Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine
1 Calle Santa Ana
San Juan, PR 00911Neighborhood:
CaribbeanPrice: $31 to $50
Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.numero1guesthouse.com/pamelas.html
- Phone: (787) 728-3374
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 5:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Caribbean, Seafood
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant can be rented out exclusively for your special event.
- Private Party Contact: Esther Feliciano 7877265010x
A word from Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine
Treat yourself to the Taste of the Tropics. The new world cuisine of the Caribbean, with its emphasis on only the freshest ingredients and seasonings, offers an exciting blend of taste sensations. Caribbean cuisine has been influenced by many culinary disciplines, including European, African, and Asian to name a few. Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine is Open Daily, offering casual fine dining inside with air-conditioned open view seating of the beach or seating outside directly on the beach!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
7 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (7)scenic view (7)romantic (6)special occasion (6)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Great spot!lexadiazDined on 9/12/2014Love the food, the service and the view! You have to try the homemade sangria and the "chillo frito". For dessert try the "tres leches".Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OkJmarleahDined on 8/11/2014It had rained so we didn't eat dinner outside, we may have felt differently if we had, the food was good though very rich and over priced. I also thought the service was slow for an off night (Monday). I think its good if you are itching to go somewhere more fancy then the norm but I have a feeling you can get more for less in Old San Juan or Cornada.Special Features:
- Food was good but small portionsHkicks311Dined on 8/10/2014We ordered coconut shrimp ($28) and the mahi mahi dish ($25). Both dishes tasted great but portions were relatively small in light of the price. The coconut shrimp comes with only 4 large shrimps and rice. Ambiance is great because you can sit at a table right in the sand. You have the option to sit inside where it's air conditioned if you want. Music was nice and light. Service was very slow but our waiter was nice. We just wanted a light dinner and didn't feel pressured to buy an appetizer, side dishes, etc., which we appreciated. Beers will cost you $5/bottle which seems to be the going rate in Condado.Special Features:
- Very unique experienceb70dubDined on 8/9/2014We enjoyed both the food and the location. Price was inflated somewhat (as most decent restaraunts in this area are typical entree price was $28-$35. Bill for two with drinks and 1 dessert was around $100 including tip. Restaraunt was quick to setup umbrellas at each table just before it started raining. Service was very good even though they had a large private party inside the main building at the time. Another good place nearby is Mango's. Prices are much lower there but no beach view and service was not as personalized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- had a great experiencefranniedafoodieDined on 8/2/2014I took my husband there for dinner. The service was awesome, but it could be because when we arrived, it was almost empty (due to storm) but the crowd was coming in as we were leaving. I had the mahi-mahi, my husband had blackened salmon and for dessert I had orange flan. Everything was awesome, I particularly loved the trifongo!!Special Features:
- The following 239 reviews are from the Pamela's Caribbean Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great food, so-so serviceAnniversarycoupleVIPDined on 7/14/2014We went here for our 20th anniversary dinner. We ate dinner right on the beach and watched the sunset. It was beautiful. The service wasn't great, however. After we sat down the waiter told us to move because that table was reserved for someone celebrating something (they never came, perhaps was supposed to be for us?). We told them it was our anniversary and no acknowledgement with dessert, drink, anything. Long wait for food. But other than the waitstaff, the experience was lovely. All our food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great caribbean foodcnewkVIPDined on 7/6/2014Lovely spot on the beach...great food! Service was very attentive and drinks and wine list were top notch. Try the coconut mojito.Special Features:
- The View makes up for the rest.CargustoVIPDined on 7/3/2014If a restaurant has a view like that. You dont have to serve great good. That is the case of Pamela's. The appetizer was good but the amount of served for the entree was too little taste wise it was acceptable. Again, where else can you seat on the beach? Yes on the sand. Miami wishes they could do that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- REALLY on the beach!NYCtravVIPDined on 6/28/2014In the sand, on the beach at this Ocean Beach charmer is always a delight. Great Carribean fare with congenial service. Portions are generous to say the least. We'll be back the next time we are in San Juan!Special Features:
- Hidden gem!MelloMadnessDined on 6/27/2014This restaurant is nestled away in a residential area amongst locals. It has a very romantic ambiance in the evening, with outdoor dining on the beach as an option. To capture the true beauty of dining on the beach, I believe it would be great to dine for brunch to capture the blue waters at its best! The food comes out in heaping portions and in a timely fashion. Our waiter Jose was very accommodating to my food allergies and make it comfortable for me to eat as a normal patron would. If you're in the area, this is a must see place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exquisite dining right on the beachscjcDined on 6/26/2014Our reservation for six on the beach was confirmed and the table was waiting. We felt like we had private dining because of the serenity and breeze and the sand on your feet. The outdoor tables are under a tent so it was like a wedding celebration for our regular Thursday kick off the vacation in San Juan. Our meals were of the highest caliber. Some of the favorites were mahi mahi and the paella. Dishes came with Pamela's famous risotto that must be experienced. We also tried the Puerto Rico sampler appetizers that had enough for 6 people and even got a thumbs up from the teenagers. Staff was attentive and friendly and overall combined to make it a relaxing and superb evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulMrfoodieSmithDined on 5/17/2014Staff was great, the food was great and I had a wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Job!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014Excellent food!!! Excellent ambience!!! Mega liked!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected Delight!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/25/2014Pamela's was an unexpected delight. When we first pulled up we weren't sure what to expect. We had to ring a bell to get in. But what a wonderful surprise. We were lead through the dining room out onto the beach where tables were set up right in the sand, under palm trees, overlooking the ocean. Loved it. The food was also excellent. I ordered the cod tempura. What a lovely surprise when they brought it out and it was shaped like a fish and positioned to swim. It tasted as good as it looked. The cod was light and flaky. My husband ordered a pork dish and said it was the best meal he had during our stay in San Juan. I would highly recommend Pamela's and would definitely go back on our next visit to Puerto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beach EatsPackerMidget12Dined on 3/24/2014The experience at Pamela's is incredible. Sitting directly on the beach with your feet in the sand is awesome. The food was spectacular. We had the paella and Mahi Mahi. Both dishes were Expertly prepared and the paella was enough for 2 people. The Bill includes tip and we didn't notice so our server got a 40% tip but it was worth it. We will be back the next time we are in San Juan.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unbeatable locationsuekDined on 3/18/2014Amazing "on the beach location"; wonderful staff; a bit pricey for salad; ceviche was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining on the beachChesterCourtNeighborVIPDined on 3/6/2014Truly a lovely experience dining outside on the soft pristine sand. The food is creative and fresh - both my 19 year old son and I enjoyed the dining experience. As an aside, he loved it three years ago at age 16 - not usually an adventurous eater, he selected interesing items off the menu both times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pamela'sOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 2/19/2014We dined at Pamela's on a Wednesday evening. Juan was excellent and very attentive to our needs. Our drinks were excellent and we also enjoyed our appetizer - PAMELA’S PIONONOS (ROPA VIEJA STYLE). The flavors were balanced and the meat perfectly cooked. My entree was the CHICKEN BREAST SERVED WITH A CARIBBEAN COCONUT CURRY SAUCE which was excellent. The chicken was tender and juicy with an amazing flavor. My companion ordered the PAN SEARED SALMON WITH COCONUT AND CALABAZA CREAM and couldn't stop raving about her meal. For dessert - the fried plantains and caramel ice cream - which is Ben & Jerry's. Delicious - but dessert may not be not the chef's strength. We enjoyed our meal - the drinks, the food, the service and ambience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachside Dining under Moonlit Sky!IllaVIPDined on 2/17/2014Lovely setting, right on the beach. Stars and moonlight as your ceiling. Lucky to have local musicians performing on the beach, as well. Food was very good. quiet and romantic spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can't beat dinner on the beachCubanoNYCDined on 2/16/2014Very romantic, sitting in the sand right on the beach at night. The food is very good, but uneven in places. The jibaro salad was very good, the calamari was good, but just very good fried calamari. The wine list is quite limited and uninspired. Just a tad bit more care in the selection could make such a difference. The waiter was a little casual for such a nice place and all around service could be a bit more polished, or make it a more casual place in general. We still love the location and the ambience and the food is solid if not revelatory.Special Features:
- love eating with my feet inOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/16/2014love eating with my feet in the sand.... solid food, nice people...Special Features:
- beach diningmahtyDined on 2/13/2014pamela's is a wonderful beach dining eperience, right on the sand. service can be very slow when they're busy, but ok when they're not. wait staff are really nice, though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Ocean Park lunch spotRavensburggeistVIPDined on 2/12/2014really Pamela's has been one of my favorite lunch spots in San Juan for years and it is consistently great for service, ambience, beach location, and great food coming out of the kitchen. It is well-suited for the well-travelled foodie and it is just so refreshing to find a place with view,outdoor location and high quality food too in San Juan. I highly recommend it to everyone I know.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended by Travel guideOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 2/7/2014Recommended by Travel guide and locals, Great find right on the beach, literally!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food was delicious-appetizer,JJ55VIPDined on 2/4/2014The food was delicious-appetizer, main course and dessert! The service was great and were very helpful in getting us a taxi back to our hotel.Special Features:
- Astonishing spot - but food notZorroDined on 1/15/2014Amazing beachfront, feet on sand - full moon - perfect night for birthday dinner. Fruity sauces too sweet - ruined both the pork and mahi specials. "Signature calamari" nothing special. Real disconnect between spectacular setting and food lacking in taste.Special Features:
- Relaxing & Romantic...Can't Beat ItOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 1/5/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our meal at Pamela's. When we first arrived, we were nervous because it looked like it might rain. But the waiter was very understanding and just started us out with drinks before he put in any food orders. Sure enough, it started to rain and I was really disappointed to miss out on the dining experience on the beach. However, he recommended that we go up to the 2nd floor balcony and finish our drinks there. Luckily, the rain stopped while we were there, and he came up to tell us to come back down! We enjoyed the rest of our dinner on the beach - it was private, romantic, and incredibly relaxing. The calamari was good, but the surf & turf (skirt steak & shrimp) and seafood paella were excellent. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fried calamaris came pipingmustangVIPDined on 1/4/2014Fried calamaris came piping hot out of the kitchen, with a mayonnaise sauce. Pork loin was roasted with mofongo, plantain stuffed with yucca root with golden crust, a moist and meaty rice and guava sauce - delicious. Salmon with calabash and coconut cream sauce was tasty. Service by Jose was informative, professional, yet with Puerto Rican warmth and friendliness. Very good!Special Features:
- A nice find...reasonably pricedJohnVIPDined on 1/3/2014It was a nice experience eating on the beach. A bit more relaxed atmosphere...food was great. Red snapper was the best ever.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sandy experience, mediocre food.DrewpresDined on 12/30/2013One Sure thing about literally sitting at tables in the sand is that a windy night, as when we went, will make for sand in your drink, food, clothes, etcetera. I would chalk it up to a "dining experience" but for the food being mediocre at best. I ordered their conch salad and it was overly tough and had no taste. Typically it wound have some chili or kick, but this was just a vinaigrette. I then ordered the signature whole snapper, but they didn't "have any this week". So i ordered the skirt steak as the standby and that was fine but certainly not worth the cost of the cab ride to and from our hotel. Best deal of the evening was a pitcher of Sangria for $35.Special Features:
- Beachside wonderfamilyvacationsDined on 12/30/2013When you leave the congested, gated neighborhood, walk through the restaurant and outside you seem transported to another world, sitting at a table on the sand and under a tent. The food was excellent from apps to dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointinggreatVIPDined on 12/29/2013We had high expectations. This was the only restaurant in san juan on the beach. when we got there we were seated outside on the beach but it was very bland. No ambience at all. a table with 4 chairs and in the middle of other tables. 2 things were terrible: 1. their signature dish is red snapper. we were there very early (6:45 PM) and they were out of red snapper. We wouldn't have gone if we knew that. CALL AHEAD TO RESERVE SNAPPER. 2. During the whole meal, they continuously were moving tables around, I mean disassembling them and putting them up again. This went on for the total 2 hours we were there. then the whole staff would stand right in front of us the whole time and discuss what changes they were going to make next. BAD!
- A delightful nightOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013If you like eating outside on the beach with the sand under your feet, then this is the perfect spot (make sure you request an outdoor table). Although Pamela's is a very romantic place, we took our two teenagers for dinner on Christmas and it was a winner. The food was delicious, the service was excellent and it was a delightful night. We made a nice toast to good health and happiness and I am sure we will always have great memories of Pamela's. The waiter was also very nice to take our family photo with the ocean in the background and the photo has ended up on our New Year's Card this year. Great find, not to be missed when visiting Puerto Rico.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LAB167Dined on 12/25/2013It was Christmas Day and we thought we were doomed to resort food. Luckily we stumbled upon Pamela's through open table. The guava vinaigrette salad dressing is perfect. My daughter had the land and sea. The skirt steak and accompanying risotto were very flavorful. Our friend had a really nice piece of fresh grouper with crab meat. It was not lump crab though and for the price I thought it should be. Likewise for the land and sea, for the price, a piece of tenderloin rather thank skirt steak was in order. Otherwise great atmosphere. We had the good fortune of dining on the beach and it was a beautiful night. The staff was super friendly. I would definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- would definately returnAlizaDined on 12/25/2013Our family of four enjoyed a Christmas Day lunch at this small gem of a restaurant. The menu was varied and included something for everyone in our group, from the tween to the adults. Wait staff was helpful and friendly. Try the mofongo and the coconut creme brulee!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable dinner..GREAT MOJITO !!!TanyaDined on 12/7/2013The rain and wind prevented us from eating outdoors, however, we found the ambiance for dining was excellent indoors. The food was very tasty and well presented. The service was a little slow and they forgot an item, nonetheless, the servers were pleasant. The MOJITO was AWESOME !!! We would definitely go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Everything I had hoped forPapaSmurfDined on 11/24/2013The reviews suggested that Pamela;s would be a great place to eat on the last night of our vacation and we were not disappointed. Was it the sound of the ocean, the end of a great vacation or was it truly amazing food. I think it was a combination of all the above, but our dinner was one of the best meals I have ever had. I hope we get the chance to eat here again and would recommend this with hesitation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Beachfront diningcurlygirl57VIPDined on 11/13/2013Pamela's is located in a private neighborhood, with a secluded beach, offering a view of the skyline of San Juan. Lovely setting. We were fortunate to get a table outside on the sand. We met the chef, José Rosa, a personable and friendly guy, who willingly showed us his tiny kitchen, which was immaculate and filled with busy workers. We each enjoyed a Mojito, though the mint was less than pungent. The best dish, by far, was the Yucca Soup. It was creamy and delicious, with a smoky layer of flavor. We ordered the Paella, which the chef is known for. We were surprised that it was a creative dish served atop a flavorful and filling risotto. The seafood, however, lacked luster- and we love seafood. Shrimp was well cooked, but dry. Rest was ok.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find...TravelerVIPDined on 10/18/2013In San Juan for one night with a group (6) of friends. Found Pamelas on open table. It was nothing short of wonderful. Sat on the beach and everything was great. Our server, Juan, was friendly, attentive and made perfect recommendations for all courses of food. Their house favorite calamari was simply the best we've ever had. We were all very pleased and glad we chose this place. Would definitely return any chance we get.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BEST MEAL In Puerto RicoDanbucsfanDined on 10/13/2013We had a wonderful dinner. The food was superb. Quality, Temperature, taste! I would recommend this restaurant to all. I wish I had the time to go back a second time. The server was knowledgeable friendly, and made our experience even more special.Special Features: