Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: (415) 512-7400
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
147 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (91)great for outdoor dining (75)good for groups (69)special occasion (52)vibrant bar scene (47)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (39)hot spot (31)romantic (30)neighborhood gem (29)great for brunch (19)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- We had a delicious dinnerMJLDVIPDined on 5/10/2008We had a delicious dinner and excellent service. We were seated next to a window as we requested in a semi-secluded nook which was fairly quiet. All of us (6 total) enjoyed our meals.Special Features:
- It was a very crowded nightOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2008It was a very crowded night with a radio station's fireworks show happening later. The service was slow and the food prices have increased significantly lately!!!! On any other night before, we have enjoyed Palomino immensely. I'm not sure if I will return since the prices don't match the food quality.
- The service was excellent.GoodVIPDined on 5/10/2008The service was excellent. We had a problem with one of the meals (chicken not cooked all the way) and the chef, hostess, waiter, etc. could not do enough to make up for their miss. With a smile............ Relaly made us all feel good about being there. We quickly forgot about the miss and enjoyed our evening. The food was good also. Thanks, M. BradySpecial Features:
- Everyone had a great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Everyone had a great time and enjoyed the food. Our server was very good and accomodating. We loved our window table and enjoyed our private corner. Thanks much1Special Features:
- Not a San Francisco crowdlouiseknowsVIPDined on 5/10/2008Not a San Francisco crowd at least Saturday night. The food is very tasty. excellent menu,great cocktails and very good service; and this is a chain restaurant. The lamb shank with risotto and perfectly cooked asparagus is memorable. Thank You PALOMINO for the $20.00 gift card!Special Features:
- Our server (Molly) was great.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/10/2008Our server (Molly) was great. She was very attentive, and gave a sense that she wanted to provide the best Palomino experience. Thank you Molly.Special Features:
- Disappointed that they hadOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 5/9/2008Disappointed that they had changed their bread pudding dessert. The new version is pale in comparison to the original. Why mess with a good thing??? The paella is more of a pilaf - need to do more research on what makes a paella. Another major disappointment.
- My wife thought her crustedOpenTable Diner Since 2002Dined on 5/9/2008My wife thought her crusted scallops were excellent. I had the Seafood Alfredo, and I thought it was just OK. The sauce was a little too sweet, and the scallops were kind of rubbery. Service was fair. While we were asked several times if we wanted more bread, I never did get my water re-filled.Special Features:
- Our server, Seashell or Seaside,L8DinerVIPDined on 5/5/2008Our server, Seashell or Seaside, was a bit more reserved than we preferred. The Hostess and Bar Waitress were quite fun and outgoing.Special Features:
- Excellent 3-course dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2001VIPDined on 5/4/2008Excellent 3-course dinner for early diners. Wild salmon wrapped in cedar was perfectly roasted and had just the right amount of smoke. The fried anchovy garnish on the Ceasar salad is a unique touch.Special Features:
- Palomino is a good choiceSFfoodieDined on 5/4/2008Palomino is a good choice for last minute. On the Waterfront (no valet parking) The food is very good - nice $25 price fix, a real bargain. In this case the waitress was a bit harried and seemed flustered.
- Drink service was slow. SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2008Drink service was slow. Special requests were accomodated graciously.Special Features:
- Food is pretty good - nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/1/2008Food is pretty good - nothing amazing. But they have a nice deck for happy hours, right along the embarcadero with a waterfront view. And it's not overly fancy, but def a step up from GB.Special Features:
- Average food, good value forOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/29/2008Average food, good value for the price. Good tourist spot. 4 Stars for valeidated parking in hard to park area.Special Features:
- Our lunch party of nine hadOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/29/2008Our lunch party of nine had a great time and really appreciated the excellent service and especially, the gracious serving of gratis desserts for our two guests of honor.Special Features:
- Very good service, althoughOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/25/2008Very good service, although the waiter made some assumptions about our preferences that were incorrect. Food is incredible...one of our favorites. Thank you!Special Features:
- Great happy hour specials.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/25/2008Great happy hour specials. Good service and food.Special Features:
- After having great diningLocalDined on 4/24/2008After having great dining experience with 3 other area restaurants last week, we were disappointed with Palomino. We had a 7 PM rsvp; not seated until 7:20. Had come early, waited in bar; took 10 minutes for waitress to order drinks; another 10 to get them. After finally being seated, the service improved. The food was excellent and the birthday occasion was recognized by a 'surprise' birthday cake with candle.Special Features:
- TIFFANY OUR SERVER WAS A CUTJimSFDined on 4/23/2008TIFFANY OUR SERVER WAS A CUT ABOVE. THE MANAGER PAYS SPECIAL ATTENTION TO DETAIL BY REMEMBERING HIS REGULAR PATRONS. THANK YOU. ALWAYS ENJOYABLE EVEN WHEN ITS BUSINESS. PLEASE KNOW A VERY IMPORTANT MEETING TOOK PLACE HERE THIS DAY AND THE SERVER WAS VERY AWARE AND TOOK SPECIAL PRECAUTIONS TO INTERRUPT ONLY WHEN IT WAS APPROPRIATE. THANK YOU.Special Features:
- My Kobe raviolu was mediocre.OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 4/20/2008My Kobe raviolu was mediocre. Appetizers were pleasant.Special Features:
- We eat here regularly. MenuREPMJPVLVIPDined on 4/19/2008We eat here regularly. Menu selections are great. Staff are outstanding. We recommend this restaurant to our visitors from out of state. Great food, reasonably priced and served with flair. You won't get ripped off here.Special Features:
- The food was good (all fourOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 4/19/2008The food was good (all four in our party got a lunch combination), but nothing memorable. Saturday lunchtime was quiet and good for entertaining out-of-town guests. We were all somewhat disappointed, as we expected more, based on the restaurant's location and reputation.Special Features:
- It was absolutely wonderful,asOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008It was absolutely wonderful,as always. We were celebrating 2 birthdays - - and when we arrived we were asked if there was anything special we were celebrating. I mentioned the above - - and sure enough, at the end of dinner, here came 2 beautifully-lit Chocolate Tiramisus!! Thanks. A winner.Special Features:
- We were not rushed, but itOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/18/2008We were not rushed, but it was a bit noisy to really chat. The desert was great. We had a fun evening.Special Features:
- Great Food!!! Great Service!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/18/2008Great Food!!! Great Service!!! Great Restaurant!!! Great time!!!Special Features:
- I and three co-workers wentOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 4/18/2008I and three co-workers went to celebrate a birthday! We ordered three seperate appetizers for four people and it was prepared and brought out in a timely manner so that one did not overshadow the other. A pleasant surprise was when the birthday person received a delicious dessert on the house! Now that is class. Overall a delicious and pleasant experience. Would go back myself and recommend it to others.Special Features:
- As a chain restaurant thisgrampscVIPDined on 4/17/2008As a chain restaurant this location must be one of their gems, the staff makes this place so enjoyable.Special Features:
- I think they were understaffedTomGDined on 4/17/2008I think they were understaffed this day. Service was slower than it had been in the past. Little ice in tea. Took some time to get ice and cracked pepper after food served. Not certain would recommend to others but would return myself. May have been a bad day for them not necessarily a serious trend. Place seemed not as clean (wood polished, etc.) as recall.
- We love the food at this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/16/2008We love the food at this restaurant. The view is great too.Special Features:
- This is a great place forBelldogDined on 4/15/2008This is a great place for lunch with very nice views. The service and food was very good and I would recommend it to my friends and clients.Special Features:
- A enjoyabe dining experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/14/2008A enjoyabe dining experience. The service was excellent, and the menu was varied and enticing.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing, particularlOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 4/14/2008Food was disappointing, particularly the pizza. Out of many items - wait staff kept saying they had run out of food due to a busy weekend.Special Features:
- Happy Hour is the best! WeOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/13/2008Happy Hour is the best! We like the food menu and prices as well as the drinks.Special Features:
- The Staff was fantastic andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/12/2008The Staff was fantastic and very attentive, upon checking in, the host addressed all the special requests I noted on the open table reservation form (table with a view and a birthday). The food was fantastic and it was a very enjoyable evening. OH, they seated us immediately... With a packed house on a Saturday night in SF… WOW...Special Features:
- The view was amazing and weOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/12/2008The view was amazing and we sat outside. The service was good (everyone was very very nice) though quite slow. We did not get our food till about 45 minutes after we ordered, and there was a mishap with the order (a server came to us with two of the dishes and mentioned that the third dish (cod) was not available,and didn't our waiter tell us (this was now 45 minutes after we ordered)We said no and asked the waiter but he was never told that they ran out of the cod.So we ordered another dish. But it turned out they did find an extra cod available and gave it to us. So there was some confusion but they did rectify it) I would go back again though I will be prepared to wait for food. The food was good except the vegetarian dish we ordered.Special Features:
- The service was fantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 4/12/2008The service was fantastic and the food was outstanding. The tiramisu is one of the best we've ever had.Special Features:
- We were seated in sectionOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/12/2008We were seated in section that had a party of 10 and another party of 12 and our party of 5, all handled by the same waitress; this slowed down our service too much. 4 out of 5 entrees were brought out together, the 5th was about 4 min later. It is better to bring all at once.Special Features:
- There were two people in ourTonyDined on 4/11/2008There were two people in our party of 8 who had not received their steak the way they had wanted it ordered. Though it took awhile for the kitchen to get the steak prepared they wanted it, I was left with a good impression when the manager came over to apologize and accompanied the cook who also apologized for the delay in getting the steak done correctly. I was also happy that the restaurant took care of a portion of the tab as well. Overall, I was very happy and had a favorable impression on the proactiveness of the restaurant manager to take care of our group.Special Features:
- The service was a bit indifferentOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/11/2008The service was a bit indifferent and my food was "good" not great. The definite draw is their wonderful patio, although the view has been obscured a bit by Water Bar and Epic RoastHouse. Good for a low-key lunch. Salads had too much dressing. They were prompt with drink refills.Special Features:
- a frequent diner here reliable,happydinerDined on 4/9/2008a frequent diner here reliable, good and pleasant and accessible As for their "sister" newbies across the Embarcadero (Epic and WaterBar) HORRIBLE!!! both of them Over priced, terrible service, so so food that is waaayyyy is tooooo eclectic only good thing across the street is the decor and view. Have a cocktail at the bar then go to Palomino for your meal! and friendly servers!Special Features: