Palomino - Seattle
1420 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palomino.com/
- Phone: 2066231300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch: Daily: 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday 4pm-11pm
Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Randy Barkhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 6th & Union - 5th & Pike
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary 2-hour parking with validation weekdays from 11am-2pm, and evenings when entering the parking garage after 5pm. Complimentary validated parking all day Saturday and Sunday. City Centre Parking garage only, entrance on Union between 5th and 6th Avenues.
A word from Palomino - Seattle
New American cuisine influenced by Southern Europe. Located 1 block from the 5th Avenue Theatre and 3 blocks from the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Palomino - Seattle - Best Restaurants in Downtown ›
Palomino - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
195 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (80)special occasion (75)fit for foodies (67)good for groups (58)neighborhood gem (31)vibrant bar scene (30)romantic (28)hot spot (22)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (12)great for brunch (11)scenic view (7)Show More
- Excellent Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/21/2014Clayton was one of the best wait staff I have ever had. Steak Salad awesome and very filling. Wife had scallops which were abundant, I ate one which was the size of crab cake and delicious coating. Hard to find inside building but once there very clean, organized and nice view of building lush building lobby. Great table for four. Seating on time of reservation.Special Features:
- Glad I revisitedjapanesophileDined on 9/19/2014Palomino was the hot downtown restaurant when it first opened but I'd pretty much forgotten about it. As subscribers at ACT Theater, we are regulars at Dragonfish, but we wanted a change so decided to visit Palomino. My roast chicken was like my fictional Parisian grandma would make - fresh, simple but artful - and the accompanying baby potatoes and broccolini were both delicious. And it's still a pleasure to sit above the City Centre atrium and look down at the pedestrians hurrying along the sidewalk. Solid, friendly service and an authentically European quality to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Started with a lovely congratulations card signed by many of their employees, then with an awesome server named Sassy who was absolutely fabulous and obviously loves her job, on to the great food we've come to expect. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeSistersDined on 9/18/2014my sister and I eat here frequently. We enjoy the service, food and it is a beautiful restaurant. It is conveniently located too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodJudeDined on 9/18/2014I return to Palomino for excellent dining before theater or symphony - always good food, engaging service, promptness & all around good time
- "Call" of DutyRonBDined on 9/17/2014We had gone here for dinner prior to attending the theater. Of course, the food was excellent and I have had nothing but good things from the kitchen. The pumpkin seed pesto was absolutely delicious. The thing that amazed me was when we left for the theater, one of my friends accidentally left his keys at the restaurant. Thanks to having a reservation through OpenTable, I received a phone call from the restaurant that the keys were left, so my friend was able to run back to the restaurant to retrieve his keys and still make opening curtain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicegirlsnightoutDined on 9/16/20143 of us were meeting before going to the theater and it happened to be my birthday the next day, so they brought gifts. The waiter was awesome, he did not rush us, gave us separate checks and brought us the desert menu to choose a birthday treat on the house. We shared one and it was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palomino's SeattleFoodieGuyVIPDined on 9/15/2014I've always enjoyed going to Palomino's. It's good food and great location.Special Features:
- Great for Before the ShowLitiVIPDined on 9/13/2014Visited the Palomino for the first time before seeing Chorus Line at the 5th Avenue Theatre. Both of us ordered from the $35 menu which gave us an appetizer, salad or soup, entree, and dessert. All selections were of good size portions and delicious. Only complaint was Caprese salad was not typically caprese but tomatoes and mozzarella in a bed of over-dressed greens. Service was a bit slow so we had to hurry to finish our gelato, but on a show night, not surprising.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Pretty good, nothing special or noteworthy. Good wine list and nice furnishings.Special Features:
- WAHYSTERIADined on 9/10/2014Great location for dinner prior to attending 5th Ave Theater. Delicious food, good wine list and terrific service! Upon arrival the hostess was friendly, server made good recommendations and our meals were delivered in time for us to make our show. Plenty of choices with affordable prices. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Every TimerainierVIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been to Palomino many times and again it was perfect. Try the mushroom soup!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We came for our anniversary and requested lamb ahead of time and we had a marvelous, very special evening at Palomino. We had a very nice table and Lauren is a top notch waitress and was very good to us. Thank you so very much.Special Features:
- Very good timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/6/2014We were heading to a show at the 5th avenue theatre and our server made sure that we were served our wonderful dinner in a timely fashion. I will definitely return to Palomino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodTickledPinkDined on 9/5/2014I had the pork chop with wine reduction sauce, mashed potatoes and asparagus. It was delicious! Nice wine pairings with the specials. Overall, it was a great experience. And very consistent with other visits I've had to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Food not impressiveMalakiaDined on 9/5/2014Although the menu sounded tempting between the four diners at our table, the reality was something different. Chicken under-cooked on one plate and dry on another, pork tenderloin was a chop, not a boneless cut we expected. The chicken cannelloni was presented in a ramekin that Olive Garden would laugh at. Overall, the prices were high for the level of cuisine. It was super noisy...the service was the best aspect...I think it is a great place to meet for drinks and dessert after a show, but would skip dinner. Perhaps lunch would be better?Special Features:
- fun girls nite outpickypartygirlDined on 9/4/2014We have eclectic diet needs (vege, carn, gluten-free, etc). All were easily accommodated, great celebrative, fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Much Improved - Highly Recommend!AnthonyDined on 9/3/2014I've been to Seattle downtown Palomino many times. It's always been a place to go to because it's kind of nice, the location is convenient, and the food is acceptable. My last experience was completely different! The service was exceptional and the food, across the board, was extremely good and every bit worth the price. I'm not sure what they changed but it just went from being a safety location to somewhere to be excited about going. Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/3/2014Our waiter was very competent & friendly. The dining occasion was our wedding anniversary & we were presented with a card signed by many of the staff & not charged for a delicious dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before the showNI70Dined on 9/3/2014This is a great place to come before going to the theater. We love the ambience and menu choices. And...we love the fact that we can park there for no extra cost while we go to the theater. It is always friendly and the service is good.Special Features:
- Nice place convenient local...mbk123Dined on 8/31/2014We had great service and very tasty food. The portions were very good for the price. Our server was sweet and attentive. Other patrons were mixed bag, but not very well dressed for a night out. So not a really good date night venue, fine for friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a good valueGeorger811Dined on 8/31/2014Good food, good service. A bit noisier than usual due to a convention near the restaurant.Special Features:
- Consistently good and reliableVissidarteVIPDined on 8/27/2014We must have hit a slow time 2 experience quiet dining. On the other hand, servers were not easily available, and yet Chase gave his best with a dose of humor! The variety of the Lunch menu is always impressive and has a many inexpensive small plate options. The hostesses recognize faces and remember names. It's like returning home and made welcome with smiles. It's definitely a great downtown choice with easy access 4 foot and car traffic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SassySSSSVIPDined on 8/25/2014I work in the US Bank Centre, so Palomino is convenient. The food is good and they accommodate people with special diets. They can ramp most of their dishes up or down depending on preferences. My experience at Palomino is always kicked up a notch when I am lucky enough to be seated in Sassy's section. She is phenomenal...I hadn't been to Palomino in several months because of a really terrible waitstaff episode (our meals were comped and the waiter is no longer working there), but you would have thought I had been in the day before...Sassy did not miss a beat. She remembered me and my special diet order. She has the formula down...I'm not sure it can be taught. Friendly and responsive without being intrusive. She is on her game!Special Features:
- nicely doneDBonMIVIPDined on 8/18/2014My lunch meeting went very well and the food was really good. The waitstaff was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Had a great timeMJAndyDined on 8/16/2014I hadn't been to Palomino in a long time and it's still as great as ever. The ambiance is wonderful, the food delicious and the service outstanding! I will definitely plan to visit there again soon.Special Features:
- Good foodsouthdakotafoodies1Dined on 8/15/2014We went here after arriving at the Sheraton. The food was very good. It is not an overly fancy place, despite the prices, but it was kid friendly and had good wine. My son loved the fish and chips. Everything we ordered was very good, from apps to desserts. The ambience leaves a bit to be desired, though, as there were unruly children at another table.Special Features:
- sm55Dined on 8/15/2014Great spot for dinner before show or concert in downtown Seattle especially because the restaurant offers free evening parking after 5PM on weekday nights (and all day on weekends we were told).
- Great ServiceReunionDined on 8/13/2014We were a party of 5 that were at a somewhat reunion lunch. Everyone had a great lunch and they have a great menu. Even better, we were seated, served drinks and order taken very quickly. We were all able to eat, enjoy and get back to work within one hour. This is amazing for a packed restaurant. Very enjoyable. Will be back next week for a similar lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for work group luncheons!reservationDined on 8/10/2014all 6 of us had a great lunch...our service was great....they accomodated our need for separate checks....the seafood was especially fresh....serve time was excellent...our waiter while young did an admirable job of tending to 6 elders with ease and humor.....the only issue I would note that others need to know about is access....it can be daunting to find the restaurant inside the bldg and find the right elevators to access it's floor....ASK everyone around how to get to the restaurant via elevators....its save time and is less risky for elders or handicapped as the escalators are a bit scary....otherwise GREAT place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent and staff was very nice and thoughtful in helping my family celebrate my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Just have to say but our server was amazing and was so helpful, we had such a good time here so worth it to go here one of the best places to go for food in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale place with great foodfranwDined on 8/6/2014love the city centre building. vibrant exciting hopping place in the middle of downtown. palomino's is a nice open airy, upscale place with great food and great service as well. both the restaurant side and the bar side are equally hig quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as alwaysKGatMLTDined on 8/2/2014Palomino is a favorite before seeing a play or concert. We have never had a disappointing dinner and I am particularly fond of the Paella. I have not found better in the Puget Sound region. The wine list is resonably priced and the specials are always very good as well. This is the only restaurant where my wife raves about the Tiramisu. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Nice dinner before the showatcsimDined on 8/1/2014Palomino is on the top floor of City Centre and takes up one whole end on both sides of the escalators. I got there early so I stopped in the bar to have a drink. It took a little while for a waitress to come take my order, but there was some sort of private event going on. Once she took my order though, my drink came quickly and she was attentive from then on. The waiter who took our orders for dinner was friendly and helpful. The pita bread with hummus appetizer is delicious as is the cream of mushroom soup. My daughter had the lamb, which she said was really tender, but needed a little more flavor. The chocolate lava cake, however, was incredible. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDelightfulDined on 8/1/2014Lovely place and the food and atmosphere are delightful. And lets not forget delicious.Special Features:
- EMCapDined on 7/30/2014Wonderful food, loved the seafood salad and shrimp with pasta dish. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceorangefrappeDined on 7/29/2014The wait staff was excellent. We had a play to go to and they did their best to get us served within the time frame we had. Food was great.
- Slightly above averagejoyzeDined on 7/29/2014I have been going to the Palomino for years. The prices are not inexpensive for dinner and you would expect to get a well cooked and quantity meal. I ordered a simple grilled salmon and asparagus dinner. Piece of salmon was not that big and since i did not include any other items from the dinner, i would have expected a decent serving of veggies. Slightly disappointing. Salmon could have been slightly less cooked as well.Special Features:
- Above the cloudsThetasteDined on 7/27/2014Great place for a bite or drink. Very knowledgeable staff. Food was splendid. I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.