire, whether it's a juicy steak, fresh fish/seafood, vegetarian dish or homemade pasta, there is something delicious waiting for you at Pampas!!! And there are great cocktails and wine to compliment any dish you order. The deserts are also spectacular; I love love love the dulce de leche crepes... Another bonus: there will be Tango singers on some Thursday evenings which I can't wait to check out!! I highly recommend Pampas!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visit was SaturdayShauneDined on 9/30/2013First time visit was Saturday Sept 29 love it so much came back on monday for a friends birthday. The food service and drinks are delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/14/2013After reading reviews, my husband and I were looking forward to this meal. It did not live up to prior reviews. The calamari appetizer was overcooked frozen pieces. The shellfish paella was totally unseasoned. The red sangria was overly sweet with no rum or brandy to counter the sweetness. The skirt steak and empanada were okay. I think it was overpriced for what was offered. If there was a rating between fair and poor that is what I would have selected.
- Great ExperienceMMMdelishDined on 8/17/2013We came here for my Birthday, and we had a great time. The server was extremely attentive and helpful. As an appetizer we had the Special, which was fried Zucchini and i must say i loved. As my entree i ordered a Skirt Steak. It was Juicy and very tender. The ambience was a bit tooo Dark for my liking. I could barely see the menu. Other then that it was all good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious SteakJimmyDined on 7/20/2013We both ordered the steak chef special filet and bone in rib eye. Both steaks were delicious as was the two chimichurri sauces that were served on the side. Our server was helpful when we asked about the menu he described each item we asked about.I would recommend this to a friend.
- good restaurant in the areameowmeowDined on 7/5/2013food was good. service was great. it was 4th of July weekends. there weren't too many people in the restaurant. Always wanted to try the place out. we really enjoyed the food there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeAandFDined on 7/4/2013My husband and I decided to grab something to eat last minute for a late lunch. The waiters were very accommodating and the food was delicious - we loved the flan! We even took away a dinner for my Mom and she loved it too. Thanks for helping us to have a very happy 4th!Special Features:
- Delicious foodEllenDVIPDined on 6/28/2013Food was very good. Kitchen was slow: a very long wait for our entrees. Restaurant wasn't crowded. It would have been helpful if our salads came out as an appetizer.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pleasantly surprised!tessDined on 5/12/2013Once I made it known that I was under a time constraint, the staff was wonderful. They took our orders right away & our food was served even sooner than anticipated. The food was amazing!!! I recommend the skirt steak (my favorite). My daughters both had steaks (different varieties) & they were both incredible. Thank you for enhancing my Mothers Day experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This was my second visit toSteveVIPDined on 4/27/2013This was my second visit to Pampas Argentinas and it was even better than my first. My wife and I were very impressed with the service and the overall atmosphere. The selection of appetizerss as well as the entrees is extensive in variety and size. We have also enjoyed both the white and red sangrias. It can get crowded, so make sure you reserve a table.Special Features:
- Queens GEM!StaceDined on 4/24/2013The food at Pampas is unlike any other I’ve ever eaten, and I dine out A LOT! High quality juicy steaks, and the Chef’s Specials are spectacular! One of my friends had fish and said it was very fresh and delicious. There are also great vegetarian options. In addition to the high quality food, they have a wonderful wine list which was surprisingly affordable. The service was great. The waiters were very attentive, never rushed us, very professional, and knowledgeable. My palate never feels as satisfied as it does when I eat at Pampas! Pampas restaurant is a MUST for everyone!!!! Always looking forward to coming back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overall, had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Overall, had a great time for my birthday. Food was goodSpecial Features:
- Great food & kitchen..slow serviceNYCfoodieVIPDined on 3/21/2013The food was really good. The service was friendly, but a bit disorganized and slow. We think they mean well, but are not necessarily New York skilled.. So bring some patience. I had a salmon and it was delicious. They know what they are doing in the kitchen.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/9/2013The food was excellent. Top quality beef, well cooked. friendly atmosphere. service was good.Special Features: