Palomino - Cincinnati
505 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palomino - Cincinnati
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://palomino.com/page/home
- Phone: 5133811300x
- Hours of Operation:
WEDNESDAYS ALL DAY: Half-price Bottled Wine! (any bottle priced $26 & above).
Lunch: Monday-Saturday 11am-4pm
Dinner: Sunday-Thursday 4pm-10pm, Friday-Saturday 4pm-11p
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: European, American, Mediterranean
- Executive Chef: Shawn Heine
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Now Offering Delivery, please call for details.
- Private Party Facilities: Semi-private space available up to 120ppl Please call for details.
- Private Party Contact: Taylor Beach or Stephen Welch 5133811300x
- Entertainment: All Day Everyday Happy Hour in the Lounge
Flat Screen Tv's in Lounge
A word from Palomino - Cincinnati
Palomino is a vibrant restaurant, bar and rotisserie famous for its style, hardwood fired Mediterranean cooking and versatile, imaginative menu. Guests appreciate Palomino’s gracious hospitality and talented staff for their unsurpassed enthusiasm, friendliness and skill. Palomino offers an experience that makes guests feel great at a pleasing value.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerScenic View
Palomino - Cincinnati - Best Restaurants in Cincinnati ›
Palomino - Cincinnati reviews from OpenTable diners
177 reviews since April 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (136)special occasion (87)romantic (59)good for groups (46)fit for foodies (45)great for lunch (43)notable wine list (29)neighborhood gem (27)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (18)great for brunch (16)kid-friendly (10)late-night find (8)Show More
- Fantastic Find!FoodieGirlDined on 8/26/2014Simply put, Palomino went above and beyond my expectations. The dining area is fun and spacious with a very courteous and helpful staff. The food was to die for - especially the scallop dish recommended by our waitress Bridgett! She was a real delight and had menu knowledge unsurpassed by most in this business. Definitely ask for her on your visit - you won't be disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A JewelOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/26/2014I have eaten here three times. Each time everything is perfectly done. One of the jewels of the Queen city.Special Features:
- enjoyed our visitOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/19/2014had requested a window table....did not get one. I wondered if they saw my request in the reservation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- went for lunchNannyDined on 8/18/2014Then met up with some friends and had a great lunchSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Happy 29 anniversary.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/17/2014First time here. Had a wonderful time. Waiter and food were fantastic. Look forward to coming back soon and bring friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant WeekOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/16/2014Overall- had an excellent experience at Palomino for Cincy Restaurant week 2014. Food was great, as well as service...and they seated us right on time for our Saturday night dinner reservation.Special Features:
- We loved it!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/16/2014We have a new favorite Italian restaurant! We had the chicken parmesan and sea scallops - both were awesome. Tiramisu is a must have as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DoDowntown a hitMaineladyDined on 8/16/2014Great early dinner at Palomino before a Bengals' game. The three course special for Downtown Restaurant week had great choices and each course was very good. Really enjoyed the scallops, and their (chocolate) tiramisu is the best i've had.Special Features:
- foodthatmakessenseDined on 8/15/2014Will be back for happy hour specials. Really enjoyed the basil martini. All the staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekJasonDined on 8/15/2014My wife and I enjoyed our experience at Palomino. It was our first time there. The food was very good and we had a nice window seat overlooking Fountain Square. Our waitress was not very attentive. But, overall our experience was good.Special Features:
- Used to be the bestSteveDined on 8/15/2014I remember in the past this was always one of our favorite restaurants. I dont believe they have lowered their standards I just thing the newer restaurants in the city have surpassed them and I hate to see it. They just need to step up their game.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerMaodeDined on 8/15/2014Our children treated us to a night out for our anniversary. We happened to be at Palomino for restaurant week and were able to enjoy the 3 course meal offered. Our food was delicious and our server TO was delightful and attentive. We had a table overlooking Fountain Square and overall had a wonderful time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Initial serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/14/2014It has been offered bread with a nice tomato sauce ...but the bread was cold. This is the first thing that I expect from a good reasturant . However we asked for warm bread and it was quickly served.Special Features:
- Great value during Restaurant Week.JanmorDined on 8/13/2014Server was so friendly and attentive; food was prepared very well. One drawback was the loud noise level.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great deal for restaurant weekDojiboDined on 8/11/2014As one of the more reasonably priced places participating in restaurant week, Palomino gave extra value in including a glass of house wine. They also offered many more entree selections than just the 3 advertised. We enjoyed all of our selections as well as the view of Fountain Square. It was nice to go a bit early before it got too busy, so it was fairly quiet and we didn't feel like we had to rush, since there were tables available for those arriving while we were there.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- augieDined on 8/9/2014We went to celebrate our 32 wedding anniversary. The food was great and the atmosphere was as well. We stopped in the bar first for a drink and the bartender was fantastic. Everyone there was very friendly and helpful. The only complaint I had was it was hot, do to the air not working. nI know this is out of your control, but that's is the only thing that wasn't up to par. Thanks everyone for a great evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ArtieDined on 8/9/2014It was a great evening. We had a party of five and everyone enjoyed themselves.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night at PalominoYeatathomeDined on 8/7/2014Went to Palomino prior to attending a concert. Requested a table overlooking Fountain Square and Palomino delivered. We had a great table right against the window. The food was terrific. My wife and I decided to do a selection of small plates to taste as much as possible and they didn't disappoint. All of the food was excellent, service was excellent and the wine prices very reasonable. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Service even when busyLuvtodineoutVIPDined on 8/7/20146 of us dined at Palominos when a large convention was in town. Although it was extremely busy our service was very good. The server recommended the seafood salad-and it was delicious. The salad had shrimp, crap, avocado, and blanched asparagus with a nicely paired dressing. The view of Fountain Square is lovely.Special Features:
- Great Food, Great ViewKiKiDined on 8/6/2014Excellent Dinner at Palominos for Wine Down Wednesdays. The Salmon and Creamed Spinach was quite flavorful. Love the wine. The view of Fountain Square made the ambience very inviting after a tough day at the office. Very relaxing. Will definitely have dinner here again soon.Special Features:
- Nice experienceCapelivinDined on 8/5/2014Nice experience in downtown Cincy. All food was good but the Lavender Cosmo was fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great 30th anniversary dinnerspecialmealsDined on 8/4/2014My wife and I enjoyed our 30th anniversary dinner. The staff went out of their way to make it special and the meal was wonderful. We had a great view of fountain square.Special Features:
- Nanabear1946Dined on 8/3/2014Went there for my birthday. The food was excellent - my husband had the seafood paella and I had the seafood pasta. Both dishes were delicious. For an appetizer we had the crab cakes - lots of crab - hot and delicious. Everyone was very attentive to our needs and it was also nice to be able to watch the activities at Fountain Square. One of our favorite downtown places to eat. Would definitely recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wouldn't return but great serviceBachelorettefunDined on 8/2/2014I came in with a bachelorette party of 12 girls. When calling I confirmed that there was an all day, everyday happy hour- as noted on their menu online. They verified this so I made the reservation. Upon arriving, we found out that the happy hour only applied to the lounge, not where we had been seated. Prices for the exact same thing in the restaurant are double, if not triple, than prices in the lounge. We rolled with the punches nonetheless and opted to stay where we were. Afterall, we were celebrating a special occasion. I ordered the paella. Half the mussels and oysters were closed and unable to be eaten. So that was a waste. We were given a creme brûlée to split amongst us all which was nice. We moved to the lounge for a drink after.Special Features:
- lindaVIPDined on 7/29/2014Great meal with my daughter at the bar. Great staff, especially Nikki, who really was attentive and friendly. Fast service!Special Features:
- Great Place!HappyDined on 7/29/2014We were here to celebrate our 50th anniversary before going to a concert at the arena. Our waiter was great, friendly, helpful and fun to talk to. The food was great and service was timely. It made our whole experience very enjoyable.Special Features:
- Business LunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/23/2014Great place for a business lunch. Ofthen meet clients or associates there. Convenient downtown location.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/21/2014Always fresh, attentive service and convenient location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ReviewBuddDined on 7/20/2014Restaurant is on the second floor with one wall all windows. Good view of the adjoining square and fountain. We were there during happy hour and they offer some good values. We split an artichoke & cheese appetizer and an order of paella. Both were very tasty. Waitress was very friendly and helpful as we were visitors to the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014This was the first time to visit the Palomino and it will on or Top 5 places to eat in Cincinnati when in town....Our waitress was Awesome, food was amazing.Special Features:
- Not goodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I was very disappointed with the service and the food quality. My boyfriend got a Ribeye and it was nothing but fat. I realize tat ribeye have a good amount of fat, but the amount of fat was absurd. He could not have a single GOOD bite of meat. Our waiter never came over to ask how our meal was, so when he finally came over to refill our waters, my boyfriend told him about his meal. He proceeded to say that ribeye are meant to be like that and walked away from us. Terrible service.Special Features:
- so good!anoliDined on 7/18/2014We went here on a Friday. Not as busy as I thought it would be. Had the steak salad it was amazing!! Great serviceSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business LunchLuv2dineVIPDined on 7/18/2014I always enjoy the food at this restaurant. The view of Fountain Square is great, too. The service this time was mediocre; once served our food, the server didn't come back until she brought the check. I would have liked coffee after the meal, had she bothered to ask. The other issue I've always had with Palomino's is that there are too many tables packed too tightly together. The server waiting on the large table next to us kept running into my chair.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lindaVIPDined on 7/12/2014Very nice meal with great servers and good food. Aliya was an excellent server, very friendly and did a great job making our experience special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice view, mediocre foodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/12/2014While the view from Palomino is nice and the service was very good (waiter was very attentive), the food was only okay. My dining partner had a pasta dish with a pesto sauce that was particularly bland. I had the fish and frites. The frites were tasty but the fish was over fried. It tasted like a frozen fish patty that had been deep fried. Given that there are so many options in OTR, I'd recommend visiting there first. If you want a neat view of the city and a quick drink, stop into Palomino. If you want some interesting and tasty food, go somewhere else.Special Features:
- Food Needs ImprovementReds2BengalsVIPDined on 7/10/2014The atmosphere and service at Palomino were very good. We had a table for 4 overlooking Fountain Square. However, the pork was tough, the polenta was awful, and the creamed spinach had way too much cream. The salmon was cooked perfectly and the roasted potatoes were very good. So, overall food rating was good but should have been much better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A special placeMimiDined on 7/10/2014Our latest trip to the opera began with a great meal at Palomino's- as usual, the service was perfect, the ambiance so enjoyable, and the food- yum! The bartender's delicious white sangria went so well with my Seafood Louis salad, and the other members of my party were equally happy with their pasta and salad dishes. Thanks for the excellent meal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavidVIPDined on 7/5/2014Late dinner. Restaurant near empty. Experience was average. Remember this restaurant to be one of the nicest when we went in Indy.Special Features:
- Slow serviceDisappointedDined on 7/5/2014While our food was excellent, the service was extremely slow. By the time our food arrived, I wasn't even hungry anymore. One hour after being seated, our waiter came out and told us that our pizza was burnt and he had requested another. While I applaud the quality control, we were left with no food and we felt we had been forgotten. With that being said, I highly recommend their brick oven pizza.Special Features:
- Great all aroundvisitingcincy11Dined on 7/3/2014It has been a few years since I had dinner there. The menu had wonderful options for all types of palates. The wine list was good. Truly enjoyed our meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.