920 Hempstead Turnpike
Franklin Square, NY 11010Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palominosny.com/
- Phone: 5167750047
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 4:00pm.
Dinner: Monday - Sunday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Italian
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Private Room available, Parties up to 80 people, We cater to your catering needs with everything from Sit down party's to buffets, Cocktail parties or just putting together a large table for a gathering. Specializing in Bridal showers, Baby Showers, Birthday parties, Graduations, communions, retirement parties, Brunch etc..
- Private Party Facilities: Private dining available call for details
- Private Party Contact: Bobbie Cammarata 5167750047
- Entertainment: Juke box, Djs, NY State Lotto, Quick Draw,
- Cross Street: Franklin Street
- Public Transit: The M6 bus runs up and down the turnpike all day and night, New Hyde park Rail Road station is about 5 minutes away.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There is 2 lots available to our customers as well as parking on the street. The first lot is on Franklin Street right behind the restaurant. The Second lot is across the turnpike behind the bank in front of the restaurant & Once again there is parking on the street.
A word from Palomino's Restaurant
Palominos is a great little restaurant that offers a large variety of fresh local seafood as well as hand cut steaks and a extensive bar menu with everything from Burgers, Wings & Pizzas to Lobster, Oysters & Fillet Mignon. All of our soups are made fresh daily. Palominos has a lively bar environment, beautiful marble bar, Mahogany walls w/ a cozy lounge area w/ white leather couches and fireplace. We are known in the industry as the place to be after work so we keep our kitchen open till 4am 7days a week to accommodate our patrons. Palominos wine list features over 75 bottles as well as 12 choices of Cold Beer on Tap & 35 bottle selections. We offer private events, All Catering on & off premise. Come on Down & experience Franklin Square's best kept secret!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino's Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
4 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (3)late-night find (2)vibrant bar scene (2)good for groups (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)hot spot (1)romantic (1)great for brunch (1)kid-friendly (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- DrNikDined on 6/14/2014We enjoyed the restaurant and the service was excellent. Our bread was warm and the butter & parmesan was delicious. I had the seafood cakes and they were moist and went perfect with the garlic mashed potatoes. The website showed a party atmosphere but the Saturday night we went it was empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Neighborhood gemFooddocDined on 5/23/2014Neighborhood gem is a good description for Palamino's. The chef definitely knows what he's doing. The salmon is always good. Ribs are usually good but this time seemed leftover. Salads are great. Plenty of bar food on the menu although we usually order full meals. The bar is a lively, fun place, especially on the weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice treatMermaidDined on 5/4/2014So nice to find a nice place in a place far from home! Great food even late. Reasonable wine list. Food was very good and full menu available late. Perfect!Special Features:
- The following 5 reviews are from the Palomino's Restaurant reviews archive.
- What I was expecting wasn'tSandraDined on 2/17/2014What I was expecting wasn't it but it was great. I thought it was more of a romantic dinner kinda place but it is a bar in the Front and restaurant in the back. The food and services was the best I ever had even thou I thought it would be more romantic. I will definitely go again but like a girls night out. You can make it a romantic evening but I rather not. Other then my expectations it was great. You didn't even have to wait long for fresh food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bar trying to be a restaurant,APrinceDined on 2/14/2014It was bad from the start, sat in what looks like a waiting room attached to restaurant. Next to us were couches and another table. Took way too long to get a drink and asked what we wanted to eat before even that drink, twice. Food was glorified bar food at best and to serve a "homemade" seafood cake, deep fried then serve those over breaded previously frozen hockey pucks is sad. Menu mentions none of that, just "homemade." They went back! The tiramisu cake was the best thing we ate, as was the bottle of wine I ordered. And, they clearly don't do a lot of wine as you can't find that basic wine later vintage in stores. Our experience was bad. The steak next to us looked good but won't be going back.
- Neighborhood gemFooddocDined on 1/24/2014We have been going here for years. The food is always fresh and well prepared. Bobby the manager is friendly and accommodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good as alwaysRanunculasDined on 12/24/2013We enjoy all of the Palomino Group restaurants. My husband loves the Paella on the regular menu. We went for the Christmas Eve Prix Fix Menu and were a group of 5. Everybody enjoyed drinks, appetizers, entree and deserts. My only comment is that the Grilled Shrimp on the special menu were a bit small for the number. I love their Blood Orange Sangria and was pleasantly surprised with the chocolate bread pudding for desert. I make my own and this was excellent!Special Features:
- what a gemnyunderVIPDined on 9/11/2013Did not realize Palomino stays open until 4am!!! When I am out late partying and starving, believe me I will stop in. Their food was unexpectedly very fresh. You taste the difference with everything. The Blue Point oysters were the freshest I have ever tasted. They make these special dark fries that also tasted superb!! Salads, Chicken and flounder were all very fresh tasting. I would recommend a visit. To top it all off, they make a cheesecake martini ( if you like dairy) that is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.