141 Chatsworth Avenue
Larchmont, NY 10538Neighborhood:
Tapas / Small PlatesPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palominolarchmont.com/
- Phone: 9146307871x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Fusion / Eclectic, Tapas / Small Plates
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Palomino
PALOMINO Restaurant, Chef Rafael Palomino's new restaurant, located in the lovely town of Larchmont, New York. Set at 141 Chatsworth Avenue, this restaurant will feature authentic Spanish Bistro fare fused with a latino cuisine with a large selection of wines, sangrías, and cocktails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
Palomino - Best Restaurants in Larchmont ›
Palomino reviews from OpenTable diners
65 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (24)good for groups (16)hot spot (15)romantic (13)great for lunch (11)notable wine list (10)great for brunch (9)late-night find (6)great for outdoor dining (6)vibrant bar scene (6)kid-friendly (4)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 10/19/2014The food is always fresh and the quality always consistent. The service is excellent. Always a pleasure to dine here.Special Features:
- Good Food, Disorganized ServiceBizfinguyVIPDined on 10/18/2014Nice food and fun atmosphere but poorly organized service/waitstaff is this restaurant's achilles heel. We had to flag down our waitress three times after being abandoned for 20 minutes at a stretch. She was well meaning but clearly overstretched and under-trained. This happened the last time we ate here as well.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/11/2014Everything we ate was delicious, no exceptions. Drinks were great. For apps/tapas we had the grilled calamari which was out of this world and the shrimp ceviche, also amazing. They also indicate gluten free options right on the menu which was very helpful to me. And there were many options to choose from. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Highly recommend.Special Features:
- Amazing BrunchfoodloverDined on 10/5/2014I'm sad I've never tried this restaurant out sooner. Made reservations based on a lot of reviews and I'm glad I did. We went in for brunch and tried the pre-fixed menu. Everything we ordered were possibly the best dishes I've ever had (mac 'n' cheese, pork tenderloin and churros with unlimited sangria). And on top of the food, the service was phenomenal. He was very attentive, but also respectful of our conversations. This place is an absolute gem!Special Features:
- Great MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 9/30/2014The menu had so many delicious options it was hard to choose. Nothing had a powerful wow factor, but it was all good.Special Features:
- Great modern Spanish foodpickyeaterDined on 9/30/2014Food is always delicious and great cocktails. Love Taco Tuesdays.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and quietSavinDined on 9/26/2014The food was good modern Spanish/Latin with some traditional dishes as well. The wine list had good matches for the food and was reasonably priced. The service was friendly and helpful. The noise level was low when the restaurant wasn't completely full and even then was moderate. There was no problem hearing people at my table. The sum of the parts results in an excellent adult dining experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food, horrific serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/20/2014On a recent Saturday night, the restaurant was packed. No air conditioning. It was about 100 degrees. The noise level makes it impossible to hear across the table. The wait for cocktails was 45 minutes and then only 2 drinks of 6 drinks were brought while another table who came in and ordered after us were served. The waitress was surly, combative and incompetent. If she was not fired that night, this place is doomed. 2 appetizers were served and the rest came 10 minutes later. After another long wait, 2 of the entrees were cold. The management appeared helpless and was unapologetic.
- DeliciousGEB720Dined on 9/13/2014Everything we ate was delicious. Menu is a bit limited. Wish we had more choices.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great surf and turf speciallove2dine2Dined on 8/30/2014We've been here several times over the last few months and the service, drinks and food have all been excellent.Special Features:
- Taco Tuesday is yummyRegularGourmetDined on 8/19/2014Our kids are foodies and love to go to Bar Taco but we don't always have time for the drive so this was a good alternative. We all loved the guac and the tomatillo sauce that came with the tacos was delicious. In particular, our waiter was really engaging and delightful - a touch of warmth in what can be a bit sterile atmosphere. The up-charge for skirt steak tacos seems very silly and confused us.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent and creativefoodwhoreDined on 8/19/2014Great Mexican food with an elegant twist. Service is perfect. I recommend the Taco special on TuesdaySpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/15/2014It was our first time at Palomino's and we had an excellent experience. Relaxing atmosphere, interesting menu and high quality service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Monday's are the best! 1/2 off wineJrepNYCDined on 8/4/2014Monday's are the best here, make it a point to call the ladies out for half price wine bottle night. The weekends are busy for us so we enjoy ourselves every Monday at this great little spot. Great convenience being next to the train station. Wine list has a very tasteful selection of classics and "new" wine. We usually choose a white and red, this past Monday we enjoyed a beautiful Spanish Albarino and Organic Pinot Noir. I suggest choosing a red and white because if you go tapa's style, highly recommended, you assure yourself effortless perfect pairings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently terrificSteveVIPDined on 8/1/2014We have been to Palomino 6+ times. Every visit was a wonderful experience. The specialty cocktails are potent and fun.Special Features:
- Best Brunch with Unlimited Sangria!BandDlove2eatoutDined on 7/26/2014My husband and I loved the 3-course brunch prix fixe! The added bonuses to the unique spin on brunch were unlimited sangria and the passed hors d'ouvres! Sirloin steak was cooked perfectly. I really enjoyed the duck tacos with the pomegranate reduction. Our server was very friendly and helpful. We'll be back on Monday for their half price wine bottle special!Special Features:
- Small Plate GemNewRochelleMikeDined on 7/25/2014For us this is very close to home. Small dishes are great. A good selection and all well prepared. We will be back. We sat at the bar and found the bar tender to be very friendly - excellent service and a good group of clientele.Special Features:
- Fantastic Sunday Prix Fixe!luckytony44Dined on 7/24/2014I was really impressed with the Sunday Dinner Prix Fixe. Nice portions and a good amount of choices. For my first course I had the Truffle Mac 'N Cheese. Who knew Mac 'N Cheese could be that good? Shiitake mushrooms and pancetta in it with there blend of cheeses gave it that extra kick. My girlfriend went crazy for the shrimp ceviche. For dinner, my salmon was cooked an exact medium rare and my girlfriend had the stuffed chicken. Her favorite part was the cherry sauce because she said it tasted so good with the goat cheese in the stuffing. I had a taste and I have to agree. For dessert we shared the Flan and Churros. Great finish to a fantastic prix fixe!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New regular Wednesday night spotdine4funDined on 7/23/2014This place is going to be my regular Wednesday night spot, I won’t be able to resist the $16 paella special, and it’s conveniently located on the corner from the train station. If you enjoy a good margarita like I do, give the blood orange and jalapeno one a try. Don’t worry it’s not super spicy unless you ask! For dessert, I enjoyed the Spanish crème brulee, my husband says the churros are some of the best he’s ever had. He’s a tough critic on his favorite dessert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You must try this place!Vic1920Dined on 7/21/2014First time here, enjoyed it more then I anticipated. Nice selection of Happy Hour apps for $4 and cocktails for $5. I tried the Blue Point Oysters which were delicious and fresh. I also had a mojito and strawberry basil drink which were both good. For dinner I started with the Garlic Sizzling Shrimp which was very flavorful and had the Bacon Wrapped Pork for an entree. I really liked the flavor and the hash brown it came with. Planning to bring my girlfriend here, I know she would love the veggie options and sangria. I say give this place a try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Crazy about this place!MrAndyDined on 7/19/2014Crazy about this place and it's off the charts flavors! The empanadas and grilled calamari are super and I could drink the chimichurri. Veggie enchilada was tasty and my wife loved the roasted pork with sweet plantain. Looking forward to trying this place out for brunch over the weekend, I was sold at unlimited sangria. Cheers!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Couldn't have been happier!MrandMrsHDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I planned to dine here alone but we ended up running into friends at the bar. Since we ended up being a group of 8, we had a pretty big selection of the tapas off the menu at the table to share, and EVERYTHING was OUTSTANDING. Favorites among the group: table-side guacamole, sauteed garlic shrimp, truffle mac 'n cheese, and quinoa croquettes. The sauces were unique and flavorful, but not overpowering. Great way to spend a Saturday night among friends. Food service and drinks refills were offered timely and our waiter was very helpful suggesting wines to try with our selection of appetizers. Everyone couldn't have been happier!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the tapas & sangria!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/18/2014Stumbled upon this place dropping my friend off at the train station and it was WONDERFUL! Nice choice of tapas with very complimentary touches, like the quinoa veggie croquettes and mint-yogurt sauce. I absolutely loved the sangria choices, the blood orange sangria was probably my favorite, hard to choose. The manager even came by our table to check on the service and food. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone who enjoys a little variety and a comfortable atmosphere.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Celebrating at PalominoOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/15/2014Palomino was my husband's choice for a restaurant to celebrate his birthday--we had been here once before and loved it, so he wanted to go back again. Rave reviews for the macaroni and cheese, special tacos and bronzino. The atmosphere is warm and the menu is creative. We will be coming back againSpecial Features:
- Nice night outAudioDined on 7/10/2014Tapas was spot on. Tasty. Sangria delicious. Noise level was decent even though music was playing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food, Fair ServiceConsistentVIPDined on 7/3/2014The food is good, interesting menu and flavorful. The place has a nice decor, but the noise level is almost unbearable. On a Friday night when there was live music on top of the loud groups of tables and limited noise absorption, it was very hard to have a conversation. Good enough to go again though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- uninspiringFoodiefindVIPDined on 6/28/2014I was disappointed after having read that Palomino was a very good restaurant. Not the case. Cheese and meat platter was very skimpy. A grilled octopus salad not tasty but bland. I can't even remember the other tapas I had it was so forgettable. I would not return unless they get their act together.
- Excellent MealGrillmasterHDined on 6/28/2014My wife and I really enjoyed the food at Palomino. The server was excellent and every thing came to the table promply and hot. This was our first experience at this restaurant, but we will be back. It was a really good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty food and great servicewinemedinemeDined on 6/28/2014The meats and cheese platter was a great bite to start with, especially since they had a great selection of my favorite spanish wines. The salmon tartar wasn't what I was expecting, I think it was the grain mustard that really sold it. Our server was great with making sure we were happy with our selections and offered us wine tastings since we couldn't decide. We told our server that we weren't in a hurry, but were interested in taking our time to enjoy our meal and he was very nice about it, all we had to do was tell him when we were ready for our next course. Usually on a Saturday night I feel a little pressure to be in and out, but this place was more then accommodating to all our needs. Relaxed atmosphere. Tasty food. Great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food & service!CrzyAboutFoodDined on 6/27/2014We were just looking for a place after the movies to relax and enjoy some wine and appetizers, my girlfriend is very picky so I always get nervous suggesting a place, but my sister recommended that we give this place a try. I was glad that I did. The only complaint I got from her was why hadn't I brought her here before? Her favorite was the salmon tartar, mine was the truffle mac and cheese. The garlic shrimp and calamari were delicious too. I'm happy I finally found a place that we can both enjoy with great food and a very friendly staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 133 reviews are from the Palomino reviews archive.
- we loved itBarrybacaVIPDined on 6/22/2014lovely service, delicious food, in a beautiful setting close to the larchmont train stationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always happy to returnCooperDined on 6/21/2014Food and service always tops but I must admit it is noisy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WestchesterVIPDined on 6/21/2014Lovely people, very hospitable, great service --interesting menu....I had a salad with shrimp for lunch & it was delightful.Special Features:
- Too hot not to cool downmaven1VIPDined on 6/18/2014We were there for Paella night on Wed. July 16. When we arrived, we noticed it was a little warm ( 6 PM). The server said that she will have the air cond turned up. It turns out, that we found out later, that it was down for the count. We were verry, very uncomfortable all night. Food was great!Special Features:
- good food, bad serviceIknowgoodfoodDined on 6/17/2014Good food but food took an hour to get to our table and the waitress was very rude. I read the reviews of this restaurant before I arrived so I knew service may not be up to par, but when I went there to try it out, they previous reviews were spot on. Wanted to like this place but the waitress ruined it for us. Wonderful way to spend our anniversary, not.
- could be betterRobertDined on 5/31/2014Food very good service was lacking and very inattentive.Special Features:
- Order lots of Tapas dishessunskiVIPDined on 5/30/2014The Tapas dishes were delicious as were the cocktails. The entrees were a bit uneven - paella was boring & needed more flavor; branzino was very good & nicely spiced but the enchillada-like rolls with shrimp couscous that were below it were just ok. The restaurant had a high noise level on a Friday evening. The waitress was a bit pushy & failed to pay attention to how we wanted things served (ie. sauce on the side), and the busboy was clumsy & sort of rude in his manner of clearing dishes. In short, we were far more impressed our 1st time here, then with our recent repeat visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- wildflowerwildflowerVIPDined on 5/27/2014Food is excellent. Taco Tuesday fun idea and great value. Looking forward to trying Paella Wednesday.Special Features:
- 105OVIPDined on 5/23/2014Had a reservation for 8. Got seated at 8:35. They came by three times and started to take our plates before we were finished.
- OkRoadRunnerDined on 5/16/2014Very excited to try this place. However, service was extremely slow. Took forever to get our drinks. In fact I had to ask our waiter after he came over a 2nd time to take our order, "our drinks" and when he went back to the bar, it appeared as if he had never even put our order in. We waited too long for drinks! Not a good way to start. Lapses in getting our water glasses refilled, etc. as for the food. appetizer came out cold, shrimp tamale...disappointing. The paella, which the waiter recommended, was lacking flavor but loaded with seafood. On the positive side, the tortilla soup was excellent as were the scallop and shrimp. Good meal, just could have been much better!