Palomino - Indianapolis
49 West Maryland Street
Circle Center Mall #189
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: (317) 974-0400
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $30 & above).
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Open Thanksgiving, November 25th, from noon 'til 7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kevin Burris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for groups of 20 guests or more. Complimentary Delivery within a two mile radius of the Circle Monument. Please contact Mariah Bennett, Marketing Specialist for details. 317.974.0400
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3179740400x
- Special Events: All Day, Every Day Happy Hour from 11am-6pm and from 9pm-close.
Wine-Down Wednesday- All bottles of wine are 1/2 price all day.
Indianapolis Colt's Home Game Brunch
A word from Palomino - Indianapolis
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palomino - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Palomino - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
243 reviews since July 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (118)fit for foodies (105)good for groups (90)romantic (70)great for lunch (51)hot spot (36)notable wine list (32)great for outdoor dining (24)neighborhood gem (23)vibrant bar scene (20)late-night find (19)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (6)Show More
- I would go there againOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014Very nice overall. However we were seated next to a very large table of guests. It was actually cramped. That part was unpleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014This was my first visit to Palomino's and I was blown away by the excellent food and incredible service! Highly recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Any Occassion, Always GreatAKirkbrideDined on 11/12/2014I have been to Palomino many times for both business dinners in a group or one-on-one with a friend and am never disappointed. The regular menu is great and the specials are always reliably wonderful. The service is outstanding - even courteous when we are the last table in the place. I recommend Palomino to others and always my first choice for taking out of town business guests or special events.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Meh.IvebeeneverywheremanDined on 11/8/2014This place has disappointed, again. Service and food is fine Sun-Thurs. Fridays and Saturdays, the system breaks down...My Lamb Shank looked (and tasted) like it'd died of natural causes several weeks prior and then spent those days under warming lights. My wife's pasta side was similar in appearance - gummy with old, crusted-over Parmesan. My son's Steak Frites was OK but the steak was over done and thusly very dry. We visited on a Sat night at 7:30. The room was clearing out after its initial rush and was about 50% full. Service was spotty and food was a long time in coming. However, I've been in Palomino on off-nights and for lunches. Food and service has been very good, it's just that my weekend visits have always disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent meal, great serviceJeffBDined on 11/8/2014This is our 3rd visit to the Indianapolis downtown Palomino. We've had consistent delicious food and courteous pleasant prompt service. We are very happy with Palomino, and plan to revisit on a regular basis. My wife had the tilapia special, and I had the filet, with an appetizer of bruschetta that was the best bruschetta I've had in recent memory. As I said, very happy, plan to return.Special Features:
- Having an off nightFroggyDined on 11/8/2014Our reservation was honored on time on a busy Saturday evening but the usually friendly and attentive service staff was slow and distracted for some reason. Our favorite salad for years was no longer on the menu. I ordered a new item, pork osso buco, form the daily specials menu expecting it to be a generous portion of typically fall-off-the-bone tender and juicy. There was less than 4 ounces of dry meat that was overcooked at best, and served leftover at worst. Overall, it was an acceptable dinner experience but not what I have grown to expect at this restaurant.Special Features:
- fantastic service & atmosphereDoubleDDined on 11/6/2014My wife's birthday to celebrate. We arrived and were seated promptly to a very cozy table. Our waitress was extremely professional, polite and very accommodating. She knew the menu and her choices were spot on. It was a wonderful evening and experience. The food was remarkable as always and highly recommend Palomino to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tip Top in Every WayEGFJVIPDined on 11/5/2014We are regular Palomino customers and this meal and service is why. Outstanding scallops, juicy chicken under a brick, rich pasta, half price bottles of wine on Weds and an outstanding server. She was knowledgeable and helpful and attentive. Great evening.Special Features:
- Good Food Slow ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2014The food at the Palomino was excellent. Unfortunately, the service was incredibly slow. If our waitress had been over run with tables I would have understood. Sadly, she was not. However, the rumors are true. The food is amazing.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/1/2014It had been over a year since we had been to Palomino. It was just as fabulous as I had remembered. The menu was trendy and fall focused. The atmosphere was busy yet relaxing. We had a fabulous dinner - started off with their "not on the menu" Gorgonzola Cheese Fries, followed by the Tilapia special and ended the evening with the amazing Banana Bread Pudding. I would highly recommend trying Palomino if you haven't - and if you have, go again! It never disappoints!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great All AroundOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The service was top notch and the food was great! It was our first time trying the Palomino, and we will definitely eat there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 10/29/2014Great Service and food. Worked out great for our group. Every member of our party (7) remarked on the quality of the food and service. Thanks LSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely eveningCatrinaDined on 10/27/2014The asiago almond crusted scallops were wonderful. Nice wine selections. Excellent waitstaff. Our group of five have dined at Palomino's several times over several years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:
- Perfect for Pre-TheaterrobertbakerDined on 10/25/2014MY wife and I ate at Palomino and then went over to the Indianapolis Symphony for a concert. My wife is gluten-intolerant and our waiter was able to provide some gluten free pizza crust to snack on before our appetizers and entrees. The food was prepared the way we like. We had a 6:15 reservation, were seated immediately and had our bill paid in enough time to walk over to the Symphony. My wife had a wonderful evening!Special Features:
- Good location and seafoodLarryDined on 10/24/2014We enjoyed the salmon and tilapia dishes along with the extensive wine list. We would recommend!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ate before Fleetwood Mac ConcertOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/21/2014We told waitress that we needed to be out in time to walk to the concert. Service was good and food was even better. There were 4 of us. Only complaint was we had the first table with lots of commotion around us. Pretty loud too.Special Features:
- Always a good choiceIndy4Dined on 10/21/2014I like Palomino very much. The food is always fresh and innovative and you can always find something delicious. It's a great place to go before a game or a concert. We look forward to our next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre Colts BrunchSnootyFoodieVIPDined on 10/19/2014Bar was slow, kitchen was slow as we were trying to head to the Colts game. Our server was excellent. Portions for the price were small... Bloody Mary bar is a great idea!
- pattVIPDined on 10/18/2014The bruchetta appetizer was outstanding. Scallop entrée was good but had too much breading.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We were seated promptly. Our waiter flew by saying he'd be right with us...10 minutes later, still no water, no bread, no waiter. Waiter shows up about 5 minutes later. We commented on how long it took - he apologized saying they were busy. OK, they were busy, but it appeared as though the waiter to table ratio was pretty high. We decided to order drinks & dinner together. Another 15 minutes before we saw our drinks. Dinner came after a reasonable time...unfortunately, it was nothing special. Sounded good on the menu, but boring & bland (the highly recommended burger & the "oh one of the best items on the menu" scallops). We remembered too late that this is not the 1st time we've had a bad experience...we will not return.
- Best dinner yet at Palomino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014My friend and I had dinner after our theater date and arrived at 6:45 pm, right on time for our reservations. We were promptly seated. The place was packed with a lot of people waiting, so reservations were definitely smart. There was a table of 20 next to us so our waitress was sure to get our two orders in before that table's so we didn't have to wait overly long for our food. The salads and entrees--salmon and shrimp scampi---were the best we've ever had there. The carrot cake was divine.Special Features:
- As good as rememberedHorselover373Dined on 10/11/2014We were at Palomino 25 years ago and loved it. We especially went crazy for their mushroom soup. It was a pleasure to find that the soup was as good as we remembered it and the service and overall ambiance was better than before. We would highly recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I believe her name was Ashley. She was SO kind. We had 3 generations of women in our family dining together for a special treat, and she was fun, informative, helpful, and accommodating. She's a treasure. A mistake was made with our take-home box, and she made sure my daughter had a full box to take home. A wonderful server makes all the difference when dining out. Ashley was just that for us.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014It was my wife's birthday this was communicated in my reservation. And 3/4 through our meal o asked the waitress if she knew this. No, she did not. Got a nice desert. The food was ok. My salmon and shrimp scampi had 2 very small shrimp. 2? Really? The salmon was good. My wife's meal was good.
- nicePleasedVIPDined on 10/8/2014our experience was nice. Our waitress was good and knowledgable, but the service itself seem to be kinda slow - dessert particularly. The couple behind us was seated, eat and left ALL in our time while sitting there. I'm not sure what all they got, but again, our service seems a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014We had one of the best waiters at Palomino ever (John). We like eating here for special occasions and they never disappoint. Food and service were just great!Special Features:
- Special eveningfoodieDined on 10/1/2014We returned to Palomino to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday after having a wonderful anniversary celebration just the month before this time the food was again outstanding and staff very attentive but not even one mention of her birthday during our anniversary dinner every staff person mentioned our occasion and even offered a complimentary toast. I still enjoyed the meal but it was a different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Luvglam7Dined on 9/28/2014We love to go here whenever in town. Have been here mostly for lunch but has an excellent dinner menu also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningPapaBearDined on 9/26/2014We had excellent service at Palomino. The ahi was good, mahi was fine, and the creme brûlée was very good. It was disappointing with the restaurant only 1/3 full that the maitre'd would not move our table when we asked, so that we could be on the window, especially considering the fact we were there for 1 1/2 hours and the window tables never filled; along with the fact our bill for 2 people was north of $100. She should have been more respectable when we had reservations and asked for a nicer table. It will affect whether we eat there again before attending a social affair downtown.
- Downtown diningfood4flightDined on 9/26/2014Good Food & Good Times were had by all with our party coming together from SF, Florida and Carmel.Special Features:
- Good birthday dinnerSablebDayDined on 9/25/2014We had not been there for a long time. But enjoyed getting back to the place. And will think of it for future family dinners great ambience nice location liked it a lot all the bestI would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodblansetteVIPDined on 9/25/2014the food was great and they let us order the garlic and flatbread app from the dinner menu :)Special Features:
- Lovely lunchIndyCgDined on 9/25/2014We wanted to honor a colleague's 25th work anniversary, and Palomino was the perfect setting. Our group was seated immediately and received the food quickly. The food, including calamari, pasta, soups, salads and sandwiches, was delicious. Thank you!Special Features:
- First time in IndyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Everyone in the city was incredibly friendly, and Palomino staff were too. Great food. Hint: catch them on half-price-wine Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Angel9Dined on 9/24/2014I enjoyed my recent birthday lunch with my father the other day. I found the atmosphere very elegant and pleasant. Our food was very delicious, including the sinful dessert. The signature Bloody Mary coctail was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Jeff the manager and he and his staff is the reason we dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noblepersianDined on 9/19/2014Not as good as other Palomino's I've been to. Entree pricey for the relatively mediocre food.Special Features:
- Enjoyablejperk1819Dined on 9/19/2014On business for lunch, good enough to head back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Service a little weakIndyvisitorDined on 9/17/2014Visiting Indiana for the summer, this was our one night out in Indy. After drinks and shrimp cocktail at St Elmo's, we had a 7pm reservation at Palomino's. Everything about the food was delicious. Fiancé w had smoked prime rib. It was cooked to perfection and delicious! My sea scallops were lightly coated with finely crushed almonds and asiago cheese. Absolutely wonderful although portion could have been larger! The Wed night half-priced bottle of wine was also excellent. Now the problem......our appetizer our was forgotten by our waiter and our dinner came in 10 mins....not exactly the leisurely romantic dinner we were hoping for.Special Features:
- Soup can't be beat !nelleVIPDined on 9/16/2014If you are a lover of mushrooms...Palomino's mushroom soup cannot be beat in my opinion. The rest of the food is fabulous also. Wonderful service as well.Special Features: