Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
9929 - 109 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pampasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7807567030x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joao Antonio Dachery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: PAMPA Brazilian Steakhouse was designed with private dining and group dining options in mind. PAMPA offers one private dining room with capacity for 72 guests. A variety of seating arrangements are possible as well. This space can be divided by drapery creating a 24 seat side and a 36 seat side.
- Private Party Contact: Oscar Lopez 8773912126
- Cross Street: 99 Avenue
- Public Transit: Edmonton LRT (Light Rail Transit) station Grandin is a half-block south of PAMPA.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking is available to all PAMPA guests Monday to Friday from 6:00pm until close, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Guests can access the parkade through the back alley located just East of the building. Pull up to the door and it will automatically open. You are welcomed to park your vehicle anywhere in the first level. To exit, just go up the ramp and the door will open automatically again.
A word from Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Pampa is an authentic Brazilian Steakhouse offering its guests "rodizio." Rodizio is a fixed-price concept where guests control the service of 10* different cuts of meat which are carved table-side for one fixed price. An amazing salad bar made up of over 50 items, imported cheeses and home-made breads are all included; as is complementary gluten free Brazilian cheese bread*. We invite you to experience Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse! *Available at dinner serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
454 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (330)good for groups (260)fit for foodies (175)notable wine list (109)hot spot (104)romantic (97)neighborhood gem (61)great for lunch (53)late-night find (28)kid-friendly (27)great for brunch (21)scenic view (8)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (2)Show More
- Bad seatBoytycoonDined on 9/28/2014i made reservations well in advance and was stuck in a hallway. the guys hardly come down that way with the food. and at the price it was i was expecting more of the good cut of stake but that guy only came 2 times and gave small slivers of meat.Special Features:
- a bit pricy but..slo722VIPDined on 9/28/2014food is not bad, but couple steaks I had I wish they cook it more rare. Chicken was the best for sure, the drumsticks and the bacon wrapped one. salad bar was nice, got to have the mash potato, very nice. I was going to get a glass of wine, but they were in the middle of switching up their inventory, and the one I wanted wasn't available, so I didn't get any wine. starting from that point, our waitress only came once more to fill the water, and the bill at the very end. also I don't like when they charge $2.00 for water, just feel like I am paying $50.00 for the food already, is it necessary to charge me another $2.00 for what they call "Q-Water"? to be honest, I prefer they gave me a choice to choose from tap water...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, amazing foodJanefromEdmDined on 9/27/2014We brought friends, newbies to Pampa, and they loved it and we're very excited to hear that one is opening in Calgary. The food and service is always good but boy I wish they could do something about the noise. It is extremely loud, probably because of the concrete floors, and is need of some sound baffling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014great service. Friendly staff. I would love to see some Vegan options at the salad bar. And warm potatoes instead of cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceTrefDined on 9/26/2014We recently dined at Pampa for my sister's birthday. The food was excellent and the service was very good. We were able to take our time & did not feel rushed at all. We were a group of seven & found this was a great place for a party that size as the food just kept coming, and we could all choose how much & what we wanted to sample. A wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Worth every dollardoIreallyneedanicknameDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant is awesome. My wife and I first experienced it on our anniversary and I liked it so much I took my staff there for lunch to show my appreciation for their work on a particular project. Both meals were excellent, with some of my staff commenting that it was the best meal they have ever had. They have a nice salad bar and a few hot side dishes which are good, but the real treasure is the meat. I strongly suggest that if you plan on going here for dinner that you don't eat any other meals that day. Service is very professional, friendly, and prompt. The drinks are a bit expensive and they have discovered a way to charge for tap water, but other than that I have no complaints. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Good people, Sysco Branding Bad.oldchefDined on 9/24/2014Food was great, Service from the carvers and waitress were stellar, the hostess was distant, cold and clearly only cared about flirting with the big tippers and old men. The main problem I noticed twice is the place reeeeeeks of Sysco branding, there is no personality to the food aside from the way it is cooked in that oven. This is the problem with sysco supplied kitchens. No soul, no search, no passion. Sysco destroys restaurants, and it is no clearer than at pampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerlatetothepartyDined on 9/24/2014I took my significant other here for his birthday dinner, and the overall experience was very good. He had never eaten at Pampa before, and he loved it. The servers were able to get us in quickly even though we were half an hour late for our reservation. The food was good as always, and the selection at the salad bar seemed better than I remember it. The service was the most memorable part of the night. Our server had impressive knowledge of the drinks and food and was very attentive throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, but sounds like...McDeviousDined on 9/23/2014I had a great time. Not my first time eating here. My biggest complaints are it's filled with everyone talking...not a ba thing but all you can constantly here is the crowd. I wish there was some kind of music playing just loud enough to distract you from the conversations around you. Unless you are into eaves dropping, then ignore all this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again. Made me angry!ScornAtYourOwnRiskDined on 9/20/2014Bad service. Our waiter charged us for 'special water', which I never asked for! He couldn't even give me tap water. The chip system was either completely ignored or strictly followed. The servers would get annoyed no matter what you did. They would still interrupt our meal/conversation even if we all had the red side turned up. Or, if they were already there to serve one of us with a green chip, they would get annoyed if you asked for food if your chip was red. Totally ridiculous. The food wasn't even delicious, no ethnic dishes. This was the first time I left a restaurant angry. I have and will discourage everyone I know and anyone who may be interested in going to the Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse. Save yourself money and frustration.
- Great for Special OccasionsreservationsRequiredDined on 9/20/2014The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The washroom was clean, well maintained and inviting. Lunch time is not as busy and getting around the buffet table and room is easier if you have difficulty walking. As the place gets busy the background noise makes talking to each other difficult. The mini cheese buns were delightful and delicious. Some meat servers were not as experienced as one would expect regarding the dripping from meat when serving, so we were glad they didn't have a dress requirement. Even still it's worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pampa ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent salad bar with a unique array of salad treats & tasty meats! Very efficient servers. Drawbacks are you have no menu selection and for someone that's not a big eater it is very pricey. Also, the ambiance is nothing special and the noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DateSaraDined on 9/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, it made a great place for a romantic and celebratory date night. All the food (the salad and appy bar and expertly served cuts of meat) was 10/10. Loved the quick and efficient but not overwhelming service, loved the ambiance, intimate and classy but not intimidating for a young couple such as us. It was busy but the noise wasn't overwhelming, and the sangrias were to die for! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but well worth itYummyDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. Large salad bar with many delih options then top your plate with as much meat as you can handle. Outstanding service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeGinoDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time. Good food with lots of flavor! Although being that it was our first time (the process was explained) we didn't realize that the experience went so quick. We didn't have much of a chance to sit and enjoy as we were served good quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnyDined on 9/19/2014The salad bar had many unique & delicious items.We felt that the overall cost was high & should include the price of water, sparkling or otherwise, and dessert. Otherwise it was a great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingTootiecutieDined on 9/19/2014Cheese biscuit starters are great but noticed we were never offered a refill. Salad bar was good. I was pleasantly surprised by the hot items on the buffet. After filling our plates with the sides, the BBQ meat came flying around our table. We tried everything but nothing really had much flavour and a lot of the meats were tough and fatty. I was thankful that I had filled up on side dishes from the buffet. Drinks are very expensive and you pay to drink water as well. Restaurant is noisy and has no ambience.Special Features:
- Always a wonderful timeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/16/2014This was our second visit and brought some friends to join. Had an amazing time as usual.Special Features:
- DisappointedRobdinesDined on 9/15/2014I brought my girlfriend here for her birthday but was disappointed with the experience. The grill master idea is interesting but waiting for them to come became tedious especially when we were waiting with our side salads and no meat. Having to pay for water is a major turn off. Our table had barely any light so we pulled up the blind. A table candle/light would have been good. The waitress was pleasant but a little robotic in her approach. Walking up to the buffet was slightly awkward with everyone's tables and felt a little bit like a cheap hotel. I spent $125 on this meal which is a lot of money for me and was really disappointed.Special Features:
- Delicious but a little priceyAussieFoodieDined on 9/14/2014Pampa was amazing and very much on par with Brazilian steakhouses I have been to in Brazil. Amazing food (everything I put in my mouth was nothing short of delicious) and it was just fantastic. The ambience was lovely too. The only thing was that it was rather pricey, it would have been nice if dessert may have been included with dinner too as with wine it ended up being quite an expensive meal, especially with wine, for what is effectively an amazing buffet type set up. But other than that, it was awesome and I would definitely go back. Excellent food and service.Special Features:
- Best experienceCarguyDined on 9/14/2014Pampa has to be one of my favourite restraunts. The food is absolutely amazing. The service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary Dinnerfood4thoughtDined on 9/13/2014We recently dined at your establishment and I cannot tell you enough just how much we enjoyed the food and the service. We took our dear friends out for a 1 year anniversary celebration and they thoroughly enjoyed the dining experience. Our server made a recommendation on a wine that we will now search out as it was one of the best I personally have had. The salad bar was beyond our expectations, there was a good variety of items for all... and the deserts... between the 4 of us we ate 6 deserts! All were fantastic. Thank you for our excellent dining experience and we definitely will not hesitate to come back!Special Features:
- PampaSquidVIPDined on 9/12/2014Recently went here. OK not spectacular, probably once in a while, not on a repeat basis. Meat was great, the rest not so. Stick to a salad bar and do the rest to justify the $50.
- Exactly what I wantedDoubletDined on 9/8/2014My wife and I go here once a month. Always love the food and the staff are excellent. mmm mmm mmmmSpecial Features:
- I remembered betterFoodieDined on 9/7/2014The last time we went to Pampa we were so impressed with the food. This time I couldn't wait to have the garlic steak, which was not even close to as good as it was before. The other meats were the same as I remembered. The salad and hot food bar was also suboptimal because the lettuce was wilting and one if the hot dishes were empty and didn't get refilled very quickly. I enjoyed our time there but I won't be rushing back too soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not as good as last timemishiDined on 9/7/2014The bbq didn't taste as good this time we visited. The meat was too salty and the buns were overcooked (took a long time to get our second order, which was inedible and then they brought more that were still overcooked.) I definitely didn't eat $50 worth of food this time. I booked as an anniversary meal, and the restaurant called back to confirm and said that they usually offer an anniversary cake. Because I am gluten free they said they'll look into if they can do something else for dessert. When we actually went to dinner, they offered nothing for our anniversary dessert at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Arrive Hungry!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/7/2014Pampa is a great place for an evening of good conversation and exceptional food. The aroma as you walk in hits you and instantly your mouth starts to water. Our server, Casey was very attentive and super friendly. My parents, who are not "adventurous eaters", loved the different items at the salad bar as well as the variety of endless grilled meats served right at our table. The meats were grilled to perfection with a minimal amount of seasoning just to enhance the char flavour. There was a guitarist/singer who was playing as you walked into the lobby/bar area. The music was heard all throughout the restaurant. My family had a wonderful time at Pampa and will be returning with our next visit to Edmonton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Charging for water sets a standard5674Dined on 9/7/2014We had a good time. The waiters who brought the different choices around were wonderful. The fact that the only average drink on the menu was water and they charge more than anyone should pay for water set a poor standard. Otherwise I would say we absolutely got what we paid for. FYI the menu says juice but you get a smoothee. (Not nearly as refreshing with a meal).
- Very pleasedMeggy555Dined on 9/5/2014I booked a table for 3 at 7 in which our table was ready to go when we arrived on time. The food was very pleasant and tasty. The meat was beautiful. Some of the items at the salad bar where just a bit too cold for my liking tho. Another issue was the price of the alcohol. If you are with a group grab a few drinks before you go. I ordered two drinks and it came too 25 dollars 😁 yeah... They where ready good tho. The best tasting meat was probably the sliced steak. Tested and melted like butter. Will return with my meat lovin boyfriendSpecial Features:
- Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/5/2014Great experience. Entertainment for the evening did not meet my expectations. The dance & costumes were great but it was very very quick & only one dance during our 2 1/2 hr mealSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding Food & ServiceKuggzDined on 9/4/2014I have been to Pampa's a few times and the food and service is outstanding. You really feel appreciated and taken care off from the moment you enter the doors.Special Features:
- Pampa is an awesome place to goJustmeDined on 9/2/2014Great service, great good. Great atmosphere. A must to dine here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brzilian delightflyingfoodieDined on 9/1/2014We came here with gift cards from our wedding and as a special treat for my husbands Birthday. The food was amazing but we found it hard to get to try everything as it seemed the same 5 dishes came around a lot but the other 6-7 were hard to find. The food was delicious none the less and our server was amazing! Wish we were able to eat more!Special Features:
- Yummy!EmCeeDined on 8/31/2014Definitely a place to go with an appetite. Try a bit of everything at the salad bar, but save room for the actual meats! Everything was cooked well, service was polite and friendly. Love the cheeseballs that are served warm (they come with the meal). I can't even say what exactly I liked - I thoroughly enjoyed it all!Special Features:
- my reviewmyrevDined on 8/31/2014very nice place. unique style of serving cuts of meat. i'm not a big eater so the price is a little bit expensive.Special Features:
- business and special gatheringsStretchDined on 8/31/2014I dine here with business clients... probably the nicest dining location in downtown Edmonton... but I used this time for a special family gathering.. which included young men with voracious appetites... the salad bar is great but the food is endless.. it makes for a simple dining experience as there is just the one fee,,,, but it will cost you so it is not the place for a small family or budget diningSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tough to Pace yourselfyumm1eDined on 8/30/2014Salad Bar was excellent, and there is no word to describe the perfectly seasoned, melt in your mouth, selection of personal hand carved meat selections. If you love meat, then Pampa is a must on your restaurant rotation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Meal Great ServicemikeyDined on 8/30/2014Overall great experience. We were seated right away as per our reservation. As first time diners we fully explained how it worked. The staff was very friendly and very prompt. The food was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YummmmDined on 8/30/2014Excellent food. Service the best in edmonton, very good overall.Special Features:
- Fantastictrb1942Dined on 8/30/2014Lots of food . lots of choices . Great service. expensive for most pocket books.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.