Palomino - Indianapolis
49 West Maryland Street
Circle Center Mall #189
Indianapolis, IN 46204Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Palomino - Indianapolis
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 3179740400x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-Price Bottled Wine! (bottles priced at $30 & above).
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:15am - 2:30pm, Saturday: 11:30am - 3:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Open Thanksgiving, November 25th, from noon 'til 7pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Kevin Burris
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Wine
- Catering: Catering is available for groups of 20 guests or more. Complimentary Delivery within a two mile radius of the Circle Monument. Please contact Mariah Bennett, Marketing Specialist for details. 317.974.0400
- Private Party Facilities: Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Manager 3179740400x
- Special Events: All Day, Every Day Happy Hour from 11am-6pm and from 9pm-close.
Wine-Down Wednesday- All bottles of wine are 1/2 price all day.
Indianapolis Colt's Home Game Brunch
A word from Palomino - Indianapolis
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Palomino - Indianapolis - Best Restaurants in Downtown Indy ›
Palomino - Indianapolis reviews from OpenTable diners
217 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (89)good for groups (84)romantic (61)great for lunch (50)hot spot (31)notable wine list (30)great for outdoor dining (27)neighborhood gem (21)late-night find (18)vibrant bar scene (18)great for brunch (15)kid-friendly (10)scenic view (8)Show More
- pattVIPDined on 10/18/2014The bruchetta appetizer was outstanding. Scallop entrée was good but had too much breading.Special Features:
- Don't waste your time or moneyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/18/2014We were seated promptly. Our waiter flew by saying he'd be right with us...10 minutes later, still no water, no bread, no waiter. Waiter shows up about 5 minutes later. We commented on how long it took - he apologized saying they were busy. OK, they were busy, but it appeared as though the waiter to table ratio was pretty high. We decided to order drinks & dinner together. Another 15 minutes before we saw our drinks. Dinner came after a reasonable time...unfortunately, it was nothing special. Sounded good on the menu, but boring & bland (the highly recommended burger & the "oh one of the best items on the menu" scallops). We remembered too late that this is not the 1st time we've had a bad experience...we will not return.
- Best dinner yet at Palomino'sOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/18/2014My friend and I had dinner after our theater date and arrived at 6:45 pm, right on time for our reservations. We were promptly seated. The place was packed with a lot of people waiting, so reservations were definitely smart. There was a table of 20 next to us so our waitress was sure to get our two orders in before that table's so we didn't have to wait overly long for our food. The salads and entrees--salmon and shrimp scampi---were the best we've ever had there. The carrot cake was divine.Special Features:
- As good as rememberedHorselover373Dined on 10/11/2014We were at Palomino 25 years ago and loved it. We especially went crazy for their mushroom soup. It was a pleasure to find that the soup was as good as we remembered it and the service and overall ambiance was better than before. We would highly recommend going.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect ServerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014I believe her name was Ashley. She was SO kind. We had 3 generations of women in our family dining together for a special treat, and she was fun, informative, helpful, and accommodating. She's a treasure. A mistake was made with our take-home box, and she made sure my daughter had a full box to take home. A wonderful server makes all the difference when dining out. Ashley was just that for us.Special Features:
- Not as good as it used to beOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/9/2014It was my wife's birthday this was communicated in my reservation. And 3/4 through our meal o asked the waitress if she knew this. No, she did not. Got a nice desert. The food was ok. My salmon and shrimp scampi had 2 very small shrimp. 2? Really? The salmon was good. My wife's meal was good.
- nicePleasedVIPDined on 10/8/2014our experience was nice. Our waitress was good and knowledgable, but the service itself seem to be kinda slow - dessert particularly. The couple behind us was seated, eat and left ALL in our time while sitting there. I'm not sure what all they got, but again, our service seems a little slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always consistently greatOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 10/7/2014We had one of the best waiters at Palomino ever (John). We like eating here for special occasions and they never disappoint. Food and service were just great!Special Features:
- Special eveningfoodieDined on 10/1/2014We returned to Palomino to celebrate my wife's 65th birthday after having a wonderful anniversary celebration just the month before this time the food was again outstanding and staff very attentive but not even one mention of her birthday during our anniversary dinner every staff person mentioned our occasion and even offered a complimentary toast. I still enjoyed the meal but it was a different experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!Luvglam7Dined on 9/28/2014We love to go here whenever in town. Have been here mostly for lunch but has an excellent dinner menu also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice eveningPapaBearDined on 9/26/2014We had excellent service at Palomino. The ahi was good, mahi was fine, and the creme brûlée was very good. It was disappointing with the restaurant only 1/3 full that the maitre'd would not move our table when we asked, so that we could be on the window, especially considering the fact we were there for 1 1/2 hours and the window tables never filled; along with the fact our bill for 2 people was north of $100. She should have been more respectable when we had reservations and asked for a nicer table. It will affect whether we eat there again before attending a social affair downtown.
- Downtown diningfood4flightDined on 9/26/2014Good Food & Good Times were had by all with our party coming together from SF, Florida and Carmel.Special Features:
- Good birthday dinnerSablebDayDined on 9/25/2014We had not been there for a long time. But enjoyed getting back to the place. And will think of it for future family dinners great ambience nice location liked it a lot all the bestI would recommend this to a friend.
- good foodblansetteVIPDined on 9/25/2014the food was great and they let us order the garlic and flatbread app from the dinner menu :)Special Features:
- Lovely lunchIndyCgDined on 9/25/2014We wanted to honor a colleague's 25th work anniversary, and Palomino was the perfect setting. Our group was seated immediately and received the food quickly. The food, including calamari, pasta, soups, salads and sandwiches, was delicious. Thank you!Special Features:
- First time in IndyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/24/2014Everyone in the city was incredibly friendly, and Palomino staff were too. Great food. Hint: catch them on half-price-wine Wednesdays.Special Features:
- Angel9Dined on 9/24/2014I enjoyed my recent birthday lunch with my father the other day. I found the atmosphere very elegant and pleasant. Our food was very delicious, including the sinful dessert. The signature Bloody Mary coctail was very good also.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/20/2014We love Jeff the manager and he and his staff is the reason we dine thereSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- noblepersianDined on 9/19/2014Not as good as other Palomino's I've been to. Entree pricey for the relatively mediocre food.Special Features:
- Enjoyablejperk1819Dined on 9/19/2014On business for lunch, good enough to head back for dinnerSpecial Features:
- Service a little weakIndyvisitorDined on 9/17/2014Visiting Indiana for the summer, this was our one night out in Indy. After drinks and shrimp cocktail at St Elmo's, we had a 7pm reservation at Palomino's. Everything about the food was delicious. Fiancé w had smoked prime rib. It was cooked to perfection and delicious! My sea scallops were lightly coated with finely crushed almonds and asiago cheese. Absolutely wonderful although portion could have been larger! The Wed night half-priced bottle of wine was also excellent. Now the problem......our appetizer our was forgotten by our waiter and our dinner came in 10 mins....not exactly the leisurely romantic dinner we were hoping for.Special Features:
- Soup can't be beat !nelleVIPDined on 9/16/2014If you are a lover of mushrooms...Palomino's mushroom soup cannot be beat in my opinion. The rest of the food is fabulous also. Wonderful service as well.Special Features:
- Palomino - Indy downtownnewcreation26Dined on 9/15/2014Great place to eat before an event. Everyone in our party of four enjoyed the food. Our server was friendlly and attentive, yet didn't hover.Special Features:
- Server MollyMcLlocksDined on 9/12/2014Molly made it a perfect reunion for us! Smart, efficient, knowledgeable and patient. Great round table. She had to make a lot of trips. Always courteous. Great food too. Salmon foodie loved his wild caught. Nice bread dip too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun on a football weekendRichDined on 9/12/2014As reviewed above, everything was very good and the service was very friendly and attentive Nice--Special Features:
- Barbie113Dined on 9/11/2014I treated a friend to her birthday lunch there, and we were both pleased with the food, service, etc...especially the complimentary birthday dessert--tiramisu!Special Features:
- Solid Choice in Downtown IndyOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/10/2014Enjoyed Palomino for a business dinner. Food, service, and ambiance was good. Good atmosphere.
- a bit disappointing this timeEGFJVIPDined on 9/10/2014Palomino is our "go to" restaurant...we come about once/month with a small group. All agreed it just wasn't quite as good this time. Side dishes cold; broccoli overcooked to limp, water glasses never refilled in almost 2 hours. Waitress tried but perhaps was overseated....we will be back but hope this isn't going to be typical
- Great outdoorSaute4uVIPDined on 9/8/2014Great food, service, and presentation we are truly enjoying the pick two and the crab dipSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsTravelingfoodiesDined on 9/5/2014Our meals were freshly prepared and attractively presented. Service was great as well.Special Features:
- Great!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/3/2014Had a very enjoyable dining experience at Palomino - good food, outstanding service and a very pleasant atmosphere. Enjoyed it so much we went back the following evening!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/31/2014The food was very good, however, the service was odd. If you were a young couple, you received better service than 2 middle aged women. An explanation of the menu, specials and the restaurant are offered to several younger couples around us. We were greeted and asked about what we wanted to order; no explanation or offer of the specials. I find this odd as this is a moderately priced restaurant of which my sister and I can well afford, but wonder if the younger crowd can. Also, I am of the opinion that people of our age tip much better, alas, not in this case.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lack of attention to detailsDowntowndinerDined on 8/31/2014Chose this long favorit of ours for my Birthday dinner. Upon seating I realized that the booth seat had a significant wear-related tear in it which while not really a big issue for me is not what I would expect to see during a fine dinning experience. Waitress seemed busy with a number of tables so it took a bit of time but nothing to lengthy. The big disapointment was that I ordered a prime rib w/prawns special and the entire plate was delivered cold and looky rather tired. The first thing it tried was the prawn and it was very disappointing and tough to eat. Then I tried a bite fo the prime rib and it was not even a bit warm. IT was tough and chewy and clearly not what I have come to expect from Palomino's.Special Features:
- Not as good as it once wasChristinaDined on 8/30/2014Food quality was not very good. We had a large group and the service was great! Just wish the food taste better.Special Features:
- Service & FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014The food was excellent and we were seated right away. Our waitress was outstanding and even took our picture as we were celebrating our 30th wedding anniversary.Special Features:
- excellent dinner optionnearbynorthsiderDined on 8/29/2014Great restaurant with excellent location right near the downtown area. Reasonable prices and great service. I had prime rib with prawns which was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- foodieDined on 8/29/2014Great evening! Service was excellent. Everyone was friendly, attentive made our anniversary dinner special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Downtownfoodie2foodDined on 8/29/2014I finally made it to Palomino Restaurant and I had a wonderful dinner. The experience was nice. I will definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Devour Indy 2014DevourIndy2014Dined on 8/29/2014The food choice and menu was great. Always wanted to try this restaurant but never was able to until the Devour this weekend. Loved the food choice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great First DateOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/29/2014Outstanding experience! Employees were all smiles and friendly. Food was great with a expansive menu. Very romantic!! Great first date that we will always remember!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.