Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
159 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (92)great for outdoor dining (81)good for groups (68)special occasion (54)great for lunch (47)vibrant bar scene (46)romantic (36)fit for foodies (34)neighborhood gem (31)great for brunch (27)hot spot (21)notable wine list (17)late-night find (15)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Drinks for sure...FirstdateDined on 9/11/2014Great place for meeting someone for a drink.. Google was ok. Great view. Would come back for a drink, dinner, no.Special Features:
- Not From HerereluctantreviewerDined on 9/11/2014Met a friend from New Jersey for dinner at Palomino's. We both loved our meal (scallops) and desert (italian donuts) along with the Cosmolitian and a couple of glasses of wine. Sat by the window - enough of view with just the right amount of privacy for discussion. Our Server was excellent!Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Eaten here many times since it opened. Food and service has always been excellent. You can be confident that your client or other will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Great View, Great FoodSberryVIPDined on 9/7/2014The view of the bridge is hard to beat. Both salmon dishes we ordered were perfect! The tiramisu was more chocolate than normal and the black wild rice wasn't our favorite but the fish more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Reluctant to SharePhuGazieDined on 9/6/2014This place is always crowded during happy hour and weeknights, but it's amazing for brunch and NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW (yet). There's no line, the food is still great and the bloody mary bar rocks. I've decided I'm only coming on the weekends now.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Consistent quality and a great location to meet out of towners. We love the view of the bridge.Special Features:
- DotAnonDined on 9/1/2014Palomino is my go-to place when I am in SF: shopping, theater-going, walking, sight-seeing. The view is gorgeous, the food never disappoints, and the service is impeccable. But I must mention another gold-star draw: you can park FREE in the garage under the restaurant. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't consistentRonAnneDined on 8/31/2014The view of the bridge lights were excellent. We had great service at the beginning. The waiter showed great understanding of the wines and menu. However into the meal she was busy serving a large group and forgot about us. We asked for the check twice.Special Features:
- SanFranProVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very convenient location in the Westfield Shopping Center near high-end shopping and cinema. The main drawback is the canned music that is aat too high a level. The Singapore-Malay-Japanese inspired courses wqere quite good; the soup was over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a wonderful experience!BBQLoverDined on 8/29/2014It had been a few years since I had been here, but when I needed a place to celebrate a successful business trip, this was my pick. I'm glad I went. My co-worker and I both really enjoyed our meals. What really impressed us, though was the service. This was the type of thoughtful, engaged and knowledgeable support I would expect at a meal costing twice as much or more. Would certainly go back the next time I am in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday lunchDiBoDined on 8/25/2014lots of options for lunch with a great variety. I always go with the mix and match combo with soup or salad and sandwich and pasta. and the gorgonzola fries aren't on the menu but ask for them anyway.Special Features:
- Great ambience, good foodpennyDined on 8/24/2014Cocktail was excellent and I'm a hard judge because I make my own and love experimenting. Caprese salad was not a true caprese salad, but overlooking that it was tasty. party of 3, we all ordered seafood entrees, which were quite good. The beer ordered by my companions was not as cold as they liked it. One member of the party thought he would not come back because the food was not good enough by the standards of what can be found in SF. I would go back myself. Loved the parking was easy and free with validation from the restaurant. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Only complaint, the wine we ordered to go with our entrees should have arrived slightly before or with the food, not several minutes later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling tiredSD4BrianVIPDined on 8/23/2014Was here for bday dinner. The good--great service. The disappointment --table area-carpet-not clean and the fact that 3 of the 7 orders had to be changed as the specials ran out after spending much time making decisions. Then food arrived after an hour from arrival time--only to have two of the dishes not cooked properly. One of the redo's came back burned/over cooked and not eaten (deleted from check). Some of the group liked their mains in all fairness. The mgt was responsive and came through in the end to rescue the night. I've eaten here for many years but I left that night feeling it's tired and in need of a major refresh.Special Features:
- Great dinner with big groupkontichDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed out dinner at Palominos. Great service, Carlos took great care in making sure we always had what we needed. Good food and drink. We will be back.Special Features:
- WhocaresDined on 8/23/2014It looks like a good casual dining place. Waiter was great. Food was only okay. Next time, i will try more casual menu options, like pizza, etc. Otherwise a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Out Of Town Visitors Here!MarionMcVDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Palomino lots of times before, but not so much in the last few years, except for lunch. We came to celebrate an anniversary. The food was consistently good - my husband enjoyed his paella, my daughter liked her vegetarian options, and I liked the pork chop with the slightly smoky flavor. The African chicken soup before the main dish was my favorite part of dinner -- full of unexpected flavors and textures. We had the good fortune to sit at a window table. All was good and enjoyable -- and then the bridge lights came on. It was absolutely magical. I urge everyone to bring out of town visitors here in the early evening, if you want them to fall in love with San Francisco and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingLibbyDined on 8/20/2014As a large group we had changes in the number of people up to the last minute. Palomino was accommodating and the changes were easy to make. Once we were there the restaurant staff was great, and the wide variety of selections was great for such a diverse group.Special Features:
- service not that greatScarlettDined on 8/17/2014Our server was not really up to snuff. Didn't know what kind of liquor is in a seabreeze, had to be asked continuosly to refill our water glasses, didn't get out wine order to us in time to enjoy with our desert, brought us desert menus that were dirty and not in good shape .Special Features:
- A Must DoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Palomino is our go to in San Francisco, the ever changing Chef menu always offers a great selection and gets you to try something outside of the box. The service is great and you get your food and drinks in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:
- EasytopleaseDined on 8/11/2014The mushroom soup was not as good as in previous visits; it seems they adjusted the recipe making it seem more diluted in flavor and texture. The rest of the food was very good and we had good service by Saulo. Very noisy environment and the background "music" , mostly bass droning, was totally unnecessary.Special Features:
- their patio is a perfect lunch spotDiBoDined on 8/7/2014A great spot to sit outdoors on a beautiful day to enjoy the view, a nice glass of wine and a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Always excellentrajackson6Dined on 8/6/2014Despite only being able to get a reservation 90 minutes out, we showed up early, and they were able to move us up 30 minutes. Our waitress...Lucy...was great, and took care of us very well. The seafood special worked out perfectly, and everything was as anticipated...except for the deviled truffle eggs...they were lacking a bit from the last experience. All in all, highly recommend Palomino...oh--half-price wine bottles on Wednesdays, all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise centralneighborDined on 8/5/2014A huge cocktail party was going on within 10 feet of our table and it was not the place to celebrate our 30th anniversary! We like high energy but this was ridiculous. We could barely speak to one another and the service was incredibly bad. It took over 30 minutes to get our wine. It was as if our waiter totally forgot we were there. Maybe a new name of "Palominitto" would reflect that if you're over 40, another place would be more suitable. We'd been there twice before and it had been fine.Special Features:
- Great Meal - Inconsistyent ServiceArtOVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our meal was very nice at Palomino. I had the Scallops and my date had the pork loin. Both were well prepared and very tasty. The server at our table was great, and the food arrived quickly. The real problem was orders from the bar. It took an extraordinary amount of time to receive simple cocktail orders. The last one we just cancelled because we were on our way to a concert. I saw earlier reviews that criticized the service and food, but I must say I disagree except on this one point. But Palomino management should not rest easy! Bar service is a part of the dining experience and yours was well below expectations.Waiting almost 30 minutes for a vodka martini is not reasonable.Special Features:
- Always DependableKatyVIPDined on 7/29/2014I've been going to Palomino off and on for close to 20 years, and it is always a good spot. The restaurant (not the bar) is great because you can actually hear what your dining partners have to say. Two of us had the shrimp, and it was good -- buttery and tangy. The other friend had a pizza, and Palomino always makes great thin crust pizzas. Our server was especially good -- very warm and welcoming. I'm glad Palomino is still here in the neighborhood.Special Features:
- sosososoDined on 7/28/2014Brought my 86 year old mom here for lunch. It was a great place to take her for lunch. Our waiter was very attentive, giving us 5 star service. The menu has many options.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a disappointment :(SCRAWLESDined on 7/26/2014Our last dinner visit with a group of 6 a month ago was fantastic! Food and service could not have been better. Last Saturday was terrible :( The waiter was terrible, had to flag him down to take our order, remind him once he took our orders what we wanted. Food was almost cold, beer was warm, just a really really disappointing experience.
- Palomino revisited!DianeGDined on 7/20/2014We have dined at Palomino many times, but in the last year, the food and service has been disappointing, that is, until last Sunday evening. I had written a letter about 6 months ago after we had experienced a most unsatisfactory evening. The management immediately contacted me, and offered a token gift certificate which we hadn't used until Sunday night. There were four of us, the same four as 6 months ago, and we were quite wary of returning to a possible disappointing evening. This was definitely NOT the case. The food was wonderful, the service (thank you, Jesse) was superb, and the evening was a complete success! I'm not sure what has changed for the good, but congratulations, Palomino.Special Features:
- Horrible Slow ServiceRobbieVIPDined on 7/15/2014Please do not go to this restaurant if you want good service. I have been 3 times, and each and every visit has been horrible service. Slow servers, waiting for 10 minutes once seated just to get a glass of water, practically begging for your check, and constantly having to hunt down your server. I've complained to the management on previous visits, but nothing gets done. Don't waste your money, as this is an easy problem to fix with the right management.
- Perfect!judybugDined on 7/12/2014We had a post theatre dinner with friends at Palomino. Everyone enjoyed their choices for dinner, and the waiter, was most accomodating. The dining room decir lovely. It wasn't overly noisy. We'll definitely return.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/11/2014Pecan crusted salmon was very tasty! The pizza had a good flavor, but the crust was very dark around the edges and a little too thin, the cheese needed to be cut into smaller pieces and distributed more evenly around the pizza because the pieces were so large they were unmelted blobs. Great service and nice place for dinner and/or drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bizlunchqueenbizlunchqueenDined on 7/8/2014This is my "go to" restaurant for larger groups. They have staff and tables that can handle the larger groups and they never treat like it is an imposition. Food is very good as is the service. Thanks for being there!Special Features:
- gourmetgalVIPDined on 7/7/2014I usually go to Happy Hour and enjoyed the relative quiet of lunch. My impression is the entree prices have come down a bit. Certainly it's good bang for the buck especially when you consider the splendid location. I loved my wood oven baked fish. Toss in some of those warm donuts and I'm ready for anything!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 7/4/2014While the service remains stellar, the food continues to decline.Special Features:
- Nice evening with friends...foodfinderDined on 7/2/2014We met friends we hadn't seen for a long time at Palomino's in SF on a Wednesday evening and it was delightful. We had the hummus appetizer and then two of is split the Maple Chicken salad and it was wonderful and just the right size for both of us. One of the guys had the Chopped Salad and the other had the Rigatoni and both were very pleased with dinner. To top it off, the wine was half price which was an added bonus. The parking in the garage was a bit expensive but definitively worth the convenience. A great evening and worth a return trip!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant HostsearlydinerDined on 6/30/2014Great restaurant and one of our favorites in San Francisco. Only complaint is the frequent change of hosts at the front desk who have on two occasions neglected to note we were waiting at a table for friends to join us, and keep them waiting in the lobby while we waited 20 minutes seated at our table, for our guest to arrive.Special Features:
- Good Bay view from the deckRoxy24kDined on 6/29/2014Friends and I enjoyed the parade, then walked down to Palomino to sit outside and enjoy a good cocktail and sun. It was very pleasant being outside. There were several dogs, which was pleasant. Nice way to wrap up the Parade festivities.Special Features:
- Disappointing ExperienceCalcougarVIPDined on 6/26/2014Once a favorite of mine, the bland, tasteless ribs convinced me that the chef has no taste buds.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2014Reservation for 6:00 on Monday night - relaxed atmosphere, waiters attentive and friendly, outdoor seating filled, validated parking, good for couples, friends, and group dining or meeting for drinks. Great hamburgers, flatbread appetizers and desserts!Special Features:
- Very disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/21/2014We have been going to Palomino's for years and always had good meals until now. My wife had a chicken dish which she said tasted like canned tomato sauce and my daughter ordered pan seared scallops which said tasted like chicken Mc nuggets.