Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4155127400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (88)great for outdoor dining (78)good for groups (68)special occasion (53)vibrant bar scene (45)great for lunch (44)fit for foodies (37)romantic (33)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (26)hot spot (24)notable wine list (16)late-night find (13)kid-friendly (9)Show More
- Never a disappointmentrunsterDined on 10/17/2014Seriously! the food is always spot-on and since the last time, the wait staff has stepped it up. Prompt attention on arrival and getting menus and drinks going. Once we had our food there were a few too many "anything else" stops but that is much better than having to wait and ultimately flagging down anyone to get a menu delivered. With this experience we will definitely be back again as the food has always been great!Special Features:
- Decent food, slow front hostCarolynDined on 10/16/2014Our server was great and the food was decent, but when we arrived to the restaurant, there was no one at the host desk. After waiting for a few, someone (not the host) came out, looked up our reservation and checked us in, say it'd be a few minutes. Then they disappeared and never returned. Other people came to the desk, but not to seat us. We waited for 10 minutes and 3 different people before saying something, and it was only then that we were seated. It just seemed unorganized, and like there wasn't an actual host/hostess, or that if there was, they weren't doing their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJ DellicicchiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/15/2014Went with a group of coworkers out on the town - wanted something nice but laid back so we could enjoy a leisurely, and delicious, meal after parties all week. The menu hit all the right notes for the group, and the location was good - classy enough to feel like we weren't in a chain, but busy enough so we didn't feel like a double date. Oh and I couldn't have been happier with my upscale version of a cheeseburger ( organic beef, chorizo, cambozola cheese...god that was delicious). Even split two desserts between the four of us - try the sicilian donuts please - and everyone left feeling just right. Really good balance of price to portion/quality. PS - the Pear Ginger martini made a great opening to the meal (and I'm not a martini guy)Special Features:
- Great for HH.CeceSFDined on 10/11/2014Happy hour all day err'day! Free validated parking for 3 hrs. Great view of the Bay Bridge! Overall, a great spot to hang out with a date or group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre RestaurantlexylouDined on 10/10/2014I wasn't thrilled with the experience here. The restaurant and menu is huge which, from my experience at least, has meant that the kitchen isn't able to specialize in much of anything. The food wasn't terrible but very much underwhelming. I couldn't made more of the great location and gone to another great restaurant along the Embarcadero.Special Features:
- lackluster at bestRickb3825Dined on 10/10/2014The food was poorly executed. The service was average, especially the host/hostess, one was training the other but couldn't tell you who was just learning. The only stand out was a female who carried a key on her wrist and was very attentive to all diners. She may have been a manager.
- Scenic RestaurantjpvalerosDined on 10/8/2014Luckily we were able to find a small table on the patio area. It was a clear night, but the restaurant was very prepared with several heater lamps. It was a nice romantic dinner with my husband with a view of the Bay Bridge lights. It was so beautiful! We had a great time. They were having a really good happy hour with most around us drinking wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRaychDined on 10/2/2014I come here for lunch fairly often. Typically I get the lunch combo with the wedge salad or the caprese and the rigatoni bolgnese. Yesterday, for the first time I decided to be adventurous - very adventurous. I got the snow crab salad (on the specials menu). Honestly this was one I the interesting but amazing salads I've ever had. It had snow crab, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, kale, feta(?) and key lime dressing and a hint of mint in there. Delicious!!! Please keep this on your menu - or make sure to bring it back every year!! Flavor mix, texture, fresh factor - all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner at Palomino ChainSnowshoepeteDined on 9/30/2014I've been to the Palomino in Seattle many times and find it always inviting, the menu varied and the food good and consistent. So when I needed to entertain several clients at once in San Francisco, each with different tastes in food, I chose the recently opened Palomino. But this Palomino raises the bar compared with others in the chain. The interior is similar, but seems less cluttered and more spacious. Plus, we were seated on the west (Bay) side of the restaurant and had an amazing view of the Bay Bridge and the great light show! Also, the food was just fantastic. We had the warm artichoke dip, a Tuna Tartare like appetizer that was great, and fish specials and the flank steak. Everything was perfect, best it could be.Special Features:
- Great Viewsunnyside1VIPDined on 9/28/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many years. Great place for out of town guests. Madison our waitress was really fabulous. Very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal - Improved ServiceArtOVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was my second time at Palomino. The biggest difference was that the restaurant was not very busy and our server had much more time to take care of our needs. As a matter of fact, we told him we were attending a show and needed relatively fast service and the entree's arrived before we finished our salads! But it was all good, he was trying to accomodate our request. I had the blackened salmon, which i regret. I'm sure it was well prepared, but the spice overwhelms the delicate flavor of the salmon. The polenta side dish was outstanding. My date had the seafood pasta and raved about it all evening. Overall, I'm glad we gave Palomino another try and I'll come back.Special Features:
- Good for groupsSusu199VIPDined on 9/23/2014This was a great restaurant for a mid-week group meal. There are plenty of tables with great views of the bay and the location is convenient for both driving and public transit. I took advantage of the three hour free parking (with validation) under the restaurant. I recommend getting several of the appetizers and small dishes to share; that portion of their menu is much more inventive. Our favorites were the curried chickpea fritters and the spreads (hummus and pumpkin apple were delicious). The Italian donuts were a great way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Expected it to be betterUWIS66VIPDined on 9/22/2014I thought the food (I ate pasta) was just "average" in flavor.
- Great restaurantJBelkDined on 9/18/2014I have been dining here since 2003 when I worked in the building. I always get the potatoes gargonzola (even though it has been absent from the menu for some time). Love the food and if it is your first time the 4 cheese penne is always a mainstay favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as Good as 9 Years AgoDianaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ironically, we were seated at the same table with a great view of the dancing lights on the Oakland Bridge. We started with the calamari - loved the smoked pepper aioli. Husband had the Cornish game hen and I had one of the seafood specials. Both were very good. We split the tiramisu, which was the best we'd ever had - espresso chocolate cake with mascarpone. Service was great and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks for sure...FirstdateDined on 9/11/2014Great place for meeting someone for a drink.. Google was ok. Great view. Would come back for a drink, dinner, no.Special Features:
- Not From HerereluctantreviewerDined on 9/11/2014Met a friend from New Jersey for dinner at Palomino's. We both loved our meal (scallops) and desert (italian donuts) along with the Cosmolitian and a couple of glasses of wine. Sat by the window - enough of view with just the right amount of privacy for discussion. Our Server was excellent!Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Eaten here many times since it opened. Food and service has always been excellent. You can be confident that your client or other will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- wineanddineVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was a little disappointing. It is if they don't care anymore. Very disappointed as the food used to be very good there. This has happened on the last two visits- can they have had an off day both times??
- Great View, Great FoodSberryVIPDined on 9/7/2014The view of the bridge is hard to beat. Both salmon dishes we ordered were perfect! The tiramisu was more chocolate than normal and the black wild rice wasn't our favorite but the fish more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Reluctant to SharePhuGazieDined on 9/6/2014This place is always crowded during happy hour and weeknights, but it's amazing for brunch and NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW (yet). There's no line, the food is still great and the bloody mary bar rocks. I've decided I'm only coming on the weekends now.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Consistent quality and a great location to meet out of towners. We love the view of the bridge.Special Features:
- DotAnonDined on 9/1/2014Palomino is my go-to place when I am in SF: shopping, theater-going, walking, sight-seeing. The view is gorgeous, the food never disappoints, and the service is impeccable. But I must mention another gold-star draw: you can park FREE in the garage under the restaurant. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't consistentRonAnneDined on 8/31/2014The view of the bridge lights were excellent. We had great service at the beginning. The waiter showed great understanding of the wines and menu. However into the meal she was busy serving a large group and forgot about us. We asked for the check twice.Special Features:
- SanFranProVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very convenient location in the Westfield Shopping Center near high-end shopping and cinema. The main drawback is the canned music that is aat too high a level. The Singapore-Malay-Japanese inspired courses wqere quite good; the soup was over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still a wonderful experience!BBQLoverDined on 8/29/2014It had been a few years since I had been here, but when I needed a place to celebrate a successful business trip, this was my pick. I'm glad I went. My co-worker and I both really enjoyed our meals. What really impressed us, though was the service. This was the type of thoughtful, engaged and knowledgeable support I would expect at a meal costing twice as much or more. Would certainly go back the next time I am in San Francisco.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for a birthday lunchDiBoDined on 8/25/2014lots of options for lunch with a great variety. I always go with the mix and match combo with soup or salad and sandwich and pasta. and the gorgonzola fries aren't on the menu but ask for them anyway.Special Features:
- Great ambience, good foodpennyDined on 8/24/2014Cocktail was excellent and I'm a hard judge because I make my own and love experimenting. Caprese salad was not a true caprese salad, but overlooking that it was tasty. party of 3, we all ordered seafood entrees, which were quite good. The beer ordered by my companions was not as cold as they liked it. One member of the party thought he would not come back because the food was not good enough by the standards of what can be found in SF. I would go back myself. Loved the parking was easy and free with validation from the restaurant. Our waiter was attentive and friendly. Only complaint, the wine we ordered to go with our entrees should have arrived slightly before or with the food, not several minutes later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Feeling tiredSD4BrianVIPDined on 8/23/2014Was here for bday dinner. The good--great service. The disappointment --table area-carpet-not clean and the fact that 3 of the 7 orders had to be changed as the specials ran out after spending much time making decisions. Then food arrived after an hour from arrival time--only to have two of the dishes not cooked properly. One of the redo's came back burned/over cooked and not eaten (deleted from check). Some of the group liked their mains in all fairness. The mgt was responsive and came through in the end to rescue the night. I've eaten here for many years but I left that night feeling it's tired and in need of a major refresh.Special Features:
- Great dinner with big groupkontichDined on 8/23/2014We really enjoyed out dinner at Palominos. Great service, Carlos took great care in making sure we always had what we needed. Good food and drink. We will be back.Special Features:
- WhocaresDined on 8/23/2014It looks like a good casual dining place. Waiter was great. Food was only okay. Next time, i will try more casual menu options, like pizza, etc. Otherwise a nice placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring Out Of Town Visitors Here!MarionMcVDined on 8/20/2014I've been to Palomino lots of times before, but not so much in the last few years, except for lunch. We came to celebrate an anniversary. The food was consistently good - my husband enjoyed his paella, my daughter liked her vegetarian options, and I liked the pork chop with the slightly smoky flavor. The African chicken soup before the main dish was my favorite part of dinner -- full of unexpected flavors and textures. We had the good fortune to sit at a window table. All was good and enjoyable -- and then the bridge lights came on. It was absolutely magical. I urge everyone to bring out of town visitors here in the early evening, if you want them to fall in love with San Francisco and good food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very accommodatingLibbyDined on 8/20/2014As a large group we had changes in the number of people up to the last minute. Palomino was accommodating and the changes were easy to make. Once we were there the restaurant staff was great, and the wide variety of selections was great for such a diverse group.Special Features:
- service not that greatScarlettDined on 8/17/2014Our server was not really up to snuff. Didn't know what kind of liquor is in a seabreeze, had to be asked continuosly to refill our water glasses, didn't get out wine order to us in time to enjoy with our desert, brought us desert menus that were dirty and not in good shape .Special Features:
- A Must DoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Palomino is our go to in San Francisco, the ever changing Chef menu always offers a great selection and gets you to try something outside of the box. The service is great and you get your food and drinks in a reasonable amount of time.Special Features:
- EasytopleaseVIPDined on 8/11/2014The mushroom soup was not as good as in previous visits; it seems they adjusted the recipe making it seem more diluted in flavor and texture. The rest of the food was very good and we had good service by Saulo. Very noisy environment and the background "music" , mostly bass droning, was totally unnecessary.Special Features:
- their patio is a perfect lunch spotDiBoDined on 8/7/2014A great spot to sit outdoors on a beautiful day to enjoy the view, a nice glass of wine and a delicious lunch.Special Features:
- Always excellentrajackson6Dined on 8/6/2014Despite only being able to get a reservation 90 minutes out, we showed up early, and they were able to move us up 30 minutes. Our waitress...Lucy...was great, and took care of us very well. The seafood special worked out perfectly, and everything was as anticipated...except for the deviled truffle eggs...they were lacking a bit from the last experience. All in all, highly recommend Palomino...oh--half-price wine bottles on Wednesdays, all day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise centralneighborDined on 8/5/2014A huge cocktail party was going on within 10 feet of our table and it was not the place to celebrate our 30th anniversary! We like high energy but this was ridiculous. We could barely speak to one another and the service was incredibly bad. It took over 30 minutes to get our wine. It was as if our waiter totally forgot we were there. Maybe a new name of "Palominitto" would reflect that if you're over 40, another place would be more suitable. We'd been there twice before and it had been fine.Special Features:
- Great Meal - Inconsistyent ServiceArtOVIPDined on 8/5/2014Our meal was very nice at Palomino. I had the Scallops and my date had the pork loin. Both were well prepared and very tasty. The server at our table was great, and the food arrived quickly. The real problem was orders from the bar. It took an extraordinary amount of time to receive simple cocktail orders. The last one we just cancelled because we were on our way to a concert. I saw earlier reviews that criticized the service and food, but I must say I disagree except on this one point. But Palomino management should not rest easy! Bar service is a part of the dining experience and yours was well below expectations.Waiting almost 30 minutes for a vodka martini is not reasonable.Special Features: