Palomino - Cincinnati
505 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palomino - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 5133811300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-price Bottled Wine! (any bottle priced $26 & above).
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday-Saturday 4pm-11p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Shawn Heine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Delivery, please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private space available up to 120ppl Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor Beach or Stephen Welch 5133811300x
- Entertainment: All Day Everyday Happy Hour in the Lounge
Flat Screen Tv's in Lounge
A word from Palomino - Cincinnati
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Palomino - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Palomino - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
153 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (117)special occasion (80)good for groups (56)romantic (55)great for lunch (47)fit for foodies (46)notable wine list (33)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (21)hot spot (17)great for brunch (11)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (7)Show More
- Lunch with co-workersOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/20/2014I had a lunch combo with salad and pasta, which was very good. Everyone at the table enjoyed the food, we were a party of 7. The restaurant is loud and not suited to quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014I took my girlfriend here for a special occassion and everything was just about perfect. They have just started this menu special that runs from 4-6 p.m. that offers an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert for $25 per person, which is a great deal. Staff was attentive and very polite. Would definitely reccommendSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable experienceDebbDined on 10/18/2014Service was great, food was delicious and it was a great atmosphere to catch up with old friends.Special Features:
- Nice Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I would recommend Palomino's to friends. The service was outstanding, the view was pleasant and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Too noisyCincyLindaDined on 10/18/2014It was a busy Saturday night, and incredibly noisy. Conversation became impossible. We have been there on other nights when the noise level was less of a problem, but this was downright unpleasant. I had out-of-town guests, and was embarrassed that the experience was not what I'd hoped. Service was good. My food was disappointing, but the others with me liked what they had. I'd try it again, but not on a weekend.
- Top of Fountain SquareSteadySaturdayNightDatersDined on 10/18/2014Thanks for another lovely dinner at Palomino! We were easily able to reserve a table for an early (6:30) dinner on a Saturday night (Sweetest Day), and were led to a cozy table for two overlooking Fountain Square. Our very attentive waiter first asked if we wanted to dine leisurely or if we had an event to get to. Since we had tickets for the Pops at 8pm, our waiter kept everything moving, but not hurried. We had the cream of mushroom soup that makes me go yummmmm. I had the excellent scallops, my husband had the creamy risotto. The house wines we ordered were delicious. Can you tell I love this place? I'm looking forward to coming to one of their murder mystery nights.Special Features:
- Underwhelming, worth another shotsliceoflifeDined on 10/11/2014I guess my expectations were a little high after hearing great reviews of this restaurant. My reservation request included a window seat and any birthday arrangements offered. We were seated far away from the window and noticed other tables with balloons, but not ours. Our forgotten appetizer arrived with our entrees (which arrived almost too quickly...), but the manager was attentive and immediately offered to cover it. The steakhouse salad was cold, the mushroom pizza was below average, but the pasta (difficult to mess that up) was great. The dessert was delicious - pear bread pudding a complimentary creme brulee for the birthday girl. Our server and staff were very friendly, but the misfires made for an underwhelming birthday experience.Special Features:
- Great excludibg missing reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The overall dining experience was wonderful. My only complaint would be that they did not seem to have my reservation made through OpenTable. However, this was not a problem because they still seated us promptly without any issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pony up to the tablenojaggededgeshereVIPDined on 10/5/2014When we eat at Palomino's, we expect excellent service and outstanding food and drink. The restaurant never disappoints. Our entrees were delicious. This is one of our favorite spots and we recommend it to all of our friends and acquaintances.Special Features:
- Perfect Before Broadway ShowsbonjoviDined on 10/3/2014Very convenient location just west of Fountain Square. If you are there before a Broadway play at the Aronoff Center, the staff is very conscious about having your meal served and getting you out tyhe door in time for the show. Food was great and there is enough selection for you to visit quite a few times without needing to get the same thing. Great way to start our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, miss the tablecloths!BillVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food is great. The view over fountain square is fun, but why did you downgrade from tablecloth covered tables to just the plan fake wood fixtures? Bring back some class!Special Features:
- Great location good food & serviceEbbiesVIPDined on 10/3/2014Palominos is Located in the heart of downtown overlooking Fountain square with convenient parking. Close to all of the key venues, offering a wonderful pre theatre dinner. The food and service were an especially a good value. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchwenz2020Dined on 10/2/2014Took a new hire candidate here for lunch interview. Was great atmosphere to do conduct a casual interview. Service was just right, not too much interruption.Special Features:
- homebodyDined on 10/1/2014Always delicious and waiters are gracious, friendly and considerateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ServiceBillDined on 9/30/2014Service was excellent, food was great, ambience was just right.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceGalaxsiDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food, great service. Large group and everything was perfect. Our server was great and had wonderful recommendations. Excellent menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer and Angie were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Good food, Spencer and Angie did a very nice job. Only complaint would be we felt secondary to the large wedding party present. Will ask prior to making future reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server and Kitchen out of syncEatoutfunVIPDined on 9/25/2014Was not a busy Thursday night but kitchen and server were not working together. Let me start saying my wife's pork chop was excellent. My meal was disappointing with the appetizer and salad arriving together after server specifically asked how I wanted it. Not sure why she asked. Then my salmon entrée was the wrong one. It got corrected and was very good but my wife had already finished dinner. I forgot to mention we were seated at the smallest table which would have been ok if they were busy but they weren't and the sun was in our eyes. Ugh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!tennisDined on 9/24/2014Four of us went before theatre and our food was great. The night we were there it was Wine Down Wednesday. Also, pick two meals for $25. We took advantage of both specials. Our food was great. The view of Fountain Square was fantastic. It was just a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go Before a Show!broadwaybabeDined on 9/24/2014We dined at Palomino before going to see Dirty Dancing at the Aronoff. They had a special menu for two that was $25 per person and included one appetizer and one dessert to share, two salads and two entrees. It was a great value and the food was wonderful. Our waitress was very attentive and kept our water glasses full all evening. We had a table for two in the corner overlooking Fountain Square. It was fun watching all the people milling about. We arrived at 5:30 and had plenty of time to get to our seats before the show. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service for groupstevedDined on 9/23/2014I brought 8 bank VPs from around the Midwest for a Tuesday evening meal and we were all very pleased. It was relatively quiet and service and food were excellent. I was offered a choice of tables--when does that ever happen--and got a round table for 9. It was perfect for group conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NorsemenDined on 9/17/2014Great atmoshere, view and food. Can't go wrong choosing Palomino!Special Features:
- Really Impressed!MeganDined on 9/15/2014This place offers a really nice view of Fountain Square, specially at night. If you let them know you're celebrating something special they will surprise you :) The staff was really friendly, fast service, the food was really great! i recommend the risotto with asparagus and shrimp. For drinks I tried the blueberry smash and loved it. You will leave stuffed! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Thomasjmm1Dined on 9/13/2014The lady who greeted us stated our server was Thomas and "he is awesome." Thomas truly was awesome: he was knowledgeable regarding the menu, and assisted with available options; he shared his history of various restaurants and personalities from the past. Nice place with good food, but Thomas will make us look forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 9/5/2014Great time eating a fine dinner at the bar. Great service and entertainment fro Nicki and Stacy. Very nice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palomino was "ok"GwenVIPDined on 9/3/2014I thought the menu was unimaginative. I asked the waiter to add olive oil, garlic and cherry tomatoes to my pasta to give it more flavor. My request was granted. My meal, as a result, was delicious. I should not have had to doctor my dish in order to enjoy it. The ambiance was nice. My server was professional and attentive. Wouldn't necessarily visit again.Special Features:
- Nice dinner2hodgeDined on 8/30/2014Met friends for Saturday evening dinner. 3 of 4 had not eaten there before. Thought bit overpriced for our dinners. Husband got bolonese which had little meat in it. Mostly a bowl of noodles with a little sauce. He said it was good though. I ordered an ahi tuna dish that had a very good flavor. Our friends both ordered a different tilapia dish and liked theirs. Drinks were good but husband would have liked more craft beer choices. Wasn't crowded so we could sit at the bar after dinner and talk.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Find!FoodieGirlDined on 8/26/2014Simply put, Palomino went above and beyond my expectations. The dining area is fun and spacious with a very courteous and helpful staff. The food was to die for - especially the scallop dish recommended by our waitress Bridgett! She was a real delight and had menu knowledge unsurpassed by most in this business. Definitely ask for her on your visit - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014I have eaten here three times. Each time everything is perfectly done. One of the jewels of the Queen city.Special Features:
- enjoyed our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014had requested a window table....did not get one. I wondered if they saw my request in the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for lunchNannyDined on 8/18/2014Then met up with some friends and had a great lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 29 anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014First time here. Had a wonderful time. Waiter and food were fantastic. Look forward to coming back soon and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Overall- had an excellent experience at Palomino for Cincy Restaurant week 2014. Food was great, as well as service...and they seated us right on time for our Saturday night dinner reservation.Special Features:
- Great service!ychocolateDined on 8/16/2014I waited too long to write this review, so I forgot the name of the server, but along with the delicious food, we had fabulous service. We felt like any of our needs would be accommodated. Thanks for such a great experience.Special Features:
- We loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have a new favorite Italian restaurant! We had the chicken parmesan and sea scallops - both were awesome. Tiramisu is a must have as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoDowntown a hitMaineladyDined on 8/16/2014Great early dinner at Palomino before a Bengals' game. The three course special for Downtown Restaurant week had great choices and each course was very good. Really enjoyed the scallops, and their (chocolate) tiramisu is the best i've had.Special Features:
- foodthatmakessenseDined on 8/15/2014Will be back for happy hour specials. Really enjoyed the basil martini. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJasonDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I enjoyed our experience at Palomino. It was our first time there. The food was very good and we had a nice window seat overlooking Fountain Square. Our waitress was not very attentive. But, overall our experience was good.Special Features:
- Used to be the bestSteveDined on 8/15/2014I remember in the past this was always one of our favorite restaurants. I dont believe they have lowered their standards I just thing the newer restaurants in the city have surpassed them and I hate to see it. They just need to step up their game.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMaodeDined on 8/15/2014Our children treated us to a night out for our anniversary. We happened to be at Palomino for restaurant week and were able to enjoy the 3 course meal offered. Our food was delicious and our server TO was delightful and attentive. We had a table overlooking Fountain Square and overall had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.