Palomino - Seattle
1420 5th Ave.
Seattle, WA 98101Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Seattle
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palomino.com/
- Phone: (206) 623-1300
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch: Daily: 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday: 4pm-10pm, Friday & Saturday 4pm-11pm
Sunday-Thursday 11am-11pm, Friday & Saturday 11am-midnight
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Randy Barkhurst
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Cross Street: 6th & Union - 5th & Pike
- Parking: Private Lot
- Parking Details: Complimentary 2-hour parking with validation weekdays from 11am-2pm, and evenings when entering the parking garage after 5pm. Complimentary validated parking all day Saturday and Sunday. City Centre Parking garage only, entrance on Union between 5th and 6th Avenues.
A word from Palomino - Seattle
New American cuisine influenced by Southern Europe. Located 1 block from the 5th Avenue Theatre and 3 blocks from the Convention Center.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - Seattle reviews from OpenTable diners
216 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (88)fit for foodies (84)good for groups (80)great for lunch (74)vibrant bar scene (43)romantic (42)hot spot (40)neighborhood gem (32)notable wine list (26)late-night find (19)kid-friendly (14)great for brunch (7)scenic view (6)Show More
- Always a treat!ChattyKathyVIPDined on 11/22/2014WE always enjoy going to Palomino because the food is consistently excellent, the service is good and the prices are good value for the quality received.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/18/2014I got the butternut squash risotto and it was amazing. The service was great as wellSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This used to be one of our favorites.196823Dined on 11/17/2014The table for three was dark and gloomy. We asked for a candle to try to brighten it up and one was finally dug up and placed on the table. The butternut squash risotto with scallops ($27) sounded delicious but the scallops had all been over done and the risotto was cold. Bread was brought to our table after we'd been sitting there for an hour and asked for it twice. Our waiter was overly attentive at first and then couldn't be found when things got busy. He tried clearing our plates while two people were eating and I literally had a fork in my hand. My latte at the end was cold and served in a tiny mug. In the last year this restaurant has really been sliding downhill. With the many terrific choices downtown in the same price range, it makes sense to go somewhere else sadly.
- Excellent overallJojoandjustin99Dined on 11/16/2014We went for my husbands birthday and they did and excellent job! Great service and the food recommendations were spot on. The tirimesu is to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service and food.JohnBorisDined on 11/12/2014The food was great and the service was just as great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistantly GoodlovegreatfoodDined on 11/8/2014We had the nicest server!!! He was genuine, kind, and competent! I wish I would have gott3en his name. He was attentive without being overbearing and when above and beyond when my sister's steak was just a little more red than she wanted. The food was great I had the Bolognese and it was so good... I love spicy so it hit the spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The forgotten gemMariainmauiVIPDined on 11/7/2014Great food, great service, great atmosphere! I forgot how great this place is. We took my mom for a goof away dinner and while we look for a fun scene, she likes an upscale atmosphere and we were all so very happy!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Going Away LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/7/2014The service and food was great. Thanks for making it such a memorable lunch!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreDarkTruth1VIPDined on 11/7/2014Food quality has really fallen off. My chicken Parmesan was soggy and pasta accompanying way overtcooked. Place also needs refreshing as decor is old and tired. Too bad, as this place was really good for a long time.Special Features:
- Perfect Pre-concert SpotRocky9Dined on 11/6/2014Noise was high because we were at a table right next to the bar. Tables in the other part of the restaurant are quieter. I had an Ahi Puttenesca and my wife a pork loin chop. Both were very good; we split the Bleu cheese salad, also very good. We also had a decent bottle of Malbec, and a mediocre by-the-glass pour. The pumpkin gelato was very tasty. Our waiter was friendly and very efficient and attentive.Special Features:
- enjoyed our dinnerenjoygoodfoodDined on 10/31/2014Service was great, got served very quickly. Food was very good and enjoyed the location, layout of the restaurant.Special Features:
- janeVIPDined on 10/29/2014Food ok. Cocktails good. Service fair. Wouldn't hurry backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalominoMikkiDined on 10/28/2014While convenient, the food was only okay. The calamari was good and the salads (blue cheese) were great but the entrees were heavy in sauce with little else. The chicken cannelloni had very little chicken--mainly a runny cheese sauce. Servers were nice but never checked back after delivering the food. They did not ask why the entree got left. Not at the level of other Seattle restaurants.Special Features:
- WHAT A FIND!4outoftownersDined on 10/27/2014There are many good restaurants in Seattle, but the Palomino is a nice find for us. The food is terrific, the staff is friendly, and it is located in the heart of downtown Seattle. Whether going to the theaters, shopping, or just enjoying the downtown excitement, the Palomino is comfortable, the staff does not rush the meal, and we could hear each other without raising our voices. If you are visiting Seattle and are in the mood for Mediterranean cuisine, I strongly recommend the Palomino - great food, great beverages, great location.Special Features:
- FoodyExtraordinaireDined on 10/26/2014The Palomino is a place to go on a special occasion, lunch with a friend, dinner after the theater or shopping or a glass of wine with that special person. Their Salmon Coriander was an out of this world special this past weekend. The Palomino always delivers with great ambience, food and service. I have never been disappointed!Special Features:
- Last minute findHollyDined on 10/25/2014Service great, Food yummy! I had one of the seasonal specials great meal. Enjoyed everything we ordered. Affordable wine list.Special Features:
- After show dinnerHungryDined on 10/25/2014We enjoy the convenience of Palomino for the good dinner after watching a great musical at the 5th Avenue Theater.Special Features:
- One of our favoritesFoodloverDined on 10/25/2014Palomino is always good. We know we can count on their food to be great, regardless of what we order.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too busy tonightkarenDined on 10/24/2014Friendly and attentive staff, but somehow order got entered wrong resulting in completely wrong main course for one member of party of three and substantial wait for correct dish! Manager offered to comp the dinner. We are regulars at Palomino as it is so convenient for 5th Ave Theater, and service is usually dependable despite the size of the restaurant.Special Features:
- Always a joydavistoDined on 10/24/2014We thoroughly enjoy ourselves when we dine with you. We live in Tacoma but frequent Seattle for symphony and theater. We always plan on having dinner in Seattle before those events. Palomino is one of those destination dining choices.Special Features:
- Great service, competent foodPeggyDined on 10/23/2014Palominos is predictable in a good way. I used to eat here regulatrly when I worked downtown more than 10 years ago. That's how long it's been since I've been. The staples -- great pizza, rotisserie chicken, are still there. The service is fast and friendly. The food, well, beyond the staples, it's fine. Not a wow but dependably good.
- Great place before plays at the 5thFood4thoughtDined on 10/23/2014The Palomino was a great choice for dinner before our evening at the 5th Ave. There were 4 of us, we all had something different and we all loved our choices. The service was very good even with a packed restaurant and the fact we were late due to traffic we enjoyed appetizers, drinks, our entre and dessert and we still had time to spare! They also validate parking. My only complaint for the whole evening was Seattle TRAFFIC!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Before theater diningluv2eatDined on 10/22/2014Staff was very mindful of our being served and finished in time to attend theater...food was served promptly and preparation was great. Would heartedly recommend this place to anyone going to theater or just spending time downtown.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- always greatJudeDined on 10/22/2014Perfect for an excellent meal before theatre, symphony, musical - whatever. Service is always excellentSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never going back to Palomino!frequentseattledinerDined on 10/22/2014My daughters and I were celebrating our night out with dinner and a musical. We choose Palomino because we thought their menu looked interesting. They also advertised free parking and a discount on food if dining prior to a local theater show. Sadly we were very disappointed on all counts! The food was mediocre, the service SLOW, we discussed the theater event we were going to with our waiter, but he failed to give us our discount on food and we had to go back and beg for them to validate our parking. Then the hostess asked us to give up our table immediately after I had just taken my last bite because they had people waiting. The entire experience was terrible. I will NEVER go back and neither will my daughters or their friends.
- Always superbtonkaseattleDined on 10/22/2014Palomino's is one of our favorites for lunch - the food and service are always superb, and they are always willing to substitute a vegetable for starch or carbs upon request.Special Features:
- Don't go early.DukeDined on 10/19/2014Good food but spotty service. Went on Sunday around 11:30 am & were one of the first ones there. Acknowledged our OpenTable reservation but not the special request for a booth. We were taken to a table in the back tier of the restaurant. Had to request to be moved to a table near the front (the place was empty!). Food was good but coffee refills were non-existent. Server took our orders, delivered the drinks then disappeared. Someone else delivered the food & we had to go find our server to request our check. Great location, good food, but the impersonal, inattentive service greatly detracted from our experience.Special Features:
- Good SaveD12e2Dined on 10/18/201420 minutes to get seated WITH a reservation. Servers were great. Then a dish that had been requested to be prepped non-specific was OVER spicy but servers went to the rescue nd a quick fix was made. They comped that meal and bought us dessert. Who could object to that kind of treatment?
- Birthday at PalominoAliL21Dined on 10/18/2014I went to Palomino over the weekend to celebrate my 25th birthday. When we arrived we found our other two group members in the bar enjoying drinks. The four of us were promptly seated. The booth was a bit tight but it was comfortable. Our waiter was fantastic and went our of his way to make us feel welcome. We quickly got drinks ordered as we looked over the dinner menu. Everything looked incredible and our waiter made sure to give us a few suggestions. We ordered the paella, coriander salmon, lamb shank and roast chicken cannelloni. Our food came out promptly and everything was delicious! I received a complimentary creme brûlée for dessert that was wonderful, as well. We couldn't have been happier with our experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server Chris was great, food too!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent and the food tasty as always.Special Features:
- Best waiter everLimotDined on 10/17/2014Excellent ambiance, tasty food, and the best waiter I've ever encountered in my life. Ask for Eric if you go there. Close to 5th Avenue Theater for a nice meal before a show. Again, Eric is the best waiter. When we go back, he's the man.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2muchsaltDined on 10/16/2014The food was very good but very salty. All 4 in my party said the same and we needed to purchase water bottles to bring in to 5th Ave.Special Features:
- Great stop before 5th Avenue showOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014The staff at Palomino was very friendly and made sure we made our show at 5th Avenue. They validated our parking and also included a discount so this is a no-brainer for future visits to the 5th Avenue.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Surprising!SenatorMonkeyDined on 10/12/2014Seeing the size of the restaurant, I was expecting pretty standard fare, but was very impressed with the quality of the food. Sierra, our server, was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/11/2014Our service was awesome. I just didn't like how it's in the middle of a shopping area and the pizza we ordered was underwhelming, actually it wasn't good, at all.
- PrincessDined on 10/11/2014Food was great. Server helped to get us to the 5th on time.Special Features:
- Great service - food so sowyeventerDined on 10/11/2014We had an excellent server but our food was only so-so. Both had soup and that was delish. My partner had the pork tenderloin which had been under the heat lamp so long the potatoes were a solid cake and the pork was well done... it was even questionable that it was tenderloin as it did not appear to be that type of cut. My dish was a chicken pasta and it was tasty but nothing special. They did take off the pork from our check (even though we didn't really complain) and were very nice but I still don't think I would go back for dinner. I've heard happy hour is good and they have 1/2 price wine on Wednesdays so that is worth coming for a few small bites. The pizza did look yummy and they had some interesting appetizers on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful 😎RitaLoDined on 10/9/2014Great food and great place to go before or after for The 5th Avenue! They validate your parking and just a short walk! Roasted Chicken to die for!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereLikes8sDined on 10/9/2014This is a great restaurant where the food is consistently good. It is so convenient when attending the theater to park and walk. Unfortunately, a member of our party ordered the paella and it was too watery so server immediately replaced it with her second choice of seafood pasta. I'm surprised that they did not serve it with a spoon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Regular FavoriteDucatirider98110Dined on 10/9/2014Located on third floor of Bank of America building in downtown Seattle the Palamino has been a regular favorite of mine for many years. Always great food and service. Can be very difficult to get a table at times, so a reservation is recommended. Open Table makes it quick and easy to guarantee I'll have a table.Special Features: