Palmyra at The Peaks
136 Country Club Drive
Mountain Village, CO 81435Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palmyra at The Peaks
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.thepeaksresort.com/dining/
- Phone: 9707286800x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 7:00am - 10:30 Breakfast 11:00am - 3:00pm Lunch
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Wine Bar, Gastro Pub, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Chef Patrick Funk
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Live Entertainment almost every night. Please call to inquire about our Entertainment Schedule.
A word from Palmyra at The Peaks
Award-winning dining with a view! Our creative American menus were created with your appetite in mind, from a casual "to share" fare in the bar and on the deck to more formal dining selections in Palmyra. Our bar features 20 wines by the glass, a Colorado-inspired draft beer program and an exciting Seasonal Cocktails list.Continued
We look forward to welcoming you to Palmyra for an unforgettable dining experience with breathtaking views.
We look forward to welcoming you to Palmyra for an unforgettable dining experience with breathtaking views.
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palmyra at The Peaks reviews from OpenTable diners
9 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance5Noise LevelQuiet
scenic view (9)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)special occasion (7)great for outdoor dining (6)good for groups (4)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)great for lunch (3)kid-friendly (2)neighborhood gem (2)great for brunch (1)Show More
- Delicious Food and See Forever ViewRoadTripJoDined on 8/28/2014We had a wonderful late night dinner with cocktails in the bar and delicious breakfast the next morning in Palmyra at the Peaks. Friendly staff and very nice room. Sunset and morning views of the mountains from the huge windows were stunning. Our experience was 100% positive!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Top of the world!alwaysaburgherDined on 8/23/2014We anticipated drinks and a wonderful meal with a fabulous sunset at this lovely mountaintop resort, but an earlier rain changed the plan. Instead we were seated inside at a table by the window where we watched fluffy mounds of fog roll in and erase mountain tops, then make them appear again under a full rainbow! It was like a fantastic light show! All of this while we ate a superb meal of chaucauterie, corn chowder, Dubroc pork chops cooked perfectly to our specification, wasabi mashed potatoes and more. The staff was friendly and engaging and made our last night in Telluride most memorable. We would highly recommend Palmyra.Special Features:
- Hidden GemDebIVIPDined on 6/29/2014We've have had some outstanding meals here. We've had a second home here for 25 years. Until the past year, Palmyra or any restaurant at the Peaks was never on our radar. The dining room is lovely, the view is outstanding and the food is consistently good. The Tuna Trio on the small plates menu was delicious . I'm so happy we tried it.Special Features:
- Excellent Food, Romantic AtmosphereJenSDined on 5/29/2014My husband and I went here for our anniversary! The service was just amazing! the staff saw from our reservation that it was our anniversary and congratulated us, as well as the chef who came to our table to talk with us and wish us a Happy Anniversary! The Food was outstanding and we enjoyed every bite! The view was to die for!! And although we had a window seat, I am not sure that you would get a bad seat in the house no matter where you sat! We were a bit late getting there so we missed the sunset but have been told it is just amazing! Next time we will try to get there earlier so we don't miss it! We ceartaintly enjoyed our dinner here and would recommend it to anyone looking for a romantic venue for their anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 34 reviews are from the Palmyra at The Peaks reviews archive.
- Not as expectedKimNDined on 3/14/2014For the high prices the food did not measure up. The filet was not seasoned and tasted very plain despite the "topping" that was put on it. No one in our party of 8 was pleased with what they ordered. The views are spectacular which was the only enjoyable aspect of our dining experience.Special Features:
- Awesome ViewPaulBDined on 2/14/2014The service, food & wine was wonderful we had. Wonderful Valentines Day dinner! The view is always great, but at sunset will leave you speechless!Special Features:
- Ok restaurant but Not goodKerstinDined on 2/14/2014Ok restaurant but Not good lighting, too dark and some tables too bright Personal friendly but nothing more Food averageSpecial Features:
- Delicious MealEliotVIPDined on 2/1/2014The new entrée, the gulf shrimp was absolutely delicious in a wonderful cream sauce. The service was excellent and the Restaurant Manager also checked in to ensure our meal was to our liking. The live music was in the great room - far enough away from the main dining room so we could enjoy the music without be overwhelmed by it. Great restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food-- Memorable Experience!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 1/7/2014The food was creative, delicious, and beautifully presented. Entire staff was attentive, friendly and energetic. Restaurant is beautiful, huge windows looking out over the valley...magnificent. Blue flame fire pillars add a warming and creative touch throughout dining room. Some great innovations on the menu, and our server was very personable and quite knowlegeable. (Scallops, Pork chop with ginger beer sauce, tuna tartare and goat cheese cheesecake were particularly notable and delicious!) Chefs came out and greeted the table. All in all, a fantastic evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Odd ExperienceJohnFDined on 12/28/2013Half the tables were empty during the peak of the holiday season. Dining room was very dark with dark wood top tables and a single spotlight high above each. Wines by the glass were very limited, food quality does not comport with the pricing. Uninspiring menu with no specials. Will not be back.
- Best in tellurideOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/26/2013This restaurant is frequently overlooked because if it's location in the Peaks. We dined here during our Christmas 2013 ski vacation and I was really surprised. We usually do all the hot spots plus a few local gems. The food was great and the service wAs friendly and spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Thanksgiving dinnerTraceyDined on 11/28/2013we enjoyed our Thanksgiving meal at Palmyra -- food was perfect -- great portions for a Thanksgiving meal -- two teenage daughters, my husband, and I enjoyed it so much -- view was awesome -- ambiance cozy with cool little fireplaces -- A+Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing Scenic ViewZareilDined on 10/11/2013Great location. Amazing Scenic View of the valley and surrounding mountains. Staff were attentive and friendly. Hamburgers for lunch on the menu were tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place for dressing up or downOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/28/2013Love Palmyra at the Peaks in Telluride! We always go when we're in town for the film festival. The food is good and the view is breathtaking. Servers are knowledgeable and friendly. Would recommend this place to anyone. Took husband there for his birthday dinner and when travel plans delayed us two and a half hours, they were still cheerful and accommodating. Can't imagine anyone not loving this place! and P.S. Palmyra, please keep doing what you're doing -- you folks are fantastic!I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was fun and good but OVERPRICED!EpicuriousDined on 7/19/2013The burratta we had was wonderful! It was the best burrata I have ever eaten. The live music was a wonderful dimension and the wine was good, but pricey. The rest of the food (shrimp cocktail, arugula salad, and potato skins) was average. The view was AMAZING. All in all it was a nice time, but I'll try another restaurant at that price point the next time I am in Telluride. Maybe just get a glass of wine and the burrata as an app, then go elsewhere in town for you main meal.Special Features:
- Perfect FindJulieDined on 7/4/2013We booked a table for a sizable group. The scenery was great, the food was really very excellent, and the service was also excellent. There was a guitarist who played and sang beautifully. The view was spectacular, and we enjoyed the scene at sunset. I would come here again if I'm ever back in Telluride. My one complaint is that there was not a single vegetarian entree on the menu, so the food only gets 4 stars.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New MenuEliotVIPDined on 5/22/2013The new menu at the Palmyra restaurant in the Peaks Resort and Spa is delicious. The Elk sausage, the jalapeno shrimp, the Asian chicken, are just some of the foods we ate. I understand they change the menu twice a year (winter and summer). They did not disappoint. The service was excellent and we had a wonderful chat with the Food and Beverage Director. Can't be the views! All in all a very pleasant experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We ate here for dinner withSushiLoverVIPDined on 3/25/2013We ate here for dinner with our 2 kids. Our food was good. The parmesan fries were excellent. The service staff was young and appeared inexperienced (no wine bucket for our white wine, never re-poured a glass, did not receive items asked for). The lounge area was very close to our table and there were some loud gentleman enjoying their apres ski a little too much! Will not likely return.
- Great views for sunset SoloEliotVIPDined on 3/6/2013Great views for sunset Solo vocalist was a pleasure to listen to Reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- There was a very good selectonOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2013There was a very good selecton of fixed price menu choices for Valentine's Day evening. The fixed price offering that included wine pairings along with each course was too pricey for the provided wines. Ordering a bottle of wine was more price effective and satisfied our palates. The food itself was prepared nicely and tasted fine. The service was pleasant and OK, but there needs to be more focus on placing the appropriate silverware on the table prior to the arrival of each course as opposed to after each course has been served. Unfortunately, this is a repeat problem. Also, unfoortunately we inadvertently selected a table near the guitar player making dinner conversation a challenge.Special Features:
- The new chef is doing a fabulousEliotVIPDined on 1/30/2013The new chef is doing a fabulous job. The food was delicious! There were 4 of us for dinner, the restaurant was busy, our server was terrific. And we had live music. A guitar player and singer who has been playing there for the past couple of years. The music was just the right volume. We could chat and still enjoy the music. The alcohol fires they set throughout the restaurant adds so nicely to the ambience of the room. Loved it and would recommend it to everyone!Special Features:
- The food was fine, but wasLizzieDined on 12/31/2012The food was fine, but was not worth the price. The chairs were very uncomfortable. They looked like banquet chairs. Overall, a so-so experience.Special Features:
- When we made our reservationsOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2012When we made our reservations for new year's eve we were not informed that they had a different menu for that night. There were three appetizer selections, a soup or salad, three entrée selections and two dessert selections. All for $125 per person. For that money, I expect better selections better preparation of the food and to actually get the food in the correct order. We sat on folding patio chairs with white table cloths draped over folding card tables. For a $1,000 bill for one meal, I expect better than what I eat with friends at dinner parties we prepare ourselves. Major disappointment.
- They had an excellent musicianOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/28/2012They had an excellent musician playing while we ate.
- Sorry, but we are out of....DinerLuvVIPDined on 12/26/2012Odd that they did not have one of the featured entrees available on the not very extensive menu (early evening), the steamer for the cappucino machine wasn't working and they couldn't find a pepper grinder that worked. Everyone was so nice that we didn't complain but c'mon! These are basics and it is an expensive restaurant so the team should be more "on the mark".Special Features:
- The view is beautiful. TheNancyDined on 12/26/2012The view is beautiful. The food is good, the service a little slow. They changed out the chairs and table for the holidays and it is not a good look. They need to get rid of the white and go back to the warm look they had.Special Features:
- Two years ago we had one ofImaskierDined on 12/24/2012Two years ago we had one of our best experiences in a restaurant there. Things have changed quite a bit since then. We ordered cocktails and they were all wrong. We ordered a bottle of wine but it didn't arrive until we were nearly finished with our meal. Don't think it was the problem with the wait staff. They can't bring food that wasn't ready. We enjoyed ourselves and probably will return hoping things return to to previous excellence. It may have just been a bad night.Special Features:
- Unfortunate disaster.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2012We had a disaster at Palmyra on December 24th. I do not know if it was because it was Christmas Eve but the service was extremely slow. The waitress had our order incorrect for 2 people. The round table we were seated at was next to vents that were blowing cold air that caused 5 of our seven guests to be freezing. Our reservation was for 6pm because our guests had just arrived that day. We did not get out of the restaurant until 9:15 and we did not have any dessert or coffee. In addition, the valet boy disappeared and we had to find our own keys to our car. An unfortunate disaster for a Christmas Eve get together.
- Give your review a titleAlwaysgoodVIPDined on 12/10/2012My son and I ate here early in the ski season. Service was excellent as you would expect with no one else in the restaurant. Food was average at best and overpriced.
- Our meal was delicious, andEliotVIPDined on 12/1/2012Our meal was delicious, and matched by the beautiful views of the mountains and Wilson Peak. Floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Village. The ambience in the dining room was enhanced by several alcohol lit glass (rectangular in shape) throughout the restaurant. Very pleasant staff happy to serve us. I would recommend this restaurant to everyone.Special Features:
- Spectacular mountain views,EliotVIPDined on 10/3/2012Spectacular mountain views, great service, good menu, reasonable pricesSpecial Features:
- I think this is the diningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/7/2012I think this is the dining deal of Telluride/Mountain Village! Food is fabulous, pricing beats most other options and the view can't be matched. Service was impeccable. I'll make this my regular dining place when I am in town.Special Features:
- Incredible view and excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/30/2012Incredible view and excellent food and service. Nice touch of live acoustic guitar as well.Special Features:
- Incredible view, food andOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/23/2012Incredible view, food and service. My new favorite in Telluride. Bacon Mac and Cheese is very good!Special Features:
- Nothing short of fabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 3/14/2012This was an amazing restaurant with breathtaking views. The sun was setting over the mountains and it was incredible. The food and wine was wonderful as well. Our waitress was rather undesirable but the food and view made up for it. Highly recommend if you are in Telluride.Special Features:
- We were greeted and seatedrixrevsVIPDined on 3/14/2012We were greeted and seated on time. Our waiter was a little slow to begin but then was able to focus on our table. The support staff was great at keeping water glasses full and fulfilling requests. The food was great! Steak, lamb, seafood and vegetable entrees were all served as ordered and were very flavorful.
- Valentines Day DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012We went for Valentine's Day, and were excited to see the special 3 course menu. We were slightly disappointed that surf n turf was the best they came up with, so we ordered off the regular menu. The selections were fantastic. I ordered mountain trout, my wife had the duck. The duck was cooked a bit odd, a little on the rare side for us. But it sat on a bed of delicious risotto, which made her happy! I had a couple glasses of the $8 french wine, and was more than impressed for the price.Special Features:
- Valentine's Night at PalmyraOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/14/2012As one would expect, the Valentine's Day dinner crowd filled the restaurant. The fixed price special multi-course menu with wine pairings was very acceptable. The ambiance would have been better had the guitarist played music without singing. Although there were more than a sufficient number of wait staff and a team approach was attempted, there was disorganization, resulting in the Prosecco not being served at the appropriate time, soup was served without spoons, and when the bill was attempted to be paid with a credit card, the credit card was returned without the credit card check to be signed requiring seeking out the wait person. The presentation of a giant rose upon leaving was a very nice touch.