Palmer's American Grill
123 Fulton St.
Farmingdale, NY 11735Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
Palmer's American Grill
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.palmersamericangrille.com/
- Phone: (516) 420-0609
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 4:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 2:00pm Dinner: Sunday: 2:00pm - 9:00pm, Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: John Catalanotto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Friday and Saturday evenings in our bar/lounge area.
- Special Events: Check our web site for dinner shows and special events
A word from Palmer's American Grill
Palmer's American Grille has a warm and friendly atmosphere featuring an upscale contemporary menu starting with our prime aged steaks to our delicious pastas, seafood entrees, accompanied by our decadent desserts. In addition to our superb menu we also offer live entertainment (Friday and Saturday evenings)in our bar/lounge area to make your dining experience complete.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
Palmer's American Grill - Best Restaurants in Farmingdale ›
Palmer's American Grill reviews from OpenTable diners
53 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (25)good for groups (19)fit for foodies (17)romantic (16)vibrant bar scene (5)notable wine list (5)great for lunch (4)great for outdoor dining (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)Show More
- DKDK091395Dined on 11/21/2014I came with my family 5 ladies and we had a wonderful time. The food was excellent and service was on top of everything. We were able to stay a little after dinner and talk without being rushed out as do so many other steak houses. I Would highly recommend this restuarant to friends and family.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DissapointingDomAVIPDined on 11/15/2014Rather disappointing experience with the food. Ordered Rib Eye steak that was only as good as one from the Outback at double the price.
- PameiDined on 11/14/2014We had a wonderful time. The food was great as usual and the service we received was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food Off night for the waiterretiredVIPDined on 11/6/2014Food and ambiance was great as always. I thing the waiter was not having a good evening. A little slow and forgetful. Ordered desserts and had to remind him again to bring them. He returned our check minus my credit card which happened to fall out of the holder. It was lying on the floor. He was very apologetic about the incident. Had him wait on us before without any problems. Will go back.Special Features:
- Always EnjoyableAuntretDined on 11/6/2014From the atmosphere to the waiters to the food. Everything was perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice and easyDishesVIPDined on 11/1/2014We went with friends on Saturday -and we all enjoyed the selection and the food. Palmers is a place where anyone can find something to have that tickles their fancy. The service was attentive and the portions were generous. I felt the presentation was lovely as well. I had the special portable lo bisque which was amazing.Special Features:
- DelishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014Excellent meal....although very noisey! the dining room needs something to muffle the sounds so that we can hear our table cnversations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- blahscottnVIPDined on 10/25/2014nice enough place, seated us promptly. blah looking room. fairly basic menu, salads were wilted, baked clams excellent, mains were decent. one of our party is allergic to capers. we clearly stated this to the waiter when ordering. of course her main came out loaded with capers. it took a half hour to replace, no apology, no management, nothing. would not repeat.
- always great foodjdv38Dined on 10/19/2014Have been here many times always great food and service will be back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DavLDined on 10/17/2014Great food and excellent service..Cynthia was ourserverandshewas greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- declining!kittyVIPDined on 10/1/2014Both food and service have declined over the past year. This willl be our last visit at least for a long time.
- What a wonderful evening.PanelManDined on 9/20/2014Being a Farmingdale resident, I have dined at Palmer's many times since they opened, and have never been disappointed. I am very happy that this tradition continued with our most recent visit. My girlfriend took me out for my birthday, and we had a wonderful time right from the beginning. We arrived early so we could enjoy a drink at the bar before dinner, and Denise made my girlfriend the best frozen Margarita she has ever had. Our waiter Joe was friendly, knew his specials without having to read (I look at this as a sign of being professional), and he was attentive without being annoying. Do I really need to add that our meals were excellent, they were. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with my wifeDavLDined on 9/20/2014While we come quite often to Palmer's we found the food excellent as always..ordered a beer with dinner and while it was on my bill it never came..it was a little disappointing.we like this restaurant a lot and always look forward to dinner..the lobster bisque is the best aroundSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood SpotFernandoDined on 9/13/2014The food is very good and there is a solid menu. Service is not consistent.Special Features:
- Deliciousluv2bservedVIPDined on 9/6/2014Very pleasantly surprised by the restaurant. The food was delicious. Their veal chop special really flavorful as was the signature chicken and steak. Service was professional and good. The noise level on a saturday night…….not so much. it was very loud. Seperate party room looked nice and i hear the catering for it is good. Will be going there againSpecial Features:
- Nice dinner, tuna was very goodgattyVIPDined on 9/1/2014My entree was quite good had seared tuna. Appetizers were mozzarella caprese which was overpowered by way too much vinegar . Have eaten herd before good local place.Special Features:
- Unhappyat52Dined on 8/23/2014Good food, accommodating staff, good service . The entree called for. Oxen vegetables. When the waiter brought out the food with string beans only I asked why there was not a mix of vegetables. He said onions and string beans that was the mix. He noticed my disapproval and without me even asking, he brought out a dish of Brocolli as well. The restaurant was not too crowded so the noise level was fine. The bread was average they might want to add more of an assortment to the bread tray as that might make dining more enjoyable as I prefer differentl types of bread. All in all it was a pleasant experience and I would consider going back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never failsmjcjcatVIPDined on 8/23/2014We had a wonderful Saturday night. Skirt steak, with garlic mash, outstanding. Lobster ravioli superb. Wait staff was great. Love this place and will come back as we always do.Special Features:
- The following 116 reviews are from the Palmer's American Grill reviews archive.
- LolaBDined on 7/26/2014LOUD!!!! I have to say first that the sound level was unacceptably loud. Nearly every table was full and it quite frankly looked like extra tables had been squeezed in, because there was little space between diners. That being said, the food was very good. Everyone in my party was pleased with their entree. Portion sizes were more than adequate, but not overwhelmingly massive. Service was a bit rushed -- maybe not enough servers for the crowd?Special Features:
- enjoyable.2fineDined on 7/18/2014Good menu, good support team, food fresh and hot when arrived at the table.Special Features:
- Complete Satisfactionmskin52Dined on 7/11/2014I've been to the bar before, but this was my first time having dinner and everything was excellent. And the Kendall Jackson Reserve was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was okFernandoDined on 7/11/2014The food was good, however, they brought the wrong food and it took a while to get the right food. I would go again because it is convenient.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerAnnidinDined on 6/27/2014Palmers provided great good and service for our special night out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/19/2014excellent experience, went there for Thursday night steak night special and it was great. have been here many times before and have never been disappointed.
- PCaseyDined on 6/15/2014We frequent Palmers often and we decided to go there for Father's Day this past Sunday. We had reservations at 7:15pm and when we got there we waited maybe 5 minutes and we were able to get a nice table outside on the patio. Our servers name was Mike and he was such a pleasure to have wait on us we did not feel rushed at all. From our wine to our steaks and dessert and coffee everything was outstanding!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Makes you feel at home!TvVinnyDined on 5/23/2014We had fun with the owner who assured us of great service and personally provided it. Large, diverse menu with excellent portions. Definitely requires return visits.Special Features:
- Great FoodCJP65Dined on 5/17/2014Wanted to try a new place that had live music. I knew the musician playing so why not? Had an excellent dinner. Steve our waiter was very friendly and attentive. The bar is very nice and the female bartender was great. The bartender with the beard ignored me for 10 minutes while I tried to order a second glass of wine. I started to get really annoyed. Luckily the other bartender came back. I guess it couldn't be perfect. All in all it was an excellent experience.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/12/2014Went to palmers for my moms birthday Abe was our server. He was fantastic, the good was great and the wine list was very reasonably priced. We will definitely go back !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great FoodlivinthelifeDined on 5/9/2014I Always pass Palmers restaurant and wanted to try the food. We went there one night with our daughter and son in law. The atmosphere was very pleasant and the food was delicious. We will be returning soon for another fantastic meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently GreatOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 4/19/2014You always get great service and a great meal at PalmersI would recommend this to a friend.
- Has been going downhill...kittyVIPDined on 4/4/2014This was a favorite for awhile but last few visits haven't been so great. We always feel rushed and the where you sit is according to their convenience, not your preference.Special Features:
- Nice SurpriseRoseDined on 4/3/2014We need some nice neighborhood restaurants in the area and Palmers is one. We had NY Strip steaks and it was very good! Salmon was also had by one of our family. It was a very ample sized portion and delicious!! It is worth a try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Palmers - Dinner on 3/29/14MickeyDined on 3/29/2014We had a nice time at the bar before dinner. The food and service were excellent, but the room was quite loud. Perhaps,something soft on the walls would help.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I really like this place.Kristyne0811Dined on 3/29/2014I really like this place. It was a bit too loud for the romantic evening I'd planned. Great food, reasonably priced. Good service. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceGcp404Dined on 3/29/2014We chose Palmers on a recommendation from my cousin who eats out a lot. My wife and I wanted to go out for our anniversary. We weren't looking for anything romantic or special - just someplace different. At Palmers we felt like we were at an upscale restaurant but the prices were reasonable. We enjoyed the food, ambiance and service. My only "complaint" was that everything felt too efficient - if that can even be a complaint. Our reservation was for 6:30pm, so it wasn't that crowded at that time. The food came out so promptly that our dinner was done in just over an hour. It almost seemed like it was rushed - although it really was the food being prepared and served in a timely fashion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whats going on?DebbylVIPDined on 3/22/2014We've eaten here multiple times and the food is always good but the waiters are so busy running around that they forget to come back. Its really annoying when your spending a lot of money and you don't get water refills and you have to wave the waiter down for dessert. Maybe they had some bad nights the last two times but I'm not sure I'll try it again.Special Features:
- A good choice for a weekend outing!BKlererDined on 3/22/2014Our friends recommended this local restaurant. They sat us right on time at 7:15. Service was attentive and dishes tasty and well prepared. The skirt stake was fabulous as well as the crab cakes. We will be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food But LoudBillDined on 3/15/2014The food was excellent and service not bad for a crowded Saturday night but the noise was excessive. It was difficult to hear those across the same table. Will try again on another night of the week. A really good menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food!D22destinyDined on 3/8/2014I can not find one thing to complain about at Palmer's. I ordered Beef Wellington and it was cooked to perfection! My fiance ordered lobster bisque and stuffed mushrooms. I tasted the bisque and it was delicious. He loved the mushrooms! I have gone to pricey steak houses before and had the beef wellington and Palmer's was by far better and less expensive. Dessert was also amazing! I had apple crisp ala mode and my fiance had the Junior's cheesecake. The pricing is very reasonable for the quality you receive. Our waiter Abe was excellent and funny.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great surpriseeatwellDined on 3/1/2014our first time here. We were very happy with this Restaurant. The food will bring us back often. Very good and relaxed and elegant atmosphere. Wish there were more Food establishments like this one around.Special Features: