Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine
San Antonio, TX 78209Neighborhood:
MexicanPrice: $30 and under
Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palomablanca.net/
- Phone: 2108226151
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 11:00am to 9:00pm
Thursday - Friday: 11:00am to 10:00pm
Saturday: 10:00am to 10:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Paloma Blanca's full-service catering department is eager to help you host your event, whether it's in one of our beautiful private dining rooms, or in your own home. Plated and buffet menu packages as well as beverage, floral/decor, music and rental options are available. For more information visit the Event Planner in the "Catering" section of our website - www.palomablanca.net or simply call Nelly Mendoza Olsen at 210.822-6151.
Whether at our home or yours, we'll make your event special!
- Private Party Facilities: Paloma Blanca offers 2 unique private dining rooms which are perfect for most any occasion, from business meetings to rehearsal dinners to birthday parties - we've even hosted several weddings! Salon el Jardin is located adjacent to our cantina and offers the most privacy. It offers high ceilings, a beautiful slate wall treatment and two sets of French doors overlooking the landscaping. It can accomodate approximately 50 people for a seated event, or 75 people reception style. Salon la Fuente boasts a detailed brick and copper fountain wall as well as an adjacent patio area with fountain. It can accomodate approximately 100 people for a seated event, or 200 people in a reption style. For more information on our policies and to see pictures of the rooms please visit www.PalomaBlanca.net, or call us.
- Private Party Contact: Nelly Mendoza Olsen 2108226151
- Entertainment: Live music on Thursday, Friday and Saturday evenings from 6:30pm to 9:30pm, and for Sunday Brunch from 11am - 2pm.
A word from Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine
Since 1997, Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine has become well-known for offering much more than traditional "Tex-Mex" fare. Tempting offerings include items as varied as grilled snapper, enchiladas verdes, pozole soup, hand made flautas and tacos al pastor. For margaritas by a cool fountain, a relaxing dinner on the terrace or appetizers in our hacienda-style dining rooms, Paloma Blanca invites you to enjoy our autentico brand of Mexican cuisine and hospitality.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerOutdoor Dining
Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine - Best Restaurants in Alamo Heights ›
Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
50 reviews since May 25, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (32)neighborhood gem (30)good for groups (22)special occasion (21)great for lunch (18)fit for foodies (16)romantic (11)kid-friendly (10)great for brunch (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)notable wine list (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Paloma BlancaTXAg82Dined on 9/14/2014Food is excellent. We had pretty mediocre service, but I think that is atypical as we noticed other wait staff being very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My first time impressionRomanticmanDined on 9/12/2014I had a great time. I think this is a great place but, it could be better if someone with experience in sound engineer fix the noise issue. I could not enjoy the guitar musician as I wanted to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MexicanKschendtDined on 9/1/2014I love Paloma and am so glad we got to eat there when we were in town visiting San Antonio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lunch Buncheat2muchDined on 8/28/2014Love coming here for work birthday lunches. Easy in and out and good food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great food, nice atmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/22/2014We came for dinner with some friends last Friday night and requested to sit next to the guitarist. We were placed right next to him and were able to enjoy his lovely melodies all evening. We felt a little rushed by the server but the food was excellent, as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealJennieDined on 8/21/2014Like this place a lot...I'm a vegetarian and there are several offerings that I can choose from! Great service, very reasonably priced.Special Features:
- eattoliveDined on 8/16/2014Enjoyed our visit- first time there. Loved the live music in the bar/lounge area. Only drawback we were seated in a large room with a large party so made conversation a little difficult. Large restaurant with many smaller rooms that had more ambience. The staff and servers were very nice and could not have been more friendly. Food was very very good. Margaritas were excellent.Were visiting San Antonio and would definitely go back when we return.Special Features:
- Overall wonderful dinner w/friendsTXShopDined on 8/16/2014Companions loved their dinners, no complaints, LARGE portions. Reviewer ordered the snapper which was overcooked, dry and tasted frozen. What a shame when good snapper is available fresh locally. Will definitely return, perhaps just an "off-dish." Service was great!Special Features:
- not TexMex but great!owlschoiceDined on 8/2/2014Being from an old San Antonio Family we all love our TexMex and had to choose Paloma Blanca as a second pick. We went not knowing what type of Mexican cuisine would be on the menu. We were all pleasantly surprised. The food was really good. The Mole was not too sweet but just right and the chipolte sauce on the Enchiladas '09 was just the right hot. We were a party of 8 and everyone found something they loved. One of the best things I noticed was that parties are allowed to bring in their own special desert for a birthday or shower. We brought our own Cheese cake and cherries, when we were ready for them they were chilled like we had just brought them. I recommend that you make reservations. Sat night is very busy.Special Features:
- SmittyDined on 7/31/2014I felt it was one of the better Mexican resturants I have been to in yearsSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PalomafooddealfinderDined on 7/27/2014This was my first visit to Paloma Blanca. I t came highly recommended and lived up to it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placedadsdontroqDined on 7/25/2014The food is outstanding. Excellent variety, good ingredients, and good, thoughtful service. It can be a little noisy, and could use some craft beers, preferably draft. Not everyone is a marguerita fan.Special Features:
- Not what it used to beTejawatersDined on 7/18/2014What happened to the GM stopping by all tables? Did not recognize any of the employees, menus were worn and tattered. Service was poor and when it was pointed corrections were very slow and not reported to or responded to by management.
- Noise leveleatmeatDined on 7/16/2014Great food and wonderful atmosphere, but wish we had sat outside because the noise level was very high.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Be PreparedDaveVIPDined on 7/6/2014Our last visit to Paloma Blanca was not a great one due to where we were seated and who our server was. Unfortunately, we were seated for dinner at one of three tables that are in the back of the waiting room, NOT the main dining area of the restaurant! If that wasn't bad enough, our waiter, who seemed nice, looked like he was only 13 years old and didn't provide the kind of service to us that you would expect in a nice Alamo Heights restaurant. It was an extremely disappointing experience to say the least. The only saving grace was the food, which was excellent as usual. Next time we make reservations here, we now know to request to be seated in the dining area, not in the corner of the waiting room!Special Features:
- The quality of food was unevenCC44Dined on 6/15/2014My husband and I used to go to law Paloma Blanca for great Mexican food. We especially like their preparation of Mole sauce,which is not easy. My husband ordered it on Father's Day and the chicken dish was very disappointing. It looked like stuff out of a bottle. On the other hand, my chile relleno vegetarian style was delicious, although not very spicy. The guacamole and the mini tacos as an appetizer were both delicious.
- mikeinRoutDined on 6/15/2014a great place for families or dinner with someone special....food & service is great....menu offers something for every one.....outdoor dining is the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environment and good foodMaxC59Dined on 6/13/2014There are plenty of Mexican restaurants in San Antonio and it can be difficult to find one that is not too standard or too much "turistic". Paloma Blanca has found a good balance of providing a very good quality of food in an nice ambience. The menu has the traditional dishes, but the execution is accurate and with a touch of originality. Very good service in a nice ambience. If you like Mexican this is a good stop.
- Too noisy!NenaVIPDined on 6/12/2014Paloma Blanca has got a fabulous menu, excellent service but it would be so much better if something could be done about the noise levels in the indoor dining rooms. I had requested a table in a quiet area and we were seated between two large parties. Needless to say we had to shout at each other in order to be heard. I love the food, I love the wait staff's service but I hesitate to return unless the weather is comfortable enough for outdoor seating so we can enjoy our conversation.Special Features:
- DisappointingNativeTexanDined on 6/9/2014I don't get back to Texas very often and when I do, I so look forward to good Mexican food. This was not the place. The Margaritas were insipid at best and really expensive. You would hope that for the price that there would be some out of the world flavor and these tasted like diluted lime juice and very little tequila. The guacamole table side was good but salt was not added and it needed it. Had a combo plate – carne in quesadilla was overcooked and tasted burnt, flauta was so hard couldn’t cut it and that was after it had been covered with sour cream and guacamole. So glad I have time to get my fix while here but it will be somewhere else.
- Great restaurant!texmex41Dined on 5/31/2014We had an excellent dining experience, and look forward to eating here again.Special Features:
- IcemanDined on 5/24/2014Overall, very good however very noisey. Have to talk loud to someone at your own table. Guest seemed to be loud too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 264 reviews are from the Paloma Blanca Mexican Cuisine reviews archive.
- Great outdoors!MaggieGGDined on 5/23/2014Went with a small group (5) for drinks and dinner. Their sangrias were great and their margaritas and martinis were celebrated by others. The ceviche was great, as were their shrimp tacos and enchiladas verdes. Will definitely come back for their patio experience. I am not a fan of indoor bars, but enjoyed sitting at theirs for a short while, listening to their Spanish-style guitar player. Very relaxing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paloma better for takeoutOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/19/2014Paloma has a nice ambiance however their ambivalent service and lukewarm food always reminds they're much better for takeout vs in-house dining.Special Features:
- San Antonio River FishmrmacDined on 5/18/2014My wife and I had dinner here with her cousin and her husband. It was the second visit for the four of us, and we re-affirmed our pleasure in dining at Paloma Blanca. I had the red fish with the cilantro dressing and it was delicious. I titled this as I did because our food server told me that the red fish came out of the San Antonio River, so it had to be very good. The margaritas were very good, and we had a pleasant overall dining experience.Special Features:
- Great Dinner LocaleSamsavvyscottDined on 5/17/2014Had an intimate birthday get together and all was great! Our table was under the chandelier making the ambience fitting for our occasion. Our servers, David and Jose, were awesome! Prompt service and attention to detail.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok for a summer lunchAtmosphereDined on 5/17/2014Service was slow and they messed up on all the orders. The atmosphere is the best thing about the place. Nothing special about the food, a little plain considering all the other reviews I have read. Several other restaurants in San Antonio that serve dishes with more flavor and better service.Special Features:
- Very positive experience, love it!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/3/2014I have nothing negative to say about this place. My group and I had a very positive experience here and it was all good.Special Features:
- Good food, but rushed serviceblueskyDined on 5/3/2014Our party made reservations and we were able to sit as soon as we arrived. Making reservations turned out to be a good idea as the restaurant was already very crowded. The waitstaff was very attentive, but overly so. We had only been sitting for five minutes and had not even looked at the menu or gotten drinks and we were already asked what we would like to order. Some members of the party had not seen each other in several years so we wanted a few minutes to socialize. Our waiter kept pushing us to order; finally we had to flat out tell him (politely I hope) to please stop rushing us. The food was excellent. Unsure if we will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PALOMA BLANCA ES MUY ESPECIALEdallas6322Dined on 4/19/2014Moved to San Antonio over 2 years ago now and tried many Mexican food restaurants. This place has the best Mexican Cuisine we have tasted. Plus, the decor and ambiance is so special. Beautiful restaurant, inside and out, and presentation of the food also exquisite. Thank you so much!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Totally Worth ItDrDFriedmanDined on 4/18/2014Brought my out of town family here for dinner and everybody had a really good time. Their staff was excellent with the two younger kids at the table. The food was excellent (do not miss the guacamole). Will definitely be going back in the future.Special Features:
- An Enjoyable experienceXavierDined on 4/15/2014Starting out with the service, reminds me of Mexico City and the only thing I miss...great service, great food quality. I had a memorable experience dining at Paloma Blanca.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Paloma Blanca RocksRoseyVIPDined on 4/10/2014We read many of the reviews & had a 'mixed feeling' about them, but decided to go with the positive reviews & give PB a try. Wow - we're we impressed. The food - & margaritas - we're fabulous! There were 5 of us & we all had different dishes - & they we're all yummy! (My girlfriend had the Paloma Pork dish & that got my top vote - but my 'house special enchiladas' was a close 2nd. We we're seated immediately & our server was there every step of the way (& also helped guide our decisions)! We ate outdoors on the patio & it was great ambience! Our group is CA based & we love Mex food - & we would all go back to PB in a heartbeat! Check it out - you'll b glad u did! Enjoy (Premium Margaritas so good u may need DD if u hv more than 2!)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/9/2014I was excited to take my date to this place because he loves Mexican food. The hostess said she couldn't find my reservation after I showed her the confirmation and then I proceeded to wait 45 minutes before I was sat. The food came out quickly and the server was very pleasant. Food was ok, not amazing, but alright.
- Great place to take out of townersOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/6/2014This is my wife's favorite place and we love taking out of town guests here. The food is great and the place looks great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingtunicalDined on 4/5/2014First timers after hearing good things from an Austin friend. A little noisy, but most places are these days. Chips are substantial, thick, and tasty. Two salsas - fresh and roasted. They were OK, nothing special, but come on, folks! Salsa is not an expensive item, serve it in bowls that hold more than a couple of ounces! Your menu prices warrant it. Service was inattentive. Presentation below average and our food was barely warm when it came, and we ordered exactly as the menu offered - my wife: chicken molé enchilada $12, and me: spicy pork (too salty) $14. We were there on a Sat at 6pm. Would think the A team would've been present making it great. Too many Mexican food places to try (less expensive to boot) to go back twice to this one.
- A GemshortDined on 3/30/2014A neat place hidden within the Alamo Heights area for tex mex. A great variety of food for your buck. Service was superb and the general manager was very caring about his patrons making his rounds constantly to make sure every one was satisfy with the service and food. When I told that it was mine and my girlfriends first time there, he gave us a plate of queso and quac on the house for us to try. Will definitely go back there again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/24/2014Celebrated my birthday there, they gave us a complimentary slice of cake with a candle on top. Then sang happy birthday.. The food was good. Service was good..Special Features:
- Fun lunchPattyDined on 3/16/2014We had two small children with us and the server and staff could not have been nicer or more attentive. Everyone loved their dishes. Good choice!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Macrina is an excellent server.LaurenceDined on 3/15/2014Macrina is an excellent server. Food was beautifully presented and arrived in timely fashion. Drinks done well. Mole enchiladas were pretty good. Shrimp tacos excellent. The beans (I know, just a side dish) are outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.