15 Harbor Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palomagrill.com/
- Phone: (203) 998-7500
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Paloma
Paloma, by Chef Aarón Sánchez, is a lively, Latin-inspired grill featuring a range of offerings, from whole roasted meats from the restaurant's wood grill to an extensive raw bar, ceviche, grilled seafood, and a variety of shareable plates. Paloma also offers a wide range of classic and contemporary cocktails that represent a wide selection of handcrafted spirits from Central and South America, including tequila, mezcal, pisco, cachaca, and rum. The restaurant features both indoor and outdoor seating, along with a private dining room and bar dining options for larger parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Paloma - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Paloma reviews from OpenTable diners
214 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (129)scenic view (123)hot spot (113)fit for foodies (109)vibrant bar scene (81)good for groups (74)neighborhood gem (59)special occasion (54)romantic (35)notable wine list (26)late-night find (25)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (10)Show More
- I would give it a 9 out of 10.SwidyVIPDined on 11/22/2014The seafood tower tapas was extraordinary. The lamb shank and pork cheeks outstanding. The prawns were so-so. The service was good, drinks were good. The place was hopping!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and menu -bit noisyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/20/2014Menu was excellent, service was decent . It was a cold night and the restaurant was cold. Overall good time and great menu...but feet were cold!I would recommend this to a friend.
- A very disappointing experiencenotyumDined on 11/15/2014The 'bar/waiting area' spilled into the dining room so those at the bar were hovering over and around the seated diners. The two warm starters were both cold- the empanadas were dried out. The fritters were okay with the sauce but not worth ordering. However, the boneless short ribs ( suggested by the waiter) were very very good ( Yay). Too bad the waiter kept bumping into my chair as he rushed by. I lost count after the third time. The waiter said to us after the dinner ' do you want dessert...you don't want any do you?' He never told us what was for dessert. Basically he wanted us out so he could fill the table with the overbooked patrons waiting for a seat. Frankly, at that point we wanted to leave as the noise level was at a fever pitch so conversation with our friends was near impossible.
- Great new spotJimRVIPDined on 11/8/2014Location, location, location. And more. Creative spanish/american cuisine, good cocktails and a solid wine list made Paloma a lot better than just a beautiful view. Service was very good and the decor and setting is beautiful. It's also close to home so we'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First TimeCarolDined on 11/7/2014Terrific food, great space, loved the cocktail list, will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Work in progress.Tech1949Dined on 11/6/2014Food quality very good; presentation could have been better. Seems that entrees were just thrown onto plates. Wine selection nice and prices by the glass reasonable. Waiter good but cleared one appetizer plate before other diner finished and attempted to do the same with entrée. Fire alarm went off in the middle of our meal and continued for at least five minutes; waiter explained a fan in the kitchen had stopped; no adjustment to bill offered. No valet parking (necessary); limited street parking; garage not appealing at night in context of current neighborhood atmosphere.Special Features:
- Packed!NickDined on 11/1/2014Went there with a friend the evening that Paloma had been featured on the Today Show. So .. It. Was. Packed. So delicious. Was also Halloween weekend -- waitstaff had faces painted. Day of the Dead. Fun atmosphere, food was delicious. Very loud so probably not good for older people. Looks like the doors/walls can be opened in the summertime. Right on the water so great view.Special Features:
- Great foo and waiter - butJayyVIPDined on 11/1/2014The food was great and the waiter also. Very good knowledge and had attention. Only "problem" that it seems that Paloma needs more waiters, especially when the restaurant is full. Waiting time increase and the number of guests did too.
- Not what expectedloukVIPDined on 10/31/2014Given that this place belongs to Aaron Sanchez, we expected more from Paloma. The menu is great but the execution was not. The drinks tasted like from a cheap bar and not a restaurant quality. It's over priced for the quality of food.Special Features:
- Too noisy for usmill37woodDined on 10/30/2014Paloma is a beautiful restaurant but the food was so-so. I didn't feel that I was getting any of the Latino flavors that I was loooking for. We had tapas and perhaps ordered incorrectly but the manager did make suggestions and we followed some of his advise. I never saw a drink or wine list as it wasn't included in the menu clip board that customers are given as they enter the restaurant. The lava cake was cold and when it was sent back it still didn't have the warmth and flow it should have had. The food wasn't bad, just uninteresting. The noise level was painful.Special Features:
- Not what we were hoping forRJKCATDined on 10/29/2014We were excited to try this restaurant which is why we were so disappointed. We're foodies, so that might be the issue. Guacamole with Mexican oregano? (Or something that tasted like it.) Chipotle "salsa" with not a hint of chipotle? Hard, tasteless chips? And that was just the appetizer. One in our party had to send the braised ribs back because they were so salty they were inedible. The other in our party had the chicken which was exceptionally dry. I had the salmon which was cooked fine, but the potatoes upon which the salmon sat were cold. I didn't want to seem like a real pain the in the neck table, so I let it go. We didn't have dessert because we didn't want to chance more disappointment. We're hoping it gets better in the future.
- Lots of hype, disappointingbamcrakerDined on 10/25/2014Loud, loud, loud. Service was supercilious, main course came out while we were still having our appetizers and it was put on the table anyway. Food sounded great on the menu, but not so much when it was served. Very expensive - save your money and go somewhere else!
- Highly RecommendedAlenaDined on 10/24/2014I highly recommend Paloma to anyone in search of a delicious and original food experience. The ambiance was modern. The service was perfect. The food was unbelievably good. They have an impressive wine list. The four of us greatly enjoyed our evening at Paloma.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun PlaceChrisDined on 10/24/2014Although I'm not dying to go back, we had some great food. The cactus fritters were our favorite. In all, the place was pretty good, but just felt not quite all put together yet.Special Features:
- Expected BetterMikeyVIPDined on 10/21/2014The evening started off with just trying to find the place. The GPS isn't updated for the new construction so 15 minutes late. We had high expectations considering that the chief was on Chopped. (Food Channel TV Show) The food was latin based (as expected) and had some various tastes that were interesting, but nothing that really stood out. I had a side dish of Tamarind Chicken with Rice which was pretty good and my wife had the Bisque which was good as well. One of the desserts was a complete disaster, it was Pineapple Tart. what came was some pineapple pieces interspersed with fried tostada slices. It was a total waste. All in all this was a mediocre dinner and did not meet our expectations... We probably will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I really liked Paloma. We had a good time and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLuvPalomasDined on 10/11/2014The menu is really unique and there is nothing like it that I've seen. We had 3 of the share plates and they were all wonderful. The entrees were outstanding. The braised short ribs were the best I've ever had. Great atmosphere, very upbeat with a lot of energy and great views of the water. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I crave a Paloma! Make it two!RosieDined on 10/11/2014The food and and drink menu were fantastic. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and with just a touch of the unexpected. Our waitress Laurie was very attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementRosaDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful location. Wonderful ambience. Stunning kitchen space. Service needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, food OKWilliamsDUDined on 10/10/2014Short ribs were incredibly salty; I thought restaurant ambience would be a bit more high end. Too loud to converse, had to yell. Wine list minimum.Special Features:
- So good!Lb366VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food is fun and fresh I recommend sharing everything so you can try it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food didn't cut itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We ordered two small plates and two entrees. Nothing said "I gotta have that again". Steak was ordered rare, came out medium well. I could have done better at home. I expected so much more from such a "famous" chef.Special Features:
- Eh..JustBDined on 10/4/2014My entree was very tasty. I had the braised short ribs which was tender & a side of chicken fried rice & adobo fries.. All which my husband & I shared. Not so positive these items meshed well together but aside from the beef, they were just okay. There was nothing special about the fries or the rice for that matter. I think the most problematic issue for my party was figuring out what was what as the details of the menu seemed so complicated. We were just hungry, we didn't want to spend so much time decoding things & depending on our waiter to explain. Our waiter was great, btw. Very friendly & attentive. Scott, I believe was his name. The mojitos weren't very good. The ceviche was ok but not traditional. Chips and dips were cool. Eh..Special Features:
- An all-around winnerDex22VIPDined on 10/3/2014We've been there three times for dinner. The kitchen has worked out all the typical new restaurant kinks and is humming, and is putting out consistently tasty food. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is fun. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLoves2EatVIPDined on 10/3/2014The food was nothing special. It was edible, that's about it. Disappointed in it and skeptical of chef Aarón Sánchez's critiques on Top Chef, now!Special Features:
- Bad servicedubeagleDined on 10/2/2014Food was OK. Service terrible. Only two parties at lunch with plenty of staff, yet still poor service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014This was the second time I've dined here. The wait staff is pleasant, the food is very good, but it takes a long time to actually get served. Even drinks took a good 15 minutes to be delivered to the table.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 9/28/20142nd visit to this restaurant. Bar service is excellent. Table service is inattentive. Food both times was pedestrian, not at all the quality and flavors I expected from such a famous chef. Probably not going back because it was far below expectations.Special Features:
- Y. U. M. M. Y.GrowlingtummyDined on 9/27/2014After reading mixed reviews decided to try Paloma for myself. Ordered lobster and shrimp ceviche which were both outstanding. Plantain chips were light and crisp and guacamole was chunky and seasoned well. My favorite though was the albondigas, little meatballs that were slightly spicy. At that point I was almost too full for my entree, a salmon wrapped in hoja santa leaves. Managed to get through half of it, however, before I was stuffed. Service was great. I enjoyed the meal so much I went back the next night. Again, YUMMY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014food very, very good- noise too much-bugs everywhere-need to treat outdoor space re fruit flies-need umbrellas outside--noise awful-kitchen needs to be more attentive to allergy instructions re ordersSpecial Features:
- sktpgnDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed everything about Paloma with exception of the noise level. Had an early dinner and yet, very loud. Difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done Paloma!BillVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great place for entertaining with a lively bar scene and interesting menu. The food was very good, I had the braised short ribs and they were cooked to perfection. A "happening" place, I will be back.Special Features:
- Terrific Stamford SpotGreymalkinDined on 9/24/2014The menu at Paloma isn't huge, but don't let that fool you. The braised short ribs are fall-off-the-bone delicious, and the octopus salad is wonderful. The wine list is thick, and I was impressed to see that the bar stocks some atypical bourbons and Scotches. Hard to believe it's only been open two months, as it has the presence of a restaurant that has been around for years. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/23/2014Quality was not what was expected. Menu was limited in scope.
- DisappointmentMonicaDined on 9/19/2014I was really looking forward to dining at Paloma as it is one of the new "hotspots" in Stamford.I had heard mixed reviews about the food and service but decided to give it a try.We ordered 3 appetizers: the grilled octopus salad, fried sweetbreads, and the lobster tempura tostadas. The octopus and tostadas were very good but we waited 15 minutes extra for the sweetbreads and they were overcooked.For the entrees we ordered the shrimp which was very bland and the short ribs which were stringy and chewy.We also tried 2 desserts. The churros which were warm and delicious but the pineapple tart was stale. While the food was mostly disappointing the waiter was very attentive and helpful.But I would not go back again.Special Features:
- Not worth the price tagLeighVIPDined on 9/18/2014As a local resident I was very excited for Paloma to open and I have been five times now and still the best thing on the menu is the guacamole and salsa. Each time I have tried to order a different cocktail and have yet to get it consistently made twice in once night. My favorite dish is the short ribs and salmon. My biggest compliant is the price point... $14 for a cocktail adds up. Paloma should discount from Monday-Thursday for the locals to be able to enjoy the restaurant more. Or add a bottomless mimosa for brunch. For now the price does not reflect the food. Also having a nightly special for those who go often would add a lot. It's a good scene for cocktails.Special Features:
- Delicioso!Passionate4foodDined on 9/17/2014The food was fabulous and met all my expectations. The empanada appetizer came with the best mole sauce I have ever had. The whole fish was done to perfection. The churros were wonderful but enough for two people after a big meal. Service was great. The restaurant inside was a bit too industrial and noisy. The wood beams suspended from the ceiling didn't really dampen the ambient noise. Overall I really enjoyed my meal and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Beautiful venue, happening crowd, delish food. Thumping music was a tad bit for our table, but that is truly the only negativeSpecial Features:
- Won't last the monthBeckfly12Dined on 9/13/2014Fun atmosphere. Food so-so. Short ribs were tough, chicken was bland, house margaritas were undrinkable. Lots of large groups the night we were there and the waiter actually told us that the large groups were causing a backlog in the kitchen and that we should hurry up and get our orders in! The investors/maître de were hovering to the point of being intrusive. And the place was just so loud we had to shout across our own table.Special Features:
- Fab food if you like everythingleftmyheartVIPDined on 9/11/2014The kitchen will not accept substitutions or adjustments to anything on the menu. Very noisy but really well prepared and serviced food. Excellent short ribs. Well suited to the new vibe neighborhood but not recommended to families with children or someone looking for a relaxing meal as dance music is beating all night long.Special Features: