145 Dean Drive
Tenafly, NJ 07670Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.palmerscrossingrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 2015674800x
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 6:30am - 10:00am, Saturday - Sunday: 7:00am - 10:30pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 11:00pm - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday -Saturday 5:00pm-11pm
Bar Hours Sunday - Thursday 12:00pm-11:00pm
Friday - Saturday 12:00pm-2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Fusion / Eclectic, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Sergio Hurtado (formerly of Tolima Restaurant, Chatham, NJ)
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: We offer private party facilities for up to 50 guests. We have a variety of sit-down and buffet packages to to choose from.
- Private Party Contact: Alan Garrabrant 2015674800x593
- Entertainment: HAPPY HOUR MONDAY THROUGH FRIDAY 5:00pm to 7:oopm
Late Night Happy Hour Fridays and Saturdays from 10pm to 12am
A word from Palmer's Crossing
Palmer's Crossing Restaurant and Bar features "New American Cuisine". Our Fall Menu consists of Home-style Comfort Classics with a Special Twist!!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Palmer's Crossing reviews from OpenTable diners
5 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelQuiet
great for brunch (3)romantic (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)vibrant bar scene (1)good for groups (1)special occasion (1)neighborhood gem (1)Show More
- Took a shot in the dark...and hit!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/20141st experience at Palmers Crossing. We were pleasantly surprised. Welcomed warmly. Great bartender. Very friendly server at the table. Food well presented. Everything tasted very good to excellent. We'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- So-So meal!LettuceloverDined on 7/25/2014We tried Palmers Crossing after reading previous diners reviews. Being unaware of the restaurant before, we decided to go for their Friday Roast Beef Buffet. The beef was tough and required lots of chewing. The rest of the buffet onsisted of not deveined boiled cocktail shrimp. Lettuce wedges, caedar salad, grilled mushrooms, corn on the cob, mac and cheese, mashed white potatoes, roasted white potatoes, soggy cold julienned sweet potatoes and creamed spinach.for dessert, chocolate or tiramisu cake slices. No beverages included. The buffet ispriced at $21.95 pp . Coffee was $3.95. The restaurant is connected to the hotel in Tenafly which makes it very convenient or hotel guests.Special Features:
- neighborhood reliablejersey111VIPDined on 6/27/2014If you need a quiet place for a business lunch--this is it. Gently priced wines and an adequate lunch menu--friendly serviceSpecial Features:
- The following 60 reviews are from the Palmer's Crossing reviews archive.
- Another pre-packaged food emporiumClemieDined on 4/1/2014It wasn't bad, but I won't go back. The Clinton Inn has a very good reputation, but this restaurant did not live up to it.
- Out for my mother's 96th birthdayearlybirdDined on 2/12/2014Palmer's is an easy place to get in to as you can pull right up to the door and there are not stairs from the main entrance. This makes it ideal for someone not able to walk far. The restaurant was busier than usual but the service was faster than usual, which was good. Our waiter was very attentive and gracious. The food was very good and the Early Bird menu had ample choices. The only thing I'd suggest is for the Apple Pie a la Mode. We all agreed the pie should be warm not straight from the fridge, for a nice contrast with the ice cream. Actually it should never be ice cold!Special Features:
- good food for an anniversaryRobertaDined on 12/30/2013Service was very slow because there was a big party that ordered ahead of us. The waitstaff thought they kitchen was too slow too. My fish was perfectly cooked only the sauce seemed to be exactly the same as the frogs legs entree which is not how they were described on the menu. We would go back and try other dishes and see if we are served faster next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Holiday choiceLuvbuggyDined on 12/25/2013Christmas day leaves little choices for restaurants open on the holiday. We selected Palmer's for that reason, plus it offered wheel chair access which we needed and required short traveling time. There were large family parties that day so the noise level was up. The menu was limited but a nice variation of fish, beef and chicken. The soups and salads were excellent, the entrees had undercooked veggies, overcooked or fatty meats and the fish tasted as if it had been frozen. The dessert offerings were varied and very, very good. Overall, we felt it was a good dinner and a nice place but not someplace that we will return to.Special Features:
- ThanksgivingholidaydinerDined on 11/28/2013Great Thanksgiving Meal. Great Atmosphere. Excellent Wine List. I will definitely return for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service. OK food.OpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 11/16/2013Although the service was great and attentive, the food did not live up to expectations. Idea was there, but flavor and quality was lacking. I am a little disappointed as I expected better for the price. The wine selection could have been a little better as well.Special Features:
- Dinner with friendsJRS150Dined on 11/2/2013Had read the good write up in the Bergen Record and thought we would try out. Had made reservations for a Saturday night thinking it would be crowded for a Bergen county restaurant. There were only 3 other tables of seated customers. We all had the prix fix dinner. Food was good, but when the mashed potatoes came out on all our dishes, they were not from scratch, very disappointing. Shared the Lava which was okay. Service was great and had a good wine list, but the restaurant was basically empty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ClassyBobgataDined on 10/3/2013This is a nice restaurant in a classy hotel. Why go to a beer and burger type bar when you can enjoy a much nicer experience and pay similar prices or even less. Great Happy Hour cocktails and food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- food disappointing, ordereddeniseDined on 9/27/2013food disappointing, ordered salmon ..it looked like I ordered potatoes with a side of salmon menu very limited bartender/waiter was very attentive
- Neighborhood Gem is RightFoodforLifeDined on 9/12/2013Went for dinner. I'm around town most of the week/weekend but never visited. Staff is super friendly, patient and helpful. Menu was surprising to see the variety, esp. Asian Fusion-dishes with traditional Skirt Steak, Filet and fish options. Crab cake appetizer was 2 cakes and really tasty w/fresh mango salsa - would recommend to anyone. Meatloaf and mash potatoes WERE DELICIOUS. Good beer selection, all around great dinner option when in Tenafly/Englewood area with a variety menu and quiet dining experience. Bar - Large enough for happy hour/sports Dining area - quiet, with fireplace, but homey Staff - Very kind, attentive and patient.Special Features:
- Pedestrian fare - what you'djoyboyVIPDined on 9/10/2013Pedestrian fare - what you'd expect in a hotel lobby.Special Features:
- Good food/Great priceBobgataDined on 3/9/2013We have enjoyed Happy Hours here and now have come for dinner. Everything was good, as expected. The food is very good and prices are reasonable. We'll be back soon.Special Features:
- Valentine's dinner was goodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/15/2013Valentine's dinner was good but it was served on old dishes with plenty of scratches. It took away from our enjoyment of the meal. Service was attentiveSpecial Features:
- Tenafly Treasure1njgalVIPDined on 2/1/2013We have dined at Palmer's Crossing many times and always enjoy the experience. We love the table closest to the fireplace...makes for a cozy romantic ambiance. I ordered the salmon...it was not on the menu but they were able to accomodate me...and it was excellent. My boyfriend ordered the pasta primavera and he enjoyed his dish as well. The service is attentive. A great choice in the Tenafly area....located in the Clinton Inn.Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant withOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/26/2013Beautiful restaurant with pleasant staff. Great for late dinner when the restaurant is quiet and relaxed. Definitely going back. Food was fantastic.Special Features:
- In each of our last threeOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/10/2013In each of our last three visits to Palmer's Crossing, in Tenafly, NJ, my wife and I enjoyed quite lovely dinners. During the week, we've found only a few patrons (we could choose our table), but on the weekend one should definitely make reservations. The reason for this, I presume, is not the food, which is quite good—American modern—but because the restaurant is in the Clinton Inn. But during the week in cool or cold months we take a table by the blazing fireplace in the main room where it's a little romantic and quiet. I've taken my wife there three times for our anniversaries, and we've always liked everything about the food. Excellent menu, excellent dining. De gustibus, of course, but we've eaten at most of our local restaurants!Special Features:
- Went there for ThanksgivingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/22/2012Went there for Thanksgiving and it was fabulous. Every single item that we ate from Appetizer to Main course was fabulous.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/29/2012I'd say the best part of the dinner was our appetizers. Brisquet eggrolls and seafood nachos were very good. As for my dinner, I liked my chicken, but my wife's steak was overcooked. The Z-100 music they pipe in doesn't really fit with the restaurant and can't be popular with the clientele who seemed to mostly be in their 60's. Our waitress was inattentive even though the place was half empty. Overall, it was a decent diner, but I won't be rushing back.
- I would definitely go backOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/16/2012I would definitely go back to this restaurant again Peter.Special Features:
- We were the only people inOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/18/2012We were the only people in the dining room on a Saturday night. What's the need for reservations? Food was mediocre at best.
- We dined on a Sunday nightLawrenceDined on 8/12/2012We dined on a Sunday night and, with the exception of one couple at the bar, had the whole place to ourselves. You get a free bottle of wine on Sunday nights with the purchase of two entrees. Great food, nice portions, wonderful service and resaonable prices....we'll be back.Special Features:
- Hotel dining. Good but notRulesdocVIPDined on 3/3/2012Hotel dining. Good but not a place to return for an evening.Special Features:
- This is a neighborhood restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 2/25/2012This is a neighborhood restaurant so we always feel welcome and well treated. The food is good. The pastas and meats are well prepared. They have a tremendous wine list. Palmer's Crossing is a delightful restaurant with caring service.Special Features:
- Everytime i have been hereOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 1/20/2012Everytime i have been here I am always pleased with the food and service , Great find.Special Features:
- Tenafly Treat....Palmer's Crossing1njgalVIPDined on 12/30/2011Always enjoy Palmer's Crossing in the Clinton Hotel in Tenafly. We select the table near the fireplace, which gives us the ambiance of coziness. We find the food outstanding...from the salad to the entrees. Sometimes we find it rather quiet and wonder why more people have not discovered a great restaurant right in town. I recommend trying PC...you will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Despite the fact that Palmer'sOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/25/2011Despite the fact that Palmer's Crossing is an expensive and thus considered relatively fancy restaurant, the food was pretty bland if not miserable. Worse, they did not serve the food as promised on the menu for Christmas (a turkey dinner with no gravy? No cranberry sauce?)Special Features:
- Not Worth GoingOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/16/2011For a place with so few people, it was noisy and uncomfortable with unattentive service. Food was mediocre and at least one dish tasted like the sauce came from a can or bottle rather than anything fresh or unique.
- Great place to dine and drink.OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 12/16/2011Great place to dine and drink. Highly recommend it !Special Features:
- Love the food & service willOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/25/2011Love the food & service will definitely go back! Great find!Special Features:
- There was a bit of confusionCathieDined on 11/24/2011There was a bit of confusion about where we could be seated. They tried to shove us in a table near the hostess stand and near the front door. When we asked to be moved, they put us at a booth near the kitchen door and the table was so close to the booth seat my 6 ft. husband couldn't fit in it. Then we asked to sit at a regular table in the heart of the restaurant and they gave us a hard time and said other people had reserved specific table locations and they'd be coming in in an hour. When we presisted they gave us a table in front of the fireplace. Alas, another group never did come in for this table so we felt we were lied to over something so silly as a table location. The food was good, but the servings were quite small for the money
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/18/2011Excellent service and food. I will definitely be attending Palmer's Crossing again. Great dining experience.Special Features:
- The service was wonderful,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/15/2011The service was wonderful, however I found the menu a bit limited. I've eaten there before and enjoyed the food much more. Perhaps the kitchen was having a bad night.Special Features:
- Palmer's Crossing is partLawrenceDined on 10/9/2011Palmer's Crossing is part of the Clinton Inn. The decor is very elegant and modern with comfortable seating and a quiet atmosphere. We took advantage of an offer on their web site, a free bottle of several types of Salmon Creek wine with the purchase of 2 entrees. This offer is located on the 'news' tab of the restaurant's web site. They will only offer one bottle per table, unless you have seperate checks.Special Features:
- The venue was excellent.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/24/2011The venue was excellent. The Clinton Inn will stay on my list for places when I want to do something extra special.Special Features:
- GREAT VALUE EARLY BIRD DINNERjersey111VIPDined on 9/9/2011GREAT VALUE EARLY BIRD DINNER SERVED UNTIL 6:30--THE PRIME RIB 'ALL YOU CAN EAT' LOOKED GOOD--WILL TRY THAT NEXT TIMESpecial Features:
- Terrific in Tenafly1njgalVIPDined on 8/21/2011Always enjoyable..we have been there many times. Great food and good service. Would recommend.Special Features:
- The food was good, but, notOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 7/8/2011The food was good, but, not great. Being there are so many other restaurants my wife and I would like to try in our town and some of the surroundings towns, we probably would not be back to visit again. We felt the food was a bit overpriced for the caliber provided.