15 Harbor Point Road
Stamford, CT 06902Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palomagrill.com/
- Phone: 2039987500x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday-Friday: 11:30am - 2:30pm
Brunch: Saturday-Sunday: 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Monday-Thursday: 5:00pm-10:00pm
Friday-Saturday: 5:00pm-11:00pm, Sunday: 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin / Spanish
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Paloma
Paloma, by Chef Aarón Sánchez, is a lively, Latin-inspired grill featuring a range of offerings, from whole roasted meats from the restaurant's wood grill to an extensive raw bar, ceviche, grilled seafood, and a variety of shareable plates. Paloma also offers a wide range of classic and contemporary cocktails that represent a wide selection of handcrafted spirits from Central and South America, including tequila, mezcal, pisco, cachaca, and rum. The restaurant features both indoor and outdoor seating, along with a private dining room and bar dining options for larger parties.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Paloma - Best Restaurants in Stamford ›
Paloma reviews from OpenTable diners
194 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
great for outdoor dining (137)scenic view (118)hot spot (104)fit for foodies (102)vibrant bar scene (81)good for groups (70)neighborhood gem (57)special occasion (53)romantic (35)late-night find (26)notable wine list (24)great for lunch (14)kid-friendly (11)great for brunch (8)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/11/2014My husband and I really liked Paloma. We had a good time and food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic experienceLuvPalomasDined on 10/11/2014The menu is really unique and there is nothing like it that I've seen. We had 3 of the share plates and they were all wonderful. The entrees were outstanding. The braised short ribs were the best I've ever had. Great atmosphere, very upbeat with a lot of energy and great views of the water. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I crave a Paloma! Make it two!RosieDined on 10/11/2014The food and and drink menu were fantastic. Everything we ordered was cooked to perfection and with just a touch of the unexpected. Our waitress Laurie was very attentive. We will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Service needs improvementRosaDined on 10/10/2014Beautiful location. Wonderful ambience. Stunning kitchen space. Service needs improvement.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too loud, food OKWilliamsDUDined on 10/10/2014Short ribs were incredibly salty; I thought restaurant ambience would be a bit more high end. Too loud to converse, had to yell. Wine list minimum.Special Features:
- So good!Lb366VIPDined on 10/10/2014The food is fun and fresh I recommend sharing everything so you can try it all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food didn't cut itOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/8/2014We ordered two small plates and two entrees. Nothing said "I gotta have that again". Steak was ordered rare, came out medium well. I could have done better at home. I expected so much more from such a "famous" chef.Special Features:
- Eh..JustBDined on 10/4/2014My entree was very tasty. I had the braised short ribs which was tender & a side of chicken fried rice & adobo fries.. All which my husband & I shared. Not so positive these items meshed well together but aside from the beef, they were just okay. There was nothing special about the fries or the rice for that matter. I think the most problematic issue for my party was figuring out what was what as the details of the menu seemed so complicated. We were just hungry, we didn't want to spend so much time decoding things & depending on our waiter to explain. Our waiter was great, btw. Very friendly & attentive. Scott, I believe was his name. The mojitos weren't very good. The ceviche was ok but not traditional. Chips and dips were cool. Eh..Special Features:
- An all-around winnerDex22VIPDined on 10/3/2014We've been there three times for dinner. The kitchen has worked out all the typical new restaurant kinks and is humming, and is putting out consistently tasty food. The staff is friendly and the atmosphere is fun. I would highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad servicedubeagleDined on 10/2/2014Food was OK. Service terrible. Only two parties at lunch with plenty of staff, yet still poor service.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/29/2014This was the second time I've dined here. The wait staff is pleasant, the food is very good, but it takes a long time to actually get served. Even drinks took a good 15 minutes to be delivered to the table.Special Features:
- DisappointingFoodieDined on 9/28/20142nd visit to this restaurant. Bar service is excellent. Table service is inattentive. Food both times was pedestrian, not at all the quality and flavors I expected from such a famous chef. Probably not going back because it was far below expectations.Special Features:
- Y. U. M. M. Y.GrowlingtummyDined on 9/27/2014After reading mixed reviews decided to try Paloma for myself. Ordered lobster and shrimp ceviche which were both outstanding. Plantain chips were light and crisp and guacamole was chunky and seasoned well. My favorite though was the albondigas, little meatballs that were slightly spicy. At that point I was almost too full for my entree, a salmon wrapped in hoja santa leaves. Managed to get through half of it, however, before I was stuffed. Service was great. I enjoyed the meal so much I went back the next night. Again, YUMMY.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good but needs workOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/27/2014food very, very good- noise too much-bugs everywhere-need to treat outdoor space re fruit flies-need umbrellas outside--noise awful-kitchen needs to be more attentive to allergy instructions re ordersSpecial Features:
- sktpgnDined on 9/24/2014Enjoyed everything about Paloma with exception of the noise level. Had an early dinner and yet, very loud. Difficult to have a conversation.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Well done Paloma!BillVIPDined on 9/24/2014Great place for entertaining with a lively bar scene and interesting menu. The food was very good, I had the braised short ribs and they were cooked to perfection. A "happening" place, I will be back.Special Features:
- Terrific Stamford SpotGreymalkinDined on 9/24/2014The menu at Paloma isn't huge, but don't let that fool you. The braised short ribs are fall-off-the-bone delicious, and the octopus salad is wonderful. The wine list is thick, and I was impressed to see that the bar stocks some atypical bourbons and Scotches. Hard to believe it's only been open two months, as it has the presence of a restaurant that has been around for years. Cannot recommend this restaurant enough.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 9/23/2014Quality was not what was expected. Menu was limited in scope.
