Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
9929 - 109 Street NW
Edmonton, AB T5K 1H6Neighborhood:
Brazilian SteakhousePrice: CAN$31 to CAN$50
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.pampasteakhouse.com/
- Phone: 7807567030x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 1:30pm
Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
Friday - 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
Sunday: 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Brazilian Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Joao Antonio Dachery
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: PAMPA Brazilian Steakhouse was designed with private dining and group dining options in mind. PAMPA offers one private dining room with capacity for 72 guests. A variety of seating arrangements are possible as well. This space can be divided by drapery creating a 24 seat side and a 36 seat side.
- Private Party Contact: Oscar Lopez 8773912126
- Cross Street: 99 Avenue
- Public Transit: Edmonton LRT (Light Rail Transit) station Grandin is a half-block south of PAMPA.
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary parking is available to all PAMPA guests Monday to Friday from 6:00pm until close, and all day Saturday and Sunday.
Guests can access the parkade through the back alley located just East of the building. Pull up to the door and it will automatically open. You are welcomed to park your vehicle anywhere in the first level. To exit, just go up the ramp and the door will open automatically again.
A word from Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse
Pampa is an authentic Brazilian Steakhouse offering its guests "rodizio." Rodizio is a fixed-price concept where guests control the service of 10* different cuts of meat which are carved table-side for one fixed price. An amazing salad bar made up of over 50 items, imported cheeses and home-made breads are all included; as is complementary gluten free Brazilian cheese bread*. We invite you to experience Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse! *Available at dinner serviceContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse - Best Restaurants in Edmonton ›
Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
417 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (300)good for groups (230)fit for foodies (160)notable wine list (98)romantic (98)hot spot (86)neighborhood gem (54)great for lunch (42)late-night find (26)kid-friendly (24)great for brunch (18)scenic view (5)vibrant bar scene (4)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014I really enjoyed the idea behind this restaurant, and the service was very quick. However, I was unimpressed with the price relative to the quality of food. Some of the salads in the salad bar were bland and tasted as if they had been out too long and some of the meat was fatty and overly spiced; particularly with garlic and salt.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/16/2014You will be soo full! Do not over do it at the salad bar, maybe grab one or two items but definitely not a plate full because you will not be able to eat all the meat that you want to eat! Definitely worth 50$ a person. Only disappointment was they do not offer a free dessert for birthdays. Just a free candle...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great!NorthlandsDined on 10/15/2014A co worker of mine took a group of us there, then my boyfriend and I decided to take our boss there, who then ended up he was going to take his wife there for dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- luvs2eatDined on 10/15/2014First time at Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse and everything was great. The server was excellent, the food was good and plenty and the the atmosphere was comfortable. I would recommend it and definitely go again. We had a seven year old with us, and he was made to feel just as important as the adults at the table.Special Features:
- outstandingsassDined on 10/12/2014This was my first time here and the minute i walked in i knew it was a special place , the way the staff greated u and how clean it was. The waitress was great she was outstsnding and willing to help us with anything.the food well that is unbelievable best steak i ever tasted. Pampas is a place i would and have already recommended to evryone i know. See u soon!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the moneyFoodieDined on 10/12/2014The salad bar was lacking in warm side dishes, the variety of options were not great. The staff was fabulous, friendly and professional. The meat wasn't worth the price, lacking the wow factor you expect with a $50 a person plate. With the cost of the meal, I didn't expect to pay for water, this seemed inappropriate. The desserts were fabulous and expensive, which is fine if you get what you pay for and we did. Overall good, but I wouldn't go back.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/12/2014Wonderful turkey with gravy and stuffing, perhaps the best I have ever had. Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatlovegoodfoodDined on 10/11/2014Just wished i paced myself more.. Full within the first half hour. It's just that good. Will definitely be backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceLeggDined on 10/11/2014The reservation process was very easy. We arrived a few minutes early and were seated right away. Our server was very nice and professional. She was helpful with recommendations and explaining the process. The food was outstanding! Wouldn't recommend for little kids - our youngest is 12 and he was in heaven with all you could eat meat! Highly recommend; however, it is expensive. Be ready to leave feeling completely satisfied with the money you spent though. Great night out for our family!Special Features:
- Gundy123Dined on 10/11/2014I would frost the windows for a little privacy. I would put some sound barriers hanging from the ceiling to help with noise other than that a great restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for everyoneOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014although it is a great experience, I feel like it was largely overpriced for the amount of food I am able to eat. I am able to go and have a fantastic steak dinner for a fraction of the price and leave satisfied and I didn't feel this was the case at Pampa.Special Features:
- Great restaurantsgeorgeDined on 10/10/2014Will recommend it to others for sure it was wonderful first time and if ever back to Edmonton will make sure to go againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LeanneLeanneRocksDined on 10/9/2014Leanne was our waitress on Thursday night She was great!! The manager popped by a couple times too, very nice touch It was our first time there and I'd return in a heart beatSpecial Features:
- A mixed bagMrTastyDined on 10/9/2014The prices are very expensive and they insist you go to to the salad bar before the "grill masters" will start coming around with meat. Meat portions offered also got conspicuousl smaller on return visits -- honestly, the last time a guy came over with their "signature cut," he was basically pushing tiny slivers onto my tongs. It was so pathetic that I just gave up. Worst part, they won't even offer regular tap water -- $2 apiece on top of the already steep costs for "Q Water," which they claim is som kind of specially filtered water. To be honest, the food is very good, and the gimmick of guys coming around with giant slabs of meat is fun, but this was our second visit and I have questioned both times whether we got value for our money.Special Features:
- LunchSkyeDined on 10/8/2014Salad bar is always great and although the meat selection is much more extensive in the evening, the selection is more than adequate for lunch time. Service is always very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodOmorfiafitDined on 10/4/2014We went for my boyfriends birthday as it is his favorite restaurant, there was incredible food and a great setting for his special day. The server we had seemed a bit overwhelmed by the busy night as every table was full in the restaurantSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Expected more...pliwczakDined on 10/4/2014We had some great reviews from friends who have been here. Not sure which location they had been too. Needs booths; something more private. Pretty open and the tables were fairly close together. The salad bar I didn't find very special. They had bread but no butter? The meat was excellent but unless you're a huge meat eater you can only eat so much of it. Potatoes were awesome and so was dessert. Our waiter got us our drinks at the beginning. But never came back to ask if we would like another. So at the end of the meal I finally asked another lady would was grabbing plates from the table. Annoying because I love ordering different drinks but was never offered. Cheese buns were amazing. They should be part of the salad bar!Special Features:
- Soo much meatMeataterianDined on 10/4/2014Staff is very friendly food is amazing... I love meat. very nice place we will for sure go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for the food not the ambience.TobyEdmontonDined on 10/4/2014The dining concept - and the food quality - is still quite fine. Service was very fine. Ambience not so much: We were given a 2-hour time block, we still waited 15 minutes to be seated - even though there were lots of empty tables. Biggest disappointment was the number kids in the restaurant. Some roamed about, hovering at other people's tables. Lots of folks in uber-casual wear which gave the place the impression of being a western saloon. Wine list -expensive. Not all of the meat cuts made it to our table (and though they advertised 11 types of meat - one or two were unavailable that night). I recommend la Pampa for true carnivores with a hearty appetite and a big budget. For a romantic dinner out, not so much.Special Features:
- DifferentZyValDined on 10/4/2014If you are in to red meat you have to try this place . The wine selection is very good . Over all is a good buffet. On the expensive side but good .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I ate too muchBob2bobDined on 10/3/2014The meat parade was non stop. We tried 9 of 10 different meats. I really liked the low noise level.Special Features:
- Great diningMorrisDined on 9/29/2014Excellent service. The salad bar was excellent. The meat was excellent with many choices. Our waiter would bring clean plates when needed. I wished that I had room for more.I left feeling full thanks. The competion should check this place out to find out what service should be.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad seatBoytycoonDined on 9/28/2014i made reservations well in advance and was stuck in a hallway. the guys hardly come down that way with the food. and at the price it was i was expecting more of the good cut of stake but that guy only came 2 times and gave small slivers of meat.Special Features:
- a bit pricy but..slo722VIPDined on 9/28/2014food is not bad, but couple steaks I had I wish they cook it more rare. Chicken was the best for sure, the drumsticks and the bacon wrapped one. salad bar was nice, got to have the mash potato, very nice. I was going to get a glass of wine, but they were in the middle of switching up their inventory, and the one I wanted wasn't available, so I didn't get any wine. starting from that point, our waitress only came once more to fill the water, and the bill at the very end. also I don't like when they charge $2.00 for water, just feel like I am paying $50.00 for the food already, is it necessary to charge me another $2.00 for what they call "Q-Water"? to be honest, I prefer they gave me a choice to choose from tap water...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All you can eat meat. Very good.BahumatDined on 9/28/2014Very noisy restaurant, at least where we were seated, had some loud vibration from the ventilation system rattling on which wasn't very pleasant. Other than that? Nice upscale decor without being too fancy. Great service, not the fastest on refills for drinks but otherwise very quick. Gauchos are pleasant and work with you to get the meat off the skewers. Food? Fantastic. Great quality meat and all you can eat. Rather salty, but that's true to the style of Brazilian steakhouse servings. This is definitely a meat purists' dream. Very few of the meat offerings are seasoned except for salt. No marinades, no spices, just meat, charcoal, salt, and heat. The salad bar deserves special recognition. Very tasty!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always, amazing foodJanefromEdmDined on 9/27/2014We brought friends, newbies to Pampa, and they loved it and we're very excited to hear that one is opening in Calgary. The food and service is always good but boy I wish they could do something about the noise. It is extremely loud, probably because of the concrete floors, and is need of some sound baffling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014great service. Friendly staff. I would love to see some Vegan options at the salad bar. And warm potatoes instead of cold.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & serviceTrefDined on 9/26/2014We recently dined at Pampa for my sister's birthday. The food was excellent and the service was very good. We were able to take our time & did not feel rushed at all. We were a group of seven & found this was a great place for a party that size as the food just kept coming, and we could all choose how much & what we wanted to sample. A wonderful evening out.Special Features:
- Worth every dollardoIreallyneedanicknameDined on 9/26/2014This restaurant is awesome. My wife and I first experienced it on our anniversary and I liked it so much I took my staff there for lunch to show my appreciation for their work on a particular project. Both meals were excellent, with some of my staff commenting that it was the best meal they have ever had. They have a nice salad bar and a few hot side dishes which are good, but the real treasure is the meat. I strongly suggest that if you plan on going here for dinner that you don't eat any other meals that day. Service is very professional, friendly, and prompt. The drinks are a bit expensive and they have discovered a way to charge for tap water, but other than that I have no complaints. I will definitely be coming back.Special Features:
- Good people, Sysco Branding Bad.oldchefDined on 9/24/2014Food was great, Service from the carvers and waitress were stellar, the hostess was distant, cold and clearly only cared about flirting with the big tippers and old men. The main problem I noticed twice is the place reeeeeeks of Sysco branding, there is no personality to the food aside from the way it is cooked in that oven. This is the problem with sysco supplied kitchens. No soul, no search, no passion. Sysco destroys restaurants, and it is no clearer than at pampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday dinnerlatetothepartyDined on 9/24/2014I took my significant other here for his birthday dinner, and the overall experience was very good. He had never eaten at Pampa before, and he loved it. The servers were able to get us in quickly even though we were half an hour late for our reservation. The food was good as always, and the selection at the salad bar seemed better than I remember it. The service was the most memorable part of the night. Our server had impressive knowledge of the drinks and food and was very attentive throughout the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good time, but sounds like...McDeviousDined on 9/23/2014I had a great time. Not my first time eating here. My biggest complaints are it's filled with everyone talking...not a ba thing but all you can constantly here is the crowd. I wish there was some kind of music playing just loud enough to distract you from the conversations around you. Unless you are into eaves dropping, then ignore all this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never again. Made me angry!ScornAtYourOwnRiskDined on 9/20/2014Bad service. Our waiter charged us for 'special water', which I never asked for! He couldn't even give me tap water. The chip system was either completely ignored or strictly followed. The servers would get annoyed no matter what you did. They would still interrupt our meal/conversation even if we all had the red side turned up. Or, if they were already there to serve one of us with a green chip, they would get annoyed if you asked for food if your chip was red. Totally ridiculous. The food wasn't even delicious, no ethnic dishes. This was the first time I left a restaurant angry. I have and will discourage everyone I know and anyone who may be interested in going to the Pampa Brazilian Steakhouse. Save yourself money and frustration.
- Great for Special OccasionsreservationsRequiredDined on 9/20/2014The staff are friendly, knowledgeable and accommodating. The washroom was clean, well maintained and inviting. Lunch time is not as busy and getting around the buffet table and room is easier if you have difficulty walking. As the place gets busy the background noise makes talking to each other difficult. The mini cheese buns were delightful and delicious. Some meat servers were not as experienced as one would expect regarding the dripping from meat when serving, so we were glad they didn't have a dress requirement. Even still it's worth the visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pampa ReviewOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/20/2014Excellent salad bar with a unique array of salad treats & tasty meats! Very efficient servers. Drawbacks are you have no menu selection and for someone that's not a big eater it is very pricey. Also, the ambiance is nothing special and the noise level is high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday DateSaraDined on 9/19/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday, it made a great place for a romantic and celebratory date night. All the food (the salad and appy bar and expertly served cuts of meat) was 10/10. Loved the quick and efficient but not overwhelming service, loved the ambiance, intimate and classy but not intimidating for a young couple such as us. It was busy but the noise wasn't overwhelming, and the sangrias were to die for! Love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but well worth itYummyDined on 9/19/2014The food was amazing. Large salad bar with many delih options then top your plate with as much meat as you can handle. Outstanding service also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeGinoDined on 9/19/2014We had a great time. Good food with lots of flavor! Although being that it was our first time (the process was explained) we didn't realize that the experience went so quick. We didn't have much of a chance to sit and enjoy as we were served good quickly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- sunnyDined on 9/19/2014The salad bar had many unique & delicious items.We felt that the overall cost was high & should include the price of water, sparkling or otherwise, and dessert. Otherwise it was a great experience.Special Features:
- DisappointingTootiecutieDined on 9/19/2014Cheese biscuit starters are great but noticed we were never offered a refill. Salad bar was good. I was pleasantly surprised by the hot items on the buffet. After filling our plates with the sides, the BBQ meat came flying around our table. We tried everything but nothing really had much flavour and a lot of the meats were tough and fatty. I was thankful that I had filled up on side dishes from the buffet. Drinks are very expensive and you pay to drink water as well. Restaurant is noisy and has no ambience.Special Features: