Palomino - Seattle
1420 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palomino.com/
- Phone: 2066231300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch: Daily: 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday 4pm-11pm
Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Randy Barkhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 6th & Union - 5th & Pike
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary 2-hour parking with validation weekdays from 11am-2pm, and evenings when entering the parking garage after 5pm. Complimentary validated parking all day Saturday and Sunday. City Centre Parking garage only, entrance on Union between 5th and 6th Avenues.
A word from Palomino - Seattle
New American cuisine influenced by Southern Europe. Located 1 block from the 5th Avenue Theatre and 3 blocks from the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
201 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for lunch (80)good for groups (75)special occasion (74)fit for foodies (72)vibrant bar scene (40)romantic (35)hot spot (34)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (23)kid-friendly (16)late-night find (11)great for brunch (9)scenic view (5)Show More
- Good SaveD12e2Dined on 10/18/201420 minutes to get seated WITH a reservation. Servers were great. Then a dish that had been requested to be prepped non-specific was OVER spicy but servers went to the rescue nd a quick fix was made. They comped that meal and bought us dessert. Who could object to that kind of treatment?
- Birthday at PalominoAliL21Dined on 10/18/2014I went to Palomino over the weekend to celebrate my 25th birthday. When we arrived we found our other two group members in the bar enjoying drinks. The four of us were promptly seated. The booth was a bit tight but it was comfortable. Our waiter was fantastic and went our of his way to make us feel welcome. We quickly got drinks ordered as we looked over the dinner menu. Everything looked incredible and our waiter made sure to give us a few suggestions. We ordered the paella, coriander salmon, lamb shank and roast chicken cannelloni. Our food came out promptly and everything was delicious! I received a complimentary creme brûlée for dessert that was wonderful, as well. We couldn't have been happier with our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Chris was great, food too!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent and the food tasty as always.Special Features:
- Best waiter everLimotDined on 10/17/2014Excellent ambiance, tasty food, and the best waiter I've ever encountered in my life. Ask for Eric if you go there. Close to 5th Avenue Theater for a nice meal before a show. Again, Eric is the best waiter. When we go back, he's the man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2muchsaltDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good but very salty. All 4 in my party said the same and we needed to purchase water bottles to bring in to 5th Ave.Special Features:
- Great stop before 5th Avenue showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The staff at Palomino was very friendly and made sure we made our show at 5th Avenue. They validated our parking and also included a discount so this is a no-brainer for future visits to the 5th Avenue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!SenatorMonkeyDined on 10/12/2014Seeing the size of the restaurant, I was expecting pretty standard fare, but was very impressed with the quality of the food. Sierra, our server, was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Our service was awesome. I just didn't like how it's in the middle of a shopping area and the pizza we ordered was underwhelming, actually it wasn't good, at all.
- PrincessDined on 10/11/2014Food was great. Server helped to get us to the 5th on time.Special Features:
- Great service - food so sowyeventerDined on 10/11/2014We had an excellent server but our food was only so-so. Both had soup and that was delish. My partner had the pork tenderloin which had been under the heat lamp so long the potatoes were a solid cake and the pork was well done... it was even questionable that it was tenderloin as it did not appear to be that type of cut. My dish was a chicken pasta and it was tasty but nothing special. They did take off the pork from our check (even though we didn't really complain) and were very nice but I still don't think I would go back for dinner. I've heard happy hour is good and they have 1/2 price wine on Wednesdays so that is worth coming for a few small bites. The pizza did look yummy and they had some interesting appetizers on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 😎RitaLoDined on 10/9/2014Great food and great place to go before or after for The 5th Avenue! They validate your parking and just a short walk! Roasted Chicken to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereLikes8sDined on 10/9/2014This is a great restaurant where the food is consistently good. It is so convenient when attending the theater to park and walk. Unfortunately, a member of our party ordered the paella and it was too watery so server immediately replaced it with her second choice of seafood pasta. I'm surprised that they did not serve it with a spoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular FavoriteDucatirider98110Dined on 10/9/2014Located on third floor of Bank of America building in downtown Seattle the Palamino has been a regular favorite of mine for many years. Always great food and service. Can be very difficult to get a table at times, so a reservation is recommended. Open Table makes it quick and easy to guarantee I'll have a table.Special Features:
- Decent food and very loudWineMeDineMeDined on 10/8/2014We went to Palomino for appetizers and drinks before going to the theatre. We loved the lamb empanadas. The rest of the food was good; interesting, but nothing special. At the time of our visit, they were offering half-priced bottles of wine, which certainly added to the value. The noise level was very high and made conversation difficult. There was an intensity to the experience which was a bit off-putting. Still, we might go back...or not.Special Features:
- MargieDined on 10/8/2014Nice Evening. Like the half-price wine on Wednesdays. Also, with going to the 5th Avenue Theater after dinner, there is free parking and 10% off our tab.... which we all really liked For a review of the food, friend didn't think the Cobb Salad was up to par. My seafood ( crab and shrimp) didn't really have much crab.... Also like Open Table as we always get good seats, when we reserve through your service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always WonderfulAgiardeVIPDined on 10/7/2014The Palomino is always a wonderful place to go for lunch. I never have a bad meal and the servers are some of the friendliest in town. Do yourself a favor and go there.Special Features:
- GooddontgetoutmuchDined on 10/4/2014Service was outstanding. Drinks were excellent. The scallops I ordered were over done (burnt), but I didn't send them back. My husband's steak was excellent though.Special Features:
- Amazing random findNiichDined on 10/3/2014We strolled into this place late and were not expecting much. This place was amazing! We had some cheese penne pasta dish and It was life changing! So good! The service was amazing as well. Definitely recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good lunchpb37rmDined on 10/2/2014Lunch was served timely and food hot. I had the pizza which is always a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ServiceAnn13Dined on 10/1/2014Very attentive service and willing to be patient with ordering when two old friends are "catching up". Great location and convenient parking. I love the bar scene as well. The restaurant portion is more intimate which is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchHelenDined on 9/30/2014Our office team went out for a celebratory birthday lunch and three of us had the almond crusted scallops. They were delicious and were the highlight of our luncheon.Special Features:
- Palomino Was Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/30/2014Met a colleague here for lunch, and it was perfect. Good selection, great service, and reasonably priced.Special Features:
- Love this place!PickyeaterDined on 9/27/2014We arrived a little early and were sat right away. The service and the food were outstanding. One of my favorite restaurants due to the consistency of the overall ambience, food, and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre-theaterGFdinerDined on 9/27/2014Perfect for before the theater dining. Nice variety of menu selections, gluten free options and attentive servers. Our dinners were delicious and we had a leisurely dinner with plenty of time before the show.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great StaffVeryPleasedCustomerDined on 9/26/2014I brought my girlfriend to Palomino's for dinner before a ballet and chose to propose over dinner. I notified the staff before-hand and they were all very friendly and helpful. They gave us a fantastic table with as much privacy as they could and were prompt with all of their service, without being pushy. They even asked at the beginning of the meal when we would need to be out by, so as to better accommodate us. I arranged for a couple of our friends to show up to take pictures, and the staff was very helpful in bringing them into the restaurant to a position where they could see us, but we couldn't see them. And on top of all of the great service, the food was delicious! My fiance and I were well pleased by everything at Palomino's.Special Features:
- Brianna123Dined on 9/26/2014Palomino's offers great food and excellent service and provides some parking validation at City Centre. Tables are situated so there is privacy while dining and they have a great happy hour as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palomino's! Great ChoicepatticDined on 9/25/2014We make Palomino's our Go-To place before every 5th Avenue Musical. The Maple Chicken with Pecan Crusted Blue Cheese is AMAZING! Highly recommend it--just don't come on the days we do as we have yet to wait for a table!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service & FoodRovinMikeDined on 9/21/2014Clayton was one of the best wait staff I have ever had. Steak Salad awesome and very filling. Wife had scallops which were abundant, I ate one which was the size of crab cake and delicious coating. Hard to find inside building but once there very clean, organized and nice view of building lush building lobby. Great table for four. Seating on time of reservation.Special Features:
- Glad I revisitedjapanesophileDined on 9/19/2014Palomino was the hot downtown restaurant when it first opened but I'd pretty much forgotten about it. As subscribers at ACT Theater, we are regulars at Dragonfish, but we wanted a change so decided to visit Palomino. My roast chicken was like my fictional Parisian grandma would make - fresh, simple but artful - and the accompanying baby potatoes and broccolini were both delicious. And it's still a pleasure to sit above the City Centre atrium and look down at the pedestrians hurrying along the sidewalk. Solid, friendly service and an authentically European quality to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Anniversary DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/19/2014Started with a lovely congratulations card signed by many of their employees, then with an awesome server named Sassy who was absolutely fabulous and obviously loves her job, on to the great food we've come to expect. Well done!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite placeSistersDined on 9/18/2014my sister and I eat here frequently. We enjoy the service, food and it is a beautiful restaurant. It is conveniently located too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always goodJudeDined on 9/18/2014I return to Palomino for excellent dining before theater or symphony - always good food, engaging service, promptness & all around good time
- "Call" of DutyRonBDined on 9/17/2014We had gone here for dinner prior to attending the theater. Of course, the food was excellent and I have had nothing but good things from the kitchen. The pumpkin seed pesto was absolutely delicious. The thing that amazed me was when we left for the theater, one of my friends accidentally left his keys at the restaurant. Thanks to having a reservation through OpenTable, I received a phone call from the restaurant that the keys were left, so my friend was able to run back to the restaurant to retrieve his keys and still make opening curtain!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ServicegirlsnightoutDined on 9/16/20143 of us were meeting before going to the theater and it happened to be my birthday the next day, so they brought gifts. The waiter was awesome, he did not rush us, gave us separate checks and brought us the desert menu to choose a birthday treat on the house. We shared one and it was perfect for us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palomino's SeattleFoodieGuyVIPDined on 9/15/2014I've always enjoyed going to Palomino's. It's good food and great location.Special Features:
- Great for Before the ShowLitiVIPDined on 9/13/2014Visited the Palomino for the first time before seeing Chorus Line at the 5th Avenue Theatre. Both of us ordered from the $35 menu which gave us an appetizer, salad or soup, entree, and dessert. All selections were of good size portions and delicious. Only complaint was Caprese salad was not typically caprese but tomatoes and mozzarella in a bed of over-dressed greens. Service was a bit slow so we had to hurry to finish our gelato, but on a show night, not surprising.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/10/2014Pretty good, nothing special or noteworthy. Good wine list and nice furnishings.Special Features:
- WAHYSTERIADined on 9/10/2014Great location for dinner prior to attending 5th Ave Theater. Delicious food, good wine list and terrific service! Upon arrival the hostess was friendly, server made good recommendations and our meals were delivered in time for us to make our show. Plenty of choices with affordable prices. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistent Every TimerainierVIPDined on 9/8/2014I have been to Palomino many times and again it was perfect. Try the mushroom soup!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We came for our anniversary and requested lamb ahead of time and we had a marvelous, very special evening at Palomino. We had a very nice table and Lauren is a top notch waitress and was very good to us. Thank you so very much.Special Features: