Palomino - Cincinnati
505 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palomino - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: (513) 381-1300
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-price Bottled Wine! (any bottle priced $26 & above).
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday-Saturday 4pm-11p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Shawn Heine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Delivery, please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private space available up to 120ppl Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor Beach or Stephen Welch 5133811300x
- Entertainment: All Day Everyday Happy Hour in the Lounge
Flat Screen Tv's in Lounge
A word from Palomino - Cincinnati
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Palomino - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Palomino - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
182 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (129)special occasion (98)good for groups (74)fit for foodies (65)romantic (65)great for lunch (54)notable wine list (38)vibrant bar scene (28)neighborhood gem (27)hot spot (23)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (15)late-night find (10)Show More
- Excellent, AgainDowntownDinerDined on 11/22/2014My wife and I have dined at Palomono several times, already. We've always had great food, service and drinks. While everything is wonderful, the prices tend to be on the more reasonable side, compared to similar restaurants downtown. I would recommend Palomino to anyone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Nice Place, BUT. ...Peppered1Dined on 11/22/2014We had early dinner reservations on Saturday night. Seated promptly, service was terrific. Ordered from the early seating menu. Most of our food (appetizer, salad,dessert ) were very good. For some reason the main course (pork, potato and asparagus ) were buried in black pepper. It wasn't particularly good. Nice place, disappointed with dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good dinner for two, in a nice settingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/21/2014We liked our meal at Palomino. The food was good not great. The cocktails were excellent though, the Lavender Cosmo was amazing. The view of the 5/3 Back square was really pretty, especially with the ice skating rink set up there in the winter.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SimplySandyDined on 11/20/2014My friend and I had such a nice dinner at Palomino the other night. Our server Angie was wonderful. She was attentive, accomodating and sweet. She knew we were going to the show and she had all our courses come out in a timely manner, but without feeling rushed. We had a window table overlooking Fountain Square which made for a beautiful setting. Just a nice evening. I highly recommend Lavender Cosmo - yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great view of Fountain SquareFoodEnthusiastDined on 11/11/2014The seasonal menu has great offerings for appetizers, meals and dessert. The salmon burger was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A top choice downtownBusinessDinerDined on 11/11/2014Excellent spot for business lunches. Great location, food choices to suit every guest, consistently good quality, and knowledgeable staff who are courtious and efficient. Looking g forward to my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/8/2014We enjoy Palomino, normally. Last night we waited 15 minutes for our drinks to come. We saw our server, but he did not come by our table at all. We left before the drinks arrived.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday Visit in NovemberOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/8/2014Great food - especially the crab-crusted tilapia and the bread pudding for dessert - and great wine. My only complaints were that the noise level was quiet high, making private conversation tough, and the room was dimly lit, making the menu hard to read (I know, I know... 30 going on 65...).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentDined on 11/8/2014Even better than the service was the food, everything was outstanding. Absoultely perfect for a date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown diningsherripDined on 11/8/2014Our group of 10 wanted to dine downtown before an event. We arrived a few minutes before our reservation and were able to be seated right away. We told our waitress that we had time constraints and she did everything possible to assist us. She was very attentive. The food and drinks were excellent. There was something appealing for every member of our group. I would definitely recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time visiting with my childkbirdcarrDined on 11/7/2014I've love Palomino for years, but this was the first time taking my 8-year-old. We had a night out planned for a mom/daughter time. We were heading to the ballet, and I wanted to take her someplace to feel fancy but that would have food she'd like. Palomino was so great. The child's menu was grown up enough but still fun amenities (like an ice cream sundae as part of the deal!). She and I had such a lovely time, and she loved it. Great view, great food, as always. Our server was excellent. And the Malbec wine was delicious. I can't say enough about our great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 11/6/2014Pretty good and not too expensive but I wouldn't make a special trip to eat there.
- Palomino - CincinnatiOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/1/2014I have always enjoyed business lunches at Palamino so I thought I would try for dinner. Food was good+ for sure but the atmosphere was not. We were stuck at a table in the very back corner of the restaurant. And, although we had windows, it felt isolated and blah. The amazing bold artwork has been replaced by very low impact pieces and the table was very bare. We were celebrating a birthday and it was lost in the atmosphere.Special Features:
- A Disappointing EveningArtPDined on 11/1/2014We've dined at Palomino several times before, but will likely sever this restaurant from our list of downtown Cincinnati establishments as a result of our recent experience. The menu variety was limited, the food quality poorly presented and of mediocre quality, and our server was a bit uninformed albeit pleasant enough. It appears that this Palomino location has lost its gallop.Special Features:
- Ladies LuncheonRochelleVIPDined on 11/1/2014We have a luncheon at Palomino's prior to going to Disney on Ice. Atmosphere and service was great. Also had some vegetarian offerings as well. :-)Special Features:
- Poor experienceluv2dineincincyDined on 10/29/2014The food was awful; the wine selection was poor! Very disappointing!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/29/2014Frequently visit Palomino for business lunch meetings. Nice view of Fountain Square. Service is generally good, sometimes just fair, but on this visit service was outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Servicecarpdiem1Dined on 10/25/2014This was an after the show birthday dinner for my grand daughter. The staff was attentive, repeatedly wishing her a happy birthday, and food was very good.Special Features:
- Fabulous Service,Great Food,CrowdedBrenda9200Dined on 10/25/2014Best service I have had in a while, by far. The waitress was just the best. Food was to die for. My only minor complaint, felt a little crowded. Seemed like they had try to add a few more tables than before into a tight space.Special Features:
- Great lunchOliverCinciVIPDined on 10/24/2014Went for a very late lunch and had a great experience. Had the soup of the day (beef-barley) it was great. Also had the blue cheese dies from the bar menu and the Palomino burger. This is a great twist on a burger, with chorizo and chambozila cheese, loved it! Great eating spot in downtown Cincinnati with a awesome view of Fountain Share.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- This is "our place"OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/23/2014My wife and I have made Palomino THE place to go for special occasions. Our first date was here, we got engaged here and we came here for a meal on our first day as a married couple and we have never had a bad experience. The service staff is always well versed in the ins and outs of the menu and, have never failed to make solid recommendations that my wife and I love. The location of the Palomino is fantastic, overlooking Fountain Square, and, while this is like a large place, I have always felt like I've had my own little space, even when I've come with large groups. I highly recommend the Palomino for a nice relaxing romantic night on the town.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch with co-workersLunchDinerDined on 10/20/2014I had a lunch combo with salad and pasta, which was very good. Everyone at the table enjoyed the food, we were a party of 7. The restaurant is loud and not suited to quiet conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceJimmyDined on 10/19/2014I took my girlfriend here for a special occassion and everything was just about perfect. They have just started this menu special that runs from 4-6 p.m. that offers an appetizer, salad, entree, and dessert for $25 per person, which is a great deal. Staff was attentive and very polite. Would definitely reccommendSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable experienceDebbDined on 10/18/2014Service was great, food was delicious and it was a great atmosphere to catch up with old friends.Special Features:
- Nice Night OutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/18/2014I would recommend Palomino's to friends. The service was outstanding, the view was pleasant and the food was very good.Special Features:
- Too noisyCincyLindaDined on 10/18/2014It was a busy Saturday night, and incredibly noisy. Conversation became impossible. We have been there on other nights when the noise level was less of a problem, but this was downright unpleasant. I had out-of-town guests, and was embarrassed that the experience was not what I'd hoped. Service was good. My food was disappointing, but the others with me liked what they had. I'd try it again, but not on a weekend.
- Top of Fountain SquareSteadySaturdayNightDatersDined on 10/18/2014Thanks for another lovely dinner at Palomino! We were easily able to reserve a table for an early (6:30) dinner on a Saturday night (Sweetest Day), and were led to a cozy table for two overlooking Fountain Square. Our very attentive waiter first asked if we wanted to dine leisurely or if we had an event to get to. Since we had tickets for the Pops at 8pm, our waiter kept everything moving, but not hurried. We had the cream of mushroom soup that makes me go yummmmm. I had the excellent scallops, my husband had the creamy risotto. The house wines we ordered were delicious. Can you tell I love this place? I'm looking forward to coming to one of their murder mystery nights.Special Features:
- Underwhelming, worth another shotsliceoflifeDined on 10/11/2014I guess my expectations were a little high after hearing great reviews of this restaurant. My reservation request included a window seat and any birthday arrangements offered. We were seated far away from the window and noticed other tables with balloons, but not ours. Our forgotten appetizer arrived with our entrees (which arrived almost too quickly...), but the manager was attentive and immediately offered to cover it. The steakhouse salad was cold, the mushroom pizza was below average, but the pasta (difficult to mess that up) was great. The dessert was delicious - pear bread pudding a complimentary creme brulee for the birthday girl. Our server and staff were very friendly, but the misfires made for an underwhelming birthday experience.Special Features:
- Great excludibg missing reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The overall dining experience was wonderful. My only complaint would be that they did not seem to have my reservation made through OpenTable. However, this was not a problem because they still seated us promptly without any issue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pony up to the tablenojaggededgeshereVIPDined on 10/5/2014When we eat at Palomino's, we expect excellent service and outstanding food and drink. The restaurant never disappoints. Our entrees were delicious. This is one of our favorite spots and we recommend it to all of our friends and acquaintances.Special Features:
- Perfect Before Broadway ShowsbonjoviDined on 10/3/2014Very convenient location just west of Fountain Square. If you are there before a Broadway play at the Aronoff Center, the staff is very conscious about having your meal served and getting you out tyhe door in time for the show. Food was great and there is enough selection for you to visit quite a few times without needing to get the same thing. Great way to start our evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, miss the tablecloths!BillVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food is great. The view over fountain square is fun, but why did you downgrade from tablecloth covered tables to just the plan fake wood fixtures? Bring back some class!Special Features:
- Great location good food & serviceEbbiesVIPDined on 10/3/2014Palominos is Located in the heart of downtown overlooking Fountain square with convenient parking. Close to all of the key venues, offering a wonderful pre theatre dinner. The food and service were an especially a good value. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunchwenz2020Dined on 10/2/2014Took a new hire candidate here for lunch interview. Was great atmosphere to do conduct a casual interview. Service was just right, not too much interruption.Special Features:
- homebodyDined on 10/1/2014Always delicious and waiters are gracious, friendly and considerateSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top ServiceBillDined on 9/30/2014Service was excellent, food was great, ambience was just right.Special Features:
- Amazing serviceGalaxsiDined on 9/28/2014Amazing food, great service. Large group and everything was perfect. Our server was great and had wonderful recommendations. Excellent menu selection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spencer and Angie were greatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/26/2014Good food, Spencer and Angie did a very nice job. Only complaint would be we felt secondary to the large wedding party present. Will ask prior to making future reservations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Server and Kitchen out of syncEatoutfunVIPDined on 9/25/2014Was not a busy Thursday night but kitchen and server were not working together. Let me start saying my wife's pork chop was excellent. My meal was disappointing with the appetizer and salad arriving together after server specifically asked how I wanted it. Not sure why she asked. Then my salmon entrée was the wrong one. It got corrected and was very good but my wife had already finished dinner. I forgot to mention we were seated at the smallest table which would have been ok if they were busy but they weren't and the sun was in our eyes. Ugh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!!tennisDined on 9/24/2014Four of us went before theatre and our food was great. The night we were there it was Wine Down Wednesday. Also, pick two meals for $25. We took advantage of both specials. Our food was great. The view of Fountain Square was fantastic. It was just a fun experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.