- DisappointmentMonicaDined on 9/19/2014I was really looking forward to dining at Paloma as it is one of the new "hotspots" in Stamford.I had heard mixed reviews about the food and service but decided to give it a try.We ordered 3 appetizers: the grilled octopus salad, fried sweetbreads, and the lobster tempura tostadas. The octopus and tostadas were very good but we waited 15 minutes extra for the sweetbreads and they were overcooked.For the entrees we ordered the shrimp which was very bland and the short ribs which were stringy and chewy.We also tried 2 desserts. The churros which were warm and delicious but the pineapple tart was stale. While the food was mostly disappointing the waiter was very attentive and helpful.But I would not go back again.Special Features:
- Not worth the price tagLeighVIPDined on 9/18/2014As a local resident I was very excited for Paloma to open and I have been five times now and still the best thing on the menu is the guacamole and salsa. Each time I have tried to order a different cocktail and have yet to get it consistently made twice in once night. My favorite dish is the short ribs and salmon. My biggest compliant is the price point... $14 for a cocktail adds up. Paloma should discount from Monday-Thursday for the locals to be able to enjoy the restaurant more. Or add a bottomless mimosa for brunch. For now the price does not reflect the food. Also having a nightly special for those who go often would add a lot. It's a good scene for cocktails.Special Features:
- Delicioso!Passionate4foodDined on 9/17/2014The food was fabulous and met all my expectations. The empanada appetizer came with the best mole sauce I have ever had. The whole fish was done to perfection. The churros were wonderful but enough for two people after a big meal. Service was great. The restaurant inside was a bit too industrial and noisy. The wood beams suspended from the ceiling didn't really dampen the ambient noise. Overall I really enjoyed my meal and would definitely go back.Special Features:
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/15/2014Beautiful venue, happening crowd, delish food. Thumping music was a tad bit for our table, but that is truly the only negativeSpecial Features:
- Won't last the monthBeckfly12Dined on 9/13/2014Fun atmosphere. Food so-so. Short ribs were tough, chicken was bland, house margaritas were undrinkable. Lots of large groups the night we were there and the waiter actually told us that the large groups were causing a backlog in the kitchen and that we should hurry up and get our orders in! The investors/maître de were hovering to the point of being intrusive. And the place was just so loud we had to shout across our own table.Special Features:
- Fab food if you like everythingleftmyheartVIPDined on 9/11/2014The kitchen will not accept substitutions or adjustments to anything on the menu. Very noisy but really well prepared and serviced food. Excellent short ribs. Well suited to the new vibe neighborhood but not recommended to families with children or someone looking for a relaxing meal as dance music is beating all night long.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/9/2014The food was not tasty, only three choices for big plates. Would not go back again.
- Second VisitHub1ViewDined on 9/7/2014Great food, service, ambiance. Service was much improved form our first visit.Special Features:
- great food, horrible bartendersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014We found the food and service to be great in the restaurant. At the bar was the opposite, their were four bartenders talking and sipping drinks among them selves while I waited (and I timed it) for 8 minutes just to get someone to acknowledge me. This happened twice. They were only concerned with the people sitting at the bar. They weren't even making drinks! Very rude and unprofessional, I hope the many managers I found working hard recognize this sooner then later.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- True Latin Flavors - Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/6/2014Paloma just opened up in Stamford, CT and I couldn't wait to for it to open. I have to say that it didn't disappoint. The Empanadas and Chicharrones were delicious appetizers. I don't know why but the Chicharrones are not on the menu (at least not on the on-line menu). The Grilled Double Cut Pork Chop was delicious and cooked to perfection. My husband had the Grilled Strip Steak that was flavorful and cooked exactly to his liking. I can't wait to go back. Oh and the signature drink, Paloma is delicious. Don't drink too many or they will creep up on you. LOL! Great restaurant Mr. Sanchez!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalomaDeidreGDined on 9/6/2014I came in with moderate expectations because I often find when people rave about a new place, I am let down either with the food or service or both. Not this time. The service was quick, friendly. Our server Cristian was knowledgeable and jet a really nice person. The food was unbelievably delicious - amazing flavors, appropriate portion size. I pet eating after I was full because it was truly a remarkable and memorable meal. The half dozen oysters for only $12 was a great deal and they came with a powerful and delicious onion mignonette, not one of those tasteless ones. The grilled octopus app was like no other than I have ever had - they really know how to prepare octopus. The whole fried fish was crispy without being oily. Yum!Special Features:
- 2nd time here and was just okOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/6/2014started with cactus fritters which were great and we had the pork cracklins which were terrible. My girlfriend and son both had the roasted salmon and both said it was terrible, unlike the first time she ordered it and was good which is why she ordered it this time.I had the shrimp entree which was ok, the sauce was good and it would've been nice if they offered bread for dipping in the sauce, but the didn't.The waiter seemed to be in a rush to get us in and get us out, not sure why as there were many open tables throughout the entire time we were there.Overall just ok, perhaps now they have put in the "B team" in the kitchen as we will give it another shot as maybe we caught them on an off night.
- The Palona way2ndtimeDined on 9/5/2014Had another great meal on our return to Poloma. Sat upstairs which was quieter than the lively downstairs. The octopus salad was delicious! Grilled to perfection with a yummy, lingering, flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- disappointingMargaretVIPDined on 9/5/2014We were placed at a table where I had a view of cleaning supplies (brooms, garbage bags, etc) which was terrible.I guess if we were seated outside it would have been a much nicer experience. The food was very ordinary and disappointing. Wait staff was not attentive. The noise level was unbelievably loud…..horrible. Overall not a great experience and would not return.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014The service was not good. Also, there were no vegetarian options and our waitress gave no options of aides, she was like a deer in headlights.Special Features:
- Welcomed Addition to StamfordNymenchDined on 9/2/2014Best NY Strip I have had in many years in CT. Staff was FAB! Great food and energy. BEST MOLE I HAVE EVER HAD.....Slow spicy creep! See you soon.Special Features:
- Love the outdoor seatinglisazDined on 9/1/2014Great place to share lots of small plates. Great outdoor setting. Food was better the first time we ate here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific Food / Great Service !!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014The menu is quite inventive and evrything tatsted amazing. I had the short ribs and my girlfriend had the shrimp. Sooo good ! Our server Jonathan was very attentive and oh so friendlySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love it!WeLoveBrunchDined on 8/30/2014Great food, fast and friendly service and very trendy. Our meals were fresh, tasty and perfectly prepared. Will definitely revisit and highly recommend.Special Features:
- Great food, great service.MikeDined on 8/30/2014Great place for food and drinks. View is fantastic and the service was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great looking restaurant but...LadydiVIPDined on 8/29/2014We arrived at Paloma to a very cool looking space and they accommodated us right away which was earlier than our reservation. It was downhill after that. Waitress was not very attentive. We had trouble ordering drinks and were disappointed with the size of the Martinis. Food was not as described and the shrimp were very spicy after we specifically asked if they were. We like the appetizers but were not happy with the main courses.
- A gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 8/29/2014Wonderful experience from the moment we arrived. The hostess was friendly and very accommodating. The bartender was terrific. Despite being very busy, we were served immediately. Love the "cube" ice cubes! Our server was good, a little rushed but the place was packed. The staff could not have been more professional and friendly at the same time. We never felt rushed or neglected. The six of us all loved our dishes and we all want to go back, soon!Special Features: