610 Bellevue Way NE
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
Contemporary ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 4254557600x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 11:00am
WEEKEND BRUNCH: Featuring Absolut Bloody Mary Bar!
Saturday & Sunday: 10am-3pm
WEEKEND BREAKFAST: Sat & Sun 6:30am-10am
Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
DAILY HAPPY HOUR:
3pm - 6pm and 9pm -close
Lounge open until 11pm on Sunday thru Thursday
12 Midnight Friday & Saturday
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, European, American
- Executive Chef: Jobbie Domenden
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Need something catered? Contact Daniel Wilkins to discuss our catering options.
- Entertainment: Palomino Rustico invites you to enjoy Lunch & Dinner on our Patio. (Happy Hour available on Patio during select hours only).
Reservations are not taken for patio dining--first come, first served.
Weather permitting, the patio will open daily at 11am.
- Cross Street: NE 6th and Bellevue Way
- Public Transit: Bellevue Transit Center is located 3 blocks East of Lincoln Square, with many other stops located near Bellevue Square/Bellevue Place/Lincoln Square.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: Parking is available at Lincoln Square parking garage. We validate up to 3 hours.
A word from Palomino Rustico
Palomino Rustico is the upbeat city restaurant and bar famous for its rich and stylish ambiance. Guests love Palomino's European-inspired Contemporary Italian and regional American Cuisine. Only Palomino Rustico offers such a versatile menu in extraordinary surroundings at reasonable prices.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palomino Rustico reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.6Noise LevelModerate
good for groups (25)fit for foodies (19)great for lunch (17)special occasion (16)great for outdoor dining (16)neighborhood gem (14)great for brunch (12)romantic (9)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)vibrant bar scene (6)hot spot (6)notable wine list (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Mediocre at bestOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/19/2014I suggested the location for weekday lunch with friends after viewing exhibit at BAM. Had dined there previously, but not for some time. I was totally underwhelmed. A simple lunch order - margherita pizza (flatbread). Barely warm, thin crust couldn't support the weight of the overly thick slices of mozzarella which were only slightly melted.
- It works!dedejossDined on 9/13/2014The service and staff were great which made up for the food only being okay. Appetizers are way better than the dinners.Special Features:
- Great new menuElenaDined on 9/5/2014I really liked the new menu they had for dinner. I had a good time on our girls night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- met special occasion expectationsladyluvsfudDined on 9/5/2014Enjoyed our light salads and salmon spread white we milled over the menu. I was more thatn satisfied with the selection of enticing seafood selections. I chose the Fresh Hawaiian fish of the day, with green beans. I thoroughly enjoyed my choice. It was fresh and flavorful. My husbands chicken and mashed potatoes was a little plain he thought but every thing that proceeded it and dessert made up for his choice. My lavender martini I'd definitely have again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just okPattiDined on 9/4/2014The service was very good. The food was just ok. Menu has changed and not for the better.Special Features:
- Hit and missinofoodnwineDined on 8/28/2014I took my dad here for Father's Day and my daughter for graduation, and a friend from out of town on another occasion. The first couple of dates were wonderful, around lunch time. The last date this week could have been better. The waiter seemed to be rushed, sarcastic and pushy, and did not ever refill our water. He seemed irritated we only wanted water to drink. Anyway, the food was not great but warm and came in a timely manner. It was about as good at the Cheesecake Factory but more expensive ($105 for two without beverages...too much for mediocre food). The salmon was medium rare though, which isn't easy to do, and that was amazing.Special Features:
- Good food, but slow serviceAmandaMVIPDined on 8/28/2014The food here is good; everyone in my group enjoyed their meal. However, the service was really slow. It was during lunchtime, and I was amazed by how long it took to get anything. I would consider going again in the evening for dinner, but I'm going to avoid during lunchtime when I usually am on a time schedule.
- Great food but priceyDanoDined on 8/21/2014As much as I love Palomino, I'm near my breaking point on the value proposition. Even the salads for lunch at approaching $20; too much to pay when I'm hungry again 3 hours later.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 8/18/2014One guests food was cold. The rest of the food very average. Our waitress was very nice and apologetic for the cold food. We would never go there for breakfast again.
- Not the old PalominoDavidRDined on 8/17/2014We were incredibly disappointed in the service on Sunday. Either the restaurant was understaffed or the server didn't care. Part of our order was missing, we had to wave down the server numerous times to get her attention and she never checked on how we liked our food. A little disappointed that we had to pay for the bread, not a common practice in nicer restaurants in the Greater Seattle Area. It was good, but not $3. good. We have been faithful patrons of the R-U-I chain and sometimes when we make a reservations through Open Table, we are seated in a less than premium table. We really liked the old Palomino and if this is what R-U-I is going for, we probably won't be back.
- Great Spotniceguy206Dined on 8/9/2014We went here for my friends bachelor party dinner. The folks here were very accomodating and helpful with coordinating things which made for a wonderful evening. Making reservations online was a plus. Definitely will do it again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, loud outdoorssnowmelDined on 8/4/2014Great food, good service, and we sat outside because the weather was gorgeous. But with all the construction going on down the street on the new Lincoln Square addition, there were really loud trucks going by constantly which kicked up dust and were really distracting during our lunch. Suggest you sit inside until the construction is done.Special Features:
- PalominowiztodineDined on 8/2/2014Scallops, portabello firies, brussel sprouts and salmon were all fabulous. Pasta faglio was just OK.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!Foodlover72Dined on 8/2/2014We have eaten here before, but they have re-imagined the whole thing, and it was incredible. I had the lavender martini (well, 2 actually) - soooo good! The flank steak with warm potato salad was incredible, as we're the mushroom frites. Got my favorite donuts for dessert - so glad they stayed!! I will definitely be back - SOON!!! Yummy.Special Features:
- not a big fan of the changes11111Dined on 7/29/2014I have loved the chop chop salad for years. During my last visit, I ordered the large size portion but I swear this is 1/2 the size the salad used to be. The server was friendly but seemed scattered. It was lunch time and she was taking the time to put candles on the outdoor table while we will still waiting for our drinks/bread. I would think this could be done later in the day when the restaurant is slow?Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious food, bad service.willowDined on 7/25/2014I was very impressed with the food, it was impeccable. The service, however, was horrid. This made me very unhappy. The server was not too helpful at all, she was also extremely rude and inattentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good service bad foodSaoirseVIPDined on 7/24/2014I don't know why I come back here... My crab cakes were too salty, so much so I wouldn't have eaten them if I hadn't been so hungry. My ten year old's cheese burger 'tasted average' according to him. I really won't come back...
- Celebration lunch disappointmentjan6868Dined on 7/21/2014I've eaten at Palomino in Seattle and love it! The wait staff is engaging and well trained, the chef creates tasty, attractive dishes. I can't say the same about Palomino Rustico in Bellevue. Our celebration lunch was less than a great event. Food was not well seasons (the tauted Portabella mushroom soup was tasteless). Our server was not familiar with the menu and provided awkward guidance (at best). Next time we celebrate, it will be somewhere else.
- Not what it used to beOutstandingVIPDined on 7/10/2014The host staff was rushed and inexperienced. The food was just OK and nothing really special on the menu. I won't go back anytime soon.
- Not as we'd hopedkbguestDined on 7/3/2014We were entertaining out-of-area friends, and hoped that Palomino Rustico would be a good alternative for our first choice which was closed for renovations. We were welcomed enthusiastically, but the food was terribly over-salted and over-spiced (paella in Spain is nuanced rather than screaming, and prawns with pasta aren't best presented with an equal volume of capers), and delivered in ways that were just odd: three of us had the paella-- I seemed to have had all the clams and my friend all the mussels and my husband none of either. The noise level went from basically okay at 7 to deafening by 8. Our friends were polite; we were embarrassed and we hope to make it up to them at some point.
- Slightly carelessAndyDined on 7/1/2014For the most part things were fine but the quality of the food was uneven.
- Great foodAZStuDined on 6/17/2014Really enjoyed our meal here. Food very tasty. Seemed loud when we walked in, but our booth in a corner was not noisy. Brussel Sprouts, and Mudpie Gelato for dessert were highlights, but salad and entrees were very good too. 9oz pour glasses of wine are nice too. Entrees were brought before we had finished our salad, but other than that service was quite good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- A tired restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/17/2014The waitress could barely stay awake. The food was the same old offerings. Mushroom soup was great but the chop salad was made by someone who didn't seem to care. There are lots of other choices of where to dine near Palamino. Why go to someplace that is just a place to eat?
- Great food and serviceimashopperDined on 6/15/2014Celebrating Father's Day Brunch at Palomino was great. Justin M, our waiter, was friendly, helpful, and knowledgeable. The French toast and regular scramble were tasty and presented beautifully.Special Features:
- FoxislanddinerDined on 6/12/2014Our server was very friendly and took good care of us. Our ceasar salads were a disappointment. The lettuce was very yellow and full of pieces that should have been trimmed. I would highly recommend the Brussels sprout and cauliflower appetizers. They were amazingly good.
- Great food, Great valuejcagneyDined on 6/11/2014We needed to take a 4 month old along and this was a great choice. Lots of room, great food and service and very reasonable prices.Special Features:
- Nice for casual diningetingoodDined on 6/10/2014We loved it here because it is casual enough that we didn't feel pressured to leave and were able to take time to hang out. Wait staff is very kind and playful. Food is fun but you won't find much of a steak dinner here. Be sure to check out the menu before you go so you know it has your kind of food.The pizza and salad we had were terrific.Special Features:
- Average ExperienceAubiegirlDined on 6/7/2014My husband and I ate here on a Saturday evening and were seated promptly. The server was friendly. We ordered the bread and crab cakes for appetizers. For entrees, I had the lemon sage chicken and my husband ordered the prosciutto crudo pizza. The bread was delicious, and we kept waiting for the crab cakes thinking the kitchen was backed up. However, our entrees were brought to the table, and we found out the server forgot to place the order. She apologized and brought the crab cakes anyway, but took them off the ticket. I wasn't a fan of the crab cakes because I was hoping for lump crab meat, but these were shredded. We were both happy with our entrees and proceeded to order dessert (creme brûlée) which was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/25/2014Food was excellent and our server was very cheerful gave good suggestions for dinnerSpecial Features:
- The following 1012 reviews are from the Palomino Rustico reviews archive.
- Great foot... love the startersOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2014i always love Starters of Palamino... I have been to SF, Seattle and Bellevue and always love itSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- new menuJonannieVIPDined on 5/16/2014The new menu is almost the same as the old one. The house made bread is not as good ......not as crispy. It 's very doughy. The rotisserie chicken is a much smaller serving and the cast-iron pan that it's served in, makes it much harder to eat. The taste was still good!Special Features:
- Great Food and ServiceGraduateDined on 5/14/2014Had chopped salad, pancetta scones, grilled seafood pasta, and the banana bread pudding. All were great. Our waitress was friendly and efficient and answered all of our questions accurately. Note that we dined around 5:30, and it did get more crowded and noisy toward the end of our meal. Overall a good experience.Special Features:
- Disappointment on Mother's DaydashDined on 5/11/2014Being loyal to Palomino in Bellevue since 2007, I planned and reserved a table to treat my wife on Mother's Day Lunch along with my daughter and two visiting friends from India. Two of my guests including my wife were vegetarians. After not finding many vegetarian options in the menu I ordered Pasta with pesto and vegetables. The server assured me that the Chef would definitely be able to add many vegetables to the pasta dish. It took a good 45 minutes to get our food. Luckily we had ordered some bread and fries to munch on. To our utter disappointment the pasta dishes were without any vegetables. We brought this to the attention of a supervisor but she just empathized for a moment and apologized before walking away. I will not go back.
- biscuitDined on 5/11/2014We love the food here. It is tacky that they charge for bread nowSpecial Features:
- Mothers Day - out of foodTLH9603Dined on 5/11/2014This was our second Mothers Day at the restaurant. We went because last year was wonderfully quiet, excellent service and food. This year, the food was still good, but they were out of two items my wife and daughter wanted. Server, who was very polite, said they didn't have the items even before they opened. Sounds like the buyer needs a refresher in food ordering. Understand that sometimes it's hard to predict how much and food runs out over course of day. But before you open??? Poor restaurant management. Like I said, food was good, service was good, but lack of choice and the noise, especially music level, made our experience less than desirable. Likely won't be back next year.Special Features:
- Skip thisOutandaboutDined on 5/11/2014Went for Mother's Day brunch. Table looked abandoned. No table cloth. Silverware/napkins tossed willy/nilly. table sized for way more than for four. Very nice waiter, but food was luke-warm and ordinary. Music was so loud we could not hear ourselves; turned down only after three requests.
- Delicious Food Freshly MadeRunningMateDined on 5/11/2014I really enjoyed the freshly made scones with fig jam... The Italian interpretation of Egg Benedict was great!Special Features:
- Not so greatKateDined on 5/10/2014While our server was pleasant and helpful, the food was disappointing for the price. The mushroom appetizer didn't contain enough mushroom, the bread was undercooked and my pasta dish was too vinegary. I didn't care for the change in décor in the room near the kitchen. The tables near the windows were more attractive.
- Not the experience we were expectinmemoriesDined on 5/10/2014The experience my wife and I had was disappointing. With the recent reopening the value just was not there. I was disappointed to have to pay for bread service, it left me asking why and feeling blah (nothing amazing).The entrée portion sizes were great to see, but the price that I paid for my shrimp scampi left me feeling ripped off. Our server also lack personality, and it did not appear to be even busy at the time were ate (6pm). Overall I would hesitate in returning if this the new image that Palomino desires to leave all there guest with.
- First TimersOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/26/2014As with many places these days, it was pretty noisy. High ceilings, hardwood floors, plenty of customers. The food was good though and the wait staff tried hard. We would go back again.