Palomino - Seattle
1420 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palomino.com/
- Phone: 2066231300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch: Daily: 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday 4pm-11pm
Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Randy Barkhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 6th & Union - 5th & Pike
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary 2-hour parking with validation weekdays from 11am-2pm, and evenings when entering the parking garage after 5pm. Complimentary validated parking all day Saturday and Sunday. City Centre Parking garage only, entrance on Union between 5th and 6th Avenues.
A word from Palomino - Seattle
New American cuisine influenced by Southern Europe. Located 1 block from the 5th Avenue Theatre and 3 blocks from the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
203 reviews since April 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (89)special occasion (86)fit for foodies (64)good for groups (63)romantic (34)neighborhood gem (32)vibrant bar scene (27)hot spot (25)great for brunch (21)notable wine list (21)kid-friendly (20)late-night find (17)scenic view (7)Show More
- nicely doneDBonMIVIPDined on 8/18/2014My lunch meeting went very well and the food was really good. The waitstaff was outstandingSpecial Features:
- Had a great timeMJAndyDined on 8/16/2014I hadn't been to Palomino in a long time and it's still as great as ever. The ambiance is wonderful, the food delicious and the service outstanding! I will definitely plan to visit there again soon.Special Features:
- sm55Dined on 8/15/2014Great spot for dinner before show or concert in downtown Seattle especially because the restaurant offers free evening parking after 5PM on weekday nights (and all day on weekends we were told).
- Great ServiceReunionDined on 8/13/2014We were a party of 5 that were at a somewhat reunion lunch. Everyone had a great lunch and they have a great menu. Even better, we were seated, served drinks and order taken very quickly. We were all able to eat, enjoy and get back to work within one hour. This is amazing for a packed restaurant. Very enjoyable. Will be back next week for a similar lunch!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for work group luncheons!reservationDined on 8/10/2014all 6 of us had a great lunch...our service was great....they accomodated our need for separate checks....the seafood was especially fresh....serve time was excellent...our waiter while young did an admirable job of tending to 6 elders with ease and humor.....the only issue I would note that others need to know about is access....it can be daunting to find the restaurant inside the bldg and find the right elevators to access it's floor....ASK everyone around how to get to the restaurant via elevators....its save time and is less risky for elders or handicapped as the escalators are a bit scary....otherwise GREAT place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday CelebrationOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/8/2014Food was excellent and staff was very nice and thoughtful in helping my family celebrate my wife's birthday.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014Just have to say but our server was amazing and was so helpful, we had such a good time here so worth it to go here one of the best places to go for food in Seattle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- upscale place with great foodfranwDined on 8/6/2014love the city centre building. vibrant exciting hopping place in the middle of downtown. palomino's is a nice open airy, upscale place with great food and great service as well. both the restaurant side and the bar side are equally hig quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great dinner as alwaysKGatMLTDined on 8/2/2014Palomino is a favorite before seeing a play or concert. We have never had a disappointing dinner and I am particularly fond of the Paella. I have not found better in the Puget Sound region. The wine list is resonably priced and the specials are always very good as well. This is the only restaurant where my wife raves about the Tiramisu. We will be back soon.Special Features:
- Nice dinner before the showatcsimDined on 8/1/2014Palomino is on the top floor of City Centre and takes up one whole end on both sides of the escalators. I got there early so I stopped in the bar to have a drink. It took a little while for a waitress to come take my order, but there was some sort of private event going on. Once she took my order though, my drink came quickly and she was attentive from then on. The waiter who took our orders for dinner was friendly and helpful. The pita bread with hummus appetizer is delicious as is the cream of mushroom soup. My daughter had the lamb, which she said was really tender, but needed a little more flavor. The chocolate lava cake, however, was incredible. All in all it was a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DelightfulDelightfulDined on 8/1/2014Lovely place and the food and atmosphere are delightful. And lets not forget delicious.Special Features:
- EMCapDined on 7/30/2014Wonderful food, loved the seafood salad and shrimp with pasta dish. Would definitely recommend!Special Features:
- Excellent ServiceorangefrappeDined on 7/29/2014The wait staff was excellent. We had a play to go to and they did their best to get us served within the time frame we had. Food was great.
- Slightly above averagejoyzeDined on 7/29/2014I have been going to the Palomino for years. The prices are not inexpensive for dinner and you would expect to get a well cooked and quantity meal. I ordered a simple grilled salmon and asparagus dinner. Piece of salmon was not that big and since i did not include any other items from the dinner, i would have expected a decent serving of veggies. Slightly disappointing. Salmon could have been slightly less cooked as well.Special Features:
- Above the cloudsThetasteDined on 7/27/2014Great place for a bite or drink. Very knowledgeable staff. Food was splendid. I will be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/25/2014The last two times I was here I have noticed the service is slipping. Both times we told them we were going to a show and both times I thought I was going to be late! Service starts out great but as the restaurant fills up, you get ignored. I am assuming they are severely understaffed.
- Love PalominosLynnDined on 7/24/2014Each time we come to Seattle, we love coming to Palominos. It is one of our favorite restaurants. The food is good and the service is great. Many come there before going to a musical and they try to get you out in good time. Their salads are outstanding.Special Features:
- PaellaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I think the Paella did not have Saffron ? I could not taste it I actually make better Paella. I do not think you guys are using the right type of rice the taste of the Paella was bland needs to look more yellow and tastySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointingOpenTableMyGoToDined on 7/16/2014We tried the restaurant based on the positive reviews; restaurant is in a mall, but appearance is upscale (do have to ask for the combination to use the restrooms). Server was young, enthusiastic, eager to please. Noticed paella on the menu and asked how much extra time that took, he said not really any, portions are precooked and just put together. That should have tipped us off, but the reviews were positive, so we both ordered with a bottle of wine. It came quickly, and looked good but quite small. The taste of the mussels was off, very fishy, tasted like they were not fresh. Kept trying, but honestly, we just couldn't finish, very bland and disappointing. Pricey at $29, for a barely acceptable Red Lobster dish..wouldn't go back.
- Another great meal!foodladyVIPDined on 7/15/2014Food is always good to great. Room is pleasing to the eye. Noise levels can make conversion a challenge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service2FoodiesVIPDined on 7/12/2014I was dining alone for lunch while attending a convention in Seattle. From the hostess to the server, everyone was pleasant and attentive without being intrusive. The manager was busing tables herself and I commented to her that it was clear she was good at her job. The food was well-seasoned, the fish cooked perfectly, though the pasta was a bit too al dente for my taste. The bread was a soft foccacia and the dip was an olive oil-based chunky tomato and basil dip that was delicious. The Ginger and Pear martini was perfect- not too sweet and not too subtle.Special Features:
- PEknowitallDined on 7/12/2014Food was great, cocktails were pedestrian. Looking for that perfect combo of food and drinks! Didn't go for seconds on my lemon drop. Sad face. Food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MisticretreatDined on 7/11/2014We like going here before going to the 5th Ave Theatre. It did not disappoint us in anyway. Good atmosphere, good food, good service. We never go wrong by dining at the Palomino.Special Features:
- exceptional staffBeachsmoresDined on 7/11/2014We were seated promptly upon arrival at Palomino but could not carry on a conversation due to the screaming of a child at the table next to us. We asked to be moved away from this disruption and were promptly give seating far away from this child and her unconcerned parents. the staff went out of their way to accommodate us in every way and constantly checked in to make sure all was well. the food as usual was excellent! We spent another enjoyable meal at this fabulous restaurant!
- Excellent serviceFinnerDined on 7/11/2014More and more I look for excellent service from restaurants. Palomino has that. Staff is friendly, attentive and helpful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely LunchloveSeattlediningDined on 7/9/2014I met a friend here for lunch whom I hadn't seen in a couple years. We had a delightful experience. The food was excellent--they were very accommodating of my special requests, and attentive but not hovering. The price is decent for Seattle, and it is a comfortable place to sit and talk. I have been here many times in the past and it never disappoints.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was okayFrequentFeederVIPDined on 7/9/2014Palomino-Seattle is located in the City Center, a conglomeration of boutiques and services. Whereas the "mall" itself was pretty quiet and uncroded, the restaurant filled up rapidly, bec as me pretty noisy. We lunched there two days in a row. A good variety of selections. There were a number of artisan pizzas, of which I had the Greek. Unfortunately, I opted in for anchovies when our friends requested them for their Caesar salsds. The salty anchovies detracted from the Greek flavorings. I also had kale soup, which was excellent. Probably didnt even need the pizza, The second time, I had "chicken under a brick". Roasted just right, well-flavored.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A pleasant surpriseskibumdinerVIPDined on 7/2/2014We ate at Palomino on Wednesday night because they offer half off bottles of wine on Wednesday. We did not have high expectations for the food but everything we ate was excellent. We had the paella and the scallops and both were good and portions were generous. The atmosphere is pleasant and casual and the glass fixtures are a nice touch.Special Features:
- Theatre DiningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/29/2014We enjoyed our meal very much. The service was very good and the drinks excellent! Very convenient to the theatre. We had excellent seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnticipationLauraJoDined on 6/26/2014My cousin's wife was in town for business and I suggested we meet at The Palomino for dinner. It was right across the street from her hotel. for the whole day, I kept thinking about my favorite dish. The 4-cheese penne pasta dish is to die for! I was not disappointed that night! Our waiter was very pleasant and helpful. I definitely recommend this restaurant. Because they have an open kitchen it tends to be a little noisy, but it wasn't too bad that night. The prices are mid-range, but you get your money's worth.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another great experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/23/2014I personally have been coming to Palomino for over ten years and my wife has joined me over these last eight. We most often eat in the bar, but we chose to eat in the restaurant for our anniversary and it was perfect, from my wife's special preparation requests, to our cocktails. I will continue to rave about our service and menu selections. Thank youSpecial Features:
- Theater dateJhhandjnhDined on 6/21/2014Goes great with 5th Avenue Theater. Excellent wine. Excellent food Excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a gemendoexpertDined on 6/20/2014Palomino is wonderful. We had the crabmeat and artichoke apetizer which was just delicious. The waiter recommended the pork loin for me and brought extra peach dipping sauce which was wonderful. I had the berry sorbet for dessert which was delicious. One of my friends had the pistachio ice cream again another winner. If I come back to Seattle I definitely will return. Our waiter was knowledgeable and very friendly.Special Features:
- Lunch!MAKdinerDined on 6/20/2014Great place for a business lunch! Food is exceptional...and service also. The Tuna pasta dish was incredible.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Close to theaters and shoppingSkipperjoniDined on 6/18/2014We always enjoy Palomino whether we are taking a midday break from shopping or grabbing a pre-theater dinner. The Mediterranean-style food is excellent, and the ambience is busy. The wait-staff members are knowledgable and friendly and able to suggest dishes with short prep times when you are looking for something quick. Reservations are recommended.Special Features:
- I wish they had been quicker!Ceegee2goDined on 6/18/2014When I called and changed the reservation to 5:45 I specifically stated we wanted to make sure we had plenty of time to dine because we were going to the Fifth Avenue for a show at 7:30 and the hostess said that was enough time. The only trouble is, they didn't serve our entrees until 7:00, or 1 1/4 hours after we got there, leaving us 15 minutes to eat and then pay the bill. So we all had our dinners boxed to take with, which wasn't what we wanted at all! On the plus side, it was half price bottled wine night, and we had a lovely Petite Syrah.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Um, preferences anyone?etingoodDined on 6/16/2014On my Open Table reservation I requested a booth if possible. Imagine my surprise when the hostess walked me past all of the vacant booths to a table up 2 steps (I am quite obviously a disabled walker). I expressed a request for a booth and was asked to walk to the front while new seating was arranged. Due to my unstable walk, I asked to just wait where I was. A booth was arranged and we had a delightful waitress and delicious food. Too bad the host didn't read and honor the request from the beginning. Still, I will return as I love the ambience and the exuberance of the staff. Oh, the restaurant was not very busy or full that day, either.Special Features:
- Just okBelltowngirlVIPDined on 6/15/2014The space is loud in the top of a shopping center. The bathrooms stunk and you had to use a code to get in that you had to ask for. The food was just ok. The server barely noticed us and getting a salt and pepper shaker was the craziest thing I ever had to ask for in a restaurant. They did give my brother a father's day gift card which is nice. The desserts were great.
- tasty foodOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/14/2014It was a Father's day dinner with our kids. Food was tasty, atmosphere friendly and energetic. That camouflaged our "group noise" nicely. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone who wants an elegant-to- comfortable place to eat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AlexVIPDined on 6/14/2014Bread arrived late. We needed to reorder the bread topping. We were seated at 6:30 but did not have time for dessert due to 8PM theater tickets.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.