Palomino - San Francisco
345 Spear St.
San Francisco, CA 94105Neighborhood:
Financial District / Embarcadero
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - San Francisco
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: (415) 512-7400
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $26 & above).
Lunch DAILY: 11:00am 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm and Sunday 4:30pm-9pm
Brunch: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
Bloody Mary Bar: Saturday and Sunday 11am-3pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kristela Mendoza
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Palomino can host 8 to 30 people with pre-selected menus for parties of 12 or more. Special accommodations can be made, please inquire.
- Private Party Contact: Palomino San Francisco 4155127400x
- Cross Street: Folsom
- Public Transit: Muni N Line - Folsom Station/
- Parking: Street Parking
- Parking Details: Hills Plaza Garage: weekdays: park in the garage between 11am and 2pm to get $2 rate for 3 hours. Park in the garage after 5pm to get 3 hours free! Weekend: 3 hours free any time. Street parking also available.
A word from Palomino - San Francisco
Palomino has a spirited and upbeat atmosphere. They offer Pacific European fare of Rotisserie grilled meats and seafood. Palomino has a STELLAR view of the bay bridge and a fantastic outdoor patio!!Continued
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
***Please note the patio and lounge are all open seating after 3pm. Reservations are for the dining room only.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino - San Francisco reviews from OpenTable diners
148 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (90)great for outdoor dining (76)good for groups (69)special occasion (51)vibrant bar scene (48)fit for foodies (46)great for lunch (40)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (30)romantic (29)great for brunch (20)late-night find (16)notable wine list (14)kid-friendly (14)Show More
- Birthday dinner viewing dancing bridge lightsserve2allVIPDined on 11/18/2014Hosted an 8 person birthday dinner here on Tuesday, Nov 18th. Ferried over from Oakland (truly a great and beautiful trip) and then did a 10 min walk up the Embarcadero to Palomino. It was wonderful. Friendly service, above average food and drink...and our table near the window gave us more bridge lighting views. Total success for us. The manager, kindly sent over a dessert platter(with birthday candles) for our group to enjoy. The old tradition of comping dessert for a birthday still lives on at Palomino...and was much appreciated. We will go back and highly recommend this place, especially for a special occassion and for a big group. BRAVO to Palomino!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday partyMikeVIPDined on 11/14/2014Been coming to Palomino for a long time, but it has been years since I've been there. The food was great! The place was packed. It was a great spot for the bday party. Great service!Special Features:
- Family dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 11/14/2014Table was nice, staff were friendly. My salmon dish was not good. The combination of food was I adequately cooked, and the salmon was tough and rubbery. The other dishes at the table were fine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CookieDined on 11/14/2014Love their chop-chop salad. Very convenient location - great for before ballgame eats - prices are reasonable. Overall a very good place to meet friends for appetizers, lunch or dinner.Special Features:
- good food, unprofessional servicegourmetgalVIPDined on 11/10/2014I have eaten at Palomino for over 15 years now. The food is tasty and the view is lovely. On this occasion, however, the service was so unprofessional it ruined my lunch. First the hostess tried to seat us in the sports bar despite our having a reservation and their having a huge dining room. Instead of being surrounded by TVs and beer chuggers, we opted for the patio. They hadn't turned on the heat lamps even though it was only 60 and breezy. Our waitress failed to write down our order, announced she had put in the wrong thing for me but then didn't correct what she told the kitchen. She said she'd only charge me for what I ordered, but instead took one item off so, having to get to work, I overpaid by $3.50. PEOPLE - YOU RUN A BUSINESS!Special Features:
- poor service poor foodNovember9Dined on 11/8/2014Celebrating a 30th Birthday hoping to get good service, made a reservation didn't get seated until 30 mins later, poor service the server didn't get us waters and was not friendly. Made recommendations to food that was bland. Didn't know how the Salmon was served completely clueless. I'm so not impressed and it was a damper in the celebrationSpecial Features:
- Unfortunately, we won't be returningOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/8/2014Sorry to say that we won't be returning to what was once a favorite in the city due to the poor service and less that stunning food. The host was great, held our reservations when we were delayed at the Bay Bridge. But after being seated, our experience went downhill. So many service problems that there is no point in even itemizing. Let it suffice to say that multiple delays in being served or table water, utensil availability, as well as bland tasting food were part of our experience. Sorry, Palomino....you need to make sure you have a professional team onboard.Special Features:
- Outstanding experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014My daughter and I came her to celebrate a life. We were promptly seated at a nice table with a beautiful view of the Bay Bridge. The menu was diverse with great specials. The food was not served quickly so we could enjoy our dining experience even more. We did bring our own special bottle of wine and even shared it with the staff with rave reviews! The dinner was stellar, cooked to perfection. At the end of the meal the manager came to our table and asked about our evening and mentioned how everybody was talking about the bottle of wine we brought. All in all, an enjoyable evening and a memorable one, too. I highly recommend Palomino and will return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinewine13Dined on 11/6/2014the waiter was rude and unfriendly. The food was waaaay too pricey and the quality wasn't that impressive for the price. A calamari apps for $13 and a herbed salmon for $26. The bread pudding was $8 and regular coffee for $3.50. I'm not recommending nor going back to this place. I've had better.
- Lovely setting & great foodSFfoodieDined on 11/4/2014We had a wonderful evening with our out-of-town guests. Palomino is always a good choice when friends and relatives come to town. We always have a good time and have never has a disappointing meal. The folks in the kitchen seem to know a thing or two about seafood preparation!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- THE DONUTSOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The Sicilian Donuts were one of the best things I have had in my life. Save room for those. Cocktails were pretty good, and out entrees were good as well. Waitress was very attentive. Overall a nice night out.Special Features:
- Excellent food, service and view!crusher2014Dined on 10/29/2014We came for our 20th anniversary on the night of Game 7 of the 2014 World Series. The bar was hopping, the outdoor seating was full, but we opted for a quiet seat in the empty dining room. The decor is very nice, especially liked the unique glass work and lighting. Our waiter, Parker, was attentive and the other servers brought us our food still hot and everything was delicious. We shared the brussel sprout with pancetta and vanilla butter appetizer...mmm! I had the rotisserie pork loin with potatoes and asparagus and my wife had the salmon special with pumpkin (fall flavors)...both were fabulous. Wednesdays also feature 50% off a full bottle of wine, which we took enjoyed, too! I highly recommend this fine dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This restaurant never disappoints!MillbraeceanDined on 10/29/2014I have been eating at this restaurant for years. I always enjoy their changing menus and the location is wonderful (close enought to the bay). This place always come to mind for special occasions like birthdays, retirements, anniversaries, etc. I wish they give more food for the price. Oh, this location also validates parking. I always recommend this restaurant to friends.Special Features:
- Terrible Food not worth the priceluv2eatDined on 10/26/2014It was our 12th Wedding anniversary hoping to have a wonderful food/dining experience, but unfortunately did not turn out that way. My wife Ordered Prawn Scampi and she got shrimp instead. What a disappointment! CheeseCake factory is way better than this and we are foodies. Very disappointed with the food. Not recommended for special occasions. For the price it is not worth it.Special Features:
- BarbaraVIPDined on 10/26/2014Haven't been to Palomino in awhile; I had forgotten how good the food is.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never a disappointmentrunsterDined on 10/17/2014Seriously! the food is always spot-on and since the last time, the wait staff has stepped it up. Prompt attention on arrival and getting menus and drinks going. Once we had our food there were a few too many "anything else" stops but that is much better than having to wait and ultimately flagging down anyone to get a menu delivered. With this experience we will definitely be back again as the food has always been great!Special Features:
- Decent food, slow front hostCarolynDined on 10/16/2014Our server was great and the food was decent, but when we arrived to the restaurant, there was no one at the host desk. After waiting for a few, someone (not the host) came out, looked up our reservation and checked us in, say it'd be a few minutes. Then they disappeared and never returned. Other people came to the desk, but not to seat us. We waited for 10 minutes and 3 different people before saying something, and it was only then that we were seated. It just seemed unorganized, and like there wasn't an actual host/hostess, or that if there was, they weren't doing their job.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AJ DellicicchiblackIrishDined on 10/15/2014Went with a group of coworkers out on the town - wanted something nice but laid back so we could enjoy a leisurely, and delicious, meal after parties all week. The menu hit all the right notes for the group, and the location was good - classy enough to feel like we weren't in a chain, but busy enough so we didn't feel like a double date. Oh and I couldn't have been happier with my upscale version of a cheeseburger ( organic beef, chorizo, cambozola cheese...god that was delicious). Even split two desserts between the four of us - try the sicilian donuts please - and everyone left feeling just right. Really good balance of price to portion/quality. PS - the Pear Ginger martini made a great opening to the meal (and I'm not a martini guy)Special Features:
- Great for HH.CeceSFVIPDined on 10/11/2014Happy hour all day err'day! Free validated parking for 3 hrs. Great view of the Bay Bridge! Overall, a great spot to hang out with a date or group of friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre RestaurantlexylouDined on 10/10/2014I wasn't thrilled with the experience here. The restaurant and menu is huge which, from my experience at least, has meant that the kitchen isn't able to specialize in much of anything. The food wasn't terrible but very much underwhelming. I couldn't made more of the great location and gone to another great restaurant along the Embarcadero.Special Features:
- lackluster at bestRickb3825Dined on 10/10/2014The food was poorly executed. The service was average, especially the host/hostess, one was training the other but couldn't tell you who was just learning. The only stand out was a female who carried a key on her wrist and was very attentive to all diners. She may have been a manager.
- Scenic RestaurantjpvalerosDined on 10/8/2014Luckily we were able to find a small table on the patio area. It was a clear night, but the restaurant was very prepared with several heater lamps. It was a nice romantic dinner with my husband with a view of the Bay Bridge lights. It was so beautiful! We had a great time. They were having a really good happy hour with most around us drinking wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchRaychDined on 10/2/2014I come here for lunch fairly often. Typically I get the lunch combo with the wedge salad or the caprese and the rigatoni bolgnese. Yesterday, for the first time I decided to be adventurous - very adventurous. I got the snow crab salad (on the specials menu). Honestly this was one I the interesting but amazing salads I've ever had. It had snow crab, cantaloupe, honeydew, watermelon, kale, feta(?) and key lime dressing and a hint of mint in there. Delicious!!! Please keep this on your menu - or make sure to bring it back every year!! Flavor mix, texture, fresh factor - all amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Dinner at Palomino ChainSnowshoepeteDined on 9/30/2014I've been to the Palomino in Seattle many times and find it always inviting, the menu varied and the food good and consistent. So when I needed to entertain several clients at once in San Francisco, each with different tastes in food, I chose the recently opened Palomino. But this Palomino raises the bar compared with others in the chain. The interior is similar, but seems less cluttered and more spacious. Plus, we were seated on the west (Bay) side of the restaurant and had an amazing view of the Bay Bridge and the great light show! Also, the food was just fantastic. We had the warm artichoke dip, a Tuna Tartare like appetizer that was great, and fish specials and the flank steak. Everything was perfect, best it could be.Special Features:
- Great Viewsunnyside1VIPDined on 9/28/2014We have been going to this restaurant for many years. Great place for out of town guests. Madison our waitress was really fabulous. Very personable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Meal - Improved ServiceArtOVIPDined on 9/27/2014This was my second time at Palomino. The biggest difference was that the restaurant was not very busy and our server had much more time to take care of our needs. As a matter of fact, we told him we were attending a show and needed relatively fast service and the entree's arrived before we finished our salads! But it was all good, he was trying to accomodate our request. I had the blackened salmon, which i regret. I'm sure it was well prepared, but the spice overwhelms the delicate flavor of the salmon. The polenta side dish was outstanding. My date had the seafood pasta and raved about it all evening. Overall, I'm glad we gave Palomino another try and I'll come back.Special Features:
- Good for groupsSusu199VIPDined on 9/23/2014This was a great restaurant for a mid-week group meal. There are plenty of tables with great views of the bay and the location is convenient for both driving and public transit. I took advantage of the three hour free parking (with validation) under the restaurant. I recommend getting several of the appetizers and small dishes to share; that portion of their menu is much more inventive. Our favorites were the curried chickpea fritters and the spreads (hummus and pumpkin apple were delicious). The Italian donuts were a great way to end the meal.Special Features:
- Expected it to be betterUWIS66VIPDined on 9/22/2014I thought the food (I ate pasta) was just "average" in flavor.
- Great restaurantJBelkDined on 9/18/2014I have been dining here since 2003 when I worked in the building. I always get the potatoes gargonzola (even though it has been absent from the menu for some time). Love the food and if it is your first time the 4 cheese penne is always a mainstay favoriteSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just as Good as 9 Years AgoDianaVIPDined on 9/18/2014Ironically, we were seated at the same table with a great view of the dancing lights on the Oakland Bridge. We started with the calamari - loved the smoked pepper aioli. Husband had the Cornish game hen and I had one of the seafood specials. Both were very good. We split the tiramisu, which was the best we'd ever had - espresso chocolate cake with mascarpone. Service was great and timely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Drinks for sure...FirstdateDined on 9/11/2014Great place for meeting someone for a drink.. Google was ok. Great view. Would come back for a drink, dinner, no.Special Features:
- Not From HerereluctantreviewerDined on 9/11/2014Met a friend from New Jersey for dinner at Palomino's. We both loved our meal (scallops) and desert (italian donuts) along with the Cosmolitian and a couple of glasses of wine. Sat by the window - enough of view with just the right amount of privacy for discussion. Our Server was excellent!Special Features:
- Always GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/10/2014Eaten here many times since it opened. Food and service has always been excellent. You can be confident that your client or other will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- wineanddineVIPDined on 9/10/2014The food was a little disappointing. It is if they don't care anymore. Very disappointed as the food used to be very good there. This has happened on the last two visits- can they have had an off day both times??
- Great View, Great FoodSberryVIPDined on 9/7/2014The view of the bridge is hard to beat. Both salmon dishes we ordered were perfect! The tiramisu was more chocolate than normal and the black wild rice wasn't our favorite but the fish more than made up for it.Special Features:
- Reluctant to SharePhuGazieDined on 9/6/2014This place is always crowded during happy hour and weeknights, but it's amazing for brunch and NO ONE SEEMS TO KNOW (yet). There's no line, the food is still great and the bloody mary bar rocks. I've decided I'm only coming on the weekends now.Special Features:
- Great locationOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/1/2014Consistent quality and a great location to meet out of towners. We love the view of the bridge.Special Features:
- DotAnonDined on 9/1/2014Palomino is my go-to place when I am in SF: shopping, theater-going, walking, sight-seeing. The view is gorgeous, the food never disappoints, and the service is impeccable. But I must mention another gold-star draw: you can park FREE in the garage under the restaurant. Superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service wasn't consistentRonAnneDined on 8/31/2014The view of the bridge lights were excellent. We had great service at the beginning. The waiter showed great understanding of the wines and menu. However into the meal she was busy serving a large group and forgot about us. We asked for the check twice.Special Features:
- SanFranProVIPDined on 8/31/2014Very convenient location in the Westfield Shopping Center near high-end shopping and cinema. The main drawback is the canned music that is aat too high a level. The Singapore-Malay-Japanese inspired courses wqere quite good; the soup was over the top.I would recommend this to a friend